It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Iran not allowed nuclear weapons yet Israel has many?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Iran has not attacked another country in over 300 years, yet if they develop nuclear weapons they risk being destroyed by Israel and America.

Israel has had nuclear weapons for decades, yet they have not had to undergo inspections from UN nuclear inspectors?

The problem is this just wreaks of double standards, which is reflected in our whole approach to the Middle east conflict.

People can talk about Ahamadenijad being a religious nut, but is he any more of a nut than the leaders of Israel?

Surely it's a matter of perspective and not as clean cut as western propaganda would have us believe.

Anyway I look forward to hearing your thoughts

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Because the NPT says so.

No pun included

You see it from the POV of, "Hey, they have big bombs, why can't we have them too?" Nuclear bombs sole purpose is destruction, and any country wishing to pursue such a devastating weapon, are a grave threat to the entire human species. Iran should not, and shall not be aloud to obtain nuclear WEAPONS, as long as their signatory's of the NPT.

On the other hand, to answer your question, Israel has not signed into the NPT, and therefore are literally able to pursue nuclear activities at their own free will.
edit on 6-10-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

and of course remember that it is only speculation that Iran wants to develope nukes, the same intel that brought us WMD's and forgot to grab Osama when they had him.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Iran does not directly attack they simply sponsor major terror organizations throughout the world and deploy Qods forces to assist in training said groups. They are excellent at spreading the hate and the words to advance it.

But, they don't directly attack anyone so its ok.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

didn't Iran fund Suddam and get him into power?
sorry, they sold weapons to Iran and Iraq at the same time didn't they, silly me,
They funded and helped Osama fight the Russians,,,,,,,,

Sorry I lost all train of thought, who are we talking about again?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Hezbollah being a clear example...

reply to post by munkey66

didn't Saddam fight against Iran in the 80's???????

edit on 6-10-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Because Israel is "god's land for his chosen people"... And of course, "god's chosen people" can do whatever they want! And unfortunately, we let them do just that...

Magnum

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Nice deflection. It doesn't change the facts of the Iranian govts actions does it? Nor does it change the facts of how the Mullah regime treats its civilians especially women.

A never ending debate about Iran.... I love the people and hate the govt. They even hate their own govt. Go figure.

My best friends family left Iran before he was placed into mandatory "service" at the age of 13. Don't play coy to the radical element that currently reigns in Iran just because its the cool thing to do.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
....if they develop nuclear weapons they risk being destroyed by Israel and America.

What benefits do you project Earth will have acquired for Iran to have nuclear weapons?

Who benefits from Iran having nuclear weapons?

Just because somebody else does it does not mean you have to do it. Just because others do it, does not make it right. If two other people jump off a skyscraper or high cliff, are you going to want to do it too, to fit in?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
When was the last time America's nukes were investigated by the UN?

Do you trust India with nukes? Or Pakistan? Or North Korea? Or France? Or Germany? Or England?
Why are they all allowed to have nukes and not Iran?

Why do you keep making it about Israel?

The reason Iran is not getting nukes is because it is already supplying "freedom fighters" with weapons, and it's called out for the destruction of Israel before..
So what happens when it decides to deliver on its threats?

Why is that so hard to understand?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It's simple really, people/society would rather try and pick out bad in others than look at themselves in the mirror

theres a video somwhere showing the amount of nukes tested from 1945 to 1998 i think

link below

www.youtube.com...

Any guesses who the big players are?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Just for S's & Giggles- Can you provide me with facts and proof that Israel has nuclear weapons.. Please refrain from using opinions and "hunches".

Dont get me wrong... I think they do.. But you won't find proof of that..

I have always thought that it would be the greatest gag ever... If we find out that Israel did the same thing as Sadam... Didn't have them, but said they did, to fool Iran.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Iran has not attacked another country in over 300 years, yet if they develop nuclear weapons they risk being destroyed by Israel and America.

As long as you don't think the Iranian Hostage Crisis or state-sponsored terrorism is "attacking another country", then sure....Nukes all around!

Personally though, I'm kind of in your camp, lets give 'em all nukes, see what happens, and let God, Yahweh, or Allah sort 'em out in the end....(which would be soon).

Besides, it's much more lucrative to let people THINK you want nukes...then they actually pay you off NOT to do something...just ask North Korea...they are wise to the gravy train.....

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Hmm, you state that Israel has many nuclear weapons. Any chance you can prove that? Because the rest of the world's been trying for quite some time. Yeah sure, everyone THINKS they do. But the IAEA isn't allowed into the place.

Just trying to make you aware that what you state as fact has not been proven. In fact, it has been suggested by IAEA board members that Israel enter the NPT as a non-nuclear weapons state. They may not have nuclear weapons at all, and simply want the world to think this.

Now of course they have many nuclear weapons in reality, some distance across the pond, in the form of America their BITCH.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That is sooooo true.. If I were the president of Tuvalu I would claim that I was building a Nuclear weapon... I imagine the US would give them 20 times their GDP not to build one... Look up Tuvalu, you'll see the humor.

Roughly 120 million

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I guess you could argue this isn't proof but its interesting anyway.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Because Israel is at a point that Iran is not. Israel is estimated to have upwards to 400 first strike nuclear weapons. If they ever feel at any point that they could or would be destroyed in the near future then as their parting gift to the world would be a nuclear first strike on every oil well, port, and pipeline within a thousand miles. Not only would this "Sampson Option" cause $20 to $50 a gallon gas in a few days it would also cause damage to the ozone layer and possibly cause a nuclear autumn or winter.

If Israel ever unleashes it's arsenal it may take a few months to a year but eventually the planet could die. Or most likely it would return to the stone age and the few survivors left would start over.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2002, the Los Angeles Times published an opinion piece by Louisiana State University professor David Perlmutter in which he wrote: "Israel has been building nuclear weapons for 30 years. The Jews understand what passive and powerless acceptance of doom has meant for them in the past, and they have ensured against it. Masada was not an example to follow — it hurt the Romans not a whit, but Samson in Gaza? What would serve the Jew-hating world better in repayment for thousands of years of massacres but a Nuclear Winter. Or invite all those tut-tutting European statesmen and peace activists to join us in the ovens? For the first time in history, a people facing extermination while the world either cackles or looks away--unlike the Armenians, Tibetans, World War II European Jews or Rwandans--have the power to destroy the world. The ultimate justice?"[18] In 2003, Martin van Creveld, a professor of military history at Israel’s Hebrew University, thought that the Al-Aqsa Intifada then in progress threatened Israel's existence.[19] Van Creveld was quoted in David Hirst's "The Gun and the Olive Branch" (2003) as saying "I consider it all hopeless at this point. ... We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen, before Israel goes under." He quoted General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother."

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It's simple. The West, including Israel, likes to have control and be the superior power in the world. We like to spread violence and chaos as long as it benefits us, and we sure as hell won't accept anyone trying to stand up for themselves--like Iran. Doesn't matter that there's a clear double standard.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

The US funded Osama to fight the russians, as a matter of fact not did we just fund him we trained him.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

BC Than Israel and the US will have to fear Iran, we won't be able to boss them around like we do the rest of the middle east, it is all a way to control them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join