It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Note to be Devalued in Next Few Days - Stock in Food NOW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
www.rumormillnews.com...

"In the last 24 hours I have had reports that the Government is about to devalue the Federal Reserve Note in the next several days. If the information I received is correct then the reduction is going to be major, approximately 10% of its present value."

If this happens all hell will break loose. The 82nd Airborne has been placed on 18 hour alert, perhaps because they expect riots in major cities. This may or may not be true but if it is true we could even see a military coup in the US.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

The government CANNOT devalue a currency.

The government does not OWN the currency. The Fed does.

They will devaluate the currency, by injection more money into the banking system, it's called inflation.

Or hyper inflation will result. Although this does not happen over night. Rumormill news eh? Yup, that's all that is.

~Keeper

edit on 9/29/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Well , I guess I better set my Alarmist then .........

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Have to agree with TTTP.

They have been talking about beginning the inflationary cycle. They have not stated when they were going to do it though.

It will take IMO about 3-6 months for the cycle to ramp up. Then get your wheelbarrow out to go buy some bread.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Have to agree with TTTP.

They have been talking about beginning the inflationary cycle. They have not stated when they were going to do it though.

It will take IMO about 3-6 months for the cycle to ramp up. Then get your wheelbarrow out to go buy some bread.

Remember me saying I hope you are ready in that other thread? We haven't seen anything yet................

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with it;

House Overwhelmingly Passes Trade Sanctions Bill Targeted At China

The House has approved legislation that would allow the U.S. to seek trade sanctions against China and other nations for manipulating their currency to gain trade advantages.

Or maybe not, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If the military is on alert, it's probably because the terrorism threat is up.

It's always a good idea to stockpile food if you have the space and understand how to do it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Just one look at the link confirms that it's all SPECULATION with NO facts whatsoever!

Do you have an agenda or something?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The Fed has been pumping the stock market with billions on an almost daily basis buying up stocks like APPL.

Gold has been ticking upward at a faster and faster rate.

Using gold as a measure of the dollars value, the dollar has lost 5% of its value in the past 30 days.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Did you miss the part in my post where I said this may or may not be true?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I didn't have to. Rumor mill news? Durr.

It's an obvious site full of rumors.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i have no idea what actually may happen ,
but i stockpile food water ammo and meds..
i dont really own much except a few gold coins.
and a passport.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What is going to happen:

1. the mortgage foreclosure market will be frozen and the banks will not be able to liquidate bad mortgages. Housing prices will not decline even though there are epic amounts of homes that need to be foreclosed upon.

2. The Fed will continue its near daily escapades in the stock market, buying up big name stocks to drive market indexes higher.

3. The Fed will conduct another large scale bailout of the banks costing epic trillions of dollars.

4. The US Congress will attempt to engage China in a trade war, causing prices of goods at Wal Mart to skyrocket into the stratosphere rapidly.

5. The price of gold will climb at an accelerating rate, eventually reaching parabolic levels as the dollar becomes worthless. Inflation will approach 2000% per hour as the final collapse ensues.

6. At some point during the destruction caused by the Fed, the people who are unemployed or on minimum wage will no longer be able to afford the cost of food and shelter.

7. Those who are starving will begin to cause mass unrest, possible riots, looting, total chaos, as mass starvation begins to set in.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Why the Fed should be ended.

edit on 30/9/2010 by ironfalcon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
TTTP gets my surpport for this as the owners of the currency it alone is inable and incapable of paying itself back because they will never dare mortage either thier holdings and assets to satisfy the debt hence how legally speaking the American people are not on the hook for a debt that they did not create.

Old banking law that never really got off the ground from the Early 1800's allows for this. The 1913 Jekyll Bill can't touch it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I'm guessing this would hit the Euro zone hard as the Euro currency is basically attached to the dollar. If this is really true then the whole world will probably starve......No 26 pounder turkey this Christmas I suppose
.....Better to try and catch a 18 pound pike....might be cheaper and easier

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I don't think a '10%' cut is much from present levels, should it happen: certainly not enough to cause riots and whatnot. The FED can devalue surreptitiously via proxy 'agents' (read JPM et al and their offshore offices) without being involved; then blame it on the international markets.

So, the dollar index is about 78.8 right now, and 10% devalue would put it round the 71-72 index level. The dollar has been there before no worries. If it happens overnight though, then that would raise a few eyebrows.

There was a similar rumour being bandied about by Jim Willie a few weeks ago (I think it was him) about a likely 40% devaluation. That would be something...but 10%...even if it were true, not such a huuuuge deal IMO. This 10% devaluation is going to come anyhow whether it's a rumor or not.

People should have gold anyhow & not be holding too much paper.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

They would never allow this to happen. It's all fear mongering. They will find ways around disaster, they always do.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by gem_man

The government CANNOT devalue a currency.

The government does not OWN the currency. The Fed does.

They will devaluate the currency, by injection more money into the banking system, it's called inflation.

Or hyper inflation will result. Although this does not happen over night. Rumormill news eh? Yup, that's all that is.

~Keeper

edit on 9/29/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Amen. What should we do when we wake up on October 1 and 2 and every day after and nothing has happened?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If the dollar is devalued and people are giving them away does that mean that eventually the wages will catch up. My house is valued in dollars. If I can get a bucket full of them Can I use it to pay off my mortgage. When inflation occurs does it go up and stay there and then every thing else catches up. For example wages, stock prices, and rent?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join