It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press Conference Next Monday: Unidentified Aerial Objects Compromising US Nuclear Weapons

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just got home from work hoping the world had changed. Apparently not. Maybe nobody cares.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I didn't see the whole thing but there was no new information it what I did see.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I didn't see the whole thing but there was no new information it what I did see.

No, but obviously the point was for a larger audience to hear that information. I guess we'll see if anything comes of it. At least some media outlets are reporting it without too much ridicule.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well, I am hoping, like was said, this is just the tip of the iceburg. I do believe that we are being visited by beings from someplace else, but thats about all I believe. I've seen a ufo myself, so I know they are real.

There is a slowly emerging reality here, one that people can and will deny, or embrace, niether of which is anything new. Its what has been and will be. Just cause we start to realize it, doesn't mean it wasnt always there. Mankind has a lot to learn about our place in the universe.

But at least its coming to light, and we are learning. That to me is whats important.

Nukes are a terrible thing!
I guess even aliens agree.

Perhaps I am just letting my imagination run wild, but if it gives me hope, then thats not a bad thing!
I love the idea of being saved from a nuclear war by alien beings because it would destroy the planet.
It jujst shows how evolved they are compared to us, and how far we have to go.
I get the message...
I hope more people do as well.

The human race blowing itself up doesnt just destroy the human race, it destroys EVERYTHING on the planet that lives.

More power to the aliens if they are here to stop the destruction of the planet!

I just wish they would do something to help the human race out, so we can go beyond our petty wars for religions and land.

Isn't that what people truely want when it comes to aliens/ufo's and full disclosure?

We want the doors to the universe to open up, and let us out!

One can hope and dream.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Got it into main stream Australia

au.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I had the same trouble as Cydonia 2012; couldn't play the live CNN feed. Suspect there may have been too many connections all at once. One sees this sometimes with anticipated, unusual events. So much the better, actually, if lots of people were paying attention. Those particularly interested the UFOs will probably have heard much of the information before. I hope that if it becomes more widely known, that it can make a difference. Ross

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My teacher was telling me aliens were concerned about and helping dampening down our nukes 30 years ago, might be time to call him - so much going on. We might be getting their folks!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This goes to show that the ET are not interested in humanity, their only concern is for the well being of our living planet which man has yet to discover the significance of in the bigger picture.

I think the good ones are here to help birth our planets evolutionary process, like midwives, they are here to help her to raise her vibrational frequency.

I've seen many posts here and other places where people are acting like the UFO's are an extension of Mother Nature and only wish the best for our planet.

I think a more plausible scenario is they are testing their capabilities to disable the biggest threat they may face when and if the arrive in large numbers.

Let that one sink in for a little bit.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Don't forget that the French have already issued a famous report in 1999 on these ufo subjects : the "Cometa Report"
Mostly written by employees of IHEDN (branch of the french military dedicated to the study of national defense) and CNES (french equivalent of NASA). French president and prime minister at this time get this report on their desk, and french press cover the story.

Wikipedia - The Cometa Report

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I was able to record last 15 minutes from CNN streaming.
Was anyone been able to get the whole thing from the CNN streaming?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I hope nobody gets there hopes up. This is DOD propaganda to start a new nuclear stock pile. The weapons that we have now are from the early 90's and the DOD has already found out that the decay of these weapons are more then they first thought. The weapons have been updated on a yearly basis to maintain them but they fear the nuclear material its self has decayed. The non-polifiration and nuclear treaties between Russia and the US are preventing the DOD from starting a new program. And Obama has told Gates NO!! Gates is deciding to start a propaganda war to fight the POTUS on this issue. Has the DOD gotten to big for its own good when it decides to rule the world including the US by propaganda and disinformation. They spy on every body including the US even politicians. How do you think Bradley Manning leaked Diplomatic cables to Wikileaks from Afghanistan? I think the DOD has a new leader and its named International Corporations or DOD Contractors. They think the POTUS should only deal with little things like abortion or masterbation. The DOD thinks nation building and destroying is there job. But seems they think the US should be destroyed while they create jobs and economies over seas while taking it from the US.

www.time.com...

