It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey travis we Love you and we know why polygraphs arent admissible in court quit playing games with these clowns on TV this doesnt PROOVE YOUR LYING AT ALL!!! Anyone who calls this definitive proof that hes lying are being REAL irresponisible. Especially if you have PTSD who can you NOT be nervous for these questions knowing the implications of having your family on TV like that. POLYGRAPHS ARE A JOKE HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
The majority of you believers seem so very upset over the results. I read that since the show does put peoples reputation on the line they have one of the best polygraph teams working for them. Travis thought they pulled it off once, why not now. So he decided to gamble on it, because he needed money of course. How do you think he would fail the most important question given to him, and fail! I will tell you why, short, sweet, and simple Hes A Liar!

One of the best polygraph teams? After all a polygraph machine is just that a POLYGRAPH MACHINE NOT a LIE DETECTOR MACHINE. It measures your bodies activity and NOT DECEPTION no matter how experienced the USER is he is still using a machine and NOT actual Discernment. Thats like saying they used the best team for using a time machine. We DONT have time machines just like we DONT have lie detectors!!!

edit on 19-9-2010 by Interfacer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

Sorry, but I see a huge contradiction with this story. How can he be passed out drunk after the fact? In the link you posted, the guy claims Travis was at Dallas' house but in the same sentence, says he doesn't know this for a fact.

All hear say and speculation

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The majority of you believers seem so very upset over the results. I read that since the show does put peoples reputation on the line they have one of the best polygraph teams working for them. Travis thought they pulled it off once, why not now. So he decided to gamble on it, because he needed money of course. How do you think he would fail the most important question given to him, and fail! I will tell you why, short, sweet, and simple Hes A Liar!

That you believe, of all thing a polygraph test shows just how desperate you must be to be *right* about this. To my mind if Travis Walton really was the bunko artist people like you wish he was he'd have learned how to sail through these tests in about 5 minutes. Hell i can tell you how to beat one here and now. Simply tighten your sphincter when you answer the control questions and you can say anything you like thereafter.

I don;t know what the truth about Travis's experience is, whether it even happened for sure. I do know you are grasping at any passing straw in some attempt to persuade yourself what you *believe* is true.

Anyone who thinks a non media trained person doing a polygraph on camera is going to react like someone who has experience is talking absolute moonshine and merely showing their total ignorance of the subject.

You are quick to call a person a liar, why? What it is about Travis that scares you so obviously that you feel the need to shout it loud and long in public that he is a liar? What has the guy ever done to you to warrant such n in the end, cowardly attack? I mean, it's not like the guy is likely to be around here to defend himself. That to me smacks of a certain cowardice, a cowardice i detect in many of the most vocal of the skeptics. It's as if you sort of peop[e are totally unable to deal with anything that might disturb your rather cosey view of the world. it's almost as if no-one is ever allowed to have something *special*, a term you love to bandy about, happen to them unless it has happened to you? Why is that? What is the huge hole in your life that sees you driven to attack those who chose to go public over, often, that which is actually painful to them. let's not forget Travis had no choice in the matter, his disappearance was a matter of legal investigation. Yes, he might have made it all up in order to cover up something else. However you have to have it both ways. on the one hand you accuse him of some elaborate chicanery and yet, apparently, the guy doesn't even have the savvy to learn how to fake a polygraph in the intervening 30 years.

Given how you portray the guy that's one hole the size of a supertanker in your logic, but then your logic, only extends to that you have decided is*real* anyway.

Fact, a polygraph test proves nothing,as you and your kind are so quick to point out when they go against you. To come on here shouting the odds over this one, as you have, tends to suggest the person with the real problems is you not Mr Walton.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Funny how the looney skpetics complained about inaccuries about polygrpah test,but this one is suddenly accurate..The people seem like they have been through hell and made fun of over this stuff all thier life. I think his body langauge proves He is telling the truth.Because He is angry at the skeptics and debunkers who have laughed and made fun of this stuff.In His case I think this is the real deal.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Also use common sense,How come every single question about his life pretained to his mental life and the UFO abduction all said he was telling the truth.But at the end it claims he is not telling the truth about the same UFO incident.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
I am not sure what I believe about Travis's story, but I will say that I do NOT think that this is conclusive proof that he was not abducted by aliens. Like the poster above me noted, how could he have answered all of the other questions truthfully but somehow this one was a lie?

