It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO NOW.... PLease in ILLINOIS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The first time i seen the MET-LIFE blimp flying at night (which parks at Dupage airport between St.Chas. and West Chicago) i thought it was a UFO. It has a drape of lights on the side which make geometric shapes and sometimes advertisments. Drive over to the airport in the daytime and see if it is parked there. i've seen it several times at night and i think they purposely try to make it look like a UFO, they'll shut off the lights and turn' em on again, and display crazy patterns on the side...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
ROFL

omfg are you serious.
what the frell!

stop wasting time.
you nooobs wake up.

10 second clip and 2 images.
oh bad luck you had a cellphone with no sdcard
you show a light and a pole. and another light.
you even pan upward. from teh ground
if you knew u only had 10 seconds. wtf u waste 1/2 the time lookin at the ground

get outa here.

also. you are a joke for attempting to put this garbage on the net.
it better be 300dpi at least. especially at night.
low exposure get the best depth image u can get

not this garbage. 640X480 . plus a blown up 176X122 10 second 13.9 fps (128kbps) .3gp file.

lol

if your seroiusly seeing this ufo
and you look @ your own footage.
all hype aside. you know how it looks dont you

edit on 23/9/2010 by Ashyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

Couldn't you have walked past the street light?

It has so much glare, it obscures the object. If you see it again, please stay away from street lights whilst filming. Please

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Fair play for trying. I dont think you're going to get an explanation here, just criticism. I'd say take it as experience for future sightings & dont be put off by all the 'I would've done this' & 'this is rubbish' but keep your eyes on the skies. Oh & if you can afford to buy infared cameras, tripod, massive lenses blah blah blah that most on here think everyone 'should' have when they happen to spot something in the sky, buy them.

Best regards

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Oh well, like the old lady said to me she said "Nobodys perfect the first time "......
Shrug off the doubters and nay sayers, and get back out there with a bit more confidence.
If thats the nastiest these *ussies can be.
I am hoping that you really had a true sighting, and betting that if its been three in 9 days that you have a good chance of seeing something again soon.
Check out the sally ann or second hand stores for a cheap but servicable tripod!
These guys ll slay anyone who hasnt the foresight to have one primed and ready for instant ufo shots 24/7.
Nice try but its still too inconcusive to call.Too bad theres no strobe or movement to speak of....nice gif tho!
I find it frustrating as all get out that we have yet to see a shot where one could count the rivets, with all the telephoto gizmos out there in peoples hands.....
I notice that the charity and second hand shops are filled with cast off 35 mm equipment of outstanding quality.
Fort a few bucks one can walk out of the church second hand rumage sales with a 35 mm telephoto cannon or equivalent with lots of bells and whistles.
Id advise anyone who is at all interested in getting a quality ufo pic sometime to look around for one.
For fifty bucks or less(plus cost of the film)You would have a dedicated instrument that is capable of doing what you desire .( producing an intelligeable ufo pic.)as well the negative and origonal photo are hard copy that is far easier to verify than pixilated stuff.
You may also want to become reasonably familiar with your weapon of choice as well before that flyby.......
Just sayin...Good Hunting!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Same thing happened to me last night.

At about 9:00pm I went out to have a smoke. At that time I saw the moon in the sky and just one really bright star under it. Since it's a full moon, and we had tab bit of humidity, that hemisphere of the sky was much brighter from the moon's glow. I looked around and the only area of the sky that I could see multiple stars in was directly opposite of the moon. I didn't think much else about it and just went back inside and did some chores.

It wasn't until about 1:00am that I came back outside and noticed that what I had thought was a star couldn't be. The moon had risen to about the pinnacle in the sky. But, the bright star I had seen early had moved with it. It was sitting at the near identical spot under the moon in which it had been 4 hours earlier. This shouldn't be possible. I went and grabbed my wife's camera (she's a photographer) and I snapped some pics. But, after I snapped about 10 pics I started reviewing them and none of them showed much detail. I tried to mess with the F-stop and aperture, but I didn't have much luck. I only messed it up worse. So, I ended up deleting the pics.