Obama and Gates are "at loggerheads on this," says Michael O'Hanlon, a military expert at the Brookings Institution who has specialized in nuclear issues. A senior Pentagon official says talk of a resolution is "premature" because he doesn't believe Gates and Obama have discussed the matter.

The plutonium "pit" of a nuclear weapon — the heart of its extraordinary power — suffers radioactive decay, losing power and building up impurities, over time. There is concern that aging pits may fail to detonate properly, or perhaps at all.

O'Hanlon and other nuclear thinkers have suggested retooling existing weapons to improve reliability as an option. But the Energy Department's National Nuclear Security Administration, which develops America's nuclear weapons, has said it cannot meet the goals set for RRW by modifying existing weapons. Obama's position has backing in Congress, which has repeatedly refused to fund the program.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I have noticed this is popping up in a lot of media sources and been reported on in a very 'matter of fact' way and not the usual 'hoaxy' or 'spooky' way.

Just prepping the public for whats to come?

UFO coverage seems to be very rapidly changing from 'hoax' to 'normal'. This seems to have happened over the last two years. I'd still expect another 5-10years of 'conditioning ' if there was something to be disclosed but some of the things recently are making me wonder if this could be a lot sooner. 12-24 months?
(Why would the Vatcian comment on et's? makes no sense. none. Then the UN appointing a spokesperson to greet aliens. This would have been absolutely slated a few years ago. Not now. Why?)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
IF UFOs are monitoring or doing "something" at our nuke sites (for 35+ years), it isn't because our nukes are a threat to them. It's because we are a threat to ourselves. Our nukes being a threat to a race that has the intelligence to master a spacecraft that can traverse trillions of miles, is like us being afraid of a stone-age man's club.

You don't think if they can traverse trillions of miles, that they don't have the intelligence to also create weapons that could just eliminate mankind effortlessly if they wanted? They aren't here monitoring our comparatively speaking infantile technology because they are threatened. Since they've been around this long, they are obviously monitoring our own stupidity and rogue use of technology that could destroy ourselves. Mankind seems pretty backwards when you think what is truly possible in the universal big picture. I'm sure these more advanced civilizations are our silent guardians, trying to keep us from shooting ourselves in our own foot.

edit on 27-9-2010 by ptmckiou because: misspelling

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ptmckiou

Or maybe they're interstellar bookies and they're putting a fix on the extraterrestrial betting on human survival.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

More power to the aliens if they are here to stop the destruction of the planet!

I just wish they would do something to help the human race out, so we can go beyond our petty wars for religions and land.

Isn't that what people truely want when it comes to aliens/ufo's and full disclosure?

Stop? I highly doubt the intelligence behind UFOs would go so far as to forcibly stop us. Obviously if the intelligence behind the UFO enigma wanted to destroy us, logic dictates that it certainly could. They don't want to "force" anything. Seems more like they are saying "don't do that" like an adult tells a child IMO.

Likewise they can't "help the human race out." It would be like a 45 year old man trying to explain the concept of time to a 10 year old. There are some things that can't be "explained." They must be experienced. There is no way to describe to a 10 year old what it means to be a 45 year old man.

If people are looking for a cosmic Jesus "save the day" type... suffice to say I think they're looking at the puzzle in the wrong way.

-2 cents

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

One thing I can say about personal experience is that they have the ability to read into your deepest thoughts, and if that is true, then what to say of those they have previously connected with in the Military and Governments?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Even if they had anything concrete to present (they don't), it wouldn't matter. The current climate that we as a community have allowed to foster (such as letting the nut-jobs do our talking) means anything even remotely significant will be short lived in the press. Change the climate, change the world. Until then your pissing in the wind.

While I share much of your pessimism, I don't understand why you feel this is a waste of time? Sure the conference won't be followed by an Obama speech highlighting a new era of mankind, but that was never the point.

