It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by redoubt
we are more or less desensitized to shock.
Originally posted by FutureThinker
Our Government will have to re-right the laws for ILLEGAL "ALIENS"
1211.100 Title 14 - Aeronautics and Space
Part 1211 - Extra-terrestrial Exposure
1211.100 - Scope
This part establishes: (a) NASA policy, responsibility and authority to guard the Earth against any harmful contamination or adverse changes in its environment resulting from personnel, spacecraft and other property returning to the Earth after landing on or coming within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body; and (b) security requirements, restrictions and safeguards that are necessary in the interest of national security.
1211.101 - Applicability
The provisions of this part to all NASA manned and unmanned space missions which land or come within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body and return to the Earth.
1211.102 - Definitions
(a) "NASA" and the "Administrator" mean, respectively the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or his authorized representative.
(b) "Extra-terrestrially exposed" means the state of condition of any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever, who or which has:
(1) Touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope or any other celestial body; or
(2) Touched directly or been in close proximity to (or been exposed indirectly to ) any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter who or which has been extra-terrestrially exposed by virtue of paragraph (b)(1) of this section. For example, if person or thing "A" touches the surface of the Moon, and on "A's" return to Earth, "B" touches "A" and, subsequently, "C" touches "B", all of these - "A" through "C" inclusive - would be extra-terrestrially exposed ("A" and "B" directly; "C" indirectly).
(c) "Quarantine" means the detention, examination and decontamination of any persons, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever that is extra-terrestrially exposed, and includes the apprehension or seizure of such person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever.
(d) "Quarantine period" means a period of consecutive calendar days as may be established in accordance with 1211.104 (a).
(a) Administrative actions. The Administrator or his designee..shall in his discretion:
(1) Determine the beginning and duration of a quarantine period with respect to any space mission; the quarantine period as it applies to various life forms will be announced.
(2) Designate in writing quarantine officers to exercise quarantine authority.
(3) Determine that a particular person, property, animal, or other form of life or matter whatever is extra- terrestrially exposed and quarantine such person, property, animal, or other form of life or matter whatever. The quarantine may be based only on a determination, with or without the benefit of a hearing, that there is probable cause to believe that such person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever is extra-terrestrially exposed.
(4) Determine within the United States or within vessels or vehicles of the United States the place, boundaries, and rules of operation of necessary quarantine stations.
(5) Provide for guard services by contract or otherwise, as many be necessary, to maintain security and inviolability of quarantine stations and quarantined persons, property, animals or other form of life or matter whatever.
(6) Provide for the subsistence, health and welfare of persons quarantined under the provisions of this part.
(7) Hold such hearings at such times, in such manner and for such purposes as may be desirable or necessary under this part, including hearings for the purpose of creating a record for use in making any determination under this part for the purpose of reviewing any such determination.
(b) (3) During any period of announced quarantine, no person shall enter or depart from the limits of the quarantine station without permission of the cognizant NASA officer. During such period, the posted perimeter of a quarantine station shall be secured by armed guard.
(b) (4) Any person who enters the limits of any quarantine station during the quarantine period shall be deemed to have consented to the quarantine of his person if it is determined that he is or has become extra-terrestrially exposed.
(b) (5) At the earliest practicable time, each person who is quarantined by NASA shall be given a reasonable opportunity to communicate by telephone with legal counsel or other persons of his choice.
1211.107 Court or other process
(a) NASA officers and employees are prohibited from discharging from the limits of a quarantine station any quarantined person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever during order or other request, order or demand an announced quarantine period in compliance with a subpoena, show cause or any court or other authority without the prior approval of the General Counsel and the Administrator.
(b) Where approval to discharge a quarantined person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever in compliance with such a request, order or demand of any court or other authority is not given, the person to whom it is directed shall, if possible, appear in court or before the other authority and respectfully state his inability to comply, relying for his action on this 1211.107.
Whoever willfully violates, attempts to violate, or conspires to violate any provision of this part or any regulation or order issued under this part or who enters or departs from the limits of a quarantine station in disregard of the quarantine rules or regulations or without permission of the NASA quarantine officer shall be fined not more that $5,000 or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.
Originally posted by Aliensun
Baby! You think Obama brought change, just wait....
Wha happens depends upon how the ETs interact with us, how our governments interact with the ETs and the situation we are in in our personal lives in our respective countries. Too rational and obscure of a view? Consider:
The is an old socialogical/phychological story about what is called a "cargo cult." Basically, during the, especially British, exploration of the world, their ships would land at some remote island that had never seen big ships and white men before. They would pass out goodies such as iron items, in exchange for simple things like water, and food. What a deal for the natives! They were always be over-joyed because from their view--which was not incorrect as far as it went--they got nice presents for virtually nothing. (We shall ignor Capt. Cook's fate.)
So, after awhile the ships stopped coming for one reason or another, or they didn't come often enough to sate the now demands of the natives. What could they do? They did what they could physically do which was to build big fires to attract ships and they emotionally worked themselves into fever pitches by praying and building monuments to the givers of good things. Some of those small cultures/societies destroyed themselves with this obsession because it interferred with the system they had used for a long time before. The carogo cult behavior process did not all happen at the edges of the seas, and the participants of either side were acting and reaction to the whims of human nature. That exact, very same effect is what destroyed the American Indian almost entirely in spirit if not body, and a whole bunch of other cultures and societies around our world. Watch out what you as for, you may just get it..
Originally posted by Wrath5639
Well depending on the science of it, I'll try to pick me up an ET girlfriend. lol...j/k
But really, I would assume that unless the common folk have something to do w/ it. It'll be business as usual, just a little more air traffic.
Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by vinunleaded
Wonderful how you can so easily dismiss historical human psychology. That is called denial if I disallow ignorance. If you really understood the situation, it would be called cognitive denial. But thanks for the quick reply, anyway, you are making my efforts worthwhile if even in vain in some quarters.
(PS "Change" was Obama's buzz word, remember? Isn't that what you wanted, change from the status quo when you voted for him?).
Originally posted by metalpr
after disclosure new religions will be created...new ways to control the population.
Originally posted by schuyler
There's an old Buddhist saying, "What do you do before you are enlightened? Chop wood; carry water. What do you do after you are enlightened? Chop wood; carry water."
You will still have to eat and the aliens are not going to pay your rent. There will just be one more reason to seduce someone: "Baby, let's do it because the aliens are here so we better hurry."
Really. You'll still need to walk the dog and still need to wash the clothes. If you choose to be "depressed," that's a personal problem. I wouldn't worry about it.