It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am being serious - has anyone ever worn a tinfoil hat???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ok so I know the tinfoil hat is now synonymous with paranoia, but has anyone ever worn one for any length of time.

Have any medical experiments been done to see if they alleviate any troubled people, if only as a placebo effect?

By the way, I am not personally in need of aforementioned hat
( I think, anyway)

I am just wondering seriously if anyone has worn one for any period of time.

Whilst reading about the tinfoil hat, i came across this wiki page on Microwave auditory effect - has this ever been developed into 'weaponry' that would actually put voices into peoples minds. Scary.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
THE ALIENS!!!!!!THEY CAN READ YOUR MIND MAN!!!!!!

HAARP!!!!!

MKULTRA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I dont know about tin foil hats but i do know that if the government deploy those mobile x-ray machines to see into cars and houses i will be buying lead lined under crackers to protect my boys!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
THE ALIENS!!!!!!THEY CAN READ YOUR MIND MAN!!!!!!

HAARP!!!!!

MKULTRA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Second

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Never tried it.

I may though, just for the hell of it.

A variation on a theme - link attached...

www.stopabductions.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

That my friend, is one for Dragons Den

I can see the slogan now...

Worried about your kna**ers? Get lead undercrackers!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
Never tried it.

I may though, just for the hell of it.

A variation on a theme - link attached...

www.stopabductions.com...

Hahaha!!!!

where did you find that website

that is a classic

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I need to find a picture of my hat I made for an Anti-war march in DC back in '07.
Imagine a styrofoam hand making the peace sign and covered in foil on top of a hat.
Then imagine a joint in the first finger attached to a string so I can pull the first finger leaving only the middle finger standing.
Went from peace sign to eff off. That way I didn't have to shout above any crowds and I was clearly understood.
Cool part was I used an Impeach Cheney hat to mount the hand on.
Did my tinfoil hat work? I thought it did.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Never wore the foil hat myself.
A friend's uncle always wears a duct tape helmet, though.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nope, not I. I have several "customers" that do though.

I have one lady who lines a black velvet hat with it for when she leaves the house.
Keeps out radio D.J.'s from reading her mind about her fascinating life, and publishing it in a book.
(According to her).

When she's home alone, she just dons her regular ole tin foil hat.

I have a little man who lines his baseball cap with it. Wears it all the time. (You just never know what's under those things.)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I loved that website - guess I am just a lucky googler!

Here's some more you may enjoy.

hubpages.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
For Halloween once I was a robot and my hat was foil but never for anything paranormal

Oh, and aliens don't like perfume...

edit on 10/3/2010 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No, I've never worn a tinfoil hat, though I made a bet one time which stipulated that whoever lost the bet would have to wear a propeller hat for a day.
About the X-ray machines to see into houses, actually, you don't need an X-ray. Have you guys read about the project to use a house's internal wi-fi signal to map where in the house a person is? At least that's how I understood the article...not sure how I'd go back and find it right now...wi-fi is a rather general search term...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have a "scout hat" with a pocket on the inside crown, and usually keep a folded piece of tinfoil in there for...well, you know...just in case...anything "weird" starts happening and I need to fashion a full blown skullcap ASAP.

So far, it usually just ends up being made into little tinfoil oragami cranes from boredom....you know...waiting for something "weird" to start happening that isn't of my own initiative.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Nope, not I. I have several "customers" that do though.

I have one lady who lines a black velvet hat with it for when she leaves the house.
Keeps out radio D.J.'s from reading her mind about her fascinating life, and publishing it in a book.
(According to her).

When she's home alone, she just dons her regular ole tin foil hat.

I have a little man who lines his baseball cap with it. Wears it all the time. (You just never know what's under those things.)

please do tell more....

sounds fascinating

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'v put serious thought into selling tinfoil lined baseball caps, however since i'm not wearing one that idea is likely to be stolen by Ron Howard.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

everyone on ats spills all their thoughts onto ats. if someone wore a tinfoil hat while doing so, that may be the only insane member.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If someone went out wearing a tinfoil hat, all power to them lol I wouldn't judge, but unfortunately people and the press make people like this ashamed to be themselves.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I've no inclination to wear a tinfoil hat but I've always been meaning to try a sheet of fresh tinfoil across my window. I remember reading somewhere that you can see dotted lines across it if someone/thing's been scanning you through the night with "waves" of some sort..

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

A friend of mine wears one , says his Cat told him to in Order to Stop the CIA's Covert Mind Control Experiments on the American People . If you ask me , thats One AWARE Cat .......

i297.photobucket.com...

edit on 3-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join