It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens after disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
After we know for sure that ET are among us in everyday life how do you think it will effect the behavior of humans resident to earth. How will we come to terms with a new place in the universe? Would there be a huge social uprising with riots? will people be speechless? will most have heart attacks?? will our behaviors become more caring and loving? how will we cope with and adapt the common experience of disclosure?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Most people would realise how gullible and blind they have been and probably fall into a deep depression

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well depending on the science of it, I'll try to pick me up an ET girlfriend. lol...j/k

But really, I would assume that unless the common folk have something to do w/ it. It'll be business as usual, just a little more air traffic.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

I think it is going to be all of that. There will be a new kind of Fear, I fear, just something more to add to the unknown. People are going to expand upon their religious beliefs, making every more outrageous claims about "The Almighty Father" and his Army of Angels. Some people will blame the governments for knowing all along and waiting to disclose the information. They may use arguments like "could 9/11 have been prevented if those 19 hijackers knew that Allah was just another alien in the sky?" Others will continue to blame The Elite for keeping the secrets of the Universe hidden from the masses for their own personal gain.

There will be uprisings, lootings, shootings, deaths, famines, people who walk away from it all, to find more fulfilling ways of life, I wouldn't be surprised if our Media went in to full mind control attack against the public, perhaps attempting to turn us against the ETs if they are truly benevolent beings, OR they may try to get us to like the ETs when in fact, they may have made deals with our governments to destroy major cities and handpick viable human specimens to take back to their bases for genetic research,

I'm not sure what I will do, because ALL of the decisions being made right now are based off of how it will affect my immediate family. If they say "that's enough, we no longer wish to support this system that has openly lied to us for who knows how long.." then I will cheer, and ask them wish island they want to sail to. The only way I would leave my family is if they remained sheople and DID NOT change their minds about a single thing once they had discovered that ETs do, in fact, exist.

I mean, you've got to change your mind once it is proven fact, right? How could you continue to live the same way? That changes everything, so many questions to ask. How could you be the same person after that?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
We will suddenly realize just how small and insignificant we are in the scheme of things, stuck out here at the outer rim of a relatively uninteresting galaxy... heck we are not even in the rim but 50 light years above it.

You are here...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There's an old Buddhist saying, "What do you do before you are enlightened? Chop wood; carry water. What do you do after you are enlightened? Chop wood; carry water."

You will still have to eat and the aliens are not going to pay your rent. There will just be one more reason to seduce someone: "Baby, let's do it because the aliens are here so we better hurry."

Really. You'll still need to walk the dog and still need to wash the clothes. If you choose to be "depressed," that's a personal problem. I wouldn't worry about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
We will suddenly realize just how small and insignificant we are in the scheme of things, stuck out here at the outer rim of a relatively uninteresting galaxy

Small and insignificant?
Do you know how much of an insult that is to OUR Universe!?
In the words of Lauryn Hill, Everything is Everything.
If we are nothing, then EVERYTHING is NOTHING!

I really hate it when people try to downplay human beings.
We are awesome! And the sooner we believe this, the quicker we can't stop all of this violence and destruction. We are connected to everything that is, just as Carl Sagan said, we come from Star Dust, we are children of The Stars. Every Star is a Star! Everything is connected and beautiful. Who cares if others come from a bigger planet with more moons? This is OUR Home! We need to be proud of where we came from, and start learning how to Love Mother Earth, Daughter of The UNIVERSE.

Statements like this disconnect us from reality, and reality is that every single galaxy is a child of The Central Star of our Universe. If one fragment is not special, then all of it is not special, that's just how it goes.

Start like the fact that you are cool, and our Universe made us perfect, just the way we are!
That's an order!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing. Just like when Bush stole the elections, just like when the U.S. Government killed 3,000 of its' own citizens to justify a war without end for oil and resource theft. Just like when in 1947, disclosure happened, and everyone ate the spoonful of crap when they backtracked on the truth and fed you lies. Whenever they tell you anything of significance, you do exactly what they expect and want you to do, absolutely nothing. If it was any other way, the world wouldn't be the hole that it is now.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
we're gonna crack open a bottle fire up the smoke and have a big party with our new space friends

edit on 19-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: we're gonna party like its dec 21 2012

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Something like this?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks Zorgon..

now i'm depressed...lol..

but i get your point...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well ...... assuming I'm still alive, I'm gonna do my best to get a ride off this f*g insane rock. I'd like to find an outpost or society that believes in truth. I'd like to find a group where the worst possible individuals don't end up running the show. I'd like to find a society with foundations built on integrity. I'd like to find an alien society that has ........ real humanity.

