It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did “God” Kill Moses ? | The case for Moses.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The other day sitting on the couch and watching a tv show someone quoted a verse in the bible. Trying to do some research in regards to the person statement I came across Deuteronomy (5th Book of the Old Testament) I started to read it again.

Once I finished a thought pierced my mind “Moses was killed by God “ this was the first thing I thought and then I started to look into this possibility over the Internet .

Did not find much information. In the bible God wanted to kill Moses before the Exodus.

God first told Moses he was to lead Israel out of Egypt. Later, however, God wanted to KILL Moses and only the circumcising of his son by his wife Zipporah spared his life.

I just do not understand how God can jump from dealing favorably with Moses to trying to kill him ???

"And Moses went and returned to Jethro his father in law, and said unto him, Let me go, I pray thee, and return unto my brethren which [are] in Egypt, and see whether they be yet alive. And Jethro said to Moses, Go in peace. And the LORD said unto Moses in Midian, Go, return into Egypt: for all the men are dead which sought thy life. And Moses took his wife and his sons, and set them upon an ass, and he returned to the land of Egypt: and Moses took the rod of God in his hand.” "And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go. And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel [is] my son, [even] my firstborn: And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, [even] thy firstborn. “ "And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast [it] at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband [art] thou to me. So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband [thou art], because of the circumcision. " (Exodus 4:18-26)

I will not dwell to much on this attempt but move to what it seems to me as a very strange ending of Moses Life.

We know that this God is a blood thirsty, vengeful God .

One Example : Numbers 31

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people." 3 So Moses said to the people, "Arm some of your men to go to war against the Midianites and to carry out the LORD's vengeance on them. 4 Send into battle a thousand men from each of the tribes of Israel." 5 So twelve thousand men armed for battle, a thousand from each tribe, were supplied from the clans of Israel. 6 Moses sent them into battle, a thousand from each tribe, along with Phinehas son of Eleazar, the priest, who took with him articles from the sanctuary and the trumpets for signaling. 7 They fought against Midian, as the LORD commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

Second example Exodus 31:12-17

“ 12And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 13Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. 14Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. 17It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.”

A rather disturbing example Deuteronomy 28:53-57

53 "You will eat your children, [a] the flesh of your sons and daughters the LORD your God has given you (A) during the siege and hardship your enemy imposes on you. 54 The most sensitive and refined man among you will look grudgingly at his brother, the wife he embraces, [c] and the rest of his children, 55 refusing to share with any of them his children's flesh that he will eat because he has nothing left during the siege and hardship your enemy imposes on you in all your towns. 56 The most sensitive and refined woman among you, who would not venture to set the sole of her foot on the ground because of her refinement and sensitivity, will begrudge the husband she embraces, her son, and her daughter, 57 the afterbirth that comes out from between her legs and the children she bears, because she will secretly eat them for lack of anything [else] during the siege and hardship your enemy imposes on you within your gates.

There are multiple examples of this kind and you can find it yourself in the Old Testament.
Now back to Deuteronomy 1:37
After “God” gets upset with the people and Moses (the man of God), a great leader of Israel was kept out of the promised land because he failed to obey the voice of God.

34“And the Lord heard your words and was angered, and he swore, 35‘Not one of these men of this evil generation shall see the good land that I swore to give to your fathers, 36except Caleb the son of Jephunneh. He shall see it, and to him and to his children I will give the land on which he has trodden, because he has wholly followed the Lord!’ 37Even with me the Lord was angry on your account and said, ‘You also shall not go in there. 38Joshua the son of Nun, who stands before you, he shall enter. Encourage him, for he shall cause Israel to inherit it. 39And as for your little ones, who you said would become a prey, and your children, who today have no knowledge of good or evil, they shall go in there. And to them I will give it, and they shall possess it. 40But as for you, turn, and journey into the wilderness in the direction of the Red Sea.’." Moses did beg the Lord to reconsider, but the Lord firmly responded that He would not change His mind. Moses bowed in submission and was allowed to view the Promised Land just before his death from Mt. Pisgah.

