It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by number38
Yay or nay? as in are you opposed to homosexuality or do you have no problem with it and wonder

edit on 27-9-2010 by number38 because: to make it clearer what I'm looking for (hopefully)

The way in which you worded the question nulls this poll.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I would say nay to the first half of the question and yay the second half.
edit on 10-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
What I think: Everyone needs to mind their own darn business and butt out of everyone else's business in regards to what CONSENTING ADULTS chose to do with their relationships.

You're right that what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom is nobody else's business. The problem with homosexuals is that many of them are making it other people's business by affecting those in society who do not engage in the practice.

Children as young as kindergarten age are being taught that all aspects of bisexuality and homosexuality are acceptable. When a high-risk lifestyle is portrayed as normal to a young, impressionable mind, would you as the guardian of the child tolerate this behavior?

"Homosexuals commit more than 33% of all reported child molestations in the US. Since homosexuals make up 2% of the population, 1 in 20 is a child molester compared to 1 in 490 for heterosexuals." - Psychological Reports, 1986

"73% of all homosexuals have had sex with boys under 19 years old." - Jay and Young. The Gay Report, 1979

"Many homosexuals admit that they are pedophiles. The love between men and boys is at the foundation of homosexuality” - San Francisco Sentinel, March 27, 1992.

Homosexuality spreads disease to innocent people who never engage in homosexual sex, like Ryan White, the teenage boy who died of AIDS after a blood transfusion. According to the CDC, there are nearly ten thousand known cases of innocent people in the US who have contracted AIDS the same way despite improvements in blood screening. Moreover, there are thousands of innocent heterosexuals (many are spouses) who have contracted STDs via sexual contact with bisexuals. - Center for Disease Control, Cases of HIV infection and AIDS in the United States and Dependent Areas, 2005 HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report, Volume 17, Revised Edition, June 2007

There is a notable homosexual group, consisting of thousands of members, known as the North American Man and Boy Love Association ( NAMBLA). This is a child molesting homosexual group whose cry is “SEX BEFORE 8 BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!” This group can be seen marching in most major homosexual parades across the United States.

FISTGATE
www.massresistance.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
reply to post by number38

I believe a great man once condemmed homosexuality but also said "judge not" , hmm so that basically means it is not up to us to accept or condemn a person's sexuality but to worry of our own.... i do believe that homosexuality is a tool to be used in manipulating people's opinions of themselves.... it is a blown out of proportion issue that needs to be understood fast so the human race can move on to that little thing we have forgotten about called..... evolution

Someone using scripture to support homosexuality? How novel. Usually it's the Bible thumpers who are railing against the wicked ways of same-sex relationships. Like many, your comprehension of this particular verse is inaccurate, and so does nothing to defend the homosexual lifestyle.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged" is the actual Biblical passage from Matthew 7:1. It implies that if you intend to judge someone on their actions or words, be prepared to be judged with the same level of discernment. It's illogical to conclude that no one should have the right to scrutinize or lay judgment on another person. That's why we have a criminal justice system, albeit one that seems to place more emphasis on justice for the criminal these days.

The Bible often speaks in parables and can't always be taken literally. I'm certain you'd recognize this if it were a family member or friend who was injured or killed by a thug or a drunk... or perhaps sodomized by a homosexual pedophile.

The Ten Commandments are an excellent example of a judicious path in life to follow, though I can see where a homosexual might have a problem with 'Honor your father and your mother.' After all, the queer outlook on sexuality is the antithesis of their parents. Perhaps homosexuals should think twice about their stance on sexuality, considering the fact they wouldn't be here today if their parents had been "like-minded."

Homosexual Serial Killers

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
i want to know about everybody's sex life... Gay - straight - fatties - redheads - celibates - masturbaters - whatever, everybody's sex life should be made public. Perhaps posted in libraries and post offices, (of course we'll have to use euphemisms so the kids can't understand it or wrap the info in brown paper). After everybody's sex life is made public, we should all get to vote on it. The popular sex life gets a pass and those we don't approve of have to stop whatever it is they are doing. Maybe a scale of 1 to 10 on the icky factor. And those folks like Hermaphrodites and asexuals automatically get an "icky" and perhaps some kind of psych-pharma treatment. Sex should be a democratic process. It's the only true American way to deal with it. So i don't vote "yea" or "nay" but give it a five, of course depending if it's hot chicks then i'll give it a nine (or if it's a couple of really handsome guys, i mean George Clooney/Anderson Cooper handsome).