Like you say, there are tons of kooks and crackpots in the UFO field. Like you say, the climate needs to be changed. That is what they are slowly trying to do here:

According to the pair, witness testimony from more than 120 former or retired military personnel points to an ongoing and alarming intervention by unidentified aerial objects at nuclear weapons sites, as recently as 2003. In some cases, several nuclear missiles simultaneously and inexplicably malfunctioned while a disc-shaped object silently hovered nearby.

120 military personnel. The same folks we honor for doing the dirty work in Iraq and Afghanistan. That sounds alot more legit than 1 crackpot with a website trying to sell you tinfoil hats. "Changing the climate" takes a long time. Not just one nudge, but many.

edit on 27-9-2010 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If everything that was said is true and legit in the press conference (concerning UFO's shutting down nukes) then it would be my *opinion* that a very powerful message was conveyed.

They know where our nukes are. They can shut them down with little or no difficulty.

So, what was the message? Were they showing us that we have no defenses against them if they decide to invade?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Heres more evidence that shows this is propaganda from the DOD to start a new nuclear program because Obama and congress refuse to let them due to non proliferation treaties and nuclear disarmament agreements with Russia.

www.militarytimes.com...

Since 2001, the Air Force’s Air Combat Command has suffered 237 different “safety deficiencies” known in the nuclear community as Dull Swords while maintaining its nuclear stockpile, according to safety records.

The service defines a Dull Sword as a “safety deficiency not included in the accident or incident categories.”

Hans Kristensen, director of the Nuclear Information Project at the Federation of American Scientists, issued a Freedom of Information Act request for all ACC Bent Spear and Dull Sword incidents from June 1992 — when the ACC took over the nuclear mission from Strategic Air Command — to Sept. 27, 2007, when he made the request.

The response he received went only as far back as June 2001 because the ACC Safety database no longer has any records of Dull Sword incidents from 1992 to 2001, said Maj. Thomas Crosson, an ACC spokesman. Air Force officials could not explain why those incidents got deleted from the database.

So what does Dull Sword mean? Anything that would cause a failure to launch,

en.wikipedia.org...

Dull Sword is an Air Force reporting term that marks reports of minor incidents involving nuclear weapons, components or systems, or which could impair their deployment. This could include actions involving vehicles capable of carrying nuclear weapons but with no nuclear weapons on board at the time of the accident. This also is used to report damage or deficiencies with equipment, tools, or diagnostic testers that are designed for use on nuclear weapons or the nuclear weapon release systems of nuclear-capable aircraft.

Dull Sword reports would be classified. They don't show up as regular reports and records of them are classified because it wouold show a weakness in the defence of the US and its ability to protect its allies.

www.airforcetimes.com...

Since the Minot and Barksdale mishap, top Air Force leaders have had a fix-it-now attitude, but back in 2003, an Air Force inspector general report warned that pass rates for nuclear surety inspections — which nuclear units receive every 18 months — had “hit an all-time low.”

Historically, Air Force units had a 79 percent pass rate on NSIs, but that year, it dipped to 50 percent. Five of 10 units tested that year failed, with only one unit test left, the report stated.

“The poor performance can be rationalized many ways: the NSI sample size is dramatically smaller in recent years, ... conventional operations tempo is higher than ever before ... or the failures are attributable to complex regulatory guidance,” wrote Lt. Col. Lynn Scott, deputy director of inspections for the IG in 2003.

“While there is some shred of truth to [these rationalizations], the bottom line is that each one offers a convenient excuse to avoid accepting responsibility for failure — and failure is not something that is acceptable when it comes to the safety, security and reliability of our nuclear weapons.”

Ten years before, nuclear units in Europe faced a similar nuclear surety failure rate. U.S. Air Forces in Europe tested 12 units in 1993, and only seven passed, according to a partially declassified Air Force report, “History of United States Air Forces in Europe, Calendar Year 1993.”

But the inspection issue goes beyond pass-fail rates

On going problems of failure to launch? I guess gates thinks all the equipment and nukes themselves are to old and wants a new set.

edit on 27-9-2010 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Full Press Conference On Blip TV

Thanks to somebody named 'Rockstar' (I think) for posting on Blip.TV and 'Clara Bow' for directing on Facebook.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join