It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Note to be Devalued in Next Few Days - Stock in Food NOW

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Remember any history lessons? Read up on John Law and the Mississippi Bubble. Now think of our current situation. See any similarities?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
I don't think a '10%' cut is much from present levels, should it happen: certainly not enough to cause riots and whatnot. The FED can devalue surreptitiously via proxy 'agents' (read JPM et al and their offshore offices) without being involved; then blame it on the international markets.

So, the dollar index is about 78.8 right now, and 10% devalue would put it round the 71-72 index level. The dollar has been there before no worries. If it happens overnight though, then that would raise a few eyebrows.

There was a similar rumour being bandied about by Jim Willie a few weeks ago (I think it was him) about a likely 40% devaluation. That would be something...but 10%...even if it were true, not such a huuuuge deal IMO. This 10% devaluation is going to come anyhow whether it's a rumor or not.

People should have gold anyhow & not be holding too much paper.

I get what you're saying but I think he was claiming that it would be de-valued to 10% OF it's current value.

Not that it matters since this is all rumour/guessing but I do strive for accuracy...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Yeah I think you are right - I just read it again and it is most likely to mean what you said.

But yep, rumor. Rumor of rumors even. 90% devaluation is much more serious of course than a 10% haircut, so what I said before is irrelevant. Oh well, let's see...I still believe there is a global race to the bottom as countries try to competitively devalue currencies anyway...it's always the same result with fiat sadly. But if the USD did in some bizarre circumstances devalue by 90%...I don't like to think of the consequences.

edit on 30-9-2010 by cloudbreak because: wrong reply

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

What about all the food I just bought?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join