It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't particularly believe polygraphs one way or the other, and this show was just more evidence of that. How could it have him telling the truth about seeing the UFO and getting zapped by it, but then lying about being abducted?

As a nuts and bolts UFO type, I have no doubt that some UFOs are alien spacecraft, but I am more skeptical of the abduction reports.

If we are to believe the polygraph, then Walton was telling the truth that he really sw a UFO (or really BELIEVED that he did) but fabricated the abduction tale. Maybe that's exactly what happened, but can we believe the polygraph at all?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That cheap T.V show proves nothing. What a load of garbage. Polygraph tests are totally inconclusive.
He also has a hot wife and daughter, so he is a winner. Yeah.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Sometimes lies can be mixed up with the truth in a person's testimony. But in the case of Travis Walton, the evidence for the Truth is stronger than that for the lies.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Mr Skeptic, you never addressed this most important point. I'd say it basically nullifies the results of this game show.

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
I see a few flaws in the questioning here, he was asked if he ever wished it was someone else abducted other than him (or something along those lines). He answered yes, and was truthful, but if he hadnt been abducted then this would of showed to be a lie, his own mind would of been telling him so................wouldnt it?.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What a joke. I feel for him and his family for getting duped by this show. I'm going with gut on this one and I believe his story. There are just certain types of people who radiate honesty and integrity and Travis IMO is one of them.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Amazingly enough, I just watched "Fire In The Sky" for the first time yesterday.

Travis and ALL 4 of his logging crew passed TWO polygraph tests administered by the local sheriff and a Phoenix polygraph examiner.

There's no way that 5 people could pass two extensive polygraph tests. In the movie, almost nobody in the town believed them because they were such f-ups, but in the end it was obvious they were telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If it was a hoax, then I don't see how all six of the other guys could have been in on it. They had to have seen something that really scared them.

When Walton went missing, the police started talking about possible kidnapping or murder. Faced with charges like that, no one would have continued the hoax very long. They would have talked, which is what the police wanted them to do. Yet they kept repeating that they had seen a UFO.

That's one of the things that's always been puzzling about the case: if it was a fake, it was a very good one with mulyiple witnesses. I just can't see it totally fake--not when they came under real pressure from the police to tell them what happened. That's a lot different from just going on a TV show and talking about UFOs. If the police think you're lying to them about a possible murder or something, then that's real trouble--a whole different ball game.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You guys are spending too much time on the polygraphs, look at the other parts of the story. There are many other things that don't add up.

www.debunker.com...

"Ground Saucer Watch" Memo on the Walton Incident
Conclusions (undated: probably December, 1975)

"Ground Saucer Watch," a pro-UFO organization, was the very first UFO organization on the scene of the Walton "abduction". In cooperation with Dr. J. Allen Hynek of CUFOS, Dr. Lester Stewart of GSW began to interview the Walton family while Travis was still "missing." They immediately smelled a hoax. These are their conclusions, without any changes - RS.

1. Walton never boarded the UFO. This fact is supported by the six witnesses and the polygraph test results. [3]

2. The entire Walton family has had a continual UFO history. The Walton boys have reported observing 10 to 15 separate UFO sightings (very high).

3. When Duane was questioned about his brother's disappearance, he stated that "Travis will be found, that UFO's are friendly." GSW countered, "How do you know Travis will be found?" Duane said "I have a feeling, a strong feeling." GSW asked "If the UFO 'captors' are going to return Travis, will you have a camera to record this great occurrence?" Duane, "No, if I have a camera 'they' will not return."

4. The Walton's mother showed no outward emotion over the 'loss' of Travis. She said that UFO's will not harm her son, he will be returned and that UFO's have been seen by her family many times.

5. The Walton's refused any outside scientific help or anyone who logically doubted the abduction portion of the story.

6. The media and GSW was fair to the witnesses. However, when the story started to 'fall apart' the Waltons would only talk to people who did not doubt the abduction story.

7. APRO became involved and criticized both GSW and Dr. Hynek for taking a negative position on the encounter.

8. The Waltons 'sold' their story to the National Enquirer and the story was completely twisted from the truth.

-----RS NOTES----

1. In other words, James Harder was using hypnosis to lead Travis Walton into "remembering" a proper UFO abduction story. UFOlogists cite the apparent consistencies of these stories as proof that they are supposedly authentic! But here we glimpse the real reason behind the apparent similarities: Harder rehearsed Walton's story over and over again until the latter was ready to face the press and tell a convincing story.

