It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO NOW.... PLease in ILLINOIS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ
If U take a look of the video on the streaches where I'm focusing on the object (IN VIDEO) why doesn't the so call reflection move and remains stationary?

Because it NOT a lens flare - it is a reflection. Yes, people often lump these together, and yes, a true lens flare will move as the camera moves. BUT A REFLECTION PROBABLY WON'T. To prove it isn't a reflection you need to vary not just the camera's aim, but its relative position (ie sideways/up/down), and also its tilt, roll and yaw. Finally, you also need to show a different but similar bright object (ie the next streetlamp) at the exact same location in the image frame and prove that you are not shooting through a window

edit on 24-9-2010 by CHRLZ because: my little paws left out a word

Oh so if u see my daylight pic or video are u saying there is something in the distance that probaly caught a reflection of those lights? Which I know didn't but if that was ur case there was something there, weather it was what i seen and I mean it was big when I seen it hover along heading south. Or are U concluding it was a fraction of imagination yet something caught a reflection? LOL Funny...

Ahow this will be the last time I post something on here onless U beg me and then maybe I may post something. I posted 3 diffrent sightings in 3 different videos and this seems to be giving me a bad name, man and it wouldve been the best trust me, I am not B/S'ing and yes I did get defensive because some idiots in here are trying to insult my intelligents! Its not like they care who they trash, they are those that would bring false claimes on thy neighbor....

REVIEW 09-11-10 video and 09-13-2010 video... point out reflections on there also and then maybe then u may have some sense... This last sighting was also seen by someone about 25 miles from me...

edit on 24-9-2010 by 2ndSEED because: tyop correction: ANd when I seen it upclose FYI: if U care It was BIG!!!!!! wish the camera didn't shut off

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED

Originally posted by CHRLZ

If U take a look of the video on the streaches where I'm focusing on the object (IN VIDEO) why doesn't the so call reflection move and remains stationary?

Because it NOT a lens flare - it is a reflection. Yes, people often lump these together, and yes, a true lens flare will move as the camera moves. BUT A REFLECTION PROBABLY WON'T. To prove it isn't a reflection you need to vary not just the camera's aim, but its relative position (ie sideways/up/down), and also its tilt, roll and yaw. Finally, you also need to show a different but similar bright object (ie the next streetlamp) at the exact same location in the image frame and prove that you are not shooting through a window

Oh so if u see my daylight pic or video are u saying there is something in the distance that probaly caught a reflection of those lights? Which I know didn't but if that was ur case there was something there, weather it was what i seen and I mean it was big when I seen it hover along heading south. Or are U concluding it was a fraction of imagination yet something caught a reflection? LOL Funny...

This thread would improve if you actually READ what I said. The things I mentioned as the likely causes for a reflection are:

1. A window in front of the camera.

2. A flat 'cover glass' on the lens (many cheap cameras have these).

3. A filter (eg the UV/IR sensor that is usually placed over a digital sensor) or other flat element inside the lens/sensor.

Now which of these are 'in the distance'? NONE.

Ahow this will be the last time I post something on here onless U beg me

Yeah, that will happen. And don't let the door hit you...

and then maybe I may post something. I posted 3 diffrent sightings in 3 different videos and this seems to be giving me a bad name

Perhaps there is a reason for that. Perhaps you might try to learn from it, and do better next time. Perhaps you might actually address the points people are raising, instead of going off on tangents. Perhaps next time you post a daylight image of the same scene, you could try to make it.. the same scene.

man and it wouldve been the best trust me, I am not B/S'ing and yes I did get defensive because some idiots in here are trying to insult my intelligents! Its not like they care who they trash, they are those that would bring false claimes on thy neighbor...

Welcome to science... And the courts, and the real world, and... If you just want to tell stories and not be challenged, write a book, or post your videos on Youtube and block any dissenters..

The thing is, we now have two 'sightings', both of which are accompanied by poor 'evidence'. In some respects the images contradict your story.. Funny thing is, I suspect you probably did see some thing/s that you didn't recognise, but unfortunately you then managed to image *other* things - deliberately or accidentally, I don't know. I know these videos are your 'babies', but they are awful - there is no way to be kind.

