It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you kill an alien?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Personally I'd be the first to shoot first ask questions later. I go by horror movie law, kill or be killed.
So say you wake up, and there's an alien just chillen on your sofa watching tv. You have a gun, and kids, what would you do?

My personal belief is aliens arn't good. Protect your own kind. That n I always wanted to kill something f***ed up.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

Why would anyone want to kill anything they arn't going to eat is beyond me.
If it looks like an alien is coming to get you and kill you first, don't worry, probably not much you can really do except not soil your pants to ruin his meal.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dementedtheclown
Personally I'd be the first to shoot first ask questions later. I go by horror movie law, kill or be killed.
So say you wake up, and there's an alien just chillen on your sofa watching tv. You have a gun, and kids, what would you do?

My personal belief is aliens arn't good. Protect your own kind. That n I always wanted to kill something f***ed up.

Well...gee...

Lets see, an inner desire to kill and a fascination with horror movie logic...

Yeh, um...no.

No I wouldn't kill an alien...no I don't have a desire to kill anything...and no- I do not even see a reason for this thread other than giving yourself some mental play-time while you fantasize about ending a life...

Nope...I'm escaping this planet "without killing" a single intelligent/free-thinking individual.

I have no desire to murder, kill or "get off" on overpowering or destroying anyone's life...be it alien or earthly.

Your thinking is as alien to me as anything that could come here from space.

MM

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If aliens were hostile it would be because of stupid things like your post......

Seriousley what is wrong with you?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Only if it was real.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
if i was approached by an alien in a manner that was threatening to me, i would have to drop the bobblehead

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I would only kill an alien if it tried to kill me, an act of self preservation, survival instincts if you will. Don't worry though I am not as paranoid as the human race is, I think I'm more laid back regarding an encounter of anything. A human being should not fear anything, we are going to die anyway might as well look on the bright side and all have a good laugh together. It doesn't matter if we are human, alien, or other various strains of life, we are all going to die, might aswell make the most of it.

I would also kill an alien if it tried to kill anyone else who is an innocent human or an innocent alien for that matter. That also goes to any human that tries the same thing, its only natural; face facts.

I am more intelligent than a dumb ape with a club, I am actually a bit annoyed at the phase and stage of our evolution and humanity itself. Whats the point in owning the world, Ive thought about it for over a decade now and the conclusion is...there is no point owning anything, your going to lose it when you die anyway; just be happy with what you got and maybe someday we will interact with other souls/beings/carbon taxi units and we can communicate our experiences of the universe and self someday...someday.

Be aware of the Mastermind, for it is the most powerful generation of energy you can imagine, do not think negative, think positive - but don't be gullible, be aware. Focus on happy things, together; it's that simple.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/881e348d9523.png[/atsimg]

edit on 6-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: YAYYY I made a thread

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think the author of this thread may be an alien.

edit on 6-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: Are you reading this OP? Good, because I put these words here for you and you alone. Thank you for taking the time to read these words, it is much appreciated. I figure the longer you are reading this the less harm you are doing to yourself or others. Well, I guess that is all I really wanted to say to the author of this thread. Thank you for your time and your attention, that is all.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dementedtheclown
Personally I'd be the first to shoot first ask questions later.

I hope you are one of the last kind aliens make contact with. You would make a terrible ambassador and/or diplomat.

Assuming they did not know how the remote worked, I would demonstrate how to use it, offer them something to drink, and sit down on the couch with them to see what they might find interesting to watch on tv. If they turn to FOX news, or Glenn Beck, or Sean Hannity, I would take offense, and tell them that their choice was unacceptable.

I wouldn't have a gun, because it exists for two reasons only, intimidation (causing fear) or killing (ending life).
I wouldn't have any kids because they obviously cloud rational thinking and detrimentally effect critical thinking skills.

My personal belief is aliens arn't good.

Your personal beliefs have little effect on the truth. Unfortunately your kind continues to support your kind who make more laws than you are going to live long enough to learn the number of, or what they all are, so while you are deterred from reality trying to play the game by the rules, your kind does not recognize your own kind for what your own kind really are and what your own kind are really doing to your own kind.

Protect your own kind. That n I always wanted to kill something f***ed up.

Both you and your planet has issues,
ET

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
NEVER KILL OR HARM AN E.B.E :-(

If they do exist and you managed to kill one, it could have disastrous effects to the people on this planet and may harm future visitations, you wouldn't want to burn any bridges as they say.

I would do my best to communicate with the being. If communication is positive and the being is interested in learning about humans, on a more "personal" level, as opposed to just viewing us from the sky,

Maybe i would show it the internet. (assuming it can speak english, or communicate telepathically) I would ask it to show me the mysteries of the universe. I would ask to be taught, to be more like them, so that i could share my experience with the world and maybe through my visitation, world peace could be obtained. Maybe every human being on Earth should have an alien mentor or chaperone if you will.

edit on 7-10-2010 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Why would anyone want to kill anything they arn't going to eat is beyond me.
If it looks like an alien is coming to get you and kill you first, don't worry, probably not much you can really do except not soil your pants to ruin his meal.

mmmmm.......grilled grey, sautéed potatoes and a side of onion rings...oh and extra well done please !!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hmmm....well lets just assume for a minute that the lil guy aint hostile, and chose you for a reason. And was gonna tell you all the truths of the universe, that he was the last representative of his civilization, and the one thing you need to know above all else is *BANG* (gunshot)........you just killed our chance to find out whats really out there and what its about for at least sayyyyy 50 years because now we have to wait for OUR technology to get to the point where we can go "out there" to find out for ourselves.....when dangit we could of had it right now lol.