2. The very existence of this polygraph session with John J. McCarthy was kept secret by the National Enquirer and by APRO, with McCarthy ordered never to speak about it. The cover-up was revealed by Philip J. Klass in June, 1976. The details of the Walton hoax, and its associated cover-up, can be found in chapters 18-23 of Klass' book UFOs The Public Deceived (Buffalo, NY: Prometheus Books, 1983).

3. Apparently GSW thought that in order to have a "genuine" UFO abduction, the UFO would have to land, and pick up its passenger.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Turiddu because: Changed italics - Per SHIN-BET/SHABAK regulations 12-01

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You need to be aware that the wording of a question can lead to a negative response. they said abducted by a UFO, well if he KNOWS that it was an alien craft its not necessarily unidentified anymore leading to a false response.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Man I felt like i was right there with him, enjoyed the videos and thought his family and friends were special people to be there in support like that. They looked like "I told you so", especially the daughter, she has probably learned to have insight which tells her when her Dad is about to be #essed with.

All in all it was grueling and it was a travisty he did not make the 100,000. it seemed to me like a set up. like more of the UFOcoverup BS.

Discredit Travis, that was what this amounted to. thing is it wont work. those who debunk would have not changed their minds had he made it to the 100,000 level, and so too the people who believe his story and give him the benifit of the doubt were not swayed by the final question failed.

set up, is what I think and further validation to the family to remain private and not allow it any more.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruedank

Good point, to Travis it was not unidentified! great answer!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire post, but I think its important to point out that Polygraphs are essentially garbage. CIA experts in the field have gone on record saying as much. There is NO conclusive evidence that they are effective at all, let alone on large scale cases involving spies/terrorists/etc. A person with average intelligence can easily be shown how to manipulate the test within a matter of minutes. There's a reason that they aren't admissible in court. They're based on faulty logic and are no better at proving someone is lying than watching their body language - and actually, probably much less so - when it comes to reliability. Just food for thought.

edit on 20-9-2010 by thektotheg because: Spelling error

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What hillarious is the fact that if he passed the test, and we the skeptics said that polygraph test are not 100% and cant hold up in a court of law, All of you believers would be saying he passed, he passed the test.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
What hillarious is the fact that if he passed the test, and we the skeptics said that polygraph test are not 100% and cant hold up in a court of law, All of you believers would be saying he passed, he passed the test.

Not true,. If he'd passed the test, most of us on here wouldn't have thought it meant a damn thing.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

EXCELLENT LOGIC !! Thats the same things I thought that made me believe it to not be hoax.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That may be hilarious, but I said nothing about Walton in my post. I simply said that it is now widely known by experts that Polygraphs are inaccurate, unreliable, and based on faulty, unfounded logic. Regarding Walton, as it has already been demonstrated by a few other members on here in this post, the questions themselves often unknowingly influence false responses to be true and vice versa. Gleening any sense of conviction that this is all now disproven simply because of a wrong answer that has already been shown to be misleading, is both illogical and useless.

What it comes down to is this: The Walton experience is one of the best, most thoroughly documented cases of alleged alien abduction ever recorded. Whether you believe him or not, its hard to discount the accounts of the other men involved, especially as they were facing very serious charges before Travis' return. I haven't read the book in a long while, but I definitely wasn't left feeling that the man had much reason to fabricate the story. That's just my view. I believe very few things beyond a shadow of a doubt. Is the Walton case one of them? No. Its not. But, I'd like to believe. I definitely lean toward that side of things. I just think its incredibly futile to try and discredit the man in this context. It seems intentional, biased, and completely manufactured.

Lastly, given that a lot of people don't understand the truth about lie detectors and their manipulation, its unusual for someone to knowingly and willingly take one while also understanding they'll be questioned about what they know is a lie.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
You guys are spending too much time on the polygraphs, look at the other parts of the story. There are many other things that don't add up.

www.debunker.com...