You have also made it very clear that your knowledge of photography and astronomy is not that great. That's nothing to be ashamed of - my knowledge of neurosurgery is very poor too. But then if I were to jump onto a forum about brain surgery, I would meekly ask questions of the experts there and try to learn, rather than assert claims and get upset when people tell me I am most likely wrong.

REVIEW 09-11-10 video and 09-13-2010 video... point out reflections on there also and then maybe then u may have some sense...

Different angles, different scenes. And it's not up to me to prove your claims for you.

This last sighting was also seen by someone about 25 miles from me...

Really? Have you verified the angles, times, etc? Could you link me to that?

ANd when I seen it upclose FYI: if U care It was BIG!!!!!! wish the camera didn't shut off

You know what they say about blaming the tools...

edit on 25-9-2010 by CHRLZ because: fixing someone else's bad quoting...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Someone anybody please look south west near geneva, IL a red UFO stationary..... Im running back outside with camera

edit on 22-9-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

One would think if one was to see a UFO he would grab a camera and film it rather than run inside and make a post how he sees a UFO, and asks for collaboration on ATS?

Obviously nothing to see in the video besides Jupiter.

waste of my time

edit on 25-9-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpster
I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this, but this is from the news today in Arizona. Ufo over Tuscon.

tucsoncitizen.com...

Jpster.....

The video is just more sheilaaliens rubbish.

She's filmed another plane & used it as another UFO hoax.

There's a thread about it here:

Strange Lights Over Tucson

It will be interesting to see if the reports are simply people jumping on the "sheilaaliens hysteria bandwagon".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 25-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by jpster
I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this, but this is from the news today in Arizona. Ufo over Tuscon.

tucsoncitizen.com...

Jpster.....

That's just more sheilaaliens rubbish.

She's filmed another plane & used it as another UFO hoax.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Oh boy hoaxer Sheilaaliens still up to shenanigans i take it?

What do a Smart blonde and a UFO have in common? You always hear about them but never actually see them.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This is hardly evidence of anything at all, and I'm afraid I remain completely unconvinced that this is anything of interest. Since you claim to see UFOs all the time, we can, no doubt be expecting similar types of 'proof' from you?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Instead of bashing, do Ur own investigation. Here is some of my own by the way....

If it isn't a UFO, it's top-secret and that would explaine the harsh rejects!!!!

edit on 25-9-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

As much as the selected few have discredit my pics and video, none cared to asked any further details so I am taking matters to share a description of the craft as it moved slowly over heading south. It made no noise was huge and I was at awwwww....

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

As much as the selected few have discredit my pics and video, none cared to asked any further details

None cared to asked [sic] any details????

FROM JUST THE FIRST PAGE:

Ayjay - Where is it in relation to the Moon and Jupiter?

franspeakfree - wheres the street light ? - can you explain exacty what you saw? is this your first sighting?

cynicalm - Is that it?? Why did you only video it for 3 secs?? It isn't moving..Another street lamp??

xiphias - Maybe a neighbor will let you borrow a camera?

And you wonder why you aren't taken seriously and this garbage gets shredded? It's this sort of behavior that continues to make ufo investigation into the JOKE that it is.

By the way, remember this:

Ahow this will be the last time I post something on here onless U beg me

Alright - who was it who begged???

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks for the info!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm trying my best to plea my case.... Since it was recommended!!!!

And here are some other sightings, not made by me but other individuals that will support my pics and video...
When I say support I am referring to what I have seen and the so call color that several said was too similar to the dar street light.... tsk, tsk... The following 1st is one of several pics I took and the 2nd are similiare crafts...
along with the pics are link for more research to those intrested... Thank You all for the support...

Sighting of 09-22-2010

Supportive material

Image A

Image B;

Image C:

Image D;

I sure this is sufficent!!!!!
THANKS ALL

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I'm trying my best to plea my case.... Since it was recommended!!!!

