It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

body odor complaint by my employer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You may not have a abnormal body odor at all.

The problem may be with the complainer.

They may have a disorder like multiple chemical sensitivity.
.en.wikipedia.org...

Or phantosmia.
www.mayoclinic.com...

There are a number of causes for Altered Perceptions of Smell

It can be something that many bosses don't know how to handle.
or even tell who really has the problem.

You might ask your boss if the complainer is pregnant.
Many pregnant women report an altered sensitivity to smell.
Once pleasant scents suddenly seem unpleasant (like men)

Always deny and tell your boss no one else seems to smell anything.

And if you get fired they would have a extremely hard case to prove its you and not a problem with the complainer.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I can sympathize, I really can. I'm a a big guy and closer to 7ft than 6ft (I've noticed tall people seem more prone to overheating). I also suffer from heat intolerance which makes me sweat profusely.

A few years ago I was very depressed (not that I'm all smiles and giggles these days) and It was a good day when I managed to make it out of bed. Because of this my hygiene suffered, being told you stink whether true or not hardly helps build your self esteem...

My advice to you is to you is first of all stop with all the damn chemicals on your skin and switch to a deodorant crystal. Also have a large wardrobe and let your clothes air for a while after washing and drying them.

Also these complaints are probably at least partially bullying, even if there is a root truth to these claims they are probably being played upon.

If you are willing to bleach your self, you either have a very high level of self doubt or mental health issues. people seem to have an uncanny knack for always picking on the weakest members of the group. I've experienced it first hand and I've seen it inflicted on others, you need to increase your self confidence (I know thats easier said than done) and possibly find a new job for a fresh start.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well, OP..this is just sad!

It really sounds like you have done everything possible to rectify the problem..if it really ever WAS a problem.

I have a feeling , as others have suggested, that it was the other person with the problem, not you!

The thing is, now you have a phobia!

This situation has created an unreal situation in your mind..this is the biggest problem now..not your supposed BO.

I know how things like this can spiral and turn into a full blown phobia..you cannot let this ruin your life!

You must take back control and realize you are so much better than this whole scenario!

You are the only one that can turn this around, and you need to look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are worth it..doesnt matter if you stink or not, dont let someone else make you a prisoner of your own fears...

Im so sorry this has happened to you, and I only hope that you can find the strength to overcome..

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread but has anyone tried 'Bamboo Socks'. Bamboo fibre is antibacterial and i only buy bamboo socks now because they stop smelly feet completely.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I had a glimpse through most of the posts and no one on here has mentioned candida, and the most likely cause for that is a weak immune system, so if you have diabetes or had antibioics in the past year or cancer treatment then that could be a cause for concern. Do you get sugar or bread cravings if so cut the sugar and the sodas out and live off veggies for a month and see how you are after that.
There is a simple test you can try but its a bit gross, put a glass of water by your bed and leave it there til you wake up in the morning, now as soon as you wake up spit in the glass and see how your spit reacts.
If it floats then you have nothing to worry about, but if it sinks and looks a bit like the tentacles of a jelly fish as it sinks then you will have to see doctor about how you can remedy this but i would suggest going vegetarian for a few months and see how you go.
I hope you get sorted soon and i wish you all the best.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I took the time to read all the post. I may have missed it, but with all the suggestions, I did not see where anyone suggested you find out just what kind of odor you are trying to combat.

As many have stated, odors vary greatly and can originate in an enormous number of places. Stop chasing your tail. Meet with your boss. Ask him if the efforts you have put forth have been successful. Tell him you are at a disadvantage, because you can't smell the odor that others are claiming is offensive, so you need their feedback, suggestions and help with correcting the problem for their benefit.

Tell him that you are very much a team player, but you need the help of the rest of the team to make your efforts work. Put the ball back in his court. If you really do have a problem then it will be easier to fix if you know what it is that needs fixing. If it is just someone with a grudge you will get them off your back and have the rest of your co-workers on your side. Either way your problem will be resolved and you come out the winner.

Good luck and don't be a afraid to speak up for yourself. Remember my motto.

"You teach people how to treat you."

If you let people get away with mistreatment of you, it is the same thing as saying they are right and justified in their statements and actions. If you don't think you are worth the effort of fair, civil and humane treatment, I can assure you that you won't receive it.

Let us know when things get better at work and more importantly, when you start to feel better about you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

I don't mean to be imposing, but how is your living environment? Do yo change your sheets weekly, and is your mattress clean? You can collect a lot of microbio agents in your sleeping environment, which will lead to bad body odor. I actually dealt with the same thing, and found that sanitizing my mattress, once a week, for 2 months, and taking baths with tea tree oil in it, cleared up my odor.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join