It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO NOW.... PLease in ILLINOIS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I was going to post a lengthy analytical post, but then thought I should really ask a 'bigger' question.

2ndseed, if I went through a comprehensive step by step process to look at your images, including astronomy information and photographic information, would you be willing to comply with quite a few requests to:
- supply various bits of information
- take several images with that camera, under some very strict instructions (including some daylight images that show the inside and outside views of the location where you took the originals)
- post all images in original, off the camera, unprocessed state ...?

Would you be willing to go through that process and do what I ask of you, including some follow up requests, if I spot some information that affects my formulation of a proper theory? Some of it may be involved - but none will involve trying to precisely identify your location or anything like that, in case you are concerned at my motives

I'd be quite happy to go through the full process to eliminate the possibilities that you say are incorrect. Plus I would be 100% open with what I am asking you to do, why it is relevant, and how to go about it.

It would cost you nothing but time - about the only thing I can think of that might be required is some blue-tack (is that what you call that sticky putty stuff over there..? And I'm desperately hoping that camera has a self timer..?

You'll even get an apology if my theories are wrong (and they might well be, who knows..?). The final result may still be inconclusive, but I would suggest you will learn a few tricks that will help in future.

If you are going to do this, you must accept that you have to do as asked, and *not* avoid posting anything that may hurt your case. Trust me, I'll be able to spot it if you try to fake it (not that you would, of course)...

Anyway, it's a long shot I know - just thought I'd ask...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This has to be some of the best footage of a street light i have seen

Good to know you're town is keeping the streets lit unlike my city, who knows what could happen in a dark street? Hats go off the the maintenance department and applause.

As for a UFO i do not see a UFO or anything out the norm that would indicate otherwise. I mean i caught some video of a unexplained light and made a report to MUFON but the video is so crappy and like this one it would be pointless to use it in a case of evidence. Perhaps you did see something out the norm however the material provided has no substance to it. I appreciate the passion you have for the subject OP as many of us do. But this is a bust imo.

edit on 29-9-2010 by theMegaladon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMegaladon
This has to be some of the best footage of a street light i have seen

Oh, I dunno. I think my new favorite is one that was brought up earlier: As is quite obvious, here is a 'funnel cloud with a strange light on top':
Link

What hope is there?

I've sent a GE image to the site owner, that shows the light poles that DO run all the way along that road -proving that the person who sent that excrement to them was lying his @$$ off. Strangely, the light poles *exactly* match the profile of the light and the 'bent' funnel cloud. EXACTLY. (Yes, it's NOT a funnel with a light on top, it's a motion blurred light pole - as if anyone needs to be told that...)

He has acknowledged receipt of it, and said he will look into it... I shall be watching to see if he changes his summary of the image...

edit on 29-9-2010 by CHRLZ because: yud think by now i could do urls...

edit on 1-10-2010 by Gemwolf because: Tried to fix italics problem

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hi 2ndSeed,

Haven't been ignoring you. I work alot. I've been checking the skies every nite and haven't been able to see anything. But remember we are still a ways off.

It seems to me that "Chrlz" is maybe someone who can help you with your pictures. I have read all the posts since I last was here and he seems to know something about photography.
Don't get frustrated with the na sayers. If you really believe you have something here of relevance, take what help you can get. I will be around part of the weekend, I will try to keep abreast of your story.

Oh and sorry about theU2U, I was in the dark and hit a wrong button. Didnot mean to ignore you.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ, I think I can do this, I see no problem just gonna need to setup a gallery online since its gonna require a bunch of pics also... As far as details will do, just hang in there.... Time is the key.... I'll send U my email via: U2U provide me so details to this U ask...

Anyhow after I reported this last sighting strange things been of occurance like frequent chopters flying by, small passanger planes flying over my house.

2 shooting stars oh by the way during my time living at this house 2 years+ , I never seen a fireworks show just over the other side of the river then all of a sudden a few days ago.... Call it as it is, just a little input!!!!

edit on 1-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: added video

edit on 1-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by theMegaladon

LOL... its not the street light that this threads about...

Its the object to the right of it, I have witness this object upclose and it trully is a pain explaining away... Either way i have posted 2 other videos prior to this even all within 9 days... The links are within this thread, BTW thanks for the laugh by now its more funny to me getting poked at, perhaps Im loosing it!!!

