It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else's "New Topics" Not Updating?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Mine says
delete please
The Gray Area, Posted 57 seconds ago
Mysterious eerie figure looms out of morning mist (photo)
General Conspiracies, Posted 9 minutes ago
RT- RT as Public Enemy? Top US media boss ready to fight 'enemies'
Education and Media, Posted 15 minutes ago

1st one says 57 seconds ago, its been on there for about 15 minutes.

p.s. sry if this isn't the right forum

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I know! what was that all about?

Weird

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Your not seeing things. Its happening to me to and its randomly happening with new topic fire-hose.
Its frustrating as hell!!!

P.S. This isn't the only day its stopped working.
edit on 10/7/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

Some member just called me confused, what an idiot. People should really think before they talk and THINK they know everything...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

HA! Sad... Anyway the live feeds have been down since 2 or 3pm cst today.

Sigh.... I have an android phone and I find myself on ATS almost all day everyday even at work. I should have posted about this problem a while back. Thought it was just me.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I was having the same issue except the "new" topics were several hours old when they said only minutes had passed; Since I didn't feel like searching through all the forums, I logged off earlier than usual.

Miss that sidebar.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ive had the same problem since the change.

I can go away for an hour, come back & hit refresh, & wow, that same article I saw up an hour ago was only posted 9 seconds ago, STILL. When it does eventually refresh, theres been 20 posts since. That can take 2 hours !

Am I having some missing time here, or have the web designers bitten off more than they can chew ? I appreciate the amount of effort that must have gone into the new layout, but its a failure.

Will ATS admit this & just go back to the way things were when they worked, I have a feeling failure to act on all the members concerns will result in an exodus from the site, & that would be a shame ?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yeah, it happens, but not only that, some topics seem to zip right through. So in the event that you only get to check into ATS in the evening, you may have missed some of the new things in the last 24 hours or so.
I am betting that it is just some fine tuning to be completed with the new format/webpage. Good to alert the Mods.
They get things done....and how!

I really must say that I miss the old "Newest" ,"Posts with comments", etc. on the home page, but it is there
in the tabs. I see that the home page topics are chosen by popularity/content.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hatcookie

Miss that sidebar.

Hatcookie please look to the right of the screen. You will see a vertical bar that says (Top topics in forum) and (New/Top/Hot topics). Just give it a click and a window will slide out with everything your looking for.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
reply to post by Hatcookie

Miss that sidebar.

Hatcookie please look to the right of the screen. You will see a vertical bar that says (Top topics in forum) and (New/Top/Hot topics). Just give it a click and a window will slide out with everything your looking for.

I realise that, and what I should have said is miss the old sidebar. But thanks for trying to help anyway.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Giving the thread a bump since we haven't gotten an answer to "why" this has been happening.

Second line.. Always wear a helmet when operating a motocross bike. Left Eye is black and blue because I'm a dumbass... Sigh.. and now off to work looking like the elephant man.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Its doing it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know I have a busted up head and eye from yesterday but CMON!!

top topics

join