It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens after disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Our Government will have to re-right the laws for ILLEGAL "ALIENS"

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
What happens after disclosure? The nut house will have to open the doors and let any number of folks out!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
disclosure has already happened. It is whether you want to deny it or not.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by splint
disclosure has already happened.

Really? it has? somehow i have missed this completely...just like others in here. I see no conversations in MSM about life in other places, space traveling there or aliens vacationing in earth, how odd...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

We are a Kindergarten Planet... a few, very few, are truly enlightened though many think they are. When we grow up, we will be allowed to join into the Galactic community. Until that happens there will be no disclosure.

I look at the daily news... I see its going to be a very long time before we grow up

:shk:

Good thing my R&D team are working on that spaceship

edit on 20-9-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Look how racist and disrespectful we are to each other, yeah we'll totally get along just fine with beings from another planet.....ouch. We gona need some time before we're ready to shout an alien a cold one.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Now, that is an interesting post.
I've heard from a few ufologist about an odd description of this planet. Apparently, according to them, we are called "the Planet of the Children"

I heard it mentioned, when researching the allege 13 crystal skulls. Each skull is to represent a civilization in the galactic community.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I dont think that there will be just one really worthy answer to any of that. I think largely speaking that it will come down to how well an individual is prepared for the scenario, and I dont just mean activity on boards like these , or an addiction to star trek and stuff like that.
For a start, Nazis are going to have an impossible time of it, bless thier little black rotten hearts. Think about it, they want to kill half the populus of the planet for being the wrong colour and religion... have you any idea how much hate would be aimed at a race who arent even the same species as us?
Politicians are going to be running for thier lives, because many people will be angry that alien life has been hidden from confirmable public knowlege for years, and that constitutes a reason in my book , to be very angry and forcibly insert road signs and dinner ware into a politicians more intimate... openings shall we say. Yes Mr Secretary of Defense... you did make a bad turn at Albuquerque.
However, there will be those of us, who have really never fit in on this planet anyway (not for any bizzare reason, just because we hate the organisation of society, because we know that it rots after a mere generation or two , and forgets its own reason for existing) who will merely accept this as a reason to get out of bed in the morning. These will be the ones who can accept the idea entirely .

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What happens after disclosure? I guess that depends on the disclosed reason they are here....

1) Help us
2) Study us
3) Contain us
4) Eat us
5) Rob us
6) Introduce us to even more aliens

etc., etc.

There are many different scenarios for each reason too, so way too many possibilities to speculate...other than a very broad and general answer.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
4) Eat us

Brings to mind an Olde Worlde saying...

"Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup"

Hmmmm those pesky reptilians again

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
"the Planet of the Children"
I heard it mentioned, when researching the allege 13 crystal skulls. Each skull is to represent a civilization in the galactic community.

Since you mention "Children" and "Crystal Skulls" in the same post.... it conjures up the Ghost of Arthur C Clark (RIP)

"Childhood's End"

Childhood's End narrates a fictional transformation of humanity, where nationalism, racial prejudice and cruelty to animals are outlawed. A utopian society eventually develops, but this is not the climax.[2] The story is set in the late 20th century. Americans and Soviets are competing to launch the first to voyage to the moon. This space race is halted, however, when spaceships position themselves precisely above Earth's principal cities.[2] After one week, the aliens announce they are assuming supervision of international affairs to prevent humanity's extinction. As the Overlords, they bring peace, and they claim that interference will be limited.

en.wikipedia.org...

Basically the Aliens help mankind transform to the next level and leave Earth... A great story