Broken link.

And here are some other sightings, not made by me but other individuals that will support my pics and video...

Given that the examples are ones *you* have picked from ufo sites that accept any reports without any decent investigation whatsoever, and that they are NOT from your location, nor were they taken recently, I think it's a bit of a long shot to imply that these individuals 'will support my pics'..

Let's assume you just mean that they will be so similar as to elicit no doubt...

When I say support I am referring to what I have seen and the so call color that several said was too similar to the dar street light.... tsk, tsk...

From YOUR image, grabbing a couple of points:
'Unidentified thing' at cordinates 462, 185 has RGB of 201/131/9
Street Lamp ... at coordinates 12, 140 has RGB of 202/120/8
Anyone who knows their rgb's and has decent colour vision can see the resemblance, and if you add in sensor variation and the inevitable effects like CA and falloff, those figures are well within the range for a match... It's not a conclusive point, but to not even acknowledge it...

So, 'Tsk tsk' for not doing the actual legwork and checking the image properly. And I note you have now backed away from the 'CMYK' claim. Wise. But really you should acknowledge your errors and admit them...

The following 1st is one of several pics I took and the 2nd are similiare crafts...

Yes, similar featureless blobs taken on crap cameras, that show nothing useful. Yes, a PERFECT match!!!

But let's look at them, there's more to this than meets the eye...
i71.photobucket.com...
I have no idea what all that is supposed to prove. Suffice to simply observe that THERE IS NO POINT ENLARGING BLURRED IMAGES BEYOND ACTUAL-PIXEL SIZE. You merely add false detail. That's one of the first things you will learn if you actually bother to educate yourself about digital images.

Image A

A 'sighting' from Indiana in 2007 - tiny, low quality images showing what appear to be streetlights. The colours are not like that in the OP, having a much stronger Blue component, and lower Green, eg RGB 209/104/56. Hilariously, note that BOTH OF THE IMAGES PRESENTED THERE SHOW THE DOUBLE IMAGE EFFECT - you can clearly see the brightest lights creating a fainter double image to the right. Could this be the same camera and photographer??

Image B

California, 2007. Is the OP in a time warp? Even worse image, stupidly enlarged, and brightened to way beyond common sense - amorphous blobs, bright yellow, again not even close to being a colour match to the OP, eg RGB 206/212/64.

Image C:

Bravo!! I was so hoping you would pick one of these, an example that proves my point about how ludicrous these UFO 'investigative' sites are.. At first glance it seemed pretty flamin' obvious that this is a picture of a streetlamp, motion blurred (and probably out of focus as well). But hey, read the description, and the author says that he has verified there were no streetlamps there. ... Oh REALLY???? It took just thirty seconds to Google Earth the location and look around... Here are the streetlights that are dotted all along that road:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e44a9a8e7e6c.jpg[/atsimg]

Note the characteristic bend in the pole - now look at the 'funnel' - it bends exactly where the streetlamps bend. It's not a flamin' funnel, it's a blurred streetlamp, and either the website or the poster was lying.

What a travesty. They call that 'investigation'?
But I now concede - it's another picture of a streetlamp, so yes, that one is just like yours...

I'm losing the will to live at this point - how can these sites be so bloody awful at what they do??? - I'm not bothering with the next one - if anyone ELSE thinks it is compelling, let me know.

So, no it doesn't suffice. It all backs up what I said all along.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Shame,

Can't we leave the poor guy alone.

I am starting to feel bad for him.

He saw what he saw, so let's just leave it at that. The guy has been bashed and flamed over several pages, and I am starting to really feel sorry for him.

VVV

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Leaving no stone unturned, and solving another case..!

I got a little bored and took a look at the last example provided by 2ndseed, namely:
www.ufosnw.com...
(I've linked directly to the best images..)

Now you'll notice that you can see faint star trails in the top image. Ahah! says I, because there is this little known forensic art called 'astrometry'.

What is astrometry?

