It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare goes into effect, side effects already appearing

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
Many of the posters keep talking about how the government will force us to buy health insurance, and some have said the IRS will kick our doors down to arrest us if we don't, and that we will be put in jail if we don't buy it. I hope this is just them being overly dramatic. We have no health insurance because we seriously canNOT afford it. Unfortunately, we make about 90 dollars too much per month to be eligible for government help, so we try to make sure we stay healthy and don't go to the doctors. I really hope we don't need it. Anyway, I said all that to say this: what if you can't afford to buy it? What happens to us?

Scenario #1. They will take your $90 and tell you to be grateful!
Scenario #2. Enough people campaign to repeal Obamacare will get elected and repeal it.
Scenario #3. They will take your $90 and then realize that we can't really afford Obamacare and you will get nothing for your $90.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I almost believed you until you mentioned the fairy tale "death panels." There's not even such a thing as "Obamacare." That's a nickname our community essentially created for it. Obama himself hasn't really done much of anything since he entered office, although what little he has done was readily comparable to Regan by Jon Stewart. I want to be sympathetic when I hear somebody is in real trouble, but it's hard to take you and others like you seriously when so much outright fallacy is interwoven with your unhappy anecdote.

On a side note, I can't believe any of us are still supporting the Tea Party even after it's been completely hijacked and eaten alive by the Rockefeller Cartel. Sure, the Bolshevik Illuminati has a significant presence in the Democratic Party, but the way to defeat them is NOT to revitalize the even scarier right wing fascists. Have any of you heard the Tea Party's rhetoric lately? It's a mirror image of the Republican Party, the same group that damn near destroyed this country, the same group responsible for more needless suffering and death abroad than I can stomach. I wouldn't put much stock in their revival, but it's disappointing all the same to see a site like ATS so overrun with this moronic propaganda.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Syrus Magistus because: Reply-to redundancy

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
reply to post by SevenThunders

Obamacare has not gone into effect. My mother tried to put me on her policy and Kaiser's rep told her that it wasn't going into effect until June of 2011.

So either OP is wrong saying this is "in effect" or Kaiser's representative openly lied to my mom.

If it's the latter you guys need to tell me.

The Health Care Reform Bill Timeline will be phased in from January 1, 2010 to January 1, 2018. There are steps that will happen every year.

Child dependent coverage up to age 26 is mandated as of October 1, 2010.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Blood Royal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
Many of the posters keep talking about how the government will force us to buy health insurance, and some have said the IRS will kick our doors down to arrest us if we don't, and that we will be put in jail if we don't buy it. I hope this is just them being overly dramatic. We have no health insurance because we seriously canNOT afford it. Unfortunately, we make about 90 dollars too much per month to be eligible for government help, so we try to make sure we stay healthy and don't go to the doctors. I really hope we don't need it. Anyway, I said all that to say this: what if you can't afford to buy it? What happens to us?

Please read this article to see the future!

www.thefoxnation.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
"Child dependent coverage up to age 26 is mandated as of October 1, 2010. "

as far as I know, this just forces insurance companies to allow parents to add their older children onto their insurance if they wish!! Hope I ain't wrong....

I have never had an employer that had family health plans as one of their benefits, they just helped cover the employee themselves....the cost of the family plan would have about gone above my earnings for a 40 hr. week!

so, well, I don't see where this is gonna be that big....
since I got a feeling that many employers do what my bosses usually did...refer you to the gov't child health program if you want your children covered....and well, if you don't qualify for it, well...
oh well.....guess your kid can just stay sick, but please keep working keep paying your taxes, because the lady across the street from you needs to take her kid in to see the doc next time he gets the sniffles!!!

it's pretty bad when the country spends more than every other country on the face of the earth for healthcare, and companies send their employees overseas to get it because the cost...even after all the tax dollars that is fed into it....is just too high!!! and so much lower in these other not so developed countries!!! drugs are bought acrosee the border, and well.....people are left completely out of the loop just about....taxpayers, are left out of the loop.....

but, congress didn't address any of that stuff...na...they just concentrated on how they could make the defunct system more expensive for everybody!!! big corp won the battle!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Health-insurance rates already are rising even more quickly than they had been in the past because of concern about the costs that will be imposed by Obamacare. Various kinds of insurance products and services are being discontinued.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutout23
Health-insurance rates already are rising even more quickly than they had been in the past because of concern about the costs that will be imposed by Obamacare. Various kinds of insurance products and services are being discontinued.

I read an article that AARP, after pushing for Obamacare, is now going to be raising their healthcare costs because they said that it's going to be expensive.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So what your basically saying is...WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU GOT A JOB FROM A POOR PERSON AND HOW CAN THIS POOR PERSON (or rich for that matter) POSSIBLY CREATE JOBS IF FOR EVERY DOLLAR HE OR SHE PAYS YOU HE MUST PAY 1.50 TO THE GOVERNMENT IN TAXES SO HE CAN HIRE YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I am going to attempt to disagree in a more polite way. Sorry if my last post was distasteful.

Originally posted by SevenThunders

I used those negative examples, because it is they who are driving up the health care costs. It's not rocket science. You force coverage on 25 million deadbeats and you will get health care rationing and increased premiums.

This bill isn't forcing the insurance companies to cover 25 million "deadbeats", it's forcing the "deadbeats" to go out and buy insurance. I am going to go ahead and switch the term "deadbeats" with the uninsured. Forcing the uninsured to buy health insurance isn't going to raise premiums. For that to be true, you would have to believe that all of the uninsured were sick. Health insurance companies have expenses when their customers are sick. That's besides the point because the currently uninsured will be purchasing insurance.

Well thats just too damn funny;
looked outside your "computer room" lately? Nobody is purchasing ANYTHING! Most of whats left of the middle class is expecting to deal with ("skyrocketing" I believe the prez said "necessarily skyrocketing") energy costs and Inflated food costs,Thanks for piling on.

The overall result of this system is most insurers will simply disappear
So the much touted claim:"You can keep your current plan!" was bold faced shallow lie. Anybody with more than a middle school mentality can see the result will be to force Everybody onto whatever "govsurance" is "offered.

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Why do I call them deadbeats? Well because of illegal aliens using emergency care as their personal physicians we have a system breakdown in many border states.

This is the primary reason why the health care reform made it mandatory for the uninsured to buy health insurance. If everybody has insurance, then the uninsured cannot use emergency care while the tax payers pick up the bill. They will already be covered by the insurance which they purchased. It's the same reasoning as to why it's illegal to drive without car insurance. If somebody hit's you, then you will not be stuck with the bill.

I realize that mandatory heath insurance is one of the more unpopular parts of the health care reform, but it's somewhat understandable.

Insurance companies are going to lose money now that they have to cover people with pre-existing conditions. Previously they could just refuse to cover those which would end up costing them more than they would profit. Now, they will have to cover these individuals (most likely at a higher rate) and take the loss.

It's not a perfect plan. No plan of this magnitude could be. We can all assume that adjustments will need to be made as the plan goes into effect. I'm not happy with the plan. I would like to see an option which left the For-Profit companies out.

This "thing" is a monster of a bureaucracy (with plenty of room for new fiefdoms and inflated empowered bureaucrats).You will see the: " If we are paying for your health care; We think fast food should be rationed or legislated" San-fran just did that to happy meals.
"food justice"!

edit on 18-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join