It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Baby?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Oh my gosh, I got goose bumps just looking at your drawing!!! What a terrible thing to see.

This might not fit but I'll go on anyway. ;-). When I was a child (this would have been 1974 or 75) I was sleeping with my window open one summer night. About 3 am I woke up to hear some very strange noises outside. It was like a drum cadence and after the drum there would be a very spooky crying sound that sounded a lot like a baby crying...only evil. I also thought I heard the sound of hooves. I was so scared that I called out for my Mom. Turns out she had woken up, too, and called to me in a whisper to not look outside no matter what! Next thing I knew she had quietly entered my room and stuck her hand between the curtain and very quietly closed my window without disturbing the curtain or looking out. I think I ended up sleeping on her floor the rest of the night.

The next day the whole neighborhood was abuzz. Several of the Moms on our block were talking about the event and how scared they all were. None of them had dared to look out, all feeling instictivly that to do so would be to face evil. Speculation was that the crying was from a demon baby trying to lure the Moms out. Back then I was just scared they were all scared but now I am just amazed that these normally level headed suburban t ball Moms ( we didn't have soccer in the mid west USA back then
) were all discussing what they thought was a very literal evil that had visited our neighborhood. I do remember that that whole summer was very weird with strange lights, a mother with a connection to our neighborhood killed her 2 year old, and weird noises on more than one occasion in the middle of the night.

Thanks for sharing your story. I don't doubt you saw what you say you did. As someone said in this thread, the suburbs can be a strange place.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Wow, thanks for the post! It gave me the willies, more so because I had a similar expierence growing up in the haunted house that I mentioned in my opening post. But thats for another day strolling down memory lane..

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hey, how about this for a theory?

Beings intent on some sort of mischief or harm try to disguise themselves as something harmless that we won't be afraid of, and/or something that arouses our protective instincts .... sort of like an ambush predator, like the fish with built-in worms that they wiggle to attract other fish...

I know that two people can be in the same place and one sees something that the other doesn't. For example one sees a ghost and the other doesn't, or one person notices something strange and the other doesn't.

Perhaps these things manipulate our minds with varying degrees of success depending on the person. Perhaps someone "weaker minded" might have seen an ordinary baby and run to help it...

Just throwing out ideas and random speculation.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

A definite possibility, and one I have somewhat toiled around with also. However, as of now I am still taking it at face value, but I hope this thread will lead to some unexplained answers as to the how and why of the whole thing. Yet, I'm not discounting anything.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Over the past few days I have taken the advice offered in this thread and researched what I could, and I have come to the conclusion that it really just does not fit the mold of anything I have come across so far. I guess not everything can fit neatly in a pre existing box, and it is what it is. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your insight and stories!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Don't wanna sound to sceptic but this can't be true or neither can the original post! If anything i would say this is some sort of hallucination or a dream or more than likely, total fiction! Sorry guys but come on a demonic baby, no chance!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I believe that the OP is earnest about what he saw, regardless of what exactly the explanation could be.

To the OP: In my opinion, which is influenced by my religious views, I'd personally guess that it was a demonic apparition/illusion, with the intention of messing with people (a trickster spirit, one could say, I guess) - possibly, but not necessarily, a vision that only you would be able to see, if it was intending to mess with only you directly. I'm not inclined to think it was a physical being, though anything's possible.

Whatever the explanation, it's a very interesting story. I'd be very freaked out if it happened to me. Star & flag

edit on 7/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That is a highly interesting story, thank you for sharing that

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardbeatAcolyte
I believe that the OP is earnest about what he saw, regardless of what exactly the explanation could be.

To the OP: In my opinion, which is influenced by my religious views, I'd personally guess that it was a demonic apparition/illusion, with the intention of messing with people (a trickster spirit, one could say, I guess) - possibly, but not necessarily, a vision that only you would be able to see, if it was intending to mess with only you directly. I'm not inclined to think it was a physical being, though anything's possible.

Whatever the explanation, it's a very interesting story. I'd be very freaked out if it happened to me. Star & flag

edit on 7/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

This was my initial reaction, when I first encountered it, and now even when I think back to it. I know it's somewhat fruitless to positively identify something as demonic, but that was clearly my impression. Now weather it was because of my personal way I identify what I consider demonic or perhaps the overwhelming feeling of depravity, hopelessness, and down right evil looking nature of the thing, I'm not entirely sure. But to me it was evil, demonic in nature.

I can say that I am not now, nor never have been prone to hallucinations or anything like that, nor was it a dream. Whatever it was was something tangible(to me) and as real as the pavement road it was slithering along. I have not really considered the notion that it was in some way specific to just me. And I really think otherwise. I really think I cought it off guard. It had a look, albeit blank, of somewhat supprise to see me. I just think it was injured in some way and found itself in a predicament where is was vonerable. Yet after only a short time of staring at me it continued to slither across the road and to it's destination without really paying me any attention afterwards.

Now I'm not arrogant enough to think everything I remember, and how I remember it has to be without fault or perhaps has other explanations. But sometimes things no matter how surreal are just what they are, and I can say without hesitation nor exaggeration that it simply was what it was. It happened long enough ago that emotionally I am not too troubled with it, but at the time it had me searching every bush and dark corner....

