It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Visit Us Often!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Okay, to start off I am gonna say I am sick of people saying that aliens don't visit us, they obviously do. Explain all the UFO sightings before you make silly comments. Anyways back to the topic, has anyone else noticed that humans have advanced an insanely amount in the past 100 years? Seriously, we went from wooden wild west buildings to huge metropolises in 100 years, is this maybe the reason that aliens are visiting us often? I think the aliens have noticed this and are now interested in us

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by typwar
Okay, to start off I am gonna say I am sick of people saying that aliens don't visit us, they obviously do. Explain all the UFO sightings before you make silly comments...

Could you explain how sightings of aircraft = aliens? I mean if I have to say how it doesn't you should have to say how it does.

How does a glowing flying object = an alien?

...Explain all the UFO sightings before you make silly comments...

Anyways back to the topic, has anyone else noticed that humans have advanced an insanely amount in the past 100 years?

I know we are a super smart species, when we put our minds to it.

As for aliens coming, well when I see some proof of an alien on Earth I will believe they are coming. Lights and shapes in the sky is not the same thing as a being walking on the ground (at least not to me)

edit on 9/27/2010 by adigregorio because: caws i Caant spell good

edit on 9/27/2010 by adigregorio because: To repair quotes, or shooting off a bb

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Could you explain how sightings of aircraft = aliens? I mean if I have to say how it doesn't you should have to say how it does.

I cant, but could UFO skeptics explain why it isn't aliens?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ok
Calm down
Deep breath
Now think
We are not rense.com
We are ats a b o v e t o p s e c r e t
Our united motto is "deny ignorance"

So, please forgive us as we DEMAND evidence or DATA! Just pretend we are all six sigma black belts.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by typwar

Just because we can't explain why it is not, doesn't magically make it Aliens.

Sorry.

All we ask is for evidence, and we anger the gods somehow...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

That was great! I was thinking the exact same thing that you posted!!! Well said!!!

2nd line!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Okay, to start off I am gonna say I am sick of people saying that aliens don't visit us, they obviously do.

Who is saying aliens do not exist?

It is not up to the skeptics to explain why it isn't aliens, it is the job of the claimants, the believers, to explain why they are aliens.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The tried and true statement fits here:

The burden of proof rests firmly on you my friend.

I mean, are we to take your word for it, just because you said so?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The thread is about how aliens visit us often because of how we are so advanced so quickly, what do you want me to show you, A picture of a city?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
No one can explain ALL of the ufo sightings. Not all of them are ufo's. Even if they do exist, and I think they do. Some people are just too quick to believe anything and everything, so it diminishes the credibility of the truly plausible ufo's.

Also, how can we even gauge the progression of technology and how fast it can accumulate? Since this is our first time around, we just don't know. Therefore, we cannot tie it to the ufo phenomenon.

edit on 27-9-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: sppellins

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The thread is about how aliens visit us often because of how we are so advanced so quickly, what do you want me to show you, A picture of a city?

And I say we advance quickly because we use our collective minds. Which of our statements is "provable"?

See our (skeptics) problem?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Dear Chadwickus

You have been around here for some time now so you know most of the theories and sightings.

I am not going to start listing them there are way too many.

Mile wide craft sighted by two airline pilots going in two directions picked up by ground radar, and documented.

Sorry mate but the evidence is just about overwhelming that they are up there.

Now I can here it already they are our military.

Yes well I can not prove you wrong but even if they are it means that we are living in two different realities in the same time and place.

So I really do get what “typwar” is on about.

However our modern life has been around a bit longer than 100 years. However I get his point we have come a very long way in a very short time compared with the rest of our history.

edit on 27-9-2010 by MAC269 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
However our modern life has been around a bit longer than 100 years. However I get his point we have come a very long way in a very short time compared with the rest of our history.

But why does that have to mean Aliens?

And, why, when I (or others) state that it may just be a case of smart humans...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Dear adigregorio

Now do not jump to assumptions I have never said that the progress over the last 100 years or so was down to ET.

However I also do not believe we are a whole hell of a lot smarter today than we where say 1000 years ago.

What we do have is a lot more knowledge that can be picked up by a lot more people all at one time. This accounts for a great deal. But dose it account for all???

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by typwar

I don't believe that aliens have been visiting us. All of the sightings you ask? Well, after hanging out on this site for a while and seeing the videos and pictures that some people swear is ET, I'm inclined to believe that most people see what they want to see, especially when something isn't easily identifiable. I don't know how many points of light in the sky that people swear is ET, when it could be anything from an airplane to bird, maybe a satelite or even a balloon. Instead of stepping back and looking for a more plausible explanation, many people automatically jump the conclusion that it is ET. The same thing goes for video or pictures that have been Adobe'd. So, if you look at this website as a microcosm of our society as a whole, then all of the "sightings" probably have more rational explanations.

The idea that we aren't alone and some supreme beings are watching over us, protecting us or even just existing, is an idea that has always comforted the human mind, a mind that yerns for purpose. It's why religion has flourished and I can only assume it's the reason that ET lives in the imaginations of so many people in an era where science disproves many aspects of traditional theological subscriptions. It's because of this and maybe other reasons too, that I believe many people are so keen to believe in the idea and often see what they so desperately want to see and believe.

Now I'm not saying that ET doesn't exist or even that s/he/it isn't visiting us, only that I'm not convinced and I simply haven't seen enough evidence to make me believe. The large number of "sightings" by people means little, especially when so many people believe that dot, light, balloon or odd-angled aircraft in the sky is a flying saucer. Maybe I'm wrong (I would actually like to be wrong, as I think it would be cool if ET were real and here) but until I see some convincing evidence, I just can't seem to ignore my objective mind and believe that ET is here.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Dear adigregorio

Now do not jump to assumptions I have never said that the progress over the last 100 years or so was down to ET.

The OPer has been alluding to that, that is what I was referencing. Sorry for the lack of clarification.

What we do have is a lot more knowledge that can be picked up by a lot more people all at one time. This accounts for a great deal. But dose it account for all???

See I disagree with this assessment, and I need evidence showing that humans are not "smart enough" by their lonesome.

I do not discount "other ways", but as it stands it sure looks like (to me) that we did all this stuff ourselves.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

But why does that have to mean Aliens?

And, why, when I (or others) state that it may just be a case of smart humans...

Aliens fly billions of light years in anti-gravity super space ships and the best they can give us in the past 100yrs is the microwave, tin foil, and some mediocre computer tech?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
A lot of people believe, I believe- however there is no proof- none.
There are cave drawings and presidential admissions but that isn't proof.
Starting a thread that says- of course they are visiting us- is a non topic.

BELOW
I see UFOs whizzing by and a large unblinking eye at the end of the footage.
Logic tells me it's ice crystals and a reflection.
The audio of the eye witness is somewhere in between, still it's not proof.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-9-2010 by Tribble because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Dear adigregorio

Certainly in the last 100 years we have come a very long way with our knowledge of everything really. Two very destructive world wars certainly where part of that.

I have read that a lot of people put the likes of fiber optics and other stuff down to the 47 crash.

Maybe they are right maybe they are wrong. But I think the OP is right in the last 100 years we came further with knowledge than the previous 1000 years. Where will we be in the nest 100 years???

There is no answer to these things but I do enjoy thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I agree! But I do not think we have had any "help".

I think we give ourselves too little credit, and until I see the supposed "help" I am going to give the credit to them smart humans.

Thank you smart humans, for coming so far in the last 100 years!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join