It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Changes?Unexplained Crevice Appears in Michigan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i live in port huron, mi and yesterday my head felt like it was in a microwave.can anyone find if harp was activated then, if so how long? i didn't feel any earthquake here! in addition, lake huron has cliffs in it that could be deceptive of it's true depths.also there are interconnected caverns.canadian oil refineries would pump toxic byproducts into some of the cavern systems only to be released elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Your statements are bold and also demeaning.

Originally posted by Retikx
WOWWWWWW i fully explained this in my post on the second page. This is not uncommon phenomenon, this happens all the friggin time all over the flippin world!!!!! Some of you people are real nut sacks. I mean nut jobs. I like a good conspiracy just as much as the next guy... but come on.. Maybe if you girls and boys went for some nature walks once in a while and got out from behind your computers this wouldn't be such a mystery to you..

Let's first look and your Avatar, "Deny Ignorance" hmmm Ok, Let's

I would first say if your going to make claims on ATS, and or a valid argument please back it up with links, and valid information substantiating your claims.

Your Claims:

Originally posted by Retikx
A disk of sandy clay soil that has become very dry hard and brittle and is resting on a long peaked ridge of rock will will raise up and shrivel around its edges, once a good rain hits it it sags down and causes the sandy clay deposit to crack along the ridge of rock. seen it before.

Kinda funny its in the news lol, ZOMG 2012 it t3h shifting!!!!

Now, let us look at the weather for this part of Michigan, was there enough rain fall on said dates that this phenomenon occurred, as you claim?

This can be a rhetorical question, since trying to belittle is not my purpose, but rather post valid facts for people to make their own decisions.

Weather Facts for 2 months:

Weather Patterns for Menominee, Michigan October 2010

Weather Patterns for Menominee, Michigan September 2010

edit on 8-10-2010 by Realtruth because: Spelling errors

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the post..

Other then the youtube link with the guy overly excited and a bit paranoid, it is very interesting..

I am not sure how common it is for cracks to form for hundreds of feet in the earth up in Michigan, but to say the least its interesting..

Good thread..

thanks for the news..

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

This is nothing unusual, the earth is at the moment in a progressive phase which happens and have happened many times since we humans have started living here. After some time it simply starts to repair itself, a cleanup phase. All is happening naturally , landlines will crack\move, earthquakes, ect ect. It does this to make itself ready for the next phase.

This Michigan incident is only a minor change in the cleaning-phase.

Ps: Natural planetary repairing systems does not care much about the animals\lives living on the planet.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Bic what caught my attention is the crack, that is protruding from the ground, is rising not sinking, which eludes to something or some force being exerted from the bottom.

What else is interesting is that Michigan has lots of natural gas underneath it, so I would wager that might be the cause, some type of natural gas/methane pocket igniting from underneath, but that is just a guess. We'll have to wait and see what the U.S. Geological Survey office has to say about it, since natural gas is oderless and not visible.

Another article on the subject.

www.dailypress.net...

edit on 8-10-2010 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

You are right that is exactly how mountains are formed. If you notice in the picture the trees are starting to slant away from the crack like it is being raised up not sinking down.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't understand all the talk about sinkholes as I don't see much evidence of a sinkhole here. The trees that suggest an upward force are interesting but other than that it appears as a not too unusual fissure. I'm not familiar with the geology there but this article discusses fissures.

Fissures usually are noticed first as land cracks or crevices, a break in the earth's surface. They can then grow considerably by water erosion. Gullies or trenches may be up to 50 feet deep and 10 feet wide, with the fissure extending hundreds of feet below the surface. The fissure may range in length from a few hundred feet to over 8 miles. The average length of a fissure is measured in hundreds of feet.
Source

reply to post by Varemia

From what they said, there was an earthquake, but it was a minor one. The earth appears to have merely slipped with little resistance.

Where did you see that part? The news video stated that "there have been no recent reports of earthquakes in the area". I know the article mentioned the resident saying there was an earthquake but it appeared as unsubstantiated speculation to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Bingo! I was just going to post this.

