It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some masonic secrets for the masses

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jagedline
If I was Christian, this point can't be reconciled, it is wrong and I have to accept it as such.

How would/did you handle this if it should arise? What would you do if the person you planned on marrying asked you to take wedding vows?

Just because your friends have no issue with it, this does not make this okay in the eyes of their creator does it?

I suppose this is up to their personal interpertation of the Bible. I have seen many people infer different meanings from the same passages. In the end, however, it is not my concern as their own spirituality is not for me to judge.

You took the oath correct?

Yes.

If so you swore that you would not reveal the secrets. If you do reveal the secrets what is the punishment? Rather brutal isn't it?

It is also revealed to the candidate, prior to taking said oaths, that they are strictly symbolic. I do not expect someone to come along and sever my body in twain.

If we stick to the Christian religion, isn't the human body considered a "Temple of God" ? If it is, does the Christian have the right or authority to allow another to desecrate that Temple?

If the person understands that the oaths are purely symbolic then I believe they have no fear of their 'Temple' being desecrated.

The above is another example of the contradictions I mentioned. Of course you might say that you took the oath BUT no one would ever dream of following through with the punishment.

No one ever has had the punishment applied to them for breaking the oaths. It is soley your conscience which bears the burden of breaking your obligation.

If one is truly a Christian how do they resolve these issues?

Not being one I can not truthfully answer that. There are other Masons who post here who are and I am sure they would be happy to answer that question for you.

Maybe I am just intolerant and a fundamentalist. It must be that the Bible is a book of suggestions not the Word of God.

Your own adherence to the Bible is your perogative and I do not look down on anyone who chooses to follow it more loosely or closely. It is their intolerance of myself and others that I find troublesome.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jagedline

as many have said, your beliefs are for you alone. It's not my place to judge them. I consider myself a Christian as I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God and he died so that I may go to heaven. But I don't think that every story in the Bible is absolute fact. If you want to discuss some of the more "angry God" stories that's fine, but My God is a loving God. I think a lot of things have been perverted for the sake of control. Those are my beliefs. I don't have any problem with the oaths I took. When I asked God if he minded, he didn't strike me down or anything, so I have to assume he is cool with it as well. We do talk often. He is a real nice guy. It's OK to not like the way someone thinks, but it's best to let them find their own truth and help them when they ask. At least that is how is works best for me.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

not that you will care, as you are just as obstinate as we are about your beliefs I am sure. But the oaths we take are to ourselves.

The oath you take is supposedly bound by the Holy Book of your belief. If you happen to be Christian there is a conflict between the oath and your claimed belief. Whether you break it or not is of no consequence, it is the act of the oath that I am questioning. If the Bible says it is wrong, how can you, me or anyone make it right?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
When I asked God if he minded, he didn't strike me down or anything, so I have to assume he is cool with it as well. We do talk often. He is a real nice guy.

Thank you.

Make sure you say your prayers tonight, and do not foget I have my all-seeing eye on you.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

If the Bible says it is wrong, how can you, me or anyone make it right?

If the Bible says that God made a bet with Satan that Lot would kill his son and God tricked Lot into almost "pulling the trigger" does that mean that I have to believe that God is a self centered terrible person? I think not. My personal belief is that the Bible has to be applied to your life and your choices. If you believe that by taking an oath not to tell secrets, that you will burn in the eternal fires of hell, then go nuts. that is your belief. How do you reconcile the "Angry God" parts of the Bible?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Make sure you say your prayers tonight, and do not foget I have my all-seeing eye on you.

I still don't have my beer. I am starting to think you don't care anymore.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It feels that my participation in this topic is starting to go in circles. If I failed to respond to your post or question, rest assured it was not ignored. If you would like a specific answer feel free to message me. Thank you all for your comments, they have been enlightening.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I still don't have my beer. I am starting to think you don't care anymore.

Huh? Did you say something? I was busy icing a six pack, the Yanks are on.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It feels that my participation in this topic is starting to go in circles. If I failed to respond to your post or question, rest assured it was not ignored. If you would like a specific answer feel free to message me. Thank you all for your comments, they have been enlightening.

Thanks again.

I understand. thanks for being civil and not pulling the old "well you eat babies" thing.

It's not like any of us actually "know" anything for sure. We just Hope we are right.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

There is no judgment here, I am asking questions. These questions are based on their claimed beliefs. As for the aversion to oaths, the passage quoted as well as another say that they are wrong. The argument of this person or that person chooses to do it is hollow. The Holy Book says it is wrong, not me. I just pointed to where it says this action is wrong.

The Apostle Paul places himself under oath 5 separate times in his Epistles. The Church has therefore traditionally interpreted the Scriptures pertaining to oaths differently than you appear to interpret it.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

While the information you present appears correct on the whole, what is the point? To make a connection between Masonry and Satan?

To Quote IAMIAM
"Some will join and find an occult slant, most do not though, even into the appendant bodies. The numbers are maybe 1 % of all Masons know anything about the occult world wide."

Here you have a Freemason acknowledging that there is a connection.

You seem to be confusing the term "occult" with Satan. Occultism has nothing to do with belief in, or worship of, Satan.

Have their been connections between occultism and Freemasonry? Yes. Is there a connection between Freemasonry and satanism? No.

There is a reason for this, the Majority of Masons' are within the first 3 degrees.