If you put my thread and the countless reports by individuals throughout the world, these sightings are becoming more frequent... eitherway I'll be on the look out for them as U should also... Just for Ur own sanity

edit on 30-9-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ, I think I can do this, I see no problem just gonna need to setup a gallery online since its gonna require a bunch of pics also... As far as details will do, just hang in there.... Time is the key.... I'll send U my email via: U2U provide me so details to this U ask...

I'm pleasantly surprised! 2ndSEED, I very much appreciate that you are willing to at least have a go at a proper investigation, kudos to you. You just elevated yourself way above many here...

I also appreciate the trust in sending your email, but to be honest, I'd prefer to do everything here on the thread, so it can be a bit of a 'how-to' guide on the things that can (and should) be done to determine what is real, what is astronomical, what is inside the camera or caused by local conditions, and finally.. what is left to investigate. If anything comes up that may be a little offtopic or embarrassing, I'll use that email and you are free to do the same (I've sent you an email so you will have my address also)..

Also, feel free to pull the plug at any time - I won't make a big thing of it if you decide it is all too hard.

First up, a couple of questions.

1. What is the camera? Brand, model and any other information, including how old it is and whether it has any known faults (eg those little bright dots that appear in dark images, and jump into view as you zoom..). Then I can look up exactly what it's specifications are, and not ask you to do anything it can't!

2. Referring to the initial 2 images, were you indoors or on a verandah or outdoors when you took them, and was there a window/flyscreen/outdoor pvc windshield/etc in front of you? Later I may ask you to take a shot looking back at the place from which you were shooting, preferably with someone standing where you would have been (they can cover their face!).

That'll do for a start.. BTW, do you have access to a better camera, either still or video?
(Just a little side tip while on this topic.. if anyone is considering buying a camera for ufo work, the absolute killer is the ability to focus on infinity. Autofocus (even on high end cameras) is USELESS for this stuff. Better cameras have manual focus, so if you can get one with that, do so. But if you are restricted to lesser cameras, at least make sure it has an Infinity focus setting - not all that many do, but it is worth its weight in gold. More images have been wrecked by being out of focus than any other factor (although blur from shakily held images comes in a close second).

Just so you are prepared, the next thing I will be asking about is exactly what direction you were facing, and I'd like to get that verified by you accessing a street directory...

I quite liked your little video, although that camera certainly leaves a little to be desired... But I gotta ask - I'm in shock - did you buy a tripod??? Bravo, whatever method you used. It was .. STEADY. That's unheard of hereabouts!

ADDED
PS - I have a busy weekend comin' up, so my posting may be sporadic, sorry. don't take it personally!

edit on 1-10-2010 by CHRLZ because: if you can't work it out, im not tellin

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hi 2ndseed

Well tonight our skies are filled with clouds. So can't see much, but I am keeping my eye on the western hem.

It seems that chrlz has been helping you, I hope that is going good.

Good luck. I watching.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hey 2ndseed

How ya doing on the pic's. I've been watching as much as I can. Tonite is not a good nite. But last nite I was able to pick out some significate star structures. And Wow did you see that moon, I thought at first it was kinda strange when I say it at 2am it seemed to be lower that usual, but then I thought about where we were in the season, and it seemed to fit the time. Again St Charles is still a bit of ways from me, but if there is something flying around up there I may get a glimps of it. Keeping my my eyes open.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Crappiekat,
Its going good but geez its been cloudy as U know lately and its been tough to maintain a lookout, been outside routinely and my fiance' is starting to think Im obsessed!

Never knew something like this (seeing the craft) can really effect one's habits, like sleeping and concentration but overall Im okay.... Thanks for asking and I appreciate you being a 2nd pair of eyes around these parts.

Yes the moon did look crazy 3 nights ago, it looked like the top half was gone and the lower half was huge in the sky, stranglt eerie indeed wouldve been a great pic just don't think my camera will show justice. Did U see the fireworks I posted on here if U look at em a bit, they kinda look cartoonish, Im gonna have to get me a better camera as soon as I can.

Well crappiekat if U look up into the sky roughly around 8:20ish stare up for a while. For I've seen on several occasion where out of know where lights lite up and tend to move and then fade but are trackable as the move then the move a tab more either on a "L" dirrection before the position theirselves in a staionary position, normally just next tp a visible star.

