It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am being serious - has anyone ever worn a tinfoil hat???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This topic has always intrigued me, as I liken it to mythology....there is always some element of truth in every story.

While I don't wear a foil hat myself, I am curious as to the reasoning, despite how "nuts" the wearers of said hats may appear. It's easy to gaff off with a myriad of jokes, furthering the notion that any association with such an absurd idea is sure to gain you a loony reputation. But let's take a look at the science first, and forget about the perceived NEED of such a hat.

Aluminum foil does in fact shield against radiation and electromagnetic frequencies. Actually, it's is a conductor of electromagnetic radiation, which is how a Faraday Cage works to protect sensitive electronic equipment from static charges. In addition, we all know how foil reacts when placed in a microwave, and to avoid blowing up or setting fire to one's microwave, it is advisable to not do so.

It is my assertion, if I were to argue FOR such an invention (as there are plenty of arguments against it), that it would be far more effective to pick a closet or a small room in a house with no electronic equipment, and no electrical outlets leading to it. The reasoning is that there does exist technology that can "read" a home from the wi-fi connection, the electrical outlets wired throughout the home, and also from idle cellphones. Such people who are so worried over these things should ultimately go entirely unplugged in their main living space, and keep their electronic equipment caged in another location.

Now, one need not run out and buy rolls and rolls of aluminum foil....pure, natural fibers do the same thing. 100% cotton, linen, and silk are the main ones that come to mind. There are tests that have been done over the years as to the effectiveness of natural fibers against EMF's and EMR, and it was found to be just as, if not more effective than metals. In Biblical passages, the usage of linens and silks in the temples were required, and even more so where the Ark was kept in the Holy of Holies - the inner most space of the temple. Perhaps this is just a coincidence, but I find it ironic that specific items were listed in both the construction of the Ark and the temple where it was housed. No detail was left out in the shopping list, so to speak. One must question the significance of the knowledge, even back then, as to the effectiveness of cloaking ones self in pure fibers, and also ones abode. Of course, it was done out of necessity for daily living, but might it have had a secondary use since modern science has already tapped into it?

I think it would be more prudent, to those who are sincerely concerned, to "unplug" the house, and line the inner rooms with natural fiber textiles (100% natural fabrics), and clothes themselves with the same. If there were ever an argument FOR a garment like the burka for men and women alike, it would be this. But that's only if someone really felt threatened enough to do it. Since this is a conspiracy site, one might be inclined to wonder if there is a more sinister reason why there is such a fight against the head turban and the burka. But I digress...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by OzWeatherman

You know, he still has a small surplus of those hats.

It is not too late to get one.

Lol

where can i order them from....nevermind...i have some aluminium foil at home

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

The turban worn by Sikhs is actually used for that reason. They practice kundalini yoga which moves energy up through the chakras. In Sikh tradition the hair of the body acts like an antenna and picks up energy so to speak instead of isolating your own.

Turbans go way back in history as part of a spiritual practice. The top of your head is the tenth gate or the crown chakra. It is normally covered by hair that acts as antennae to protect the top of the head from sun and exposure, as well as to channel sun and vitamin D energy. Yogis or Sikhs do not cut their hair, they coil or knot it on top of head on their solar center. In men the solar center is on top of the head at the front (anterior fontanel). Women have two solar centers: one is at the center of the crown chakra, the other is on top of the head towards the back (posterior fontanel). For all, coiling or knotting the hair at the solar centers channels one’s radiant energy and helps retain a spiritual focus.

This hair knot is traditionally called the “rishi” knot. In ancient times, a rishi was someone who had the capacity to control the flow of energy and prana in the body. A “maharishi” was someone who could regulate the flow of energy in the body, meditatively and at will. The rishi knot assists in the channeling of energy in meditation (Naam Simran). If one cuts off the hair, there can be no rishi knot. By giving us the rishi knot and the turban the Guru gave us the blessing to have the capacity of a rishi.

The 10th Sikh Master, Guru Gobind Singh, taught his Sikhs to take the next step: Put a turban on the head covering the coiled, uncut hair. The pressure of the multiple wraps keeps the 26 bones of the skull in place. There are pressure points on the forehead that keep you calm and relaxed. Turbans cover the temples, which protects you from mental or psychic negativity of other people. The pressure of the turban also changes the pattern of blood flow to the brain. (These are all reasons that women should also wear turbans.) When you tie up your hair and wrap the turban around it, all the parts of your skull are pulled together and supported. You feel clarity and readiness for the day and for what may come to you from the Unknown.
God is the Unknown. He is mastery as well as mystery. Living with an awareness of your God within you and the God outside of you (God in all) is an attitude. Covering your head is an action with the attitude that there is something greater than you know. Your willingness to stand under that greatness of God is expressed by taking the highest, most visible part of you and declaring it as a place that belongs to the Creator. Covering your head is also a declaration of humility, of your surrender to God.
fateh.sikhnet.com...

My friend just started wearing a Dastar and is on the path to perhaps becoming a Sikh.He said it helps with his thoughts. He has noticed a difference.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

Great stuff there! I know little to nothing of the deeper esoteric practices in eastern religions, but on occasion, I do make connections that are hard to overlook. I find it ironic that 100% natural fiber clothing and even bed linens are expensive, depending on thread count and quality. I have found that since switching my bed linens to 100% cotton, I sleep a lot better, and my dreams are more vivid.

I would like to read more about what you wrote. Is there a website for this? For instance, how to wrap the hair, how to wrap the turban, etc. It's possible that a more "westernized" version could be stylized to fit in without sticking out. Also, I wonder....you mentioned that the body hairs act as antennae...do the women shave like the women in the west? It would seem to me that perhaps they wouldn't, and that hygiene and vanity has nothing to do with it. I wonder how many men and women would stop cutting off their hair and stop shaving their body hair if they knew what it would help give them in return? Is facial hair also considered to be antennae?

Very interesting! Thank you so much for sharing - you've got me thinking about a lot, and if there is anyone paying attention to this, I'm sure they will be thinking as well. This is a pretty important detail we revealed here that is thousands of years old, and old for a reason!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Thank you for reading. it is something I have been most intrigued by as well. The website I posted should have some good info and I will post some more. I am not a Sikh but there is merit in the hair and kundalini practice of them. Facial hair and the hair on the head is not cut as it is part of the 5 K's that show that you are a Khalsa Sikh that has taken the steps in the tradition of the Guru.
www.sikhnet.com...
www.khalsacouncil.com...
www.indiadivine.org...

I have long hair and have on and off for the past decade. i have cut it maybe 3 different times and always feel alot different when it is short. I wear a beanie on and off all year round and have found that I can tuck all my hair up underneath if I wish. That is the only thing close I can think of for being modern but you would not get the benifit of the pressure of the cloth pushing on the bone plates and stimulating the meridians/nadis in the skull.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
err..

tinfoil jockstrap basically.

feel foolish wearing a tinfoil hat.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

oh i see.

i hope they can find some peaceful state of mind one day

new topics

top topics