"Ground Saucer Watch" Memo on the Walton Incident
Conclusions (undated: probably December, 1975)

"Ground Saucer Watch," a pro-UFO organization, was the very first UFO organization on the scene of the Walton "abduction". In cooperation with Dr. J. Allen Hynek of CUFOS, Dr. Lester Stewart of GSW began to interview the Walton family while Travis was still "missing." They immediately smelled a hoax. These are their conclusions, without any changes - RS.

1. Walton never boarded the UFO. This fact is supported by the six witnesses and the polygraph test results. [3]

2. The entire Walton family has had a continual UFO history. The Walton boys have reported observing 10 to 15 separate UFO sightings (very high).

3. When Duane was questioned about his brother's disappearance, he stated that "Travis will be found, that UFO's are friendly." GSW countered, "How do you know Travis will be found?" Duane said "I have a feeling, a strong feeling." GSW asked "If the UFO 'captors' are going to return Travis, will you have a camera to record this great occurrence?" Duane, "No, if I have a camera 'they' will not return."

4. The Walton's mother showed no outward emotion over the 'loss' of Travis. She said that UFO's will not harm her son, he will be returned and that UFO's have been seen by her family many times.

5. The Walton's refused any outside scientific help or anyone who logically doubted the abduction portion of the story.

6. The media and GSW was fair to the witnesses. However, when the story started to 'fall apart' the Waltons would only talk to people who did not doubt the abduction story.

7. APRO became involved and criticized both GSW and Dr. Hynek for taking a negative position on the encounter.

8. The Waltons 'sold' their story to the National Enquirer and the story was completely twisted from the truth.

-----RS NOTES----

1. In other words, James Harder was using hypnosis to lead Travis Walton into "remembering" a proper UFO abduction story. UFOlogists cite the apparent consistencies of these stories as proof that they are supposedly authentic! But here we glimpse the real reason behind the apparent similarities: Harder rehearsed Walton's story over and over again until the latter was ready to face the press and tell a convincing story.

2. The very existence of this polygraph session with John J. McCarthy was kept secret by the National Enquirer and by APRO, with McCarthy ordered never to speak about it. The cover-up was revealed by Philip J. Klass in June, 1976. The details of the Walton hoax, and its associated cover-up, can be found in chapters 18-23 of Klass' book UFOs The Public Deceived (Buffalo, NY: Prometheus Books, 1983).

3. Apparently GSW thought that in order to have a "genuine" UFO abduction, the UFO would have to land, and pick up its passenger.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Turiddu because: Changed italics - Per SHIN-BET/SHABAK regulations 12-01

Debunker.com debunks itself in calling itself "debunker.com" imo. Meaning it is probably a disinformation camp, or i simply would not take that site serious at all. It is the tyoe that are not open to ET visitation thus have decided all cases are hoaxes and the method is to use any silly explanation one can muster. That show was utter crap! It is as unprofessional as any program on the sifi network. Paging Billy Ray Cyrus lol. I love to expose a hoax and charlatans alike but the Travis Walton case is pretty much concrete. I would bet my left nu# on it. Oh has anyone brought up Travis Waltons blood tests?

The film is 50% fiction, the real story is much more compelling especially what happened on the ship is not what happened in the story. Anyone whom has seen the film should read the real story.

www.travis-walton.com...

edit on 20-9-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Debunker debunks itself in calling itself "debunker.com" meaning it is probably a disinformation camp

Ahh to be a "believer"! With the power to shrug off any rational analysis with claims of "disinfo"

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Debunker debunks itself in calling itself "debunker.com" meaning it is probably a disinformation camp

Ahh to be a "believer"! With the power to shrug off any rational analysis with claims of "disinfo"

Oh to be debunker to shrug off anything which doesn't fit your personal view of the world by claiming it's disinfo.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I wouldn't call myself a believer in the sense of the lunatic fringe i would say i think something beyond our understanding and technology is interacting with us due to the huge amount of credible testimony and history. No this is not the "you are a paid CIA disinfo person" cop out. Im saying that obscure site has it's own agenda. What these things are i am not at liberty to conclude alien or not. That has not been proven, what has been proven time and time again is an advanced intelligence has been kidnapping people and performing medical or genetic procedures it appears. Im open minded and skeptical none the less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join