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLightRain
For. There is no reason homosexuals should be treated different. Its a genetic trait... like red hair.

Homosexuality (Homophilia) is not genetic, nor an inherited trait any more than Pedophilia, Necrophilia, Zoophilia (Bestiality), Sadomasochism, Exhibitionism, Voyeurism, Transvestism, Incest or Polygamy are. If it were, it could not be altered by mere choice. You can't choose to be Caucasian, tall, attractive or have "red hair." But homosexuals can choose to alter their behavior, though the studies are often suppressed by those with a vested interest. The fact that there are organized groups of "ex-gays" like PFOX, proves their lifestyle is chosen.

"There is no DNA or medical test to determine if someone is homosexual. Sexual orientation is a matter of self-affirmation and public declaration." - From the site, Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX)

"Homosexuals have been known to change." - International Journal of Psychiatry.

"The homosexual's real enemy is his ignorance of the possibility that he can be helped." -- "Homosexuality: Disease or Way of Life?" by Dr. Edmund Bergler.

"For those homosexuals who are unhappy with their life and find effective therapy, it is 'curable'." -- "Overcoming Homosexuality" by Dr. Robert Kronemeyer.

"The success rate in 81 gays desiring reorientation (after a 6 year follow-up), is 71.6% (p.402) -- "Homosexuality in Perspective" by Masters and Johnson.

Homophile extremists attempt to deceive the public by covering up much of the known medical documentation surrounding their activities and the dangerous consequences.

"Gay Reversal Advocates Say School Libraries Banning Their 'Ex-Gay' Books" - Fox News.

The reality is that Homophilia would still be classified as a mental illness if radical homosexual extremists hadn't used commando tactics to intimidate the American Psychiatric Association (APA) at many of their conferences. - “Guerrilla theater tactics and more straight-forward shouting matches characterized their presence” - Bayer, R. Homosexuality and American Psychiatry.

The rash of alleged homosexual suicides and bullying is a ruse and a shameless attempt to illicit empathy for the Homophile. Thousands of children commit suicide every year in the U.S. and it's the 3rd leading cause of death for teens. Since only 2-3% of the population are homosexual, the vast majority of teens that take their own lives do not practice homosexuality.

It begs the question as to why we never hear about the epidemic of heterosexual kids committing suicide. Why is it so important to portray the plight of such an insignificant minority, who of all things practice a high-risk lifestyle? Who made the decision that their life holds more importance? How could this possibly have anything to do with "equality" when the majority are left out of the equation?

"Domestic violence is the 3rd largest health problem facing the gay and lesbian community and trails only behind AIDS and substance abuse in terms of sheer numbers and lethality." -- Susan Holt, coordinator of the domestic violence unit of the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center.

"Homosexuals are 100 times more likely to be murdered (usually by another homosexual) than the average person, 25 times more likely to commit suicide, and 19 times more likely to die in a traffic accident. 21% of lesbians die of murder, suicide or traffic accident, which is at a rate of 534 times higher than the number of white heterosexual females aged 25-44 who die of these things". - Fields, Dr. E. “Is Homosexual Activity Normal?” Marietta, GA.

"50% of the calls to a hotline to report “queer bashing” involved domestic violence (i.e., homosexuals beating up other homosexuals) - Newsweek, 4 October 1993.

"Approximately 50% of the women on death row are lesbians." - Lesbian News, January 1994.

Living Proof that Homosexuals Can Change

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

For. There is no reason homosexuals should be treated different. Its a genetic trait... like red hair.

Homosexuality (Homophilia) is not genetic, nor an inherited trait any more than Pedophilia, Necrophilia, Zoophilia (Bestiality), Sadomasochism, Exhibitionism, Voyeurism, Transvestism, Incest or Polygamy are. If it were, it could not be altered by mere choice. You can't choose to be Caucasian, tall, attractive or have "red hair." But homosexuals can choose to alter their behavior, though the studies are often suppressed by those with a vested interest. The fact that there are organized groups of "ex-gays" like PFOX, proves their lifestyle is chosen.