Deuteronomy 3:21

21At that time I commanded Joshua: “You have seen with your own eyes all that the Lord your God has done to these two kings. The Lord will do the same to all the kingdoms over there where you are going. 22Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.” 23At that time I pleaded with the Lord: 24“O Sovereign Lord, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do? 25Let me go over and see the good land beyond the Jordan—that fine hill country and Lebanon.” 26But because of you the Lord was angry with me and would not listen to me. “That is enough,” the Lord said. “Do not speak to me anymore about this matter. 27Go up to the top of Pisgah and look west and north and south and east. Look at the land with your own eyes, since you are not going to cross this Jordan. 28But commission Joshua, and encourage and strengthen him, for he will lead this people across and will cause them to inherit the land that you will see.” 29So we stayed in the valley near Beth Peor.

So “The Lord” does not show any mercy ,he is actually aggravated by request and cuts Moses off regardless of the devotion and perseverance in achieving “Lord’s” plan to bring the people to their Promised Land.
Moses was his tool in coordinating the group of people. In Deutoronomy 6:28 through Moses he understand that people fear him and with fear they will obey.

“The Lord heard you when you spoke to me and The Lord said to me ,” I have heard what this people said to you. Everything they said was good. Oh, that their hearts will be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always, so it may go well with them and their children forever”

After various laws, blessings and curses chapters we arrive to Moses speech.
Moses is no longer needed as God said he will not set foot on the Promised Land so he passes on Joshua the succession so that the people will not be without a leader.

Deuteronomy 31

1And Moses went and spoke these words unto all Israel. 2And he said unto them, I am an hundred and twenty years old this day; I can no more go out and come in: also the LORD hath said unto me, Thou shalt not go over this Jordan. 3The LORD thy God, he will go over before thee, and he will destroy these nations from before thee, and thou shalt possess them: and Joshua, he shall go over before thee, as the LORD hath said. 4And the LORD shall do unto them as he did to Sihon and to Og, kings of the Amorites, and unto the land of them, whom he destroyed. 5And the LORD shall give them up before your face, that ye may do unto them according unto all the commandments which I have commanded you. 6Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. 7And Moses called unto Joshua, and said unto him in the sight of all Israel, Be strong and of a good courage: for thou must go with this people unto the land which the LORD hath sworn unto their fathers to give them; and thou shalt cause them to inherit it. He announces his age and the fact that he is not aloud to continue his journey, this is almost a farewell speech but in what way ? Did he know he is going to die? Did he know what is in store for him ? God told him he will die and he believed it ? Was he taken by God ? Our question is partially answers in the following verses. God (from the cloud) tells Moses he is going to die he calls him at the “Tent of Meeting “ together with Joshua and almost in an attempt to make sure people will continue to follow the Lord and not get astray and be obedient He is asking Moses to write a Song so that people will learn it and always remember “The Lord” and fear him . Moses tells the people that this is not just words in a song but is Their Life and their kids should learn it as well so generation after generation will remember. 9And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel. 10And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles, 11When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing. 12Gather the people together, men and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law: 13And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it. 14And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thy days approach that thou must die: call Joshua, and present yourselves in the tabernacle of the congregation, that I may give him a charge. And Moses and Joshua went, and presented themselves in the tabernacle of the congregation. 15And the LORD appeared in the tabernacle in a pillar of a cloud: and the pillar of the cloud stood over the door of the tabernacle. 16And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them. 17Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us? 18And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods. 19Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel. 20For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant. 21And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware. 22Moses therefore wrote this song the same day, and taught it the children of Israel. 23And he gave Joshua the son of Nun a charge, and said, Be strong and of a good courage: for thou shalt bring the children of Israel into the land which I sware unto them: and I will be with thee. 24And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, 25That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, 26Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. 27For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death? 28Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them. 29For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands. 30And Moses spake in the ears of all the congregation of Israel the words of this song, until they were ended.

