It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the US give so much foreign Aid?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.
The only valid assessment of a country´s effort in foreign aid can only be
the per capita contribution.

In that, for many years already, the US lies far behind at the end of of the
22 wealthiest donors´list.

Thank you.

I've had this discussion many times on many boards over the years.

I don't argue it anymore. Just provide the information on per capita - - - which is usually rejected.

On a more positive note - - the American people (not the government) are the most generous in donations of human welfare.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
But without that information and honest perspective - - - it is not a legitimate discussion - in my opinion.

Knowing that the United States is last on a list Per Capita in foreign aid - - - should have some significance in this discussion.

BS. I've seen that argument before. But whats always left out is the real dollar amounts. If you consider the actual Dollar amount the per Capita figure goes out the window. The aid given by private US citizens alone dwarfs the US Government AND rest of the world in REAL money donations not per Capita %

US Government aid

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70389b755759.jpg[/atsimg]

US Government aid Dwarfed by Private sector donations

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1beef4228657.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Seeing the REAL dollar amounts above not % Now ask yourself this...

What would happen if the last place country "the US" according to the Per Capita % pulled the plug?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer... Please tell that you noticed that the list that Anne claims that the US is last on.. Is alphabetical... While she was oblivious to this fact and was showboating her contribution without noticing this fact.... and has not come back to take her public humiliation... Very low in character...IMHO!

edit on 6-10-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

BS. I've seen that argument before. But whats always left out is the real dollar amounts. If you consider the actual Dollar amount the per Capita figure goes out the window. The aid given by private US citizens alone dwarfs the US Government AND rest of the world in REAL money donations not per Capita %

I only stated it is not a fair or complete discussion without including per Capita.

And it isn't.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As a citizen of the US.. I have become fully aware of the awful things that our Govt. does. I am actually ashamed of things that we have done.

BUT, while i have made these realizations ..... I would like the (we hate the US, Mind your own business America) world to come to a realization....

I have a dream ... In this dream, America pulls all of it bases and troops from the entire world... We bring home our boys and employ them as Govt. workers to rebuild america...

At the same time we stop ALL .. I mean ALL foreign aid for lets say..... 6 months..

We keep our troops forever.. unless attacked..

But... once you start begging for us to continue feeding the world and financing the world, we will again begin to piggy back your countries.. At this point, i would assume our true contribution would be appreciated!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer... Please tell that you noticed that the list that Anne claims that the US is last on.. Is alphabetical... While she was oblivious to this fact and was showboating her contribution without noticing this fact.... and has not come back to take her public humiliation... Very low in character...IMHO!

What does it say about you - - that you want to exclude the Per Capita side of the discussion?

I am not showboating anything. I provided information - - - said it needed to be included in the discussion to make it a fair and complete discussion.

That's all. Get real!

You are discussing with your emotions - - name calling - - and put downs to someone who interjected factual information from another perspective.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Those graphs were just what I could find in a quick 30 second Google search, Now consider that's just the dollar amount for one year 2007 it doesn't show all the collective amounts from preceding years combined or years hence.

Those who like to claim the Per Capita % always, ALWAYS leave out the true impact of those TRUE amounts in dollars. It doesn't fit with their view of how the US is selfish self absorbed or whatever else type of chip on their shoulders they may have.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Are you kidding? You know you looked at that list like it was in order.. You posted it and then commented as if it was in order..

I did not say i wanted to leave out per capita.... I simply pointed out your mistake...

It wouldn't have been such a big deal, if you hadn't posted the list and then spoke in such a holier than thou manner.

How about you get real.... After looking over Slayers info.. I would have to say that your point is a mute point.

Americans are not the monsters that the world paints us as... I would be willing to bet that I have donated more in the first 2 quarters of 2010 than your entire neighborhood has.. Do I want a cookie? not at all! All I want is a tad bit of respect for my countrymen that add more to this planet than most do! Period!

I am a huge Howard Stern Fan (begin ridicule now) And I decided to support Robins Charities. If you would like to look into this go here.

www.15foundation.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Those who like to claim the Per Capita % always, ALWAYS leave out the true impact of those TRUE amounts in dollars. It doesn't fit with their view of how the US is selfish self absorbed or whatever else type of chip on their shoulders they may have.

I am not claiming anything. I gave information - that's all.

Your "interpretation" of another's view - - - comes from YOU. Because I never gave an opinion or view - - one way or the other.

It's definitely clear "where the Chip lies".

edit on 6-10-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Here is a list of countries donating - - - Per Capita Foreign Aid Assistance by World's Wealthiest Countries

See where the United States actually is on the list.

www.infoplease.com...

Are you claiming that you weren't insinuating that this showed the United states at the bottom of this list?
Implying that the list was in some order OTHER THAN alphabetical?

Why is it that you went 4 or 5 days without responding, until the last posted backed up your argument. this must have looked like a perfect time to swoop in and finish the smear job.

And this is where the disapearing act will happen again...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join