Do you have a reference for this? I ask because, at least in the United States, most Masons, and practically all active Masons, have gone into the higher degrees.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
dude must be a "low tier" mason.. the minions of gullible rubes used as pawns to project a wonderful reflection of the true evil which exists only in the higher degrees.. 23-33d degrees.. 23d degree is the first "EYE" opener.. their first "new" reality...

it is like a rookie congressman telling us govt isn't corrupt..

I have no idea what the original poster's Masonic status might be. I will start by saying that your assumption that the degrees of the Scottish Rite confer some special authority on members is seriously mistaken. The highest degree in Freemasonry is the third degree, that of Master Mason.

However, if you won't believe that, then I'll inform you that I am a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason as well as a Royal Arch and Cryptic Mason. And all of that and about $4.25 will get me a bad cup of coffee at Starbucks. No one who joins the Fraternity sticks with it for material advancement or power. There is simply no opportunity for that kind of thing. If members of the Fraternity are, in fact, disproportionately successful and powerful -- a contention for which I have seen little evidence -- then it most likely because they have devoted more time to improving themselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Freemasonry has men from all walks of life as members. We also have students, teachers, medical personnel, soldiers, lawyers, media figures, and so on. Our jobs have nothing to do with our standing in the Fraternity and the Fraternity has no affect on our employment either.

reply to post by rebeldog

What do you consider a high level Mason? Are you one that has the tunnel vision person and think that the numbering system of the Scottish Rite means its superior? That would be a illogical conclusion on your part.

reply to post by Dr Cosma

Here is a nice little read on your transparency comment:

12. To dispel accusations of secretiveness, shouldn't Freemasonry be required to be more transparent?

No.

First, a distinction has to be made between "secretive" which implies wrongdoing, and "secret" which simply means private. Freemasons are private citizens who believe in all peoples' right to privacy.

As regards transparency, Freemasonry is not a public organization; it is a private society composed of private citizens who exercise that freedom of association and right to privacy enjoyed by all private citizens in western nations. Privacy is a fundamental human right recognized in the UN Declaration of Human Rights (10 December 1948), the International Convenant on Civil and Political Rights (1966), and in many other international and regional treaties. For example, Canadians are protected by the Personal Information Privacy Act (13 April 2000) while Australians are protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (See ISBN 978-1-877079-60-3).

That said, the names of elected leaders of masonic jurisdictions are often posted on their websites and contact information is often posted outside lodgehalls. Information is published about their philanthropic work, and friends and relatives are often invited to attend lodge functions. Where freemasons have formed charitable or property holding societies, these bodies file all documentation regarding officers and finances as is required by law.

SOURCE

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I've received a few home visits. In fact a good friends and fellow Past Master stopped by, but he is also my Treasurer in the Lodge of Research, Secretary/Recorder in the York Rite bodies, Past Governor of the College, President of the OHP Chapter, last year's General Chairman of the York Rite Grand Session, and Grand Governor of Idaho, YRSCNA. I had to audit his books and exchange stamps for next year's Grand Session.

Man, you're assuming a lot of things that you do not really know about.

Originally posted by Sp33d
Out of curiosity...how does one become a mason?

You ask one.

reply to post by Vincitori

Ummm...the head of the Lodge is not the "Head Wizzard", it's called the Worshipful Master. Also, I didn't realize OJ was Jewish. Also, I looked around and found no reference to OJ nor Judge Lance being Masons.

reply to post by Masonic Light

Outstanding summary of the Scottish Rite
edit on 6-10-2010 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

dude must be a "low tier" mason.. the minions of gullible rubes used as pawns to project a wonderful reflection of the true evil which exists only in the higher degrees.. 23-33d degrees.. 23d degree is the first "EYE" opener.. their first "new" reality...

it is like a rookie congressman telling us govt isn't corrupt..

32º wasn't that awe inspiring.. personally, I liked the 14th the best.

When you actually grow the cahonas to go through the 32 degrees.. I might.. might take your opinion into consideration.

But seeing as you haven't and won't..........

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
32º wasn't that awe inspiring.. personally, I liked the 14th the best.

Yes, that one is the best example of "being brought to light"

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Christians (in this discussion) can not have their cake and eat it too. If they are religious, they can not pick and choose what applies like they are at buffet line.
You should read The Year of Living Biblically. A guy went for a whole year trying to live by ALL the rules in the Bible, just to see if it could be done today... No wearing clothes of mixed fibers; no shaving; must throw stones at adulterers; must not touch a woman who's menstruating; etc.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
No one ever has had the punishment applied to them for breaking the oaths. It is soley your conscience which bears the burden of breaking your obligation.
Well, there was that one banker. under that bridge in London that one time… But that was a mafia hit disguised to look like Masonic payback.

And, of course, the modern oaths have penalties like "let all men know what scum I am to have violated such an oath." or something similar.
edit on 2010.10.7 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I will tell you one thing. My lodge has some great freaking BBQ! All we do is round up money and give it away. It is a fraternity of men. Not once have I ever been subjected to the occult or satanism etc. I find it hard to believe that all these men I am associated with are just dying to recruit souls to feed to lucifer etc and in some way I have been brainwashed to do the same. What a crock of crap. If you would actually join a lodge to find out the truth rather then reading garbage you will never know.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Just out of morbid curiousity, what exactly is it in the 23rd degree that you contend is an "eye opener" and a "new reality". Having been a Scottish Rite Director of Work for many years, and being therefore intimately familiar with the degree ceremonies of the Rite, I cannot for the life of me figure out what you're talking about, and would appreciate the feedback.

I will not, however, hold my breath.......

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join