It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-13 and XXJ!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yeah the intakes are on the sides not on belly like 1.44, and the wing is way back.

This "China is copying" notion often comes from people who know little about aircraft. It's sort of a psychological thing, you have to be pretty used to looking at planes so you can easily tell the difference between each individual plane just like you would with people.

Take a look at this
www.cnn.com...
Car fans can often differentiate between cars more easily than people, because they're way used to looking at cars. I'm not a big fan of cars and I have trouble telling which one is which. I probably said this before but I used to think the Chrysler Intrepid was a copy of the Dodge Viper.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Maybe that’s why I can differentiate between hot chicks so well

Anyways, I am one of those people that think the J10 is a copy of the F16. But I want to clarify a bit though. Of course its not and exact copy. I also do not believe that any of the parts themselves are copies. But the style, overall idea and concept is nearly identical. No way can anybody ever convince me China didn’t pull apart an F16 prior to designing the J10. Its clear as day that the F16 was a huge INFLUENCE on the J10. I also give China a great deal of credit, they have designed a great plane. But in the end, its clearly (to me) an updated copy of an F16.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't reply to those stupid China flaming because most Americans are ignorant (or at least the ones posting the flames, are quiet ignorant in most cases), their patriotism blinds their vision and there's no point to try and convince them, people like that would be the downfall of the great US of A. Secondly, I don't live in America, I am living in Canada for the time being.

And yes, China did examine the F-16 provided by Pakistan for examination purposes and to learn the construction of the fighter.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This discussion of Chinese versus Russian versus US planes is quite pathetic. Anyone who wants to see some amazing aerial phenomon, needs to only sit outside the Livermore California area or drive over the altamont hills and park on clear Thursday or Friday night.

The planes we have and demonstrate over this area is unlike anything you can imagine. Triangles that move side to side defying the laws of gravity, turning 180° in flight only to go at the same speed in the exact opposite direction. These triangles bounce up and down while flying straight ahead, as if skipping off the atmosphere.

Head out to the Livermore or Tracy airport and watch them take off vertically after turning completley upside down, while hovering in place, 10 feet off the ground.

I invite any of you to do this. You wont be disappointed as they seem to fly them every Thursday through Monday, for about a year or so now.

What you see on the news is not always real. The scramjet was once designated the X-15, long ago, when my grandpa worked on it. Now Nasa rolls it out as if it's a new idea. What a joke!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That's only demonstrating how advanced the space aliens are!

Of course they're advanced! We lowly humans cannot compete

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
Don't be angry!
First the postion of air-intakes is different, which is under the fuselage for 1.44 but is beside
Secound, wing tail is obviously different.
could you look at it carefully?

Well I didn't say it WAS the MiG 1.44 ITSELF..I said it look like it..
See?.. I even mentioned the "w/o canards" part..

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
How can I be wrong!!??!!
You can bl00dy well see a shuttle perched on top of that plane!!

I like your declaratives..

"no you are wrong"..
well at least tell me why you think Im wrong..

On one side I'm trying to defend you chinese from all these american copying accusations.. and Im getting it from you all as well!!??!!

LMAO

Very pathetic... maybe you deserve to be accused of copying because I only see a very strong retort when non-americans bring up the copying claim on china..
All american posters' anti-chinese taunts on the subjects strangely go unanswered or are replied at most with a feeble cry!!

Is it because most of you chinese on this site are living in america, and fear a reprisal of sorts if anything anti-american is said??
Maybe deportations??

weird.. really weird..
I'm not standing up for you guys any more..

the space shuttle could be this

Class: Manned. Type: Spaceplane. Nation: China.

The first model of the planned 921-3 manned shuttle was exhibited at Hannover Expo 2000. This showed a double-delta winged spaceplane with a single vertical stabiliser, equipped with three high-expansion engines. Based on the size of the presumed two crew side-by-side cockpit, dimensions could be very roughly estimated as a wingspan of 8 m and a length of 12 m, and a total mass of 12 tonnes. This seemed about half the size but the same configuration as the six-engined orbiter designed in the mid-1990's.