"There is no DNA or medical test to determine if someone is homosexual. Sexual orientation is a matter of self-affirmation and public declaration." - From the site, Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX)

"Homosexuals have been known to change." - International Journal of Psychiatry.

"The homosexual's real enemy is his ignorance of the possibility that he can be helped." -- "Homosexuality: Disease or Way of Life?" by Dr. Edmund Bergler.

"For those homosexuals who are unhappy with their life and find effective therapy, it is 'curable'." -- "Overcoming Homosexuality" by Dr. Robert Kronemeyer.

"The success rate in 81 gays desiring reorientation (after a 6 year follow-up), is 71.6% (p.402) -- "Homosexuality in Perspective" by Masters and Johnson.

Homophile extremists attempt to deceive the public by covering up much of the known medical documentation surrounding their activities and the dangerous consequences.

"Gay Reversal Advocates Say School Libraries Banning Their 'Ex-Gay' Books" - Fox News.

The reality is that Homophilia would still be classified as a mental illness if radical homosexual extremists hadn't used commando tactics to intimidate the American Psychiatric Association (APA) at many of their conferences. - “Guerrilla theater tactics and more straight-forward shouting matches characterized their presence” - Bayer, R. Homosexuality and American Psychiatry.

The rash of alleged homosexual suicides and bullying is a ruse and a shameless attempt to illicit empathy for the Homophile. Thousands of children commit suicide every year in the U.S. and it's the 3rd leading cause of death for teens. Since only 2-3% of the population are homosexual, the vast majority of teens that take their own lives do not practice homosexuality.

It begs the question as to why we never hear about the epidemic of heterosexual kids committing suicide. Why is it so important to portray the plight of such an insignificant minority, who of all things practice a high-risk lifestyle? Who made the decision that their life holds more importance? How could this possibly have anything to do with "equality" when the majority are left out of the equation?

"Domestic violence is the 3rd largest health problem facing the gay and lesbian community and trails only behind AIDS and substance abuse in terms of sheer numbers and lethality." -- Susan Holt, coordinator of the domestic violence unit of the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center.

"Homosexuals are 100 times more likely to be murdered (usually by another homosexual) than the average person, 25 times more likely to commit suicide, and 19 times more likely to die in a traffic accident. 21% of lesbians die of murder, suicide or traffic accident, which is at a rate of 534 times higher than the number of white heterosexual females aged 25-44 who die of these things". - Fields, Dr. E. “Is Homosexual Activity Normal?” Marietta, GA.

"50% of the calls to a hotline to report “queer bashing” involved domestic violence (i.e., homosexuals beating up other homosexuals) - Newsweek, 4 October 1993.

"Approximately 50% of the women on death row are lesbians." - Lesbian News, January 1994.

Living Proof that Homosexuals Can Change

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i dont understand the issue. no one should care what anybody else is doing unless it effects them. people need to learn to mind their own business.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
OK with homosexuals? YES

OK with homosexual marriage? YES

Think homosexuality is never a choice? Uhm...NO

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i understand your intention and i applaud it, if this seems hostile it is not towards you.

as a canadian i can say that the majority of issues in America confuse me, americans seem to be personally offended by people individual lifestyle choices that a) never interact with their life b) has no affect.

why anyone would have a problem with a gay is beyond me, heres the bottom line you dont like gays stay away from gay bars, you think its against your religion dont practice it, you wanna get pissed off by the happiness of others enjoy a long life of being pissed off and a dick!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Not opposed
Equal rights for Gays in everything
Same sex marriage great
Gays in the military openly no problem

Ziggy Strange

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Am I homosexual? --no
Do I think homosexual sex is okay? --yes
Do I think homosexuality is a "choice"? --no
Do I think gays have the right to marry, and that such marriages should be legally recognized on the same basis as straight ones? --yes

I fully agree with all americandingbat’s points .

There is however one I would like to add.

Do I think that gays have the right to raise a family? -- yes

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by truthlieshere

With all due respect, as I understood the OP nothing you cite here is relevant, For every citation you present there are many more unbiased statements to the contrary from qualified professionals.

This thread was presented as an up or down vote, I don't think it was intended as a debate of opinions.

The OP can correct me if I'm wrong, If that is the case you have my sincerest apology.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by number38
Yay or nay? as in are you opposed to homosexuality or do you have no problem with it and wonder what everybody gets so upset about? So if you are gay obviously you won't have a problem with it unless you're a self-hating gay which would be a very complicated thread. So yay or nay on the issue.