Is it possible that something did happen that night, and he was "abducted" but not by aliens? This being the reason that he failed the last question? So possibly he consciously believes he was abducted by aliens but he subconsciously knows he was abducted by someone/something else? Or he consciously knows he was abducted by something/someone else but for some reason or another can't/won't admit they weren't "aliens"?

I don't really know.

The question was abducted by a UFO! Please QUOTE PROPERLY

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Funny how the looney skpetics complained about inaccuries about polygrpah test,but this one is suddenly accurate..The people seem like they have been through hell and made fun of over this stuff all thier life. I think his body langauge proves He is telling the truth.Because He is angry at the skeptics and debunkers who have laughed and made fun of this stuff.In His case I think this is the real deal.

Haha that is really funny, how ironic. To not show any credence to his actual polygraph tests from the 70's, then the one on a game show in 2010 is the cold hard proof, haha, LMAO.

And, Turiddo, your debunker link is not the best read, do you care to summarize the "holes" in the Travis Walton case? Or anyone care to explain why the Travis Walton case is not the smoking gun?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It is not hard proof dude,just is the same story.To many credible people telling the same thing.Some are liars and some are not liars.Travis Walton case I do not think he is a liar.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Skeptics who do not use common sense are not skeptics at all....Called Liars..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
All I know is in Travis Walton case.. I think it is a real abduction case..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909
This was an obvious hit piece against Travis Walton. One thing I don't like about television is that people see it on here, most will believe it is true, when in reality it is merely entertainment.

Also polygraphs are not 100% accurate and they will not hold up in most courts.

I don't know how you say that since Travis took lie detector tests before. He will not release them
in so far as I know....

After completing the exam, McCarthy determined that Travis was lying. Clark quotes from McCarthy’s official report: "Based on his reaction on all charts, it is the opinion of this examiner that Walton, in concert with others, is attempting to perpetrate a UFO hoax, and that he has not been on any spacecraft". (Clark, 640) Later, McCarthy would assert that "sometimes Travis would hold his breath, in an effort to 'beat the machine."[2]

The Waltons, APRO and the National Enquirer then agreed to keep the results of this polygraph a secret, due in large part, they insisted, to doubts about McCarthy’s methods and objectivity. Eight months later, when word of this decision was made public, there would be more charges of deception and cover-up. Travis would later take and pass two additional polygraph exams, though the suppressed results of the first exam would shadow him and earn mention in nearly every discussion of the case to the present.

Wiki

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Part 1

Part 2 (The Lie)

As we learned from this video, not only has he been lying, but was always obsessed with ufos and non-sense!

This proves precisely nothing. If lie-detectors worked, we wouldn't need juries in courts of law. We'd just hook teh accused up to a polygraph and ask him a bunch of questions. But we don't. Because polygraphs aren't reliable. So umm...yeah. Proves nothing.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thibotham
Everybody who has had an alien abduction is lying.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

They need something magical in their lives and hold on to the idea as long as they can.
And how did you come by this "truth"? Please enlighten us all as to the source of your information.

Or maybe you're just guessing. That ain't really "truth" is it?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If polygraphs were as accurate as some people would have you believe, we'd be using them extensively in the courts; but we don't! I wonder why...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I agree with you. How could he answer all of the other questions truthfully if he didn't believe he was abducted? I believe him. I think they did this on purpose.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
they ripped him off on purpose.

if everything he had said up to that point was true
then why would the being abducted one be a lie?

if that being said, then every other thing he said for this game would had to have been a lie.

he should have busted out laughing hysterically and walked out the door.

i seen the look in his eyes when they called him a liar...hes telling the truth

if it had of happened to me "the being abducted thing and all", i would have never told anyone and called the people i was with liars.

they would have made such a stink about it and would have forced me to take the polygraph, then when it came out i was lying about not being abducted, forever more they would keep their mouths shut and kissed my ass

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
It strikes me as a bias when an interest in UFOs is cited as a character flaw or used to suggest mental weakness. CSICOP associates like James Oberg, Phil Klass, Michael Shermer and guys like Ian Ridpath and Dr Clark surely fall into the same category?.

