It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Looky I found this Great book on Sumeria!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
read it online Sumerians their history culture and character

by Samuel Noah Kramer...god bless this man

this book is chock full of all the things you really want to know about the Sumerians
can't post an excerpt but I will say you could take any paragraph in this book and post it they are gems

this guy is a brilliant writer ,nothing in this book is boring and that is hard to say about about archeology books!

edit on 10/7/2010 by MrsBlonde because: to correct my hasty haphazard writing

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thanks! This will be a surprising read and to many others who will be shocked to see the Sumerian culture predates the Abrahamic faiths.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Thanks! This will be a surprising read and to many others who will be shocked to see the Sumerian culture predates the Abrahamic faiths.

really? The Bible says Abraham came from UR of the Chaldees??? where do bible folks think that is??

gosh I knew that when I was in Sunday school !! I also knew about Sumeria back then,...before the flood

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Well there are countless similarities between Judaism and Sumerian mythology.
Am I right?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Thank you for the heads up, I bookmarked the page, it will take a while to read, I prefer a real book in my hand, not easy to read 300 plus pages on line, looks very interesting and looking forward to it.

edit on 7-10-2010 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

oh to be sure! the similarity is no coincidence!
but the differences are very interesting too!

to Aquarius ,enjoy my friend ,it's a great read I am still working on it myself

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
MrsBlonde,

Kramer is one of several references of the highest available order for information on Sumer.

You'd do right to read everything he says, but that's quite a lot.

Harte

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

oh I know good scholarship when I see it .I look for it ,I hate crap,*cough Sitchen* . I read Archeologica .and any other serious ,content I can find. Can't really translate it so I have to rely on the translations that are out there ,even if I did learn it I doubt I could do better than what has been done. I don't mean the kooks that are rewriting it to suit themselves ,grrr,. I do have my own interests and specialties but that doesn't include rewriting things to suit my ,pet theory du jor or taking things out of context .

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's a good link to keep in the linkfile. Excellent book, really, even given its age.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
sometimes the older books are the best, depending on the subject matter of course.
but it has come to my attention concerning ancient languages and translations that some these older volumes have not been surpassed .
and some of them have been edited and some work left out

so it's nice to have them I have an old Mercia Eliade book of the Descent of Innana it's a real eye opener. Out of print too

new topics

top topics

join