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What will happen the day after disclosure in the world of StarrGazer... I would call off from work, keep my child home from daycare and sit infront of CNN, MSNBC,Fox, HLN, ABC, NBC, I will be sitting on my laptop looking at different youtube videos. and just OBSORBING EVERYTHING THAT THERE IS TO KNOW. Id like to be fully informed, As a little girl 12 years old, I have been researching all kinds of topics, from area 51, dulce base, mj12, S4, ufo sightings, the sumerians , nights templar, phrases and mysteries of the bible..alot of heavy stuff for a 12 year old to be intrested in.. Id like to say I got the intrest through my father who told me aliens were real when I was 8 and ever since then I just wanted to know if they truely were. And in 1999 when photos popped up of Area 51 the base the government has been denying for years, that really kicked started all of this for me... Not to mention my grandfather was a higher up in the Air Force and used to have to leave my grandmother for weeks at a time, well one time when he returned from being gone for 3 weeks, my grandmother asked him, what is it that they have you do that keeps you away from your wife and 4 kids for weeks at a time, and my grandfather told my grandmother (On my moms side) "They take me to the desert, into a side of a mountain in an underground base, and the things inside that place.... you just wouldnt believe. And thats I'll im going to say." 6 months later my grandfather died at 29 from a stroke, and my grandmother never knew exactly what he did... and she finally told that to me when I was 15! I couldnt believe it! Was he talking about Dulce? Was he talking about Area 51?? We will never know and I wish I could talk to him now!
But the day after disclosure, even though I am intrested, even though I think it would be amazing to finally have official disclosure, I have grown to realize you can not believe everything you hear and only half of what you see. I would have to obsorb everything for atleast the first week before I could come to my own conclusion of what is going on. Im not so gullible to believe what my government tell us as we have all seen the lies and destruction they will and can put on us. The deception and corruption has just become so much in the last 15 years, I could never truely trust what they say, so with that being said, I would buy the biggest shot gun there is and would probably lock myself in my house. I would probably have a heard time sleeping not knowing what the future holds for my 2 year old daughter or if these things have the ability to walk through walls or beam us up through the ceiling ...ya never know..., if these beings are hostile or friendly... or friendly indisguise of being hostile. I would pack up everything valuable to me and head to north florida where my parents have a cabin in the middle of the woods untill the smoke settles and my fear subsides.... In my mind they would be peaceful loving creatures here to help us in our spirtual journey, here to show us how to evolve into a positive direction with new technology, to show us where we came from, or how we came to be, to help put the pieces together of mans history that has been forgotten. But That doesnt necessarily mean thats how it will happen... I would be a mixture of emotions.... Personally...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
after disclosure new religions will be created...new ways to control the population.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I was trying to think of an example of when a more advanced civilisation, meets a less advanced one and the less advanced civilisation survived.

Still trying to think...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Innovation and we skip a few civilization stages and become space faring, we then self destruct because we could not control the newfound power and technology.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
I don't know what will happen, but the masses should be upset at our Government for lying to us for 60 years.

these are politicians. do ye not know that part of the job description of a politician is that they lie?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I don't really need disclosure to know that ET exists. I think about 80-90% of people on here already know that we have been visited. But if they ever decide to come clean and fess up, I'll have a cake ready. I really like that ice cream cake.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
After we know for sure that ET are among us in everyday life how do you think it will effect the behavior of humans resident to earth.

Have you ever watched Alien Nation by any chance?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
What happens after disclosure?
After we know for sure that ET are among us in everyday life how do you think it will effect the behavior of humans resident to earth. How will we come to terms with a new place in the universe? Would there be a huge social uprising with riots? will people be speechless? will most have heart attacks?? will our behaviors become more caring and loving? how will we cope with and adapt the common experience of disclosure?

All the long presumed madness and social upheaval will likely go unrealized. And even if we haven't really matured or grown a whit wiser, we are more or less desensitized to shock. The mid-20th century vision of mobs running into the streets in fear of flying saucers, is just not going to happen.

I do suspect that some of the more primitive denominations of the various faiths will have it a little rough, especially those most fundamental sects in Christianity, Judaism and Islam. There may well be quite a bit of resistance from those quarters. But society in general will probably take it with eyes and ears open until the MSM so wears it to the bare threads that we will never want to see another UFO or sci fi flick ever again.

Governments will likely have a lot of explaining to do because it is just all too apparent that they've been pidgeon-holing this information for decades. But the media will, of course, play it all to their favor and after a year or so... a few low-level or already deceased personnel will be loaded with all the blame and that will be that. End of discussion.

Some things will change, though. Just looking up at the stars at night will carry a whole new weight and for those who can maintain their faith alongside ET, it could all be quite a good... or horribly bad revelation.

Maybe this is why the Sci Fi channel went to hell and morphed into that gawd-awful Sy Fy?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
I was trying to think of an example of when a more advanced civilisation, meets a less advanced one and the less advanced civilisation survived.

Still trying to think...

When Dolphins met mankind...

mankind survived

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join