I think it should be noted the list of names you just cited also have a financial interest.

Though I'm willing to go more easy on Oberg and Clark, but that's just because I feel that they're actually looking for some semblance of truth.

Originally posted by aliengenes
they ripped him off on purpose.

if everything he had said up to that point was true
then why would the being abducted one be a lie?

if that being said, then every other thing he said for this game would had to have been a lie.

Exactly. I'm glad someone here has some deduction skills.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The OP's claims are laughable. Those videos prove nothing at all. I for one believe Walton and the rest of his crew.

no S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Actually this proves that he was telling the truth. The question was "Were you abducted by a UFO on November 5th 1975?" The reasoning why it proves he was telling the truth is because at that point when he was abducted, the UFO became identified. So of course his answer is going to be false with that question. It wasn't a UFO at all. After the whole experience of being abducted and ALL of the questions leading up to that final one gives us a hint of what kind of person he is. He never calls in sick for work when he wasn't sick? Come on. I didn't believe his answer at first. But judging his mannerisms he seems true. But if the basis for his last question has to be compiled together with all the other previous questions then you have to look at all of the specifics of the questions relating to the answers and as a whole. So this is why his official story is proven correct and even when the head of skeptic magazine came out with his question he stood his ground and even pointed out evidence of which is on record with the police. From his body mannerisms you can tell he's gone through that many times before. AND to add the fact that the other members of the group all took polygraph tests(some even twice) with all of them passing. So with the accounts of 7 people, all passing and in private without being in front of thousands of viewers that can cause one's readings to go haywire, AND 30 years of being scrutinized and humiliated, he sticks to his story and his credibility still stands.

So in Travis' mind when he answered the question about a "UFO" he was just putting the association of that acronym-name of the object of which he saw. Instead of thinking it is called an extra-terrestrial craft/disc. He was just thinking, of course it is a UFO. But subliminally, his mind was deciphering the acronym and knew it wasn't unidentified so his subconscious made the polygraph answer false.

Or for those that believe that this silly game show was rigged by TPTB to discredit this UFO disclosure movement through their deceptive powers, it could also be just another way to knock that movement down a notch.

Like Walton said, (paraphrased)the movement for disclosure has grown and is continuing to grow.

Those who hold the evidence and the power are few and are becoming more afraid everyday. It's truly fantasy to believe we are just floating in this vast universe with so many galactic clusters we can't even count and that we are the only life-forms in this universe. You want proof, just look back into earth's history and see how long it took our species and civilization to get to this point. THEN look at other planetary systems that are closer to the center of where the theorized big bang started and just realize how much older those systems are. Then go outside on a clear night and just look up into the damn sky and see just a small fraction of this universe of which we exist. Then look down at the ground and realized that there are millions of micro organisms living beneath your feet on the ground of which you stand. What are the chances millions of organisms living on one planet living together and clashing at the same time? The proof of the possibilities are all around us. You want proof government holds secrets, well, I don't have to do much on that part, just look at all those black projects that are declassified after many years of being secret. If you were living in the 1980's would you be able to prove that the US government was working on the B-2 Spirit before 22 November 1988? If you could, you'd be killed and the evidence would be removed or facts would be bent. OR you would have no physical proof other than your word. But to a dogmatic skeptic that is NEVER good enough. What about being open to the possibility that they are actually telling the truth? Isn't that part of being skeptical?

It's amazing to me people can just be dogmatically skeptic, we have a government that deals in secrets and will do ANYTHING to keep them. Have they not proven that already?

Now, all that being said, nobody really knows for sure what happened that day of November 5th, 1975 except those 7 men who were there that day. We'll never know....until it happens to all of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join