I guess what I saw could have been the ISS, but it had to be huge, or at least in a very, very low orbit. Not sure what it was. Didn't look like any sort of UFO. Just a really bright star. It didn't do any flashing or fancy maneuvering. It just moved at the same speed as the moon across the sky. Which is impossible, unless it's an artificial object in orbit. And that's all I have ... just a story. No proof, though I did try to get some. All it would have been is a washed out picture of the moon with a small dot just below and to the left of it. Sorry guys. I tried. But, posting that pic would have done as much as the pic from the OP.

edit on 23-9-2010 by tyranny22 because: explanation

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

Ok- I live in St. Charles, just west of Randall road. There are no street lights out by where I live so the stars in the sky are real bright out here. The video that you took from 9/13 looks like something my whole family saw. We were swimming on a sunny,cloudless day when my son saw it first. It was a very bright light that just kept popping around the sky in weird angles & then stopping & just hanging there. It was doing this for about 15 minutes. We didn't take any photos or video, but we wish we did. I have no idea what it was, it was just really strange in the sky. By the way my dad is a retired commercial airline pilot....he once told a story of a sighting over Lake Michigan but that's another story......

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I do believe you I had a sighting similar on sep 8 2010 at 19:44hrs in philly shopping mall.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
how do you put pics up here cause I have some???

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

No wasn't not coming at me, wasn't a plane nor chopter, it was west of me stationary for a good 4 minutes, flashed several times, sparkle like a diamond, then dimmed for like 15 seconds until it lit back up and headed southbound over the tree tops toward Geneva where I lost it due to obstructions of distance...

If it appeared to be stationary for a few minutes, then it could have been a plane with its landing lights facing your direction.

The fact that it dimmed just before it appeared to move makes me think it could have been a plane -- i.e. when the plane turns, its landing light is no longer pointed in your direction, so it appears to go dim, and the blinking navigation lights become visible.

I'm not saying this is definitely what you saw, but this is normal when viewing a plane on approach.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
These are the pics....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jenuwine242003

Check this album this is what I saw using my iphone 4

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jenuwine242003

I don't know which Philadelphia shopping mall you meant, but from the King of Prussia Malls, planes on approach to the philly airport are very visible (the airport is about 10 miles from the shopping mall).

From the King of Prussia/Valley Forge area, I have often seen planes on approach to the Philadelphia airport that have the following characteristics:

1.) A bright stationary light (white or light amber colored) -- seeming to "hover" in place for a few minutes. These are planes on approach that are flying more-or-less directly in the direction of the observer.

2.) A bright light that then dims and becomes "Blinky". This is the plane that is coming at the observer either turning or flying past the observer -- the landing light is no longer pointing at the observer, so the blinking navigation lights become more visible.

3.) Three (or more) bright hovering lights (white or light amber) that just one-by-one "appear" and look to be in a triangular formation. These are multiple planes on approach different distances away. They are too far away to see the navigation lights and seem to "appear" when the landing lights are switched on.

edit on 9/23/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a shopping mall down south philly was the location and the light there is a lamp light.. Also when I saw it it was like close enough to see the shape which looked nothing like a airplane or jet and had no noise what so ever at all. There was 2 of them parallel towards each other and when I tried to ride close enough to them with my bike I was they moved towards each other and disappeared in not even a second! If you see the pics you will 2 of them and I was coming out from my gym when I saw this....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Im going to get digital binoculars to get better pictures cause ufo's are now coming to urban areas!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

UFO HOAX Check List:

1.) Low Quality Video Camera ✓
2.) Lowest lighting possible ✓
3.) Shaky, jerky movements with video camera ✓
4.) Build up the Drama, and wait to disclose ALL of your proof until the very end ✓

Yup. It fits the bill. Don't know if it was intentional or not...but this was just B.S.

Nice Video...i love how you completely black it out and make edits instead of posting raw video.

P.S. Your "perspective" video was of a completely different pole with completely different perspective. Why is that?

edit on 23-9-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
C'mon ATS members, this guy did everything he could trying to get some footage of what he was seeing. Give him a break. Of course its not great footage, but let's educate our fellow members instead of trying to run people off the site! We need a team meeting on working together here at ATS...obviously, this isn't directed at the members who offered a helping hand to the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join