OR lets say that before the lil guys showed up on your couch (odd place for first contact BTW) he and his brethren were in a meeting, and at this meeting they were having a debate.....

Etouq- Well grohlm, if you look at this planet down here, there is a lot of life down there, they are a carbon based life form, they have wars, they have harnessed the power of the atom, they have the potential do be the next member of our league of planets

Grohlm- Ok Etouq, im curious as to what you mean by potential?

Etouq- Well, we're not sure if we should let them in, they are a lil odd from our point of view, they have all this good energy going on down there, but all their actions indicate that they are harmful....its an interesting dichotomy, so we need to test them to see if we should go down and introduce ourselves.

Grohlm- Sooo what do you think we should do Etoua?

Etouq- I think one of us needs to go down in to one of their domiciles and look around, find some kind of indication of how we should proceed, and well, since you are new here, we think it should be you.

Grohlm- No sweat, just the kind of mission i was hoping for Etouq

Etouq- Very well grohlm (looking at the monitor) that looks like an acceptable place to land

Grohlm (inside the house)- Grohlm to Etouq: Im in the domicile, they have this odd box that has a primitive reception capability, with a hand held interface.....hmmmm interesting, it appears to be some form of audio/visual entertainment......hold on, i think i heard something.....Hello earthling, I am called Grohlm, from *BANG* (gunshot)........

Etouq- GROHLM? GROHLM?.......Etouq to command! We cannot reach Grohlm, how do you recommend we proceed?

COMMAND- Go down to the planet en masse and deduce what happened and if there is a sign of hostility in regards to Grohlm, it will be taken as an act of war!!!!

OK OK OK........insane scenario i know lol, got a lil imaginative there, but i guess thats just one of the infinite possibilities there are huh? Maybe we should go with the "Ask fisrt, shoot never" philosophy? Unless you are that confident that we have the means to protect ourselves from an intergalatic coalition of planets with more resources, highly advanced weapons, and probably more number than we have? I just wouldnt want to be the one that would always be remembered as the one that sparked and intergalatic incident and doomed the planet earth to a occupation or destruction.....
edit on 7-10-2010 by itbenickp because: addition

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by phrankie79
(assuming it can speak english, or communicate telepathically)

I think aspects of English may be anti-telepathy

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Jeez, what did your parents teach you...?
Why you would want to do something like that- or even say it without shame is beyond me.

Sorry to say, but you sound like the kind of person that tortures and kills animals and insects for fun.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by phrankie79
(assuming it can speak english, or communicate telepathically)

I think aspects of English may be anti-telepathy

Well, let us hope they visit you first.

We wouldn't want them getting this idea that we are nothing more then mean, ignorant blobs of flesh seeking self- gratification every second of our lives.
edit on 7-10-2010 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well if there isnt any laws on the books yet?????hmmmm
no really im just kidding really

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

You should never let movies influence your beliefs or opinions. It might sound cool, but people with the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality are going to be responsible for everybody's guns being taken away. It's not going to make a good defense when you are on trial for murder.

Would you really want to be the person on Earth who made first contact with an extra-terrestrial being with a shotgun to it's face? It would be best not to start an intergalactic incident.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Didn't you say in another thread that " Being human isn't exactly something to be proud of " ?
Maybe this has something to do with your feelings of killing innocent beings that have done nothing to harm you.
Just know, not all humans are bad- and if aliens do exist- I bet the same counts for them too.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
Didn't you say in another thread that " Being human isn't exactly something to be proud of " ?
Maybe this has something to do with your feelings of killing innocent beings that have done nothing to harm you.
Just know, not all humans are bad- and if aliens do exist- I bet the same counts for them too.

lol well humans arnt that great. Most will agree the planet would be happier without us.

This threads funny, if I made would you hug an alien? I wonder what the reactions would be.
Aliens seem malevolent if you ask me, stealing ppl, inserting stuff into them, mutilating them and cows.
If aliens showed up, showed 3D holograms of them "seeding" us on this planet. I'd be praying a lot. Perfect plan for the devil don't you think?

My view hasn't changed, call me an amateur paranormal hunter if you wish, with the hunter part being literal. Jersey Devil, Moth Man, anything screwed up looking, I'd hunt it. From all I've heard of aliens, weather there a superior species or not, I wouldn't trust them, I wouldn't except them, and I'll never serve them.

Now if I saw a fairy(not the evil kind) or a unicorn, maybe a leprechaun, I wouldn't harm them. Might try to catch them, but not harm them.

In the case of ghosts, and spirits, it upsets me paranormal investigators don't usually try to help them, n pass them to the other side. But no ghosts, no haunted tours, no money.

But yeah, I'd kill an alien, if you don't like it that's okay. Don't put me down for my beliefs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join