It seems obvious to me that this is NOT a sink hole. The ground is not falling in, it is rising up and out...literally torn apart. The eyewitness account does sound more like a very large explosion vs. earthquake. It would make sense to me, therefore that perhaps a large collection of methane or other naturally occurring gas had collected in a pocket (maybe in an underground cave) and for whatever reason bubbled to the surface, or exploded underground. This would explain the geological formation and also the lack of earthquake.

I would be curious to find out if there are noted pockets of gas in the area that are being drilled? There seem to be a large amount of 'blow outs' lately so it wouldn't surprise me if it were tied into some sort of other drilling operation in the area.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

yea realtruth, that's what kinda caught my eye as well. Does not look NORMAL, to me as well, but I am no geologist and I am not going to speculate.
edit on 8-10-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Dormant alien awakening.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

They are off by about a degree. Pretty easy to find online.

reply to post by GhostLancer

I think you posted the first genuine, thought out hypotheses for this. While I don't agree with you, great job.

The size of the planet hasn't changed much since the Mars-sized object that created Luna collided with it. There is no hard scientific evidence to show that the size of Earth is increasing or decreasing dramatically. Also, we "align with the plane of the Milky Way" twice per year. Scientifically, because of the vast size of our galaxy, we cannot pinpoint an exact date that the Solar System will be in the exact center of the Milky Way. Scientists can only give a broad date range.

The idea of underground tunnels I actually think is pretty novel, but what strategic value is there for the UP? Granted, it has rich resources of timber, copper and nickel (further north and west), and access to lots of cold, fresh water but not much else.

reply to post by Mobius1974

Yes, I know the Yooper dialect is more in the Houghton and Keweenaw areas. It was a joke.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
IT could be a Cryoseism,
They are not well understood, and can occur in summer. They exhibit the characteristics of what happened here, and mostly are a nocturnal event, and have occurred before in the general area

en.wikipedia.org...

Cryoseisms and other events in the area,

www.msu.edu...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
holy #.
this reminds me of the hollywood movie 2012.
when all the cracks start appearing everywhere then BAM the big one happens.
haha oh man we are so gonna die in 2012

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What if it is just a sinkhole?

Michigan is surrounded by the great lakes and one of their main resources are freshwater. Just throwing this out there but wouldn't this sinkhole just be a sinkhole from water under the surface? t has happened before after a LOT of rainfall everywhere else. Well that's my idea. If there was no earthquake accompanying this sinkhole, then i don't think the sinkhole would deal with any seismic activity... could be wrong tho.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Why isn't this post moved to highly speculative like mine were? I posted pretty much the same thing then my post were moved to HIGHLY SPECULATIVE.

Is there a mod stalking me I wonder?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Truly fascinating. Look forward to hearing more about it.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbinHood

Rebound

As the Ice packs melts, the pressure on the LandMass gets less and less, allowing the Land to rise up, whilsssst the Sea Floor gets pushed Down because of all he extra water...

Or something like that ! Im just guessing !! could be a farmer watering his croops to much, what ever suits your Logic..

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Why isn't this post moved to highly speculative like mine were? I posted pretty much the same thing then my post were moved to HIGHLY SPECULATIVE. Is there a mod stalking me I wonder?

More than mods are stalking you. LOL Just kidding. But, maybe you have been posting too many highly speculative posts? I have no idea, but this reminds me of the commerical where the group is having an office meeting and a junior, younger guy makes a suggestion. No one says anything. Then, the big boss dude restates the same thing and makes a hand gesture. Then, everyone else nods and agrees that it's a great idea. The junior guy says, "Hey, I just said that!" The big boss replies, "Yes, but I did *this.*" --Referring to his hand gesture.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

That's fine...

It means the only way they can beat me is to censure me. I relish that FACT.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Ever see War of the Worlds?

A giant alien space robot may be slowly coming out of the ground.

Well...

The area was compressed by the ice pack during the last ice age. My theory is that the land is rebounding (still) just as what happened in the Scottish highlands which were crushed under ice. But it would be cooler if it were a giant alien robot.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join