Here is where I wanted to point out the Strange Relationship between “God” and Moses.

In Deuteronomy 32:48-52 lies the SECRET. “God” almost with hate tells Moses to go to Mount Nebo, tells him there is where he will die, reinforces the fact that both Moses and his brother Aaron broke faith with him and because Moses did not uphold God’s Holiness among the Israelite people therefore he will not Enter the Promised Land .

If you ask me this is wrong. How could God be so insensitive with Moses that showed him support, help and was the corner stone of the Jewish people?

48That very day the Lord spoke to Moses, 49“Go up this mountain of the Abarim, Mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, opposite Jericho, and view the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the people of Israel for a possession. 50And die on the mountain which you go up, and be gathered to your people, as Aaron your brother died in Mount Hor and was gathered to his people, 51because you broke faith with me in the midst of the people of Israel at the waters of Meribah-kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin, and because you did not treat me as holy in the midst of the people of Israel. 52For you shall see the land before you, but you shall not go there, into the land that I am giving to the people of Israel.”

THE DEATH OF MOSES :

Deuteronomy 34

1 Then Moses climbed Mount Nebo from the plains of Moab to the top of Pisgah, across from Jericho. There the LORD showed him the whole land—from Gilead to Dan, 2 all of Naphtali, the territory of Ephraim and Manasseh, all the land of Judah as far as the western sea, [a] 3 the Negev and the whole region from the Valley of Jericho, the City of Palms, as far as Zoar. 4 Then the LORD said to him, "This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob when I said, 'I will give it to your descendants.' I have let you see it with your eyes, but you will not cross over into it." 5 And Moses the servant of the LORD died there in Moab, as the LORD had said. 6 He buried him in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is. 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone. 8 The Israelites grieved for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days, until the time of weeping and mourning was over. 9 Now Joshua son of Nun was filled with the spirit [c] of wisdom because Moses had laid his hands on him. So the Israelites listened to him and did what the LORD had commanded Moses. 10 Since then, no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face, 11 who did all those miraculous signs and wonders the LORD sent him to do in Egypt—to Pharaoh and to all his officials and to his whole land. 12 For no one has ever shown the mighty power or performed the awesome deeds that Moses did in the sight of all Israel.

We understand that Moses was 120, he was healthy his eyes were good he was in power . He dies because God said so …

No one knows where he was buried and his death almost looks as it was a surprise for the people of Israel.
He was a powerful figure and his death should be questioned .

Moses is a very intriguing character according to Freud. In his book “Moses and Monotheism” Freud brings the idea that Moses was killed .

He believed that Moses was really an Egyptian-probably from an aristocratic family. He believed in worshiping one God. When the Egyptians denounced him, he turned to the Jews whom he chose as his people. They left Egypt but the people were not able to tolerate this highly spiritual religion and they therefore murdered Moses.

When the Jews came under a new religion devoted to the worship of Yahweh, a blood thirsty and demonic God. A new Moses, this time a Jewish one, became a substitute for the Egyptian one and the new God Yahweh is given credit for having liberated his people from Egypt. Just to show that Yahweh had been with his people all along, the legends of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are introduced. Remorse for having killed the Egyptian Moses creates a longing for a Messiah.

And that is Freud Theory. He believes the Jewish tribe killed Moses.
There are theories out there that Moses was Akhenaten himself and that he was killed by Seti.

I am very curious as to any of your opinions, if you studied or pondered on this subject please come forward with an opinion or if you are sustaining or you are against the idea that “God” killed or took away Moses please state your case.

I assume that this idea is very unlikely and hard to prove but as many other ideas should be put up for discussion.

Thank you for taking the time to read or reply.

Love and Light to all.

edit on 2-10-2010 by lisa2012 because: I wanted to add quotes

edit on 2/10/2010 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This issue, IMO anyway, is no different than any other question you may have about the bible. It's all a matter of faith. Is the Bible a valid resource to derive certain arguments? I don't know.

