It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unscheduled UFO documentary aired from Disney,,March 1995......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The opening post was copied from here:
ufosearchonline.com...

edit on 20-9-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: Removed plagiarized content.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Great post...I've never seen this but I am definatly going to watch it...Good find!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Fantastic find and it it does seem to me that this was much more than a tongue in cheek documentary , in fact i feel that it was a genuine attempt to test the waters of public reactions and perceptions to portraying the UFO enigma as a reality and not as a ridiculing and debunking exercise.Great find and one for the favourites.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
Considering the very limited showing and audience, and the highly unusual stance on UFOs taken, many suspect that this program was a probe to measure public reaction to news of the reality of visitation and interaction

The stance is not unusual at all. The idea is to promote a new attraction at Disney World; they would not promote it by ridiculing or debunking the theme the attraction is built around.

If the idea was to gauge public reaction to the UFO phenomenon, why only show the program in a limited number of markets? And why would they feel the need to produce such a program in the first place, when there were other programs at the time, fiction and non-fiction, that not only regularly featured the UFO phenomenon but played in a wider range of markets?

edit on 20-9-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Yea but 1995? i know what you mean but Disney usually tow the line an stay inside the box, it just seems a little out there if yea know what i mean,,maybe your right i don't know what to make of it...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Yea but 1995? i know what you mean but Disney usually tow the line an stay inside the box...

What line and what box?

There had been TV programs and movies about related to UFOs for years. This Disney promotion was not unique in any sense. At the time there was the TV program such as Sightings, Encounters, the Unexplained and the X-Files. Before that, Unsolved Mysteries, In Search Of, and Project UFO.

If the Powers-that-Be are forcing entertainment companies to tow a certain line (ridiculing and dismissing UFO topics) they have a very funny way of going about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I just think its a bit hard hitting for 1995 Disney! thats why i put it up here in the first place, obviously you think different to me so what can i say?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I just think its a bit hard hitting for 1995 Disney!

I disagree. The company, either through the parent brand or subsidiaries, had been producing more mature-themed fare for years. And the program in question was produced to appeal to a certain segment of the population and appeal to a popular theme (UFOs and related conspiracies) of the era.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
America will go along with it and hug and shake hands with the aliens at disney.
We can only hope that the kids will kick them and cause a large turnover.
Saucers from Von Braun more like it while he and disney sold us on fake moon
launches cause they were not going to make money on saucer development
in the hands of German Tesla scientists.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Has anyone actually watched this program? Even from 1995 standards, looked at from a serious viewpoint, it is complete garbage. Full of outrageous, and unoriginal, claims with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, spin, (purposeful) misinterpretation and deceptive production.

Of course, this was not produced as a serious look at the UFO phenomenon but as a long-winded commercial.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

You have been slagging this off since yea locked on,,, all right i get your message!
i still think its interesting an it appears others find it interesting too

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You have been slagging this off since yea locked on,,, all right i get your message!

I'm not doing this for you.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Closed pending staff review.

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

ALL text that belongs to outside sources MUST be properly tagged and sourced.

edit on September 20th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join