It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Iran not allowed nuclear weapons yet Israel has many?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The Iranian government isn't even that bad...it's the leader...not do just the citizens hate him but the rest of the government does to.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Simple.
Iran is signatory to the NNPT and is thus subject to inspections and restriction. Israel is not signatory and is not subject to the conditions of the treaty. By developing nuclear weapons Iran would be in violation of the treaty. Iran could simply withdraw from the treaty (as N. Korea did in 2003) and be free to do as they wish. But that would mean giving up a lot of perks. They (the government) don't seem to want to do that.

edit on 10/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

why does isreal get to receive these perks but even better by not signing the treaty? the treaty was composed of nations who already possessed the nukes. its all about controlling otheres my friend. i wish no harm on our nation or any others but the us and israel take advantage of all these bs sanctions in order to have the upperhand. in my opinion the us government should be tried for abusing their power. we signed it but i can garuntee our nukes will be ready for use very quickly if they aren't already armed on a bomber.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Because Israel are innocent little lammies?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OmiOra

What perks does Israel get from the NNPT? By "we" do you mean the US? The NNPT allowed nations already in possession of nuclear weapons to continue to possess them. Unequal? Sure. But many nations, including Iran, agreed to the conditions when they signed the treaty.

I'm not saying it's "fair". I'm not saying it's right. But, as a nation, Iran agreed to abide by certain conditions. Israel did not make that agreement. Whatever Israel does not in connection to nuclear weaponry, whatever the US does with Israel, not in connection with nuclear weaponry, is not relevent in terms of the NNPT. It is only under the NNPT that any nation is bound to submit to its conditions.

If Iran desires to develop nuclear weapons they must resign from the treaty. As long as they do not, they are subject to the terms of the treaty. As far as nuclear weapons go it really is that simple.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Because Israel is at a point that Iran is not. Israel is estimated to have upwards to 400 first strike nuclear weapons. If they ever feel at any point that they could or would be destroyed in the near future then as their parting gift to the world would be a nuclear first strike on every oil well, port, and pipeline within a thousand miles. Not only would this "Sampson Option" cause $20 to $50 a gallon gas in a few days it would also cause damage to the ozone layer and possibly cause a nuclear autumn or winter.

If Israel ever unleashes it's arsenal it may take a few months to a year but eventually the planet could die. Or most likely it would return to the stone age and the few survivors left would start over.

en.wikipedia.org...

First if Israel has nuclear weapons there is no evidence they have any thing then standard nukes.
There is no evidence they have any hydrogen weapons.
This limits there weapons size to something between 10 KT and 150 KT, no MT weapons.
you could set off a lot of 10 to 30 KT weapons and cause little global harm other then light radioactivity out side of the target countries. The max size of a fission weapon is about 500 KT but it is not practical because it uses too much fission material.
Some people believe Israel has hydrogen weapons but without any proof that they have even tested a fission weapon most nuclear weapons scientists believe that they do not have the skill to build a complicated weapon of the fusion weapon type.
I believe the only way that Israel could have a hydrogen bomb is one to have built them and "hope" they will work or that one of the US weapons test was a top secret test of a Israeli weapon,

Plus all the enemies of Israel have little in the way of targets for fusion weapons.

Although Iran is much larger than Israel the majority of Iran’s industry is concentrated in Tehran. Tehran is located in a bowl. It is almost perfected situated to suffer maximum damage from a nuclear strike. Israel also has a second strike capability with their 5 Dolphin submarines. This would not only be a second strike which Iran would have immense difficulty defending against.

______beforeitsnews/story/16/786/Why_Israel_Would_Decisively_Beat_Iran.html

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But what does Iran lose from abandoning the treaty other than a more likely war? If they abandon the US and Israel are going in...but what do they get for staying within it? Sure not anymore money bc I'm sure they make more than we even give them 100 fold from oil and all they'd have to do is hike up problems. The only thing they get from staying in and abiding is no war...we don't support them in any way, shape or form...if anything we give them reasons to make nukes and I don't blame them....we are like crooked cops....we can break the law and do wtfe but the minute they do we are doing anything in our power to hold them down. The US is the most oppressive nation...we like to spread freedom but only if it's under our guidelines...its sickening. one our economy fails so many nations will be prepared to invade us and propose rule, hell even mexican drug dealers have us fearing these days and they have no weapons compared to the 50+% of the world that wants us gone.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Your argument though valid is without merit. Israel, although they have not signed the NNPT, the USA did. The very first pillar of the agreement states that the nuclear states agree not to transfer "nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosive devices" and "not in any way to assist, encourage, or induce" a non-nuclear weapon state (NNWS) to acquire nuclear weapons (Article I).

source

We know the US assisted Israel... so does that not mean that the US violated the agreement themselves?? Pot meet Kettle.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Nations who are in possession of nuclear weapons and are more dangerous than Israel:

- Russia: Failing economy, low pay, bad work conditions all lead to many soldiers selling weapons by the bulk.. And cheap.. All it takes is a few soldiers willing to make a few million dollars and someone with enough money and an agenda to make a nuke go into the hands of, let's say, the Taliban..

- N. Korea: Blew up a south Korean boat a few weeks ago for almost no reason, controlled by a crazy midget, can you really be sure they won't be the one firing nukes?

- India-Pakistan: Always at war, and have got nukes, and ballistic rockets. What makes you think they won't use theirs?

- The U.S- America is probably the largest target for anything that's nuclear. I mean, if you were a terrorist, and had a bomb, who would you rather nuke? A tiny country surrounded by Arab nations who would suffer due to the explosion, or the giant symbol of western society and capitalism?
And I wonder what America's going to do after it gets one of its cities erased from the map...

So why is everyone so concerned about Israel?

Cut the bull# out, will ya?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Iran would use them. Or see that those that would use them gets them. They after all fund at least one terrorist organization that I can think of.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Didnt you watch Ahmadenijad at Columbia University recently? Its on Youtube in case you missed. The guy praises "Academics" who praise Hitler for how he "handled Jews" and deny the Holocaust happened, and he refuses to answer the question whether Israel is allowed to exist or not.

And the "Academics" of Columbia University cheer him on and are eager to give this modern day Hitler the Bomb.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

Just for S's & Giggles- Can you provide me with facts and proof that Israel has nuclear weapons.. Please refrain from using opinions and "hunches".

Dont get me wrong... I think they do.. But you won't find proof of that..

I have always thought that it would be the greatest gag ever... If we find out that Israel did the same thing as Sadam... Didn't have them, but said they did, to fool Iran.

There is indirect evidence, not from speculation. On a different AboveTopSecre.com thread, there is something interesting. This is about as close to an official announcement that you will get.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It is assumed that the Israelis and the US or Western people in general are more civilized and moral than non-Western people.

Even though you point out it is Israel and the US that has been involved in all kinds of wars, as well it is only the US that has dropped nuclear weapons on others.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Could be because Jewish physicists created the first atomic, hydrogen and neutron bombs.....and Iran created the Ayatollahs?

Well, that's what happens when one race of people is just that much smarter than them there Iranians.

Go figure, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join