What I do know is that the God of the Old Testament is much different than the New Testament God that Jesus spoke of. It would not surprise me to hear that the OT God made Moses a puppet to do his will. The quotes you supplied say much to confirm that possibility.

But the question remains...is the Bible accurate? Good job.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hi, simple answer. God asked moses to go and strike a rock several times and tell the people that God provided water.
Instead he walked out, slammed the rock to get water and yelled THERE.
God then said to him, why did you do that instead of what I asked.
Moses replied because of these people you gave me.
He refused to apologize. God told him because of his refusal to accept responsibility for his actions, he was not allowed to enter the land.
Now when everyone left, moses saw the land from the hill. Problem is, because of the time he had spent with the supreme ones on Zion, he had stopped aging. So instead of leaving him all alone, God came and took him with him. Some might say that was killing him, some might say, he took him, so he would not wander alone any more.
Hope that helps
I guess a person will see it either way, depending on whether he is your Father, or a hated God.
To me, it was kindness as a father would. Job's done, time to transform.
Later he appeared to Jesus...seemed to be in good shape

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Moses would appear to have been an imaginary character that appears in the books written by men called the bibles, there's is no historical evidence to validate the actual existence of moses. As to who or what killed moses then your guess or choice is no less valid than anyone else reading the bibles.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoulda taken the blue pi
Hi, simple answer. God asked moses to go and strike a rock several times and tell the people that God provided water.
Instead he walked out, slammed the rock to get water and yelled THERE.
God then said to him, why did you do that instead of what I asked.
Moses replied because of these people you gave me.
He refused to apologize. God told him because of his refusal to accept responsibility for his actions, he was not allowed to enter the land.
Now when everyone left, moses saw the land from the hill. Problem is, because of the time he had spent with the supreme ones on Zion, he had stopped aging. So instead of leaving him all alone, God came and took him with him. Some might say that was killing him, some might say, he took him, so he would not wander alone any more.
Hope that helps
I guess a person will see it either way, depending on whether he is your Father, or a hated God.
To me, it was kindness as a father would. Job's done, time to transform.
Later he appeared to Jesus...seemed to be in good shape

I agree that if he was taken then would be an act of kindness but overall as someone mentioned in one of the replies it seems to me as Moses was used as a pawn....and the God of Old Testament does not inspire me Kindness ....if you would see that in a leader today would you say Is a kind Leader .........?????

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

Moses would appear to have been an imaginary character that appears in the books written by men called the bibles, there's is no historical evidence to validate the actual existence of moses. As to who or what killed moses then your guess or choice is no less valid than anyone else reading the bibles.

Thank you for your reply.

Well there is a debate as to who wrote the Torah. Was Moses or there were different scribes?

Many contemporary secular biblical scholars date the completion of the Torah, as well as the prophets and the historical books, no earlier than the Persian period (539 to 334 BCE).[7] Scholarly discussion for much of the 20th century was principally couched in terms of the documentary hypothesis, according to which the Torah is a synthesis of documents from a small number of originally independent sources.[11] According to the most influential version of the hypothesis, as formulated by Julius Wellhausen (1844–1918), the Pentateuch is composed of four separate and identifiable texts, dating roughly from the period of Solomon up until exilic priests and scribes. These various texts were brought together as one document (the Five Books of Moses of the Torah) by scribes after the exile.

The documentary hypothesis has been increasingly challenged since the 1970s, and alternative views now see the Torah as having been compiled from a multitude of small fragments rather than a handful of large coherent source texts,[28] or as having gradually accreted over many centuries and through many hands.[29] The shorthand Yahwist, Priestly and Deuteronomistic is still used nevertheless to characterize identifiable and differentiable content and style.

In some of the Egyptian Writings there are clues about Moses and the fact that he may have been a Real Character .In MOSES and the tale of ARTAPANUS, Artapanus was Jewish historian who wrote Peri Iodaion (About the Jews). Artapanus is named by Eusebius in his Evangelicae Preparationis and his detailed account of the life of Moses is reported in his Pamphilis, Book 9, Ch. 27, 1-37.

