It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Future Tense Event: Geoengineering The Horrifying Idea Whose Time has Come?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

A Future Tense Event: Geoengineering The Horrifying Idea Whose Time has Come?

freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com

Is it time for humanity to go on offense against global warming? Can we? Should we? Curtailing economic activity, altering lifestyles and well-intentioned talk in Copenhagen has not accomplished much. That's why serious people are now considering Plan B, to intentionally tinker with the planet's climate to correct for industrialization-induced warming....Join us in assessing the state of these efforts and in considering the politics and ethics of playing God with the climate.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newamerica.net
www.slate.com
www.slate.com
www.slate.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Powerful Coalition That Wants To Engineer The World's Climate
White House: Global Warming Out, 'Global Climate Disruption' In
Texas Sues to Block Bizarre "Global Warming" EPA Rules

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I thought that Global Warming was out, and Global Climate Disruption was in?

Just last week The White House announced this! Well it looks like someone forgot to tell David Keith? Or, maybe he is the chosen ring leader for this coalition that wishs to control the worlds climate?

The Elusive Quest to Define Geoengineering
David Keith
Director, Institute for Sustainable Energy, Environment and Economy
University of Calgary

The subject is unsettling, almost taboo in certain environmental advocacy circles. And yet nations and entrepreneurs are proceeding with geoengineering research and experiments

It appears that no matter Global Warming, or Global Cooling, this agenda is to be carried out, diabolical as it is!
More here
freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com...

freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-9-2010 by burntheships because: add link

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What if their actual plan is to depopulate through poison and use stopping global warming as a cover?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

That is a question a lot of people ask, and my thoughts are that I think the main thrust of this coalition is actually to alter the climate. Now with that said, there is a history of experimentation carried out by The Government.
www.healthnewsnet.com...
But, why would they spray the whole planet with toxins, its the air that we breathe, that they breathe?

Underground bunkers could come in handy though...

edit on 28-9-2010 by burntheships because: add link

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Heya Ships
lol how are you my friend.It seems they are ramping up the fear rachet at the moment.
They said last week that gobal warming is not a strong enough phrase and they will call it " GOBAL CLIMATE DISRUPTION" ,now they want to control the weather and kill us all and mess up all the gulf streams

great!! just typical!!

From the administration that brought you “man-caused disaster” and “overseas contingency operation,” another terminology change is in the pipeline.

The White House wants the public to start using the term “global climate disruption” in place of “global warming” — fearing the latter term oversimplifies the problem and makes it sound less dangerous than it really is.

White House science adviser John Holdren urged people to start using the phrase during a speech last week in Oslo, echoing a plea he made three years earlier. Holdren said global warming is a “dangerous misnomer” for a problem far more complicated than a rise in temperature.

The call comes as Congress prepares to adjourn for the season without completing work on a stalled climate bill. The term global warming has long been criticized as inaccurate, and the new push could be an attempt to re-shape climate messaging for next year’s legislative session.

“They’re trying to come up with more politically palatable ways to sell some of this stuff,” said Republican pollster Adam Geller, noting that Democrats also rolled out a new logo and now refer to the Bush tax cuts as “middle-class tax cuts

who made these jubroni's run the planet??

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

It does give new meaning to the descriptive term "mad scientist"

does it not?

It seems that thier take on it is...its not illegal. so try and stop us...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

It does give new meaning to the descriptive term "mad scientist"

does it not?

It seems that thier take on it is...its not illegal. so try and stop us...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It sure does,like where would you get it? Who gets the sunshine? not Ireland anyway. There was a bill that had to pass our country to give the european union full control of europe.
We voted no on two occasions for this bill, after the second no vote it rainned for 3 years solid,we did not have a sunny day in the summer.
Then the vote was brought back up and the people voted yes this time,quess what?? We had a summer sunshine the next week!!
i always wondered about it!!! with weather warfare.

[the smiley sticking his tounge out was me being playfull as a mate,not as some weirdo
i just tought id say incase you tought some weirdo is sticking his tounge out at you,lol]

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

No worries on the smileys there mate!

That is really an interesting take on your weather there for three summers!
I am sure, it they wanted it to, it could rain for three. You think they were strong arming the vote eh?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

No worries on the smileys there mate!

That is really an interesting take on your weather there for three summers!
I am sure, it they wanted it to, it could rain for three. You think they were strong arming the vote eh?

Thanks ships,i got a attack of paranoia for a minute,lol
I just often wondered ,it would be a good way to make people feel down and miserable,like people in Ireland look forward to the summer and it annoys everyone if we dont get our 1 month if lucky of decent weather.[lol.if you would call that a summer]
Then the recession on top,its just another part of making people want something better and they might think europe was it.
just a tought from a conspiracy nut maybe,but then again

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I did find that article for you, here it is.
Millions were in germ war testsMuch of Britain was exposed to bacteria sprayed in secret trials

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Your comment reminded me of the movie, "The Arrival" with Charlie Sheen. If you haven't seen it yet, you might want to.

Below is the trailer.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Interesting, thank for posting!

It's come to this: Climate-conscious policymakers are beginning to contemplate the possibility of playing God with the weather in the hope of slowing global warming.

For years it was considered downright wacky in official Washington to discuss geoengineering: altering the climate by reflecting sunlight back into the sky, sucking carbon dioxide from the air - or a host of other gee-whiz schemes. But in the past year the wacky has won a following, spurred in part by the recent collapse of climate legislation as well as by growing interest among private entrepreneurs and foreign officials.

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

join