It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Budweiser Commercial 9/11 Tribute

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by SaturnFX

blahblah. thanks for proving mypoint.

Oh andyou donthave to tell me how marketing works, Im quite aware thank you very much.

You just took this personal for some stupid reason. ITIS A COMMERCIAL. COMMERCIALS ADVERTISE.

WOW. What a concept.

Thanks for the insightful retort...I find the second blah to be especially powerful.

but at least we are in agreement...this has little do to with some sort of respectful gesture towards the tragedy and simply a marketing scam to hock products.

thanks for playing.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Im still waiting......

ask and ye shall recieve...you had to wait a couple minutes because I put thoughts into my post...with the thinking thing and the brain and whatnot.

You should do that more often.

All I asked was give me one.

Youstill have yetto do that. You dont need to think too hard. Im sure you can find something on youtube. Come on Pal! You can do it!

why are you asking me to do what is clearly against what I am saying.

all advertising is to advertise...what I am saying is some advertising is in poor taste. Sorry if you cannot comprehend that at all.

The point of this thread is that Bud put out this wonderful commercial that was not for personal gain...I objected to that, calling it for what it was...a advertisment in poor taste to brainwash people just a little bit more.

You need to prove if anything that its not in bad taste, or that advertisments dont mean to advertise...you stated "like they need to advertise to sell beer", meaning its you that is suggesting they did this not to push their products, but rather because they are filled with loving hippies verses ruthless plotting corporate marketing snakes

now I am waiting...come on...what...not done yet?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

blahblah. thanks for proving mypoint.

Oh andyou donthave to tell me how marketing works, Im quite aware thank you very much.

You just took this personal for some stupid reason. ITIS A COMMERCIAL. COMMERCIALS ADVERTISE.

WOW. What a concept.

Thanks for the insightful retort...I find the second blah to be especially powerful.

but at least we are in agreement...this has little do to with some sort of respectful gesture towards the tragedy and simply a marketing scam to hock products.

thanks for playing.

little to do with respectful gesture>?
THE WHOLE VIDEO was the horses marching from down southor wheverever the hellthey were at, all the way to New York to pay their respects, and a 2 second clip of the budweiser logo at the end(which they always do).

I think some ofyou people are taking this WAY out ofcontext, for what reason, I dontknow. But the whole commercial was respectful in nature.

BUT, itis a commercial, and they DO ADVERTISE. Thats the whole point, is it not?
What could the horses have done to be more respectful in your eyes? haha

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Yea like Budweiser really needs to put their name up there to sell beer, you people are unbelievable.
regardless if they put their name on there or not,should not take away from the message.

And that message is...buy our beer.

just wanted to bring this bit to page 2 so you don't forget what you wrote in page 1..

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Ok. what about ALL OF THOSE VIDEOS on the internet using 9-11 to get HITS on their site...SUCH AS THIS ONE ?

SAME THING.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Ok. what about ALL OF THOSE VIDEOS on the internet using 9-11 to get HITS on their site...SUCH AS THIS ONE ?
SAME THING.

Can you direct me to a single example of anyone employed by ATS posting a 9/11 video with the intent of generating profit?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

NO S*** it is to buy beer, its from BUSWEISER.

WTF? Stating the obvious now?

Is there something wrong about paying tribute to a tragedy instead of getting a bunch of fools together and act like morongs on t.v to promote their product?

Hmm lets see.

should we A. spend our money for a commercial with a bunch of morons in it..
or B. spendour money to pay tribute to those victims?

real tough choice

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

little to do with respectful gesture>?
THE WHOLE VIDEO was the horses marching from down southor wheverever the hellthey were at, all the way to New York to pay their respects, and a 2 second clip of the budweiser logo at the end(which they always do).

So you then agree that it would be wise for any and all companies to use tragedys to "show respect" then?

you never did answer that...the strippers, the condoms, used cars, etc...it would all be, in your eyes, just respectful gestures?

your missing the point entirely...so...lets just say...nevermind. you just dont get what is being said here...the commercial should simply not have been made...as a previous poster suggested, if Bud wanted to capitalise on the whole issue, best to have films of someone giving beers to returning troops...that would be appreciated (lord knows they need a beer after going through all that).

I wonder if a oven manufacture should do a respectful piece on the jewish holocast.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

ATS itself generates profit from ADVERTISERS who use this website as a means to gain profit.

You try to tellme that this commercial is doing this, this website is NO DIFFERENT and neither are any of those"truth" videos (who might I add, make a profit).

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

should we A. spend our money for a commercial with a bunch of morons in it..
or B. spendour money to pay tribute to those victims?

And in a meeting with corporate, the question will be asked "Which avenue will produce the maximum results of furthering our product.

obviously shoving their product in the place of great turmoil as a hint of how to deal with a tragedy is a winning idea...no doubt, and again, that is not the argument here...I fully and completely understand their decision and any companies decision to exploit every single disaster.

I am simply debating the humanity of the issue, and how if such things become acceptable, all things become open for little more than commercial opportunities

This war brought to you by pepsi

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

You say I am missingyour point. Which Im not.
YES, companies use these types of events to generate profits.

My point is-
ALL COMPANIES/WEBSITES/PRODUCTS/MANUFACTUREERS do.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

ATS itself generates profit from ADVERTISERS who use this website as a means to gain profit.

So, in other words ATS is like the network that sold advertising time to Busch and not the creator of the content involved.

I don't see anyone bagging on the network here, just the company that made the advert.

You try to tellme that this commercial is doing this, this website is NO DIFFERENT and neither are any of those"truth" videos (who might I add, make a profit).

I think in the above statement I did just that.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

My point is-

mhmm, many do.
and my response to such company is simply
they are slimy dirtballs whom would slap their logo on Jesus as he was being crusified if they had the opportunity.

The most respect a company can do in the face of a tragedy is simply to be quiet for once...a commercial, however moving, is never respect...it is just selling out a bit of the soul of the nation to push their crap.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

lol. So wait a minute.

Budweiser spends its OWN MONEY to make a commercial to pay tribute to victims of 911. And they are the bad guys.

But ATS,ect..SELLS ADVERTISING SPACE(making a profit) to lets say (Loose change or whoever has the cash) and all of the sudden its OK and MORAL?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

My point is-

mhmm, many do.
and my response to such company is simply
they are slimy dirtballs whom would slap their logo on Jesus as he was being crusified if they had the opportunity.

The most respect a company can do in the face of a tragedy is simply to be quiet for once...a commercial, however moving, is never respect...it is just selling out a bit of the soul of the nation to push their crap.

Would you spend your own money to make a commercial to honor people who died on 911? (if you had the money to do so)?

I am not saying that these corporations are not using these types of events to promote themselves(its obvious they are) I never have, I simply stated that I see nothing wrong with the commercial. I thought it was a classy commercial.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

lol. So wait a minute.

Budweiser spends its OWN MONEY to make a commercial to pay tribute to victims of 911. And they are the bad guys.

But ATS,ect..SELLS ADVERTISING SPACE(making a profit) to lets say (Loose change or whoever has the cash) and all of the sudden its OK and MORAL?

You're a tad emotional... Breathe for a second!

Budweiser is responsible for the content of their ads. Not NBC or CBS or MTV or any other entity.

If I own a billboard and I rent it to you I am not responsible for the content that you choose to put upon it, aside from issues of legality. If you use the billboard to put up an ad that people don't appreciate, it is NOT my fault, nor can the ad, nor the reaction, be linked to me.

The network - or ATS is only sells canvas, or, more specifically bandwidth. What advertisers transmit through that bandwidth is all on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join