MOSES WAS BORN - writes Artapanus - in the reign of Chaneferre (Khenephres), known as Sobekhotep IV, who, even by current chronology, ruled ca. 1700 B.C. The current date assigned to the life of Moses by mainstream scholarship is supported by nothing, no evidence whatsover, and is typical for the kind of sloppy scholarship in this field which is rampant at the universities of the world.

We also have the Egyptian "SINUHE Story".
Clemens' Stromata summarizes the writings of Artapanus

That life story of MOSES agrees with the Egyptian "SINUHE Story" - which originated in the Pharaonic 12th Dynasty (!) at the time of A-MEN-EM-HET III, who we have identified as the Pharaoh of Exodus. The story of Sinuhe is about a young man who flees Egypt (as does Moses), goes to Palestine (as does Moses), where Sinuhe finds the support of Prince Retenju just as Moses finds the help of the similarly named "Raguel" in Artapanus, and the help of of "Reguel" viz. "Jitro" in the Biblical Exodus (2,18; 3,1;4,18; 18,1). The stories are the same and date to ca. 1700 BC. The Pharaoh who first "enslaved" the Hebrews, says Artapanus, was called PAL-MEN-O-THES and had a city and temple built at "Kessan" (as Rohl correctly notes, "Kes" in the eastern Delta) called "Kessan" in the Septuagint and "Goshen" in the Masora, which is generally equated with On, Heliopolis or Egyptian Iunu. The statue of Moses (Sebekemsaf) was found at Armant, (Ar-Mant is related to Iunu-Month) which was greatly developed in the 12th dynasty. Pharaoh PAL-MEN-O-THIS is surely the same as A-MEN-E(M)-HET(is) III out of that very same 12th dynasty. The first syllable has simply been mistranscribed by Egyptologists or Greeks. It was during the 12th dynasty that territorial expansion against Kush and Nubia reached its peak, and the story of Moses tells us that he also campaigned against Nubia and Ethiopia in his youth. In the chapters 71 to 78 of the apocryphal Book of Jasher , which gives a detailed account of the life of Moses, we find the mention of several pharaohs. Their equivalence (our discovery) to hieroglyphically documented personages is as follows: - King of Africa (Egypt, Thebes) ANGEAS = the king today transcribed by Egyptologists as ANTEF - King of Africa (Egypt, Thebes) AZDRUBAL (son of Angeas) = the king today transcribed by Egyptologists as MENTUHOTEP As far as we can tell, there was only one ANTEF and one MENTUHOTEP, with the varied cartouched hieroglpyhs (no cartouches for the three known name variants of Mentuhotep) referring to the birth, ascension and death of each pharaoh. That is why the Antefs have only one tomb location - at Dira Abu 'n-Naga - and why only the tomb of Mentuhotep I has been found, because there are were no other kings named Menuhotep, only this one. - King of Africa (Egypt, Thebes) ANIBAL (son of Angeas) = the king today transcribed by Egyptologists as AMENEMHET I. It was Amenemhet who first called the Delta Region "Itj-taui". The Egyptologists think that the word applies to a specific place there, which they have thus far been unable to find, whereas, of course, it applies to the entire region. The Pharaoh of Exodus was Amenemhet III (transcribed Pal-men-othis according to Artapanus, i.e. rather than A-men-othis) during whose reign two pyramids of mud brick were built, and these are the last pyramids ever built in Egypt, because the Hebrews left and sojourned to Per-Ramses. Please note that "Africa" or "Egypt" in those days applied to THEBES but NOT to the Nile Delta region, which was called Judah (Itj-taui) , Sut/Shut, Gath or Goshen, whence its name today, Giza.

