It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time traveller became a can of soup .... ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I've done a search , but couldn't find this story anywhere here , so here goes .

( Mods please move if wrongly placed )

Temporal Transmission Research Project time-travel
keelynet.com...
A little history about the caduceus coil (a.k.a. the tensor
coil):
Its main proponent, and inventor, Wilbert Brockhouse Smith developed this coil sometime during the
1950's (Smith died in 1961).

Originally, Dr. Smith was involved in the top-secret program "Project Magnet". This project, allegedly,
was a government-sponsored program to produce an aircraft which operated on the same
propulsion/flight principles of U.F.O.'s. "Officially", at some point, the program was terminated.
en.wikipedia.org...
At some point, concurrently, Smith was tinkering around with new styles of coil windings. It was during
this period of time when he developed the caduceus coil.

What is really bizarre is I read a story out of the "Weekly World News" (OF ALL PLACES!)
that stated the U.S. government was involved in a project called the Temporal Transmission Research
Project. The story stated that they place an object inside a hollow aluminum tube and then subject
the tube to a high- frequency electromagnetic field that travels faster than light.

In this fashion, supposedly, the tube (and internal contents) are supposed to be able to travel into
the past. We all know that aluminum is a great conductor of electricity.

The interesting analogy between that story, and my friend's experience, is that his coils were hollow,
were producing extremely high frequencies, and (I believe) were functioning as a caduceus (or tensor) coil.

The W.W.N. story also stated that a government scientist had volunteered to go back to the year
1918, remain for 25 minutes of subjective time, then return. They go on to say that he went, but
never returned.

Continuing, they said that the project members then decided to look over old publications
(from 1918) looking for clues as to what happened. After about two months of searching, they
contend, they found an old microfiche copy of a now-defunct police journal which had a very strange
article in it.

In the article, it shows what appears to be (in a picture) a metal tube about two feet long and
containing the crushed remains of a man. Also, in the picture, is what looks like a cellular phone
(lying on the ground) about one to two feet away.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69bb43206c69.jpg[/atsimg]http://www.fluxcap.com/HDR_Caduceus_Coil.htm
paranormalis.com...

I have tried to search for any more info on this , but seem to have had no luck .
It looks like time travel may have happened , with tragic results .
... however , most of this information is old news ,
who knows where we're at now ??????

edit on 6-10-2010 by radarloveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
I've done a search , but couldn't find this story anywhere here , so here goes .

( Mods please move if wrongly placed )

Temporal Transmission Research Project time-travel
keelynet.com...
Its main proponent, and inventor, Wilbert Brockhouse Smith developed this coil sometime during the
1950's (Smith died in 1961).

Originally, Dr. Smith was involved in the top-secret program "Project Magnet". This project, allegedly,
was a government-sponsored program to produce an aircraft which operated on the same
propulsion/flight principles of U.F.O.'s. "Officially", at some point, the program was terminated.
A little history about the caduceus coil (a.k.a. the tensor
coil):

en.wikipedia.org...
At some point, concurrently, Smith was tinkering around with new styles of coil windings. It was during
this period of time when he developed the caduceus coil.
Originally, Dr. Smith was involved in the top-secret program "Project Magnet".
What is really bizarre is I read a story out of the "Weekly World News" (OF ALL PLACES!)
that stated the U.S. government was involved in a project called the Temporal Transmission Research
Project. The story stated that they place an object inside a hollow aluminum tube and then subject
the tube to a high- frequency electromagnetic field that travels faster than light.

In this fashion, supposedly, the tube (and internal contents) are supposed to be able to travel into
the past. We all know that aluminum is a great conductor of electricity.

The interesting analogy between that story, and my friend's experience, is that his coils were hollow,
were producing extremely high frequencies, and (I believe) were functioning as a caduceus (or tensor) coil.

The W.W.N. story also stated that a government scientist had volunteered to go back to the year
1918, remain for 25 minutes of subjective time, then return. They go on to say that he went, but
never returned.

Continuing, they said that the project members then decided to look over old publications
(from 1918) looking for clues as to what happened. After about two months of searching, they
contend, they found an old microfiche copy of a now-defunct police journal which had a very strange
article in it.

In the article, it shows what appears to be (in a picture) a metal tube about two feet long and
containing the crushed remains of a man. Also, in the picture, is what looks like a cellular phone
(lying on the ground) about one to two feet away.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69bb43206c69.jpg[/atsimg]http://www.fluxcap.com/HDR_Caduceus_Coil.htm
paranormalis.com...

I have tried to search for any more info on this , but seem to have had no luck .
It looks like time travel may have happened , with tragic results .
... however , most of this information is old news ,
who knows where we're at now ??????

Im really slow.

Can you just say "Here it is"

and not have me wade thru a page of things in order to just click next?

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Seconded.
Please place your factual information where we may click it with ease.
Preferably:
1. Scientist background info
2. link to article about crushed remains and cell phone.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I read this story about nine years ago. so scary. i couldn't be alone by myself anywhere,
because i was afraid a can would appear!!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I am curious, is the picture above you posted suppose to be the old picture from the magazine? I have read through the links you posted, but I don't feel like I really got anywhere. I would love to see the actual picture if you have it or can find it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I stopped reading when I saw "Weekly World News". WWN is a wholly fictional publication; it says so on the copyright page of every issue.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is the story of Mad Man Markam, of Art Bell fame:
jritchie.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think this is just an urban legend.

Thank God really, I find the story so scary and disturbing.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have yet to see this alleged pic....
has anyone else?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

No it's not.

It's a Weekly World News report.

It is pure fiction.

top topics

join