I might end up being fattened and slaughtered for some bizarre feast, but at least I will try to find something better. It's for damn sure that there is very little intelligent life here on earth......

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

But he's right though, regardless whether anyone likes it or not.

We are a common, mundane species living on a common type of world, in a common type of galaxy, among trillions of other common and rather mundane galaxies.

There is bound to be unique factors here and there, differences and quirks to life and matter, but generally to describe us as a tiny speck of nothing particularly interesting or important, would be vastly overstating things.

At least we have booze and sex, so it's not all bad news.

After the big D, nothing will change right away. Things will still go on as they have, the religious controllers will find new ways to incorporate the knowledge and weave it into their paradigms (see Vatican on ET's for a clue as to this happening already), so they can continue to control those that desire to be controlled, at least in the short term.

Politicians would do likewise, to retain their power over most of us.

As for the general populations, as long as there is no immediate perceived threat to their continued existence, they'd sit up and take notice for about 5 minutes, then go back to watching the TV again.

Integration of new technologies and so on, will be painfully slow, to allow the corporations to diversify their interests.

It will be pretty much as it is now, except with official confirmation of what 70% of the human race already know or suspect.

edit on 19/9/2010 by spikey because: to actually be OT!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I don't know what will happen, but the masses should be upset at our Government for lying to us for 60 years.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Right there with you man.

Originally posted by praxis

Well ...... assuming I'm still alive, I'm gonna do my best to get a ride off this f*g insane rock. I'd like to find an outpost or society that believes in truth. I'd like to find a group where the worst possible individuals don't end up running the show. I'd like to find a society with foundations built on integrity. I'd like to find an alien society that has ........ real humanity.

I might end up being fattened and slaughtered for some bizarre feast, but at least I will try to find something better. It's for damn sure that there is very little intelligent life here on earth......

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
I don't know what will happen, but the masses should be upset at our Government for lying to us for 60 years.

...which is precisely why the type of disclosure people are hoping for will never ever happen.

Seriously, it won't happen - ever. The sooner people recognize this, the sooner we can end this stupid and completely unrealistic "disclosure movement".

Any truth about ET life ain't gonna come from the US or British governments, so it's going to have to come from independent sources. Luckily the privatization of space travel is now underway, which should greatly help towards this end. Space, until now, has always been the dominion of (mainly) the US and Russian governments. Within a couple of decades, the authority over space could be in the hands of private individuals. Hopefully, they will be more truthful and forthcoming about what's "out there'.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

Originally posted by zorgon
We will suddenly realize just how small and insignificant we are in the scheme of things, stuck out here at the outer rim of a relatively uninteresting galaxy

Small and insignificant?
Do you know how much of an insult that is to OUR Universe!?
In the words of Lauryn Hill, Everything is Everything.
If we are nothing, then EVERYTHING is NOTHING

I dont think he ment it like that, wrong choice of words, but i agree with both of you!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147...which is precisely why the type of disclosure people are hoping for will never ever happen.

Seriously, it won't happen - ever. The sooner people recognize this, the sooner we can end this stupid and completely unrealistic "disclosure movement".

Any truth about ET life ain't gonna come from the US or British governments, so it's going to have to come from independent sources. Luckily the privatization of space travel is now underway, which should greatly help towards this end. Space, until now, has always been the dominion of (mainly) the US and Russian governments. Within a couple of decades, the authority over space could be in the hands of private individuals. Hopefully, they will be more truthful and forthcoming about what's "out there'.

Well said, Fox!

This disclosure movement is seriously annoying me. They take TV and movies and claim them to be some secret agenda to release the "truth" to the world in a drip-feed manner.

Well I work in TV and I can honestly say there is no such agenda.

End of!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
How do you know your boss is not being controlled by the government? JK
Seriously though, there will always be some mysterious powerful person, group that these people use to explain the 'unexplained'. For example: God, ETs and the government.

Originally posted by Slippery Jim

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147...which is precisely why the type of disclosure people are hoping for will never ever happen.

Well said, Fox!

This disclosure movement is seriously annoying me. They take TV and movies and claim them to be some secret agenda to release the "truth" to the world in a drip-feed manner.

Well I work in TV and I can honestly say there is no such agenda.

End of!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
the government will never disclose because they will never share the technology

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join