It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Barring Food Makers from Advertising Products as GMO-Free

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hey I've got a crazy theory for you guys. This is my first posting to this site.

What if the government is fully aware of the dangers of the modifications to the food, the chemicals in the water, the chemtrails in the air, the dangers in the drugs etc. What if they're doing it FOR the people. Lets say that the government has knowledge of a plot to enslave the population by an alien race. This race is into our DNA, blood, etc, and the government is doing what they're doing, working as hard as they can, to make sure that each and every person on the planet has these hidden defects from the food, water, air, etc, so that these aliens don't/ can't use/control/consume our bodies. You know, the lesser of to evils.... You can either eat modified foods, and have major health issues as an adult, hate the government for monopolizing the food industry, and die young.......OR become a slave or dinner for some ET's. Simple choice I think......

Just a crazy thought....... what do you think?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
THOSE C%@^# S@^$#%@# M@%#$@ F@#%$#@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FDA ??? Are we talking about the same organization that wanted to have Vitamins classified as drugs so they were only available with a prescription ??

This angers me beyond belief, the fact that people arent up in arms about this is even that much more disturbing. The FDA does this because people allow them to, it's that simple.

The corporations clearly have them in their pockets, this is absoloute proof. Yet what does Lazy Apathetic America do about it ???

" Uuuuuhhhhh, let's go ahead and supersize that

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Solution.

Whatever they make Illegal to put on there, put something similar but not what they said was illegal.

So Ex: You can't put that this product contains GMO. But they don't say that you can't call it something else.

Be an American and come up with some Slang for GMO or call it Modified Genetic Organism or MGO ....

Since MGO won't be in the bill......places are free to report MGO on their labels...

Problem solved.

Is it that easy or are the people running this country that dumb ?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Still have to be careful now that the FDA has determined that a strawberry is not an "organism". I can sort of understand their point on "Hormone Free" milk. The labelling should have been "No Artificial Hormones".

The rest of it I think the FDA is making up as they go along.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Gee whiz, they're not even trying to fly "under the radar" anymore, it's all blatant and in our faces! Somebody, somewhere is feeling pretty confident about the way their NWO is unfurling, it seems.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here is a list of all verified products:
www.nongmoproject.org...

Welcome to the Non-GMO Project
The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit collaboration of manufacturers, retailers, processors, distributors, farmers, seed companies and consumers.

Our shared belief is that everyone deserves an informed choice about whether or not to consume genetically modified products, and our common mission is to ensure the sustained availability of non-GMO choices

www.nongmoproject.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How lucky I am that I live in EU.

Well we have this problem too, but we definitely don't have it in such large scale. Certainly US is trying to force us too to use GM food, but we will fight against it and let Americans be guinea bigs.
The biggest thing against GM food is it's impact on environment mixing with other species, other question is how stable gene really is in a plant.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
How is the NWO going to be able to successfully feed the peasants their "soft kill" GMO foods if the peasants are able to avoid the GMO foods by reading the food labels?

Solution: Don't allow food growers to label their food as GMO-Free

Result: Peasants are uninformed, population is slowly culled.

On target, harrytuttle! There is a global agenda. The culling started many years ago, but they are now increasing the pace, shutting down avenues of escape. Poisoned food, poisoned water, poisoned air.

They started irradiating some fresh foods (like apples) at least 15 years ago to withstand long storage. Even the greengrocers were kept in the dark. We're lied to a lot. Try this simple test: buy two apples, one organic and one from an ordinary supermarket. Set both out at room temperature. The organic apple will decay rapidly. The supermarket apple can be left out for months before decay shows.

Bon Appetit.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
my fear is that we don't know the long term effects of meddling with natures plans. let's say we eventually only use gmo seeds and everything goes good for a few generations and no one worries. well then lets say eventually all of the gmo foods become sterile or have no usable seeds. lets say someday all of the gmo seeds began to stop fruiting all together. this is just a theory but the truth is we really don't know the effects of this on the plants themselves or on the people who consume them. would you want to eat a genetically modified animal? maybe a cloned cow? would you let someone mess with your genetics? but of course no one cares about things like this, they are too busy checking out whats gonna be on tv tonight and deciding what kind of fast food to feed their fat ignorant family.

edit on 21-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

I have thought of this as well.. for example, we have thousands of years of experience behind cooking and mixing foods. Now we have mutated the foods and hopscotched the gradual learning curve. A whole host of unknowns have entered the system. How am I to know that baking corn bread from GMO corn at 450 with jalepenos and smoked chedder blended in will now not create a dealy toxin that will accumulate in my sytem?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What else is new, the FDA along with other so called consumer protection agencies have been bought and sold by big businss. Advertsing or not I only buy organic not GMO food and do check the source of where it's coming from, I hope all of you do the same, it is the only way we can put a hole in big food business, send a clear message by putting your money where your mouth is, we already know the FDA isn't protecing us.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
if all you got is a couple cans of spray paint or a couple sharpies thats all you really need. maybe people would pay attention if they see the words NO GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOODS spraypainted right across the front of their local grocery chain.