I tried recording them but my camera isn't up to par. Maybe when the skies are clearer U can observe just east of your location at about 70 degree.

edit on 2-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: corrected mispelling... I hope so

edit on 2-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

rEmoved

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Hey CHRLZ,

1.The Camera is a (VIVITAR; Vivicam 8690) It is about 3 months old. there is like a arrow or some kind of dot just a tab offcenter to the lower right, not sure if
a defect or a refrence item within the camera.
The camera does zoom and has vaious settings I can adjsut.

2.Both the videos and pictures were taken outside, (Speaking of video and pics (not intended to U) but just for the record, if this was a glare why would the video and pictures both have the object i seen at
exact position?)

No, no window/flyscreen/outdoor pvc windshield/etc in front of me during taking the pictures or video.

3. The picture included is the spot where I took the pics/video from... excuse the family they were a lil photogentic... LOL (HOLLOWEEN IS ALMOST HERE)

Oh since you asked, no new camera and no tripod of yet but I do have a little latter and I placed the camera on top of it,
being a little innovated, I guess....

A:

At this distance the far left would represent the distance I view it flahing and acting as in the .gif
Note: actual snippet from video.

B:

At this distant this picture along with 3 more were taken.

C:
At this point ((B: also being C: ) what was a red globe of light became a black craft with white florecsent lights in the front and a few in the center, along with the lights in the middle i seen what seemed like a oval/sphere like shilloette heading south bound, beyond reasons I yet can't determined I was not able to catch the close up, real set back for myself!!!!

I watched as it just hovered silent it was as everything else around was also quiet. I lost track of it over the trees to I moved to position D; so then to take a look since it was clear of trees and it felt eerie walking close to the lake as I approcahed the spot now this spot is frequeny with ducks but thats another story I ran off back to the house. Scared just like a kid scared of the dark!!!

Note: If you see the fireworks video, these streets are frequently used by vehicles and at the time of the sighting, No cars, no people, no planes or even buggs in sight, it was eerie feeling and what came through my mind was, Geeez what if, just what if something happens to me, who would even know what happened!!! Really this is trully messed up, com'on somebody around here had to see something or knows something, how does one ask the neighbors without being looked like a loon?

edit on 2-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: added pics

edit on 3-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: typo corrections

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Thanks 2ndseed, that is all really useful. I shall digest it and get back to you. I confess to being a little distracted by another case right now, but I shall return, probly Mon night (Oz time).

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Since I been bashed left and right and some even said it's a reflection, I made this video so that those whom stated I need to prove my evidence, my own research and so forth, this one is for you. I seen what I seen...Little by little the sightings are growing world wide....

Funny how TFIP attempt to cover the truth, alot of shaddy stuff happening around here lately, just 20 minutes ago a drone passed over the house with a constant light, it sounded like a toy plane heading N/W, it did continue a distance until I lost sight of it and no longer was herd....
edit on 6-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: added video

edit on 6-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't been back yet - things got a little hectic elsewhere..

Just a quick point - you are correct in that most lens flares move around as the camera is gyrated. And the reason is simple - those flares are happening within the lens, and of course most of the lens elements are curved. So not only do the flares move in that way, they are also distorted into odd shapes, or made larger or smaller than the actual object (as well as being many times less bright).

However, a reflection off a flat surface, eg a window, does not do that. It can remain in a constant position.

And then it gets trickier, because inside a typical digital camera, there is at least one, more likely 2 or 3 flat glass elements in front of the sensor, and possibly one or two more in front of the lens to protect it, maybe even one more used as an ND filter to control exposure, and so on. Flares (more properly referred to as reflections) off those behave quite differently.

I'm not saying that yours is necessarily in that category, but you can't dismiss it by showing the more typical type of lens flare.

And also don't confuse people who wish to eliminate all the possibilities other than alien spacecraft before getting carried away, with evil disruptive forces... Speaking for myself, I want to be sure that the object being shown is actually something worthy of investigation before wasting my time.

Be back later.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Hey CHRLZ, great analyzing.... Im glad you are very informative and I will be patient for it is within you that the truth will be found, I wasn't directing anything toward you...Its for the random few....

FYI: I look foward hearing from you and I have learn pleanty from u, infact it was from you that I learned that I should snap pics while filming and also to find a structure to be used as a refrence, for size, distance and such.
Like the 2nd sighting I had on 9-13-2010.

Thanks for helping analyze my footage....
edit on 6-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Thanks 2nd..