I'm glad you asked. It is an Open Source methodology that allows you to submit an image containing a pattern of several stars for analysis. The system looks at your image, then uses some clever programming and lots of computer grunt to find a matching pattern in the published star charts. The clever thing is that it won't give false positives (if in doubt it tells you that), and works on reversed images, images taken at an angle, etc..

Anyway, I provided that image for analysis, and the results were quickly returned, and I have annotated them to the image:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9b02f852f49.jpg[/atsimg]

(The little tail on Venus is obviously a bump to the camera, most likely from mirror slap at the start of the capture.)

Anyone can now verify this, using any planetarium software, eg Stellarium. Tell it the location (30 miles east WNW of LA), the date and time (2005/11/28, near dusk) then scroll to the SW, find Venus, and zoom in to match the f-o-v of a Canon D60 with 210mm lens (about 5-6 degrees). Tadaaah! (51 and 52 Sgr are labelled h1 and h2 Sgr in some star catalogues.

Science at work. It's VENUS. There's two 'cases' solved with quite simple analysis...
Not only that, but the analysis is repeatable and verifiable. Passes all the tests...

If anyone has any questions about how I went about this, in more detail, just ask.

Added PS - a post back, I said these images were all taken on crap cameras - that was before i saw the last one. The D60 is an oldish camera, but it is a good one. So I apologise for that misrepresentation, and the slur upon the Canon D60..

edit on 26-9-2010 by CHRLZ because: I pawpusefully added the PS.. and corrected the direction from LA

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Shame,
Can't we leave the poor guy alone.I am starting to feel bad for him.He saw what he saw, so let's just leave it at that.The guy has been bashed and flamed over several pages & I am starting to really feel sorry for him.

VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep.....

Actually, I think 2ndSeed might be learning a lot from this.

I know I pick up something new nearly every time CHRLZ posts on here.

He knows his stuff!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hi maybe,

There is no doubt that Chlrz know his stuff, he makes a very impressive presentation. And you too mate, seem to know your stuff.

I would love you guys to analyze my UFO pics if i ever can snap one. I am also learning alot from these posts, and read them all.

I just feel for this guy, 2nd seed is really getting it from all sides.

VVV

edit on 26-9-2010 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: to fix a obvious mistake that may cause an out of context quote

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep.....

I just feel this guy, 2nd seed is really getting it from all sides.

Yup.....

I understand what you mean.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
VVV, I do appreciate your comments, and I understand how you feel. I am certainly guilty of being a little abrupt at times..

We walk a pretty fine line here - the site is supposedly about denying ignorance and trying to weed out the unknown from the known. But people (myself included) can get very defensive and be rather hurt when their images or videos are criticised, or shown to not be what they had hoped.

It's happened to me too, but when it does, I try my best to learn what went wrong, and then make sure that I do better next time. Part of that process of learning (and I've been at it for abut 40 years!) has been a realisation that the vast majority of ufo sightings are pretty easily explained. I can now modestly say that my knowledge of lens flares, imaging artefacts and anomalies, photographic principles like motion blur and bokeh, atmospheric phenomena, all coupled with an intense interest in astronomy, image forensics and general science gives me a pretty wide range of experience to call upon - most things I can recognise very quickly. As a pretty avid sky watcher, there also isn't much up there that surprises me these days...

The problem arises when someone sees something, then races in to grab the camera, then returns and films.. something/ANYthing to back up what they initially perceived. And I suspect that sometimes, what they filmed is not in fact what they might have seen. Then there are the situations when people look at the images they have taken and see something they didn't see when they actually took the image. In both of these circumstances, the human brain is intensely clever at simply making the stuff it sees in the images align with your memories... It 'fixes' your memories - it's not lying, it is genuine belief! Ask any experienced lawyer - witness testimony is way overrated, and if someone has a motive, the story can become reality to them.

It's normal, not a criticism! Yet people get very upset when we point out things that don't add up in the recollections, and we become the evil debunkers. I'm not evil, I just have very high standards! (as far as ufo's go
) and I don't like bunk, even if it is genuinely believed bunk! If you show me a bad photograph and tell me a story that doesn't quite match it.. Well, I'm sorry, but you don't have much but a story.