The Chinese 921-3 shuttle concept was a two-stage system with horizontal takeoff and landing. The appearance and layout of the system was similar to the West German Saenger-II. Launch mass would be 330 tonnes. An aerospace plane with accommodation for two to three crew and a payload of 6 tonnes would be mounted atop the first stage. It was felt by the Chinese that the horizontal launch method would result in lower system weight and provide a more flexible system that could be operated from any airfield.

The hypersonic lifting body first stage would be 85 m long and 12 m in diameter with three vertical stabilisers. The stage would have a launch mass of 198 tonnes and a landing mass of 79 tonnes. At launch the stage would be powered by six Lox/LH2/Methane engines with a thrust of 40 tonnes each and a specific impulse of 370 seconds. These would be supplemented by eight LH2-powered direct-flow ramjet engines with a specific impulse of 3500 seconds. The rocket engines alone would power the vehicle from the runway to a speed of Mach 0.8, at which point the ramjets would ignite. Up to an altitude of 9 km and a speed of Mach 1.8 to 2.0 the rocket and ramjet engines would operate in parallel to provide a constant acceleration, the rocket engines throttling back as the ramjets increased in thrust. Thereafter the first stage would be powered by ramjet thrust alone until it released the orbiter at an unspecified hypersonic speed. It would then return to its launch base.

The orbiter would have a launch mass of 132 tonnes, a landing mass of 25.3 tonnes, and would be equipped with four Lox/LH2 engines with a specific impulse of 460 seconds and thrust of 21 tonnes each. These would take the stage to an elliptical orbit of 100 to 300 km altitude. Further engine manoeuvres could take the spacecraft up to a 500 km altitude orbit.

China published photographs of a two-seat spaceplane simulator as early as 1980. This was possibly a test cockpit in an aircraft that flew parabolic trajectories to provide brief periods of zero-G. Given Tsien Hsue-shen’s, lifelong interest in winged hypersonics, it seems likely that this two seater was indeed the cockpit for a Chinese Dynasoar-type spaceplane. Reports of the existence of a wind tunnel model have continued through the years. However lack of funds prevented full scale development from beginning.

In April 1992 the Chinese leadership decided that an independent manned space program could now be afforded. The Chinese National Manned Space Program was given the designation Project 921. The third stage, 921-3, was a modern space-earth transportation system, using a delta winged orbiter, to be operational by 2020. The 921-1 manned capsule entered full scale development in 1993 and the 921-2 space station in 1999. Only preliminary work has been undertaken to date on the 921-3.

Some photographs have been released of a wind tunnel model. The narrow fuselage and wing tip vertical stabilisers were strongly reminiscent of the United States’ X-20 Dynasoar spaceplane of the 1960’s. Another picture shows computer simulations of airflow around a different double-delta winged spacecraft. This has an appearance very close to the US space shuttle, but without a tail. This more closely resembled the Hannover model, except the latter was equipped with a modest vertical stabiliser similar to that on the Russian BOR-4 spaceplane.

This very ambitious project will probably be realised in a different form than that originally planned some time in the first half of the next century. The Hannover model suggests that a modest spaceplane, launched by expendable boosters, would be flown before proceeding to any full-scale reusable winged launch vehicles. By 2002 Chinese space scientists were speaking of a two-stage to orbit, ballistic recoverable transport as the first recoverable Chinese space vehicle.

Crew Size: 2. Length: 12.00 m. Maximum Diameter: 2.00 m. Span: 8.00 m. Mass: 12,000 kg.

LOL i live austraila and trust me no one in the melbourne area likes americans
very anti-bush anti-american

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Where are the payload doors??

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
i think its just a mock up

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I think nits a little less than that !!
Maybe one of those props you put on the directors desk or something..

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yeah it'd be pretty funny if they build a shuttle like that.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The cargo would have to "teleported" out wouldn't it? Oops, what happened to the storage door?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
i dont know how they tansport things i just found the picture

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Brand new pics of possible j-12 designs.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Brand new pics of possible j-12 designs.

I can see nothing!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Lets just say that from looking at it the design does not look that stealthily shaped. It looks more like a MiG-29 than the F-22 design which the PAK-FA is similar to.

(Sorry to all western posters for stealing your line
)

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
XXJ new photos

jra

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinatea
XXJ new photos

Those are CG. They've been posted before. Nice renders though.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join