Just to start up, can I ask you to take four images. Leave your camera set to Auto or normal (although I suspect you have no choice!). The images are:

- one taken at night, from the exact same position as your op pic, showing the streetlamp at the same location in the frame. If you have to zoom to match it, can you let me know exactly how far you zoomed..

- one taken in daylight, exactly as above.

For those two images, can you ensure the camera is dead steady when the images is taken (yes, even the daylight one? A good way to do that is to use something like your ladder, and a big chunk of blu-tac - that chewing-gum-ish stuff used to stick up posters. Jam the camera into it (obviously in a area where it won't go into any plugholes or anything!) If your camera has a self timer, use it - set the camera up perfectly, then set the timer and stand back.

Then I'd like to see another (different) streetlamp at night, and this time, can you put the streetlamp to the left side of the image, take a shot, then to the right, and another shot. It would be good if the streetlamp was a different colour, but doesn't matter that much.

During all this, if you happen to be lucky enough to have an aircraft passing through the frame, do include it!

I know you have done some of this in your video, but I'd like to see stills - humour me! These are just to get some baseline info about flares, general resolution, and color accuracy. I don't need full-resolution, exif intact versions, reduced ones will be fine. If the full-res ones might be important I'll tell you, so please keep the images for at least a little while.

Can I also ask, what brand/model information is there on the camera? Are there any numbers/letters on the lens? If so, can you let me know what they are? Lastly, if you look at the front of the lens, is it curved, or does it have a flat piece of glass/plastic over it?

Thanks! No hurry...

PS, may i strongly recommend that blu-tac trick - the cheap no-brand stuff is fine for this (just don't get it near the lens - it's greasy!) , buy yourself a big chunk! It's also really useful for videos at night, as you can still slowly pan the camera around while it is stuck in it, and it remains nice and steady... Works on car roofs, tree branches, etc... Also, I know it's tempting to use the digital zoom, but please try NOT to. Opitical zoom is fine, but if it is purely a digital zoom, all the camera does is guess at (make up) new pixels. And the camera has to do it on the fly, so the algorithm used is nowhere near as good as something you can do yourself afterwards, say in a program like XNView. ('Lanczos' is a very good - and free - algorithm, for those interested). But remember that enlarging beyond pixel size (ie beyond 100%) is always guessing, so avoid it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Seems genuine also the people are specting a d footage like, that´s never gonna happen till they decide to show up the big way
Most people have other activities besides UFO PIC_TAKING which are: washing the dishes, taking babys poo poo out, making a nice shhi tty in the bathroom, cooking for the family, changing that door that has wrecked, etc etc that´s why the one´s who could see UFOs can´t always bring HD quality viedo or pics by the way
Here´s a video that shows something amazing and great quality if not a hoax, which i don¨t have the qualification to decide

www.youtube.com...

bye and good pics, congratulations

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath
Seems genuine also the people are specting a d footage like, that´s never gonna happen

Why? I accept your point that most people have lives... However... there are literally *thousands*, nay hundreds of thousands of serious photographers and skywatchers out there. Amateur astronomers, people like me who carry a reasonably decent camera with them almost all the time. I spend a LOT of time outdoors at night, and I see plenty of interesting stuff. Venus, Jupiter, high flying aircraft, low flying aircraft, aircraft on approach coming towards my location and peeling off to land, helicopters on traffic or crime control, military jets, satellites, the ISS, Hubble, Shuttle, sundogs, sunset lit contrails, meteors, bolides and fireballs, etc.

When I was a youngster (long ago) I found many of them strange and initially unidentifiable. As I've grown older and learnt about what is up there and what it looks like at various angles and in different circumstances, less and less of it is unidentifiable...

And my camera is always nearby!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

Thanks for poting the video. looks kool... Although it doesn't really represent what I seen... Kinda close but really isn't The object i seen was more of a squareish when upclose, black and I would like to say and amber light streaking through the middle of it a orbe actually i posted a drawing of what i seen upclose. And as CHRLZ stated, I myself now carry my camera everywhere, no matter where, work, store and next to me when I go to bed.... The odds of this are highly against us all and U have to be ready.....

CHRLZ im working on those pics for U just snap daylight ones of the pole and one down the street as U asked Im waiting for the SOL to set so that darkness creeps over..... Its a beauty evening sure hope tonite brings em' booogers out!!! Has anybody seen those Human multilations from 1988? Wow thats creepy, trust me I will run before I get stunned.... TTYS

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join