Thanks for the reply, and everyone else who replied as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This is an excellent thread homebrew! I believe what you saw was real, well as real as it can be! There are many unexplained things out there which science and rational explanations cannot explain... I believe we all see things in life that we can't explain, but merely dismiss them as figments of our imagination. It takes some guts to come here and talk openly about your experiences! I would love it if you had some kind of regression to see if you could go back to that day to relive what you saw?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Whoa homebrew, that story creeped me out to say the least, goosepimples and all, honestly I just moved in with my grandmother who's never home and have been convinced that there's something.. otherworldly about her house, I've been scared to the point where I left before, a couple of times. Your story almost made me leave here on foot and walk the thirty-five miles back to the city from the middle of nowhere to go sleep under bridges, every day that passes this place gets creepier and more so.. Thanks for the rush though : D

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments! I was somewhat hesitant of even posting it. Believe me, I know just how crazy it sounds, and not for nothing, if someone else posted the same exact story I would have a hard time believing it myself! But at the end of the day, I'm glad I did. It happened to me, and I stand by my memories here. Good, bad, or ugly, I respect all comments. And again, I know just how crazy this may sound to most.

Thanks everyone for your time.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
ok..... I believe your story ish.... I think you did see something but I also know that the further from an event you get the more the mind embellishes it for you..... Can you 100% without any doubt in the morning and sober rule out an injured animal with mange? or.... A new born deer or other animal?

I know your drawing looks nothing like an animal with mange or a newborn but can you do me a huge favour and think about the possibility that it might of been? The obvious way to start any investigation like this is to 100% rule out the possibles so I'm throwing those in for you to think about....

It was about the size of a 12 month old baby but completely hairless. It was muscluar and had deformed legs that just dragged behind it. It was shiney as if coated with sweat or oil, and it was demonic in presence. As it held it'self up with it's front arms, head cocked looking at me with a horrific grin, it quickly scurried away with it's withered legs dragging/wagging behind.

This 'baby' jolted his/it's head around and with sunkin black, lifeless eyes stared at me with an evil grin.

The most obvious animal for me to start with is a Baby Sea Lion as that IS what your describing...... I have no idea how far you are from the sea but animals turn up in the strangest of places.

Baby Sea Lions

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48d79ff07c6d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d275fa42cfb.jpg[/atsimg]

and your pic.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8832419b2f03.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 19/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Thanks for the response, and very valid questions! All of which I'll try to answer.

Although I live near a river, I live in upstate NY and unfortunately there is nothing as cool as a seal around. And even if there were it would have to had crawled about a 1/2 mile up hill through woods, crossing major roads, ect.. to get to where I saw it on a back road of a neighborhood. My strong suit has always been comprehention. Even as a youth, starting in 5'th grade, I was persued by the Center for Talented Youth at the Johns Hopkins University primarily based on my attributes involving comprehention. Perhaps not directly related to visual perception, but not withstanding.

As I said before, and I do know full well as time passes memories can be skewed, what I have claimed in this thread is 100% accurate to my best, and completely unembellished memories of that instance. Truth be told, I somewhat wish that there was a clear and valid excuse that would invalidate what I expierenced. It would make my perception of reality that much easire, however I must conceed to the truth as I know it.

EDIT: Oh, and I am very familiar with the local wildlife being somewhat a hunter and fisher, and I can with 100% assurance rule out any local animal suffering from mange. However, the idea that it may have been some unknown(or uncommon to my area) animal suffering in some form that I simply preceived as what I claim to have seen is not beyond the realm of possibility. Although I would wager all I have that I saw what I saw. Thats how clear, and real the memory is. And it has been that way since that day.

Simply put, it was what it was. Thank you for your post!
edit on 19-3-2011 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Even with your memories taken as 100% accurate the Sea Lion pup still fits your description 100% Is there any reason other than 'improbability' that you believe it wasn't a displaced Sea Lion pup?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Nothing that I can give with 100% assurance. I suppose there is always the possibility someone captured one, transported it to my area of upstate NY, let it loose(or it escaped) and happened to cross paths with it on my neighborhood road, and somehow mistook it for a humanlike baby / demon thing.

It's certainly not plausable enough for me to accept as valid, but none the less possible within the spectrum of possabilities. I believe I can say with 99.999% assurance that what I saw was what I have tried my best to communicate here. If you could see the image that has been burned in to my mind of this 'thing' you would see that the resemblence to a seal is only due to my poor artistic skill..

Although I'll always leave room for error in judgment as things are not always what they seem. Expecially in situations like this expierence.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet
All humans are demons tell they convert to Jesus way of life. Why else would people go to hell for? The more you know.

The more I keep thinking about this world, the more I have had this thought and keep wondering about whether or not it is true. Yes, we all could be demons.

If all the fallen angels were thrown to Earth, then the humans here on Earth must have some type of relation to them. Lately I have begun to think that Jesus might have been one of them that tried to redeem himself and others so that we don't have to stay here forever. He would also be considered a traitor and make it totally understandable why some people/demons hate him so much.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hairless chihuahua + marijuana = demon baby

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Hairless chihuahua + marijuana = demon baby

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Heres another theory for you... what about a dwarf/midget? I know the chance of a naked midget crawling around un-noticed is slim, but that would explain the muscular appearance and human features. Just a thought

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join