It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoveOn.org and Progressive Slate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am cross posting this from my blog, however feel that it is something that people need to be aware of. It was written and shared to me by a friend who is a teacher in a nearby town.

Just so disheartening. Non-profit groups all over America have been competing for Pepsi Refresh Grants. Millions and millions are at stake. How do they win? Getting friends, fans, and supporters to vote on the Pepsi webpage. My favorite was Notre Temps, a strings ensemble that was asking for funds to provide an outlet to make music for string players of all ages/skill levels. Most groups served young children, the disabled, or the elderly.

It was a grassroots effort, but hey, we tried!

And then this message was sent out:

Thank you to everyone for dedicating so much of your time to help us.
Unfortunately it looks like we will not be receiving a Pepsi Refresh
Grant. I do however ask that you take a moment to read what one member
of our coalition discovered. This is outrageous and needs to be stopped.
If you have a moment to write to Pepsi or a news outlet please help us
shed light on the situation. -Michael T*****

A letter from Autumnwood:

I would like to thank you ALL for the great work you each are
doing for your projects and your community. It has been an incredible
experience for us and I do not regret putting all the effort and energy this
contest demanded because it was for a great cause.
This morning I received news that the Progressive Slate's facebook
page has stated blatantly that they are going to win the remaining $8 million
Pepsi is giving away. I was also forwarded a response from officials at
Pepsi stating the individual projects being promoted by MoveOn.org were
acceptable projects. Although doubtful Autumnwood will continue actively
pursuing the $25K grant, we will pursue exposing this atrocity and ask you to do
the same if possible.

Here are the important e-mail addresses to contact with a simple
request to investigate the moveon.org and theprogressiveslate.com connection and
their unbelievable success at stealing $1 million (if all 16 projects win this
month, currently $500,000 are in the money and the 2 $250K projects are #3 and
#4!) from credible non-profit projects intended to assist the underserved
(at-risk youth, abused animals, the disabled, the frail elderly, those with
medical needs, etc.).

my.barackobama.com...

www.theprogressiveslate.com...

www.facebook.com...

www.refresheverything.com...
see section 7B

www.refresheverything.com...

www.usactioneducationfund.org...pp...
(this project is in line to receive $250,000 from
Pepsi)

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

The Progressive Slate
www.theprogressiveslate.com
As a daily voter with the Progressive Slate, you'll be one of several thousand individuals helping 16 progressive organizations win over $1,000,000 in the Pepsi Refresh Everything contest in September.

Large scale organizations tapping into money that was meant for under represented youth...a complete travesty. This is indicative of a pervading trend in America, where more and more money (power) is concentrated under fewer and fewer people. In an Orwellian future, we could see a "Ministry of Good Deeds", which decides who/what needs additional funding.

The "Political Action Group", while a good idea on the surface, will always be subverted by those who see it as a resource. It is how all "good things" end up bad. Once it has enough value to be mined as a resource, it is spoiled.

But that isn't to say that MoveOn.org was ever a "good thing".

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is purely a shameless bump.

I want to make sure as many people as possible are aware of the types of tactics being used by groups like MoveOn (they aren't the only show in town).

As well, what types of decisions are being made on the big money giveaways. Thank God MoveOn.org worked so hard to get Obama elected. Now they are getting a payment for their services. From YOUR pocket.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wow.

I'm impressed with the level of audacity.

This is why I don't like the Progressive movement and anything that comes out of it.
They talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Millions to spread about their little progressive network when it should have gone to charity.

Ridiculous..Maybe you didn't catch this thread:
The Black Zone: How the Progressive Movement Created the Modern Ghetto

This is just another reason for me to turn away from progressivism and their perverted sense of 'Social Justice'. What manner of 'social justice' is this? They're front running charity for god sakes. And they wonder why they're losing the war of ideas, and their little idiot ilk like Tim Wise and that other cartoonist guy calling for revolution because the American people won't swallow their two faced BS without a gun in their face.

edit on 14-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Someone should Stomp on that Organizations Head......

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Sorry...i didn't see this post.

It bothers me that you have a very active PAC using charitable actions to milk money into their pet projects. This is what is referred to as "soft money". They are stealing it from The People to use for their political agenda. Sure, the money may not go right into their pockets. But it buys either favor or clout, both of which have a very vast financial value.

It underscores the need to do away with these groups. The Swift Boaters, MoveOn.org, ACORN....all the groups that use their clout and favor to persuade voters via marketing and meme's.

The "progressive" movement you discussed are masters of the meme.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Good. We have a volunteer. Let me know how squishy it is.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I am Not Kidding . They want Confrontation , they will get It in Spades .......

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC !

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Move on and the George Soros's of the world are completely out of our reach. There is no way to boycott them or change their method of operation. The best we can hope for is to shine the light of truth on their activities. Resist them at all costs,very loudly !!! Maybe some of those still asleep will awaken to the noise.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I prefer the Ghandi approach. Resist peacefully. I am able to bring great harm on someone with just my size/strength. I just choose not to, with a couple of rare exceptions in my life.

But the poster below you is right. There is little use in resisting a George Soros. He is able to move vast sums of money around to a degree that would make it impossible to choke his money. The wealthiest are in such a position as to be beyond anyone touching them.

new topics

top topics

join