It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seti at home or Homeland security?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I had a crazy thought what if seti @ Home, was really a front for homeland security, utilizing all of us to search internet packets for terrorist info.Just think with all of us participating how efficient they would be.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
except for the tincy fact that SETI has been in existence long before homeland security... not to mention the government pulled all funding ages ago. nice idea though.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
do you really think homeland security is new?????it is only a specialized division of all the existing agencies in unison working on one task.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hmm...

Well, you probably shouldn't deny the possibilies... I don't know if you are familiar with Carnivore? It was a tool used by the government to check the information going to and from computers on the internet for possible "threats to national security." There were no checks and balances... the same way Homeland Security is operating. I don't know about SETI being involved in all of this, but it certainly could be possible...

But what i think really is going on is that the aliens are using SETI to process all of the information from all of those people they abduct. They are using it to take over the world in the year 2012 when the poles shift and we traverse to the next dimension. What a perfect front, huh? NOBODY would suspect a thing!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
there was a rumor going around ages ago that seti@home was an nsa distributed computing code-breaking system.. much more plausible imo... although i suppose we could be sifting through echelon data just as easily as breaking codes... but so many geeks use seti that i'd imagine one of them would have noticed something weird about it by now were either the case...

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hmmm i think we can assume the NSA are not using seti as "distributed computing code-breaking system" thats getting in to tinfoil hat country there.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
homeland security is nothing new it has been around for 100+ years now it just has gotten more attention because of 911

new topics

top topics

join