So, what's my point? Don't really have one.
But I do apologise if I sometimes sound harsh.

Finally, I would hasten to add - when someone listens to the criticism and then tries to apply what they have learned, I am *immensely forgiving*. I really do hope 2ndseed takes this all on the chin and LEARNs from it, and then comes back with something more worthwhile. Although i have to admit that this is one of the few sad cases that even the best techniques won't help all that much with that awful camera!

Heck, if he lived nearby and I was convinced he would apply the techniques, I would donate him one of my old cameras..

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

Oh...sorry about that. I left my UFO stationary outside. I hate when that happens. Now it's going to get all dirty. And it was so cute too...all red with little ships all over it. Now how am I going to make contact with my pen pal?!

OOPS It's "stationery" not "stationary.

tt

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Tsk tsk....
If It was just words you would require a video or even a picture but to the extent of seeing how blind some people really are and stuck inside a box, that's a tough one on them.

Anyhow for those in here that are still with me as far as the video and Pics go lets set them aside and I can give you my testimony.

The time was 2:28am 09-22-2010 CDT, my bedroom window is facing due west and as I so happen to look out the window staring directly west of it, I seen what looked like a RED STAR, it was stationary and just above the tree level and for a second or so it started to emmit a Red light coming from 4 points of it, it paused for a good 8 seconds or so then it repeated it seemed to be mimicking a star when all of a sudden white lights shot of it all around like a light show, it did this for like 4 seconds then stopped and remained lit red.

As I watched it for a half a minute and observing so that I don't get excited I made sure it wasn't a plane or helicopter when all of a sudden it moved about two fingers left/south (extend you hand and point a finger to get a idea) anyhow suddenly I knew it wasn't a stationary object nor stAr and started to get exicted.

I jump on here and Posted this very "*******", thread hoping someone, anybody near me was on ATS and could be of a darn witness to what I was viewing.

I grab my camera and without freaking shoes nor socks ran outside, for the sake of all the people that would care, so with camera in hand I began filming. The object was so red yet in the view finder I didn't see it so I kept shooting away as I knew with my eyes where it was.

It was a good 3 to 5 minutes more when it started moving and moving it did, I thought I was recording it all and as I proceeded the object was moving south/east and it was moving on a steady pace, (No sound) just moved smoothly through the sky. No flashing no noise and all the sudden the sound of my camera alerts (camera shut offs) dang, what to do? Yeah, I know what your thinking, (YEAH RIGHT!) Now go figure...

Anyhow before I know it there in the sky is a shiloette of a huge and when I say huge, I mean it was very very large object with about 6 to 8 lights/orbs in front of it hovering in motion just over the little lake here and like 10 to 20 feet above the tree line.

This object was just passing by like a giant bus in the sky and just kept heading toward the south when I lost it.
I then realized what the heck am I seeing, what am i doing out here with no shoes? Geez: no planes, no cars, no people, no witnesses no darn pets woofing, seemed like time was still... I ran back to my house which was now a good 200 feet away.

Honestly I feel this thing UFO/ or secret craft knew I was watching and it watched me. When I got to the house I felt I got sufficent footage and pics but and thats a freaking big let down to myself all I had was 4 pictures and one measly short video,which I know part of it was the dang street that part I believe I thought i shut the camera off anyhow I apologize for the masses that I let you down but believe me and no matter how many jerks bash me I am sharing the truth... (The Key is "Never get too excited, when attempting to capture a UFO)

For three times in 9 days I have witness thimgs and I trully believe the majority of you's will also soon enough! They are here and weather it's man made or not these objects are not going no where. 2 nights ago I seen them again (4 this time) but not until I get a new camera am I even going to attempt to show U pictures or footage, I hate to told Im cring wolf !!!!! Pont said!

edit on 28-9-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2010 by 2ndSEED because: Typo correction....

edit on 28-9-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join