It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ET's are shutting down our nukes, perhaps THIS is why.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by clearmind

Of course, if there were no existing nuclear weapons there would be no need for such testing.

Now, THAT i can agree with.... However, the idea that there is some kind of underground detonation authorized most certainly has something else attached with it. I don't say that as "fear mongering", I say that as it's probably the truth. The chance to test new weaponry appears to always be on the agenda and what a chance this is....

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If there is global warming.. this is why!

Disgusting!!!

Mother Earth is the closest thing to what realy is god.. is it not? She produces everything we have...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Personally I think the whole idea of ET's shutting down nukes is bs. Why these 10 particular nukes? There's thousands of them around the world so why bother specifically with these 10. Makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That was totally shocking - seems the US really went crazy in the 60's. My concerns of couse, radioactive fall out and I am wondering what effect this has on the earthquake faults - all those in the west coast and elsewhere with active faults. If ET's are out there, as I believe they are, I can certainly understand why they would not want to make theirselves known untll nuclear weapons were distinghished - and how could that be accomplished?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I've seen this video before, and i remember thinking..What the hell are we doing to our planet?!

This knowledge could explain many things regarding the ET question.

Not only them coming (although i personally believe they've been coming here for MUCH longer that a few decades), but where they go.

The meeting with Ike in the late 50's may have been a warning about the nukes, since the US was and has been the only country on Earth to use nukes in anger..twice.

If it was, the US obviously didn't take any notice looking at the numbers in the video..perhaps ET has said, OK that's enough! If they won't do it in their own, we'll have to do it for them.

(bit rich the US preaches about Nuclear non proliferation, when they have the most and have actually used them, but hey ho)

Looking at the amount they and everyone else have exploded over the years, it's a wonder we all don't glow in the bleeding dark!

Madness.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

As always, very well said my friend!

I reiterate on my second line... well said!

edit on 3-10-2010 by Ouroborus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So in essence we have had the equivalent of a nuclear war in nuclear detonations!

2053 nuclear detonations is staggering!

Has anyone calculated the background radiation levels that must surely have increased since 1945?

We all know these radioactive by-products have a half-life of 1000 to 10,000 to 100,000 yrs.
So we are bathing in the radio-active by-products of 2053 nuclear detonations.

They couldn't possibly have known the effects of so many detonations, so we have really just been lab-rats in a giant experiment which could have gone one way or the other, certainly explains the dramatic rise in cancers since 1945 don't you think?

On an even darker note, it shows that a limited nuclear war is feasible and survivable, unless you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time!

A very disturbing video on many levels.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I feel sick - flagged and thanks for the post

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Yes, there was an increase in radioactive material in the environment as a result of nuclear testing.
Chart

However, except for the areas surrounding the test zones (which did see very high levels), overall increases in background radiation were slight when compared to natural sources (about 7%). Still, Strong and valid concerns about radioactive fallout were the primary motivation for the Limited Test Ban Treaty in 1963. The vast majority of atmospheric testing (US, USSR, UK) ended then.

edit on 10/3/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Should probably add one more. Right after the Japanese surrendered, they did a test with their bomb. Yep, they had one too, but it has been carefully removed from official history. In fact, I believed we nuked them twice to make them stand down from their development.

Anyway, the Japanese bomb was built and tested in none other than Korea since it had all the infrastructure necessary to put one together at the time in Asia. They had a very robust electrical grid which was necessary for some aspects of the bomb manufacturing. And guess where most of this was done...yep, in what is now North Korea.

We didn't fight the Korean War because of commies, we just didn't want the Russians getting their hands on Japanese atomic bomb technology. Technology that supposedly never existed outside of American know-how.
That probably explains how the Russians got up to speed in a hurry.

The official story for the Korean War I believe is a sham, a big dirty one.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
No wonder this planet`s in such a state !
You have the fall-out and God knows what damage they done to the plates of the Earth.
Why have we still got Nukes ?
In fact, why do we have Nukes at all ?
The common man, i`m sure, doesn`t want to go blowing other people to "smitherines" .
The illnesses that have come from these test`s are just totally irresponsible.
They don`t even ask WE, the people can they build, test and then threaten to use them.
Who the hell gives the go-ahead for all this is beyond me !