There is also a mention of Moses as related to other events, e.g. the Solar Eclipse of April 16, 1699 BC during the reign of Sobekhotep IV Chaneferre

"[This was a] Solar Eclipse at the Pleiades and the crossing of the ecliptic and the celestial equator underneath the gate to Heaven between Auriga and Perseus. The heiroglyphs mark this as a partial sun followed by the swallowing windpipe symbol. According to Artapanus (writing about 300 BC), Chaneferre - i.e. the Pharaoh just noted above - was the Pharaoh during whose reign Moses was born. No contrary evidence gives us cause to doubt this historical record. Since Chaneferre apparently ruled only about 10 years, this puts the birth of Moses between maximally 10 years either side of 1699 BC, and we put it at 1707 BC due to the 80-year correlation to Exodus which we place as congruent with the explosion of Santorin ca. August 4, 1627 BC, based on astronomical considerations. Moses is later the first king of the 17th Dynasty of Thebes as Sobek-EMSAf II, a name actually written in the hieroglpyhs as "MO-SHE" (also known as Sobekhotep VIII or Sechem-re Schedtaui). Since we know that Moses flew from Thebes when he was around 40, this puts him in the Eastern Delta Region of Egypt ca. 1667 BC, where Moses's Biblical Midianites are none other than the Hyksos, i.e. the Palestinians (nomadic desert dwellers), of whose king Moses takes one daughter as a wife. The 16th Dynasty King known as Anather is then Gideon (so also clearly readable according to the hieroglyphs as Hand-D-N i.e. GI-DI-N)."

edit on 3-10-2010 by lisa2012 because: to include a quote ....

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Interesting stuff. I definitely wouldn't put it past the God of the Old Testament. After all this is the guy who saw fit to punish the first born of Egypt by slaughtering them for the sins of the Pharaoh, after he repeatedly hardened Pharaoh's heart. So murder is not beyond Yahweh and neither is petty acts of vengeance against infants. So yeah it might be that when Moses died the Hebrews thought God's favor had been revoked from him, but the guy was supposedly 120 so that right there is a pretty good reason to die.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Interesting stuff. I definitely wouldn't put it past the God of the Old Testament. After all this is the guy who saw fit to punish the first born of Egypt by slaughtering them for the sins of the Pharaoh, after he repeatedly hardened Pharaoh's heart. So murder is not beyond Yahweh and neither is petty acts of vengeance against infants. So yeah it might be that when Moses died the Hebrews thought God's favor had been revoked from him, but the guy was supposedly 120 so that right there is a pretty good reason to die.

But the whole point is that back then 120 was not a big deal .People were living longer . In the bible after it is confirmed he died and he was buried is mentioned that His Vision was good and that he was in power .....so this is exactly what I am thinking that his death was to sudden and too announced by "God "

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Some say it was Moses that took the power stone off the top of the pyramid and hot footed it away..towards the land of milk and honey
He used the power of the stone to parted the red sea (some kind of power beamer )...
(which Tesla might of tapped into many years later).

anyway as far as the god story goes ...what ever god does ...God needs a help in hand ..
so someone must have done for Moses.
and as usual went and blamed it all on God ..

funny how there are no "cap stones" to be seen on any of the pyrimides through out the world not saying Moses stole them all ...just wondering ..why! the Egyptians came running after Moses so fast, as slaves in those days where 10 a penny ...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Dr. Paolo Matthiae, Director of the Italian Archeological Mission in Syria, "hit an archeological jackpot" in 1975.

He discovered more than 15,000 cuneiform tablets and fragments" and unveiled a Semitic empire that dominated the Middle East more than four thousand years ago.

Its hub was Ebla, where educated scribes filled ancient libraries with written records of history, people, places and commerce.

"...there were about 400 cuneiform tablets discovered at this site which were part of the royal archives of Amenhotep III and Amenhotep IV (Akhenaten) who reigned about 1400 BC. Among them were letters written in Babylonian cuneiform script to these Pharaohs of Egypt by various kings dwelling in the land of Canaan and Syria... written during the time of Moses [and Joshua]. They provide the first evidence of the Hebrew tribes entering into the land of Canaan in ancient times."[6]

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I also came across this Video on you tube. Please have the time to look at it . It talks about different stories in different cultures that resembles the story of Moses.

