It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Health Insurers Drop Child Policies Ahead Of Obama's Heathcare Coverage Mandate!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is not good, a terrible result of the new mandate on Heathcare! Insurance companies now say the government's mandate to extend coverage to children with pre-existing conditions could endanger their obligations to other policy holders, blaming the Obama administration for their actions.

Just days away from the implementation of new rules that will prevent insurers from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions, numerous major insurers have opted to end the sale of child-only policies.

I am jaw dropped. What I forsee happening here, is that The Feds will now step up and rope in the children first into the Federally controlled heathcare system. People will be left with little choice.

Anthem Blue Cross and associate WellPoint, Aetna Inc., Cigna Inc., CoventryOne and others have been making under-the-radar announcements about their child health offerings in recent days, drawing sharp criticism from Democrats and progressive activists who championed the president's health care reform agenda.

www.rawstory.com...

edit on 22-9-2010 by burntheships because: title

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The HCR was never to be fool prof loopholes are all over as usual because our moron politicians have their bills written by the lobbyist of the companies involved in the issues at hand, big insurance mafia companies wrote the HCR, so what anybody expect but nothing but loopholes to benefit them, from premium hikes and dictating what kind of polices they will be selling.

Obama new agency to oversee insurance premiums hike is only at federal level they have no jurisdiction when it comes to individual states and how their will control or not premium hikes, even when Obama is bribing many states with millions of dollars to pay the initial cost of converting Medicaid into his public option, then it will fall on the states tax payers.

Yes people, they are the ones making the policies and they can add and take what they want as is not regulations for that.

In spite of all the corruption, lies and agendas in our government people still fall for government intervention.

Then we already have doctors that have the choice to opt on Medicare and Medicaid as Medicaid is to become the biggest insurance for the poor and those that can not afford to be mandated, that is their choice and have the right to enforce.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marge, thank you for that post!

Originally posted by marg6043

In spite of all the corruption, lies and agendas in our government people still fall for government intervention.

Well said Marge, - Oh, yes, see how much better The Governement has made it already. *bitter sarcasm*
We were warned, the opposition to the HCR called this years ago.

In the mean time untill the next corrupt level of Government Intervention, there will be many children left without care!
And that means many parents left with little choice.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hey Burntheships,thanks very much for this very important topic,im from Ireland but i think this could be the most important thread i ever seen on A.T.S ,this is a disgrace!! How long have we heard little things of this being in the pipe line? a long time and now the goverment are trying to get the job of the family.I dont know what people in the goverment do be thinking!!!
star and flag
cosmic???? well ill be

edit on 15/8/2010 by johnny c because: forgot a bit

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
All I can say is that so many tried so hard to tell the obamacare supporters here and elsewhere that this is the kind of thing that would happen.

During the healthcare debate I often used the line, "bad healthcare reform is NOT better than no healthcare reform", but the people supporting absolutely everything obama said and did would have none of it.

So, who ends up first on the short end of the bad obamacare plan? Children with pre-existing conditions. The ones that can afford to be shafted the least.

You all should have paid way more attention and seen this coming before so blindly giving your support to obamacare. My comment is very fair when you consider that NO ONE read the bill before it was shoved down our throats by obama, pelosi and reid. Recall their comments that we'll find out what's in the bill AFTER it passes. Well, we ARE finding out now, aren't we? Also recall their promise before that no bill would be passed in this manner and then the bribery they used to get it passed.

If you supported obamacare, you have only to look in the mirror to see where to place the blame.

edit on 9/22/2010 by centurion1211 because: added more text

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
All I can say is that so many tried so hard to tell the obamacare supporters here and elsewhere that this is the kind of thing that would happen.

Yeah, that's what you get in the absence of public option. Compared to the rest of the world we are truly still in dark ages.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Yeah, that's what you get in the absence of public option. Compared to the rest of the world we are truly still in dark ages.

You should have included my second line then - where I said "bad healthcare reform is NOT better than no healthcare reform". The point is that many people supported obamacare not because it was what they wanted, but just because it was obamacare. We're now seeing the foolishness of that mentality.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

When the mandatory part of Obama care start to hit people that is when they are going to wake up, for those that can not be mandated they think Obama is sending them money in the mail, wake up people is not going to happen, if you can not be mandated you will fall under Medicaid and good luck with that

One of the possible reason that children policies are been drop from the insurance companies is because after all those millions of poor family children that qualify for state sponsored insurance will be drop into the Medicaid system with its new expansion, as qualifications will included a wider rage of people.

So let drop the children care into the tax payer in the individual states, so insurance companies can concentrate on those that can be gouge easily.

Wake up people, over and over we told about the deceptions behind the HCR

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

Thank you, you really have highlighted one of the most important aspects of this HCR, and the ramifications of this Government Power Grab.
This opens the door for direct control of childrens health care, they will use this as you say for control.
Forced vaccinations, and much worse to come.

The long battle lasting decades going all the way back to Hillary Clinton (as far as I can remember) was a bitter fight. Some of the most heated arguements I have ever seen here on ATS were surrounding this HCR Bill.

My hope was that there would be enough push to have it repealed, before it further destroyed the freedom here in
The United States.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

During the healthcare debate I often used the line, "bad healthcare reform is NOT better than no healthcare reform", but the people supporting absolutely everything obama said and did would have none of it.

So, who ends up first on the short end of the bad obamacare plan? Children with pre-existing conditions. The ones that can afford to be shafted the least.

Really really sad day this is. I realize that not every insurer has done this yet, but it is well underway and the scheming is endless. This will undoubtably result in higher costs, to be realized immediately.

Who pays...in the long run the children will be left with insurmountable debt in the U.S.

new topics

top topics

join