Its as simple as that. I want to find out what the majority of ATS members actually think about this issue. No debate or arguing just a FOR or AGAINST. If you can't decide then keep the maybes to yourself, have a long think and reply later.

thanks to all who contribute.

peace

edit on 27-9-2010 by number38 because: to make it clearer what I'm looking for (hopefully)

yay.

do you know that 10% of men have had gay encounters and the other 90% are liers?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthlieshere
"Homosexuals commit more than 33% of all reported child molestations in the US. Since homosexuals make up 2% of the population, 1 in 20 is a child molester compared to 1 in 490 for heterosexuals." - Psychological Reports, 1986

"73% of all homosexuals have had sex with boys under 19 years old." - Jay and Young. The Gay Report, 1979

"Many homosexuals admit that they are pedophiles. The love between men and boys is at the foundation of homosexuality” - San Francisco Sentinel, March 27, 1992.

www.internationalorder.org...

This article includes some base level leads for you to follow into a deeper understanding of these statistics. Most experts would not agree that homosexuals commit 33% of all reported child molestations by a long shot. A lot of these articles are written by people with a clear agenda.

The other problem with their agenda is that by following their logic ... Lesbians have a lower rate of offenses against children than heterosexual males. Shall we therefore replace all heterosexual parents with lesbians to start with?

The 73% of all homosexuals have had sex with boys under 19 years old sure looks mightly impressive until you consider the exact same heterosexual statistics. Most people in their lives have had sex with someone younger. You would also have to provide information on how these statistics were gathered. IE If it was something similar to the Kinsey report it's probably worthless research.

The third reference is just painful hearsay. You'll find a lot of pedophiles have heterosexual relationships besides their relationships with children.

I guess all am saying is ... try to put your opinions to one side and tackle these statistics on a base level. The problem with much of the people these days is they pick up 'bytes' of information that support their opinion and throw it around ... technically surrendering themselves to explosive sounding journal articles. Statistics books such as Freakonomics are an interesting read to demonstrate how statistics get abused on a daily basis.

Note: I'm quite happy to help you research statistics regarding this to find the true meaning of the statistics being provided. Perhaps you could start a new thread on it or some such. As far as this thread goes I don't really have an opinion based on the wording of the question.

edit on 14-11-2010 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

number38, I fully expected this thread to be another loaded question asked by some cluless moronic redneck, followed by the usual neo-nazi replies spouting regurgitated hatred towards gay people. What a surprise to see you're attempting to educate people about this issue. Good luck, and I hope it makes at least one person wake up.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I don't have any probs. with homosexuals at all. They don't bother me a bit or interfere in my life.

PS: Straight male here.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm just reading Randy Shilts' The Life and Times of Harvey Milk: The Mayor of Castro Street and I'm quite surprised that since the 1970s there is no new argument or allegation against homosexuality.
All that trite rubbish - like linking homosexuality with pedophilia - was falsified, raised and discounted before.
OK HIV/Aids gave new bullets to the hate side, but that is quickly countered with the prevalence of heterosexual epidemics in Africa.
HIV did not originate amongst gay people, and the first Western victims were not gay.
That is as silly as blaming blacks or heterosexual men for Aids.

But ultimately Shilts was pessimistic, and pointed out that homophobia was a part of the "American ethos".

Furthermore, to say that there is NO evidence linking sexual orientation to genes is being dishonest.
But when was any religion ever honest?
edit on 14-11-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthlieshere

That's such a genocidal comment. Let me re-phrase it for you to give it some context:

Heterosexuality (attraction to the opposite sex) is not genetic, nor an inherited trait any more than Pedophilia, Necrophilia, Zoophilia (Bestiality), Sadomasochism, Exhibitionism, Voyeurism, Transvestism, Incest or Polygamy are. If it were, it could not be altered by mere choice. You can't choose to be Caucasian, tall, attractive or have "red hair." But heterosexuals can choose to alter their behavior, though the studies are often suppressed by those with a vested interest. The fact that there are organized groups of "ex-straights" like PFOX, proves the heterosexual lifestyle is chosen.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by raybies
. Im a man in every sense of the word and i like women. .

Raybies, I'm sure you're very manly.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join