It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

That's your proof Travis Walton is lying?
Seriously, dude...aaaareeeeeeeeee you reeeeeeeeeetaaarded?
1. It's a f8cking gameshow.
2. polygraphs are bullshiz....
en.wikipedia.org...
3.polygraphs are bullshiz....
www.milkandcookies.com...
4.Ugh...nice try.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Are you kidding?
If i point a gun at your head will you tell the truth or say whatever it takes?
If you hook me up to a polygraph, all i got to do is pucker my anus on every question, and i walk...
not even close to useful..
which is a big reason there is still a TSA...75% of you think they are doing a great job by abusing you.
and you deserve every minute of it.
....you have no brains and even less common sense, even when the evidence is staring you in the face....
Dr. freaking Sal is a prime example...
proven hoax, yet i still see posts popping up about his veracity, AFTER HE FRIGGING CAME OUT AND ADMITTED IT WAS A HOAX.....
FFS, get it together...this site is so full of it...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The only thing that these videos prove is that TPTB will do anything to discredit any truth to the UFO cases. As many already pointed out, how could he have answered all truthfully and then the last one be false? Seems to much of a put on and how many people actually fell for it? At least it exposed many more people to the subject of UFOs and abductions. So if at least one person after viewing the show would actually do more research into the matter, at least some good came out of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Forgive me if this info has already been posted in this thread. Michael Shermer wrote a follow up to the show, Muddle of Truth

In it Travis talks about being on the show. I think it is well worth reading.

I have read further in the thread and saw that Travis has already given this info here.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Twilightgem because: jumped the gun on posting before reading