It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you now buy gold?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Darn right. For the most of us "average earners," silver is the way to go! I purchased 50 oz's of silver in Nov 2008. I think it was around $10-11 oz then. Essentially it has more than doubled.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm too poor to afford gold, but I am buying silver. But yeah if I had more money I would buy gold, gold has increased 50 dollars just this week, although it is now falling slightly. I think gold will continue to slowly go up, and the only reason it is not going faster is because the markets are suppressed. The real value of gold is much higher just go on the auction sections of ebay.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Gold is predicted to go to $5000. per ounce

Silver is expected to go to $250.00/ ounce

Reasoning: China, Russia and many other nations are stocking up on gold.

If China acquires enough, it is possible they will make a deal with a
collaborative to bring down the U.S. dollar and call in the debt.

silver is used in industrial manufacturing; with China exploding in its demands for resources,
this metal production cannot keep up with the demand.
Limited resources-higher prices.

P.S. for you survivalists-you probably already know this- but you would want to make sure there is no
paper trail to your door linking you to what you have bought.

For the poster who is investing in paper stocks,
please go online and get immediate free delivery of all money market account newsletters that you can.

there is an incredible amount of evidence that the amount of gold that is supposed to be in the U.S.
vaults to back up all paper sales DOES NOT EXIST.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

are you buying now though....
wish I knew back in the 70's what I know now....those years when the price is low is the time to buy....when it's high, it's time to sit and watch, or sell...
nope gold it too expensive for me anyways, but I don't think I would be buying now...time to sit and hold, and watch...
something just isn't right with the whole picture.
and it seems that the manipulators can manipulate alot longer than I thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

According to Freedom of Thought it might still be a good time to buy. But since it has gone up so much lately, im in a holding pattern too. If it goes down significantly, ill probably buy more. Imagine getting a bunch of it in 2003 for $5 oz and more than quadrubling 7 yrs later.

The thing that i like about silver:

1) It's pretty& shiny just like other precious metals.
2) It's not a piece of paper its a real substance that cant be disputed.
3) It's affordable to the average joe. All the other precious metals are sooo much more pricey.
4) It's not just fun to look at. It's very useful. Silver is probably the best conductor of electricity out of all the elements.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
The object to investing is to buy low and sell high.

Anyone who buys Gold right now, especially if they can't afford to lose the majority of their investment, is either reckless or a fool.

I will remind you of your latter statement in 6 months time.
do you know what mechanisms are actually driving the price of PM's?
Have they suddenly changed?

Rule no 1: Gold should not be considered as an investment

There have been recent reports (last cpl of days) saying that the worlds mega-rich have been buying physical gold by the tonne. (USD 36M per tonne) ..... go figure.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan

Originally posted by Rigel Kent

I do not think your average citizen will be so honest when asked if they have physical gold this time around...
I mean who in their right mind is gonna give it up?

I heard that ObamaCare has a provision in it that tracks all sales of gold. They'll know you have it.

Odd that they would have a provision like that, don't you think?

Well I seriously doubt that. Since when do you need to give your name and address to a pawn shop when buying gold coins? I may be wrong, there may be a central database on ETF's and the like but I very much doubt it on physical gold. If the Gov't Gold man comes a knockin', I aint in....

PEACE,
RK
edit on 7-10-2010 by Rigel Kent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
People buying gold right now by the ounce are at the mercy of those whom already bought it by the ton. When they decide it's time to sell, gold is going to drop fast. People unaware of this will think it's cheap and buy it up like crazy, but those sitting on tons of it will just keep selling it until people get the idea and the price falls back to its worth by industrial demand. History tends to repeat itself. All currencies in the world stopped being backed by gold when Switzerland stopped backing theirs in 1999. There's little good in gold as money now.

A much better investment is silver. There's much less risk involved with silver as production and demand is increasing and one is more likely to get a much higher rate of return due to its lower and more fluid price. Silver also has many more applications and industrial uses than gold, and in those applications it's mostly used only in tiny amounts.

Take note that China's demand for silver is already beginning to shoot up. Silver used in circuit boards may be short of being worth a penny, but when 1.3 billion people want electronics as much as Westerners do, anyone can do the math. It'll take decades before silver peaks, assuming people don't drop gold as a hedge and turn to silver.

But that said, although investing in gold now is foolish, I do see it going higher. China's demand for gold is increasing exponentially as the production of gold declines and people use it as a hedge against the American dollar depreciating (don't forget that QE3 is coming). So long as those perched on their tons of gold see a strong demand for it, they'll keep sitting on it until the time comes to cash out and invest in something better.

Personally I rather invest $1300 in supplies for my family's small farm than an ounce of gold. The price of food continues to increase much faster than the rate of inflation, and you can't eat gold (at least for sustenance) if the price drops on you.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I just heard from Lindsey Williams, Oil is going substantially higher very soon.

Obviously this is a move against gold.
edit on 22-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join