It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.T. calling? Here's what to do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Alan Boyle writes:Experts have hammered out a simplified game plan to follow in the event that signals from an extraterrestrial civilization are ever detected.

The new guidelines for dealing with theoretical radio transmissions from E.T. were adopted unanimously by the International Academy of Astronautics' SETI Permanent Study group last week during a meeting in Prague, the Czech capital.

The timing is weirdly coincidental, in that the long-scheduled meeting came amid an international buzz over the United Nations' role in responding to a hypothetical E.T. call. Malaysian astronomer Mazlan Othman, head of the U.N. Office for Outer Space Affairs, said the world body was "a ready-made mechanism for such coordination," and quite a few news outlets suggested that Othman herself might be named the point person for dealing with extraterrestrial communications.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I find it intresting that even the article talks about the coincidencs occuring lately with E.T. talk. We have many threads on ATS that are talking about disclosure, and it seems to be that every few days now we have another headline talking about UFO's and E.T. possibilities.

I think the coinicidents are starting to move into the realm of not being conincidents any more. From the UFO sightings in China, to the ESA talking about Phobos, to the calls for disclosure from governments...

Still looks like something is being built up for the population...

This is a rewrite of the protocols that were already in place. The group decided to make it easier, essentially stating an honesty policy with regards to the news media. If I read it right, the old method was to notify 10 seperate agency's before disclosure. Now it looks like it goes to the media first thing now.
edit on 7-10-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
To me these "coincidences" have been occurring ever since I signed up and started reading ATS.

It's simply a matter of perception.

Because the information is so readily reported on ATS, it makes it seem like it is growing and coming to some sort of head or "disclosure" or whatever.

But in reality (outside of ATS) I have to say that nothing is really changing or building up or happening differently at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

I mean outside of ATS. The MSM seems more willing to post stoies that deal with topics they normally didnt touch. The MSM seems more at ease with interviewing people who ten years ago would be dismissed as quaacks (not saying they arent, but they get camera time now).

The fact governments around the world are opening their files (or so we are told) in addition to what the Vatican is doing, to the discovery of extra solar planets, and now we are finding one in a habitable zone, the statements about bactria / microbes existing on Mars and Titan.

It really does seem like there is an increase in reporting, and speculation, that we have not seen before. Its one thing to speculate on a forum, but the amount of it coming from the MSM now is specifically what im talking about.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Dear Xcathdra

Sorry to say but these people and all like them have a protocol for every eventuality.

Most likely the pentagon have a protocol for H bombing Rode Island.

In it’s self it means nothing they have to spend your money on something.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Dear John(Mac269),

Why do you have to take such a logical approach to this topic? Can't some of us have our own delusions about possibilities of ET contact?

Sincerely,

Me

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Dear Xcathdra

Thank you I take that as a sincere complement. Just call me Spock from now on.

There dose seam at least on the fringes to be interest right now.

Personally I am still trying to get my head around whether there is any truth to the UFO phenomenon or not. The debunkers do such a good job so I have to try any figure between that and what I saw along with what credible witnesses have seen. Simply because there is so much of a gap between the two.

edit on 7-10-2010 by MAC269 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Nick_X

The fact governments around the world are opening their files (or so we are told) in addition to what the Vatican is doing, to the discovery of extra solar planets, and now we are finding one in a habitable zone,

Do you really see the Vatican as a reputable source of anything? Do you think world governments have a good track record of "disclosing" even the smallest truths? If your answer is 'No', then why would you now start to believe this crap coming from them? Could it be that they have lost their audiences and are trying to get control back with these fantastic stories? Will you rely on them for information now?

Knowing what you surely should know about governments and the Vatican, would any self-respecting alien have anything to do with them?

There are several possibilities.
1) these UFO's are terrestrial---from the earth and are being used by TPTB toward an agenda
2) the UFO's are extraterrestrial and the powers want to be in the know but aren't
3) if the UFO's are extraterrestrial and in cahoots with governments and Vatican then they must not be benevolent
4) the aliens are benevolent, but governments and Vatican will attempt to frighten people into believing they are hostile

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Take their word for it? All I posted was the change in protocol at SETI, and point out the increase in the number of news stories that revolve around Spce exploration, ET, and the possbility of life off of this planet (whether it be microbes, algae or Klingons). The government disclosure, whether it is true, or false, has not happened before on this magnitude. So however you want to view it, its a change in the norm.

As far as the vatican goes does it not seem odd that an institution that has gone to great lengths to supress info to secure their position as a religion, would do an about face about the possibility of life elsewhere, knowing full well it could jeopradize their position with doctrine and faith.

While I see the point of not beleiving the stuff outright, I dont think there is anything wrong with cautious optomism.

@Mac269 - It was a compliment. Nothing wrong with the occasional dose of common sense or healthy skepticism..

edit on 7-10-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Alan Boyle writes:Experts have hammered out a simplified game plan to follow in the event that signals from an extraterrestrial civilization are ever detected.

The new guidelines for dealing with theoretical radio transmissions from E.T. were adopted unanimously by the International Academy of Astronautics' SETI Permanent Study group last week during a meeting in Prague, the Czech capital.

The timing is weirdly coincidental, in that the long-scheduled meeting came amid an international buzz over the United Nations' role in responding to a hypothetical E.T. call. Malaysian astronomer Mazlan Othman, head of the U.N. Office for Outer Space Affairs, said the world body was "a ready-made mechanism for such coordination," and quite a few news outlets suggested that Othman herself might be named the point person for dealing with extraterrestrial communications.

Interesting article, do you know that some circles call Czech the gateway to hell? Do you
know that we, us, Humans are sometimes the best things on Radio, Tv and internet to many
of them? Want to know what that really means for some of them? It means that every aspect
of our lives are like the soap opera Days of our Lives to them (ET's). For real.....that is about
all we are to many of them. Sometimes we get "boring" to them because we will not
"Sing and dance" for them which means we just stop living and only exist. Some of us do it
on purpose because we noticed they are watching us and some are made to stop because
they don't know they are being watched but others do know and make those being watched
uninteresting by taking away everything we have to accomplish that goal.

From this point on it gets "Crazy" (as if it isn't already eh?), How do you feel when your favorite
show on TV gets cancelled? Disappointed? Angry, Upset? What if it was the only program you
were interested in or the only one on, "The only interesting channel"? Some would go do
something else, others would get down right angry because for them, nothing else is
interesting enough to watch hehe, Shakespear anyone? All the World is a stage..............CUT!
...what the hell are you doing? That is not in the script! Cmon peoples let's do it again till you
get it right, time is money let's move cmon.
Ready? lights, camera....and action!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There's no big secret....you can go on SETI's website and read the very specific protocols to be followed in the event of an alien signal detection.

top topics

join