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

well i was sat here wondering exactly that, why do they need to keep testing?, i could understand if a new better version came out and they tested to record the results, but that many? surely they kept testing the same type over and over.

the only thing i could conclude was that it might of been a flexing of muscles, if you watch again every time russia got close to the u.s.a in terms of tests, it seemed the u.s.a doubled their efforts to pull away again to almost double the amount. maybe it would give the impression that who ever does the most testing has better capability and more arsenal, obviously the cold war had a lot to do with it, would be interesting to see how many have been set of since the end of the cold war.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i put this on my blog late last week. it, to me, tells the story of America. Not the America we grew up living in, but the true America that victimized the world and hid it from us.

How can we continue to call ourselves a peaceful people in spite of all the evidence to the contrary?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Absolutely!

Very well said, my friend... How indeed... What you said represents the very hypocrisy that we've developed in this country by questioning everybody else while refusing to look in the mirror.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012

Absolutely!

Very well said, my friend... How indeed... What you said represents the very hypocrisy that we've developed in this country by questioning everybody else while refusing to look in the mirror.

I have said it before, but will post it again (because it seems so truthful).

My 12 year old and I were talking about wars and presidents. He asked me if Clinton presided over the first Gulf War. I told him, "No, that was Bush, Sr. Clinton did Bosnia."

My son stopped and said, "Wait. You mean we are always at war?" I told him, "Yes." He came back with, "How is it that America is peaceful?"

Indeed. The "good guys" don't make war. Regardless of if that little bit of truth hurts someones feelings.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Absolutely.. and this idea that we're the "good guys" of the world is said by those who swallow the propaganda that the country gives us... All countries are the "good guys" to their own people. Fortunately, people are getting smarter and researching for themselves and realizing that they don't have to swallow the pill that's given to them and if they don't swallow it, they learn that history and perception throughout the world is much different than they had imagined.

History is written by the winners and that tends to skew "truth"!! Hopefully some day we'll all realize that we're all one people living on one planet. The sad thing is, the majority of the people don't want war.. They are thrust in to it via their leaders whom they assume are voted in to represent them... Which obviously isn't the case. The status quo must change. Sooner rather than later, hopefully!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Im directing this quetion to yourself as you seem to be the know it all on here and other threads.
No offense intended at all by that comment if anything I envy the research you seem to have done.

But why why why has there been so many detonations, I mean really what can they hope to learn? The first bombs while I might not agree with it fair enough , we discover atomic power and we have to test it. I can undertand there would be test done.
Seeing as one of the main problems that we know to be true with atomic bombs is that the after affects seriously damage the planet this is crazy. I mean 500 would sound a lot but over 2000, I usually have an open mind about most topics but this has me totally gobsacked I cant believe the damage these arrogant bastard have done and am sure will continue to do.
If you can explain why they need to keep doing it it may help but to be honest i feel like giving up on life now because it seems like were screwed either way.
thanks

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

The testing involved lot of different things. More efficient ways of initiating the chain reaction (both fission and fusion). Testing different materials. Comparing actual yields to theoretical yields.

While there have been drastic effects at the locations of some of the tests, I don't really think it can be said that the planet has been damaged. As I pointed out, there are many natural processes which contribute far more radiation to the general environment than the nuclear tests did. I'm not advocating, I'm just putting it into perspective.

They don't really need to do it any longer and they aren't. Except for the new kids on the block who are now flexing their muscles or getting ready to.

There's no reason to give up. I grew up in the time when the testing was in full blossom. I practiced "duck and cover" drills at school. I had neighbors with fallout shelters. It was a lot worse then than it is now. I grew up under the threat of imminent nuclear war.

edit on 10/3/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Believe it or not that does help , thank you.

Im not totally educated in the process of detonating an atomic bomb or of all the effects it has, I merely know it as not being too great for you or the planet. But the sight of all those explosions being put into 10 minute really does hit you. I understand that science needs to progress and like yourself im not advocating it but i can accept some things need to happen.
I dont envy you having to practice duck and cover drills at school , I hear it was intense in the states back then. I would like to think we have learned from it.
And also good to know its not happening as much anymore.
Thanks for your reply

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
ahhhhh man damn youtube always takes the educational stuff off there site!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join