It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Design A New Society Together- List one thing that you want in it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
For years I have seen people cling to a concept or idea and attempt to force it on another. Often times nobody will listen to the opposite viewpoint. Many people say what they do not want, but often do not say what it is they really want. Concepts like: "I do not want to be taxed," is not something you want, it is something you do not want. So in this thread please state one thing or a few things that you want in this new hypothetical society, not what you do not want. Using this method I will take the ideas everyone puts forward of what they really want in a society and attempt to craft an outline of how this society could work. I will be asking individuals questions to clarify what they want if their ideas are too general. Please also be realistic in answering what type of society would be beneficial to you. Keep in mind, this would be a peaceful, productive, and happy society. While I am sure some people would want to have the old west back where courts didn't exist and you could shoot your neighbor this is not the goal of this project.

Be sure to add stars to those ideas that hold the most value to your own.

edit on 23-9-2010 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

most important for a promising future in your utopia would be:

1.) children realistically IQ tested by legitimate people to make sure the smartes (regardless of social class) are guided into the most vital careers that require the smartest people..to disallow the weakening of society by those in upper social classes paying for their kids to have the best careers..the best need to be utilized regardless of all unfair obstacles..

2.) greed and hypocrisy must be included as practices outlawed --sorry but there must be a charted stating laws.

3.) a large community dining hall where everyone has access to the same quality food.. noone starves while others sip champagne and eat cavier, kobe beef and lobster..

just a start......

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
1) People to get along and decide things as a whole society.

We are so dang greedy, some would screw it up just for power.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well for me this is a no-brainer.

100% liberty, which in turn goes hand in hand with 100% personal responsibility.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
2. Make everything free energy, stop animals slaughter

I mean at least give the farmed animals a chance, don't just house them in extremely poor conditions then when time comes cut them open while they're hanging from a wire still alive and bleed to death.

An alternative would be to let them free in a large fenced enclosure and when time comes for slaughter, catch the weak/ old ones that can't outrun preditors if in the wild and kill them as humanely as possible. I've only met one man that killed his own chickens and pigs but raised the animals in clean kept coops or fences with their own little house and UV lamp, two huge buckets of feed for 50 chickens or 2 pigs. He's a man I respect.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
An island surrounded by walls lined with velcro, filled 10ft deep with ball-pit balls, and no flag... everyone can come play. Oh and you get a velcro suit and nerf guns. And every world leader is legally mandated to settle their scores on this island. Whoever giggles the most, wins.

edit on 23-9-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
1) Maturity to be strived for, taught and respected.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
1) honor and glory

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We don't really get to "design" our societies, they exist as a reflection of us as a whole. You can start with ANY design you want, no matter how great it is or how stupid it is, but it will always evolve into a reflection of where WE stand ourselves. Are we enlightened? Then our society will reflect that.

link   
I WANT JETPACKS AND FLYING CARS!!!! What's the hold-up with those anyway? Science fiction promised that we would have those decades ago. Also holodecks, Stepford wives, and a pill that gives me a "Mr. Universe" body with an IQ of 210. Is all that too much to ask from a perfect society?

link   
Now that 2 seperate posts directly contradict each other in their wants, and there is only 1 world, what happens?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Peace.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c76dcf5c5e27.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
How about a fully transparent budget system? Only the top secret spy/military would be off limits. Any citizen could access all spending information on all levels of government through web.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
Now that 2 seperate posts directly contradict each other in their wants, and there is only 1 world, what happens?

They do not contradict each other as it is possible to have two opposing ideas concurrently working within one design. When a person places their belief of society on each other they are in effect stating what they do not want. Stating I want nobody to have abortions is saying I do not want abortions. If we can all agree that making our rules of what we do not want others to do, goes against everything we want personally. I want to hear what people want, not what they do not want. We have a quagmire of a society right now because too many believe instead of designing a world around what is best for all of us personally and collectively, we resort to telling others what we do not want them to do. I think there is a difference. To get to the root of what we all want we must state what it is we actually want.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes
Well for me this is a no-brainer.

100% liberty, which in turn goes hand in hand with 100% personal responsibility.

This is fairly general, however, I think most can agree with the concept of liberty. Personal responsibility is a concept that means you should be allowed to make the choices you want without another telling you how you should not live your life. I agree with you as long as we are not living in the wild west. A society has some structure and rules, but should be designed for the good of all. Stuff like not speeding through a school zone or residential neighborhood would not really be a restriction on liberty as much as it is an accepted practice of mutual respect. Do you agree with this?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A system which promotes innovation, rewards hard work vs rewarding status, allows for equal education opportunity across the board, and has a criminal code which doesn't allow for the rampant abuses of erroneous and misplaced sentencing.

Oh and free beer.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Truly equal rights for all.
Communication between the people and the leaders.
Honest government.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I can already see the solution to your request for truly equal rights for all. This is a no-brainer for me too. Instead of entitled classes we should have one rule of non-discrimination of anyone for any reason. There is no need to add every few years a new class of protected people when all should be equally protected under the laws we chose. I concur.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
An education system that teaches people HOW to think rather then WHAT to think

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

most important for a promising future in your utopia would be:

1.) children realistically IQ tested by legitimate people to make sure the smartes (regardless of social class) are guided into the most vital careers that require the smartest people..to disallow the weakening of society by those in upper social classes paying for their kids to have the best careers..the best need to be utilized regardless of all unfair obstacles..

2.) greed and hypocrisy must be included as practices outlawed --sorry but there must be a charted stating laws.

3.) a large community dining hall where everyone has access to the same quality food.. noone starves while others sip champagne and eat cavier, kobe beef and lobster..

just a start......

I have always wanted to sit on a long table having laughs and sipping wine with my fellow man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join