Where did the Story of Moses came from. There are similar stories before the bible .

"Secret of Magic Mushroom
and Moses"

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In case the video was not embedded.

Secret of Magic Mushroom and Moses

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

"Did G-d kill Moses?"

Just a little bit of insight from the old Sages.

The traditional view is that Moses wrote the Torah. (G-d dictated and Moses wrote it down)

But, that raises a question, did Moses write about his own death before hand?

Some opinions say "No." This opinion states that Moses wrote up until his death, at which point he stopped writing. And then Joshua took over and wrote the last 8 verses of Deuternomy.

But then there is another question.

In Deut. 31:24-26 it says that "Moses finished writing the words of this Torah in a scroll to the very end"

And then he commands "Take this Torah scroll and place it to the side of the ark of God your Lord's covenant, leaving it there as a witness."

If the "Joshua ending" were correct, then Moses could NOT have written to the very end. And the Torah Scroll placed beside the ark would have been incomplete.

The sages tell us that "the Holy One, blessed be He, dictated and Moses repeated and wrote, and from this point G-d dictated and Moses wrote with tears"

Soures Baba Batha 15A and Rashi on Deut 34:5

J.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Both Moses and Aaron were stoned to death by Korah (a cousin of Moses) and 250 elders of the assembly. It resulted from a power struggle over control of the "congregation". The story is written in the book of Numbers.

There is a painting in the Vatican depicting this event.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

As the Kaballah (Jewish oral tradition) explains g-d has many different attributes not all of them are merciful some of them are vengeful / firm justice so of course sometimes g-d wanted to kill Moshe / Moses and even the Jews / Israelite s , ultimately only to changes / her mind (g-d is neither physical or spiritual as he created both so we can just use human metaphors to vaguely understand g-d / creator) based on some new event pushing g-d / creator to use another attribute.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Both Moses and Aaron were stoned to death by Korah (a cousin of Moses) and 250 elders of the assembly. It resulted from a power struggle over control of the "congregation". The story is written in the book of Numbers.

There is a painting in the Vatican depicting this event.

This is a new one for me could you or anyone come with some details in regards to this version ???

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Interesting Info:

Moses, in about 1250 BC had a breastplate made for Aaron, the high-priest. Exodus, chapter 28, verse 16 tells us about the breastplate, "It is to be square and folded double, 9 inches long and 9 inches wide. Mount four rows of precious stones on it; in the first row mount a ruby , a topaz, and a garnet; in the second row, an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond; in the third row, a turquoise, an agate, and an amethyst; and in the fourth row, a beryl, a carnelian and a jasper." Each gem was to be engraved with one of the twelve sons of Jacob.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by J-in-TX

"Did G-d kill Moses?"

Just a little bit of insight from the old Sages.

The traditional view is that Moses wrote the Torah. (G-d dictated and Moses wrote it down)

But, that raises a question, did Moses write about his own death before hand?

Some opinions say "No." This opinion states that Moses wrote up until his death, at which point he stopped writing. And then Joshua took over and wrote the last 8 verses of Deuternomy.

But then there is another question.

In Deut. 31:24-26 it says that "Moses finished writing the words of this Torah in a scroll to the very end"

And then he commands "Take this Torah scroll and place it to the side of the ark of God your Lord's covenant, leaving it there as a witness."

If the "Joshua ending" were correct, then Moses could NOT have written to the very end. And the Torah Scroll placed beside the ark would have been incomplete.

The sages tell us that "the Holy One, blessed be He, dictated and Moses repeated and wrote, and from this point G-d dictated and Moses wrote with tears"

Soures Baba Batha 15A and Rashi on Deut 34:5

J.

So what that proves ??? Moses would have known of his own death and ending before hand. He would have question it ???? Maybe it was like a pact with God....Moses would accomplish his mission and be taken by God and so that the people would understand why Moses is missing stage his death ...

Is it as simple as that ? Could this be possible ?????

top topics

join