It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you kill an alien?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It it was clear, beyond any shadow of a doubt that it meant no harm no me or my hypothetical loved ones, I would not kill or harm it.

"Shoot first, ask questions later" is a detructive, bordeline psychopathic, and ignorant way to go about life.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
When I was young i caught a really weird looking spikey fish in a rockpool in Lanzarote in Spain, I poked fire crakers down its throat, lit them and threw the thing out to sea where it exploded. Next day my mate did the same but when he lit the fire crackers the fish immediately exploded and its head landed in his hair. Oh how I laughed.

Some years later whilst fishing a friend performed the scene from reservoir dogs where they cut up the policeman listening to the joker on a Mackeral, pretty sick.

Once whilst crab fishing I tied the crabs claws shut and released it to teach it a lesson, it had the nerve to pinch me who was some 30 times bigge than it.

I am against whaling and dont like animal cruelty, I kill spiders because I am fearful of the fact they have no emotional reasoning and do not have any fear and I am unconvinced that they are not poisonus, who knows if its a never been seen before spider and I am the first fatality - not the kind of infamy I would choose.

Would I kill an alien or try to kill one, dunno, if it were human like or cute most certainly not but what if it were really evil looking, even though it may not be threatening we might perceive it as that, I personally think that I would just go with it, you only get one chance in life, so what if you die of radiation on the way to the ET home planet or when you get there they kill you and eat you, cancer is a pretty horrible way to die aswell.

But I have to say, if it made you feel threatened and appeared unreasoning (like a plant or insect) and there were a weapon nearby, I think I would.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
LOL. How do you go about killing an alien? Would you use water? LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecy4

Well we could try shooting it with chalk bullets or spraying deadly poisonous oxygen at it. Or maybe we need to cut off the 19th ventral tenticle? That's if we can reach it being as the alien is 850ft high having come from a planet larger than Earth (as most planets are)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/881e348d9523.png[/atsimg]

edit on 6-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: YAYYY I made a thread

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Thats was gold..

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Of course, if aliens were hostile to us, we'd be dead at least 9 years before we even knew they existed.

Any alien landing on Earth must be friendly. Until we try and kill it ....... and they realise humans are actually just vicious wild animals after all. And not quite as intelligent as a whelk.

Whelks will inherit the Earth!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Of course, if aliens were hostile to us, we'd be dead at least 9 years before we even knew they existed.

Any alien landing on Earth must be friendly. Until we try and kill it ....... and they realise humans are actually just vicious wild animals after all. And not quite as intelligent as a whelk.

Whelks will inherit the Earth!

They must be friendly? LOL. They've been kidnapping and raping people. Is that what you call friendly?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dementedtheclown
I go by horror movie law, kill or be killed.

My personal belief is aliens arn't good. Protect your own kind.

'Protect your own kind?' Dude . . .that's what the KKK says.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Have they?

How does a being with completely different chemistry and biology to anything on Earth, evolved under a different sun with different radiation on a planet with different gravity, rape a human?

If anyone is doing the raping it's humans.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Your weapons will be laughable to any species capable of crossing the universe, it would be like an amazonian tribe trying to fight off the full force of the U.S Millitary using sticks and bows. If they arent here to help us, then nothing we have will be able to stop them, owning guns or living somewhere that is heavily armed ( america..etc) definetly wont help as any logical plan of invasion would surely 1st focus on the most threatening parts of the world ie those most armed so it would probably get you killed/abducted/tested upon quicker. The fact is we probably wont have anything, such an advanced species would need so theyre probably here to help guide us rather than enslave/destroy us and so welcoming them with a loaded gun is going to at best make them think of you as a bit of a dick or at worst kill/neutralise you in self defense........................... either way guns are going to be pretty pointless

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would not kill any alien of any supposed species unless I feared for my life. My first instinct would be to flee a malevolent entity but with the mental and technological powers they probably have at their disposal I would probably be screwed.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Have they?

How does a being with completely different chemistry and biology to anything on Earth, evolved under a different sun with different radiation on a planet with different gravity, rape a human?

If anyone is doing the raping it's humans.

Tell that to the Reptilians, they are supposedly pretty promiscous, and not always in a nice way.....

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth

I go by horror movie law, kill or be killed.

My personal belief is aliens arn't good. Protect your own kind.

'Protect your own kind?' Dude . . .that's what the KKK says.

Aliens aint our brothers from another mother, there a whole nother species.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I dont think it would be too hard to kill ET, just watch out for his glowing finger and or probe, pity Steve Irwin isnt still with us, he would catch it and release it unharmed.

IMO this thread is a joke anyway, surely its not serious.

I didnt realise there was the 'law' of horror movies, i thought it was the law of the jungle, survival of the fittest but it now seems its survival of the richest and largest (note i didnt say most intelligent, just because you may have better weapons that anyone else doesnt make you more intelligent, you might be completely out witted by some genious generals with proper battle experience who outflank you and steal your probes.

And to the poster who said it would be like tribes fighting the US - look at Russia in Afghanistan, the Coalition in Afghanistan, US in Somalia, US in Vietnam...dont underestimate mans willing to protect his family.

And I would like to think that only our planet has developed weapons to kill each other, imagine if we were one world, pooled resources and together went on the space race, exploration etc. We would probably be sending manned craft to Mars and beyond a long time ago, as a theorist would say, "for alien lifeforms to travel to our world, their technology must me measurably more advanced than us, they must come from peaceful planets as if they were engaged in waging wars on their own kind, they would too busy tying up resources to do that than exploring space."

I call Aliens will be peaceful.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Would you kill an alien?

Depends

If it was trying to kill me hell yes and if not Ill call Barack and tell him he has a hole new crowd to vote for him.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I would sell it for money, millions of dollars.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have a 12 gauge pump action shotgun with 00 buckshot in it in a rack above my bed. If I wake up with little grey guys in my room I'm going to at least grab it down and probably start shooting unless they convince me real quick they aren't hostile. Breaking into my house in the middle of the night, even it they are human, is a hostile act and deserves to be treated as such.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
no i wouldn't kill it if it came in peace, i'd have a new bud like american dad

smiles

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You would kill an alien who is watching TV? You see, this is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Personally I'd be the first to shoot first ask questions later.

How many questions do you think you would be able to answer after you were shot in the head?

I see an obvious flaw in the logic,
ET

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join