I am very angry at where our world is heading food-wise
However what you are describing is vandalism, and most people would prefer not to listen to vandalists i'm sure.

You will only trivialize your message by doing this.

Rather start a community of people, have a little budget and somehow collect donations to pay for print ads, paper flyers to hand out in the streets and so on.

That would be much more efficient than landing in lock up.

These people are trying to kill us with their GMO foods. Vandalism is the least we can do to fight against all this. I say do it. Spray paint your messages across stores, etc. Organize a community of people who go around spray painting supermarket walls, or the manufacturer's walls. They try to kill us with their GMO foods, and the most you can think of is handing out flyers to people? People have already done this. Maybe WITH the flyers, ads, etc., we should use graffiti. That way, even people who don't look at the flyers or the ads will still see the message! Plus, let us not forget that nobody takes flyers and ads seriously... believe me. A dramatic graffiti painted in caps across the entrance of a supermarket gets people's attention... believe me. Okayyyy stunnar buy okay bronson almost a beard okay okay yea okay okay okay lol okay yea okay buy

edit on 21-9-2010 by Fangula because: ok u r bronson ok i am guna getcha coz u r leik rilly dum an im kon so u beter watch owt tuch of hertniss distints on u lol okay okay yea okay okay all hail fangula okay salute okay yea okay kon stunnar brownsun almost a beard okay yea okay kon okay buy lol ok

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Damn, I'm not even an US citizen and that pissed ME off. WTF dude. That's messed up to the tenth power. What is said is that most of my family are sheeples. I remember how I was talking over a dinner about Monsanto, the codex alimentarium, how they are shutting down the small farmer, etc. ANd they all think I am paranoid and exagerating.

That's sick, sad and screwed up.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is sickening! In more than one way. Lets petition to have their name "Modified". I thought of a few changes.

Food
D.n.a
Annihilators

Farm
Disease
Addicts

For
Dead
Americans

Freedom
Doesn't
Apply

Fear
Dinner
America

Fundamentaly
Deprived
Associates

F@#k
Doing
Admirable

Fight
Delicious
Apples

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Huh,, well this is no surprise,, I trust the FDA as much as I do Obama... None at all
Gee,, I wonder why Germany made the decision not to import GMO grains into their country..
Yes the poisoning is beginning folks. Soon you won't even be able to get the real thing.in seed form

But it all in the focus of your well being

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here is a related story, Monsanto is threatening to sue Germany, how can a company that isn't based in that country sue them, how can a company sue farmers in this country if they choose not to use GMO products, who is running things anyway.

Monsanto Uprooted : Germany Bans Cultivation of GM Corn

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There is no way the FDA can be so stupid. There is no way a law can stop this. You can put whatever you want on a label as long as it it true. If this is true, then the FDA is my enemy.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
On a similar note, the news ran a segment recently on how some producer of fish is going to begin testing of GMO salmon.... How wonderful.
I am already aware that farm raised salmon are being feed GMO soy. but now this...
Somewhere out there is a bullet with these peoples name on it....

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's infuriating to read this. This is just like when the FDA made it illegal for that beef company from testing 100% of its beef for mad cow disease --which would've forced the rest of the industry to up their testing standards which still are poor.

And then, a law was passed that states if you spread/share information about an industry that leads to financial loss to that industry, you can be taken to court and held liable for damages (fined). Even if you told nothing but the complete and utter truth. What Oprah said on her show with the cattleman over a decade ago (and she/he were found "innocent" of civil wrong-doing), would not end so well for her today. In fact, it is because of the Oprah situation that this law was recently passed (2-4 years ago).

NOW... companies aren't allowed to identify their products as GMO free? What's next, "organic" labeling is out? Does the government/FDA think people are so STUPID we can't understand what GMO means? And for that guy to *proclaim* that GMO is not different from Mother Nature is absolutely ridiculous.

A letter-writing campaign needs to begin so the FDA will see many of us are concerned. Only, maybe don't use your real name and address because you might get visitors in the middle of the night. Or get audited next tax season.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by googalizer
Hey I've got a crazy theory for you guys. This is my first posting to this site.

What if the government is fully aware of the dangers of the modifications to the food, the chemicals in the water, the chemtrails in the air, the dangers in the drugs etc. What if they're doing it FOR the people. Lets say that the government has knowledge of a plot to enslave the population by an alien race. This race is into our DNA, blood, etc, and the government is doing what they're doing, working as hard as they can, to make sure that each and every person on the planet has these hidden defects from the food, water, air, etc, so that these aliens don't/ can't use/control/consume our bodies. You know, the lesser of to evils.... You can either eat modified foods, and have major health issues as an adult, hate the government for monopolizing the food industry, and die young.......OR become a slave or dinner for some ET's. Simple choice I think......

Just a crazy thought....... what do you think?

Maybe not such a crazy thought, but I guarantee the FDA doesn't act on behalf of the people. They're agents of Big Pharma and evil corporations like Monsanto, as this thread further proves. BTW, they did the exact same thing with rBST milk when they made dairy distributors state:

*"No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with artificial hormones and cows not treated with artificial homes."

Which is complete bull of course.

So I'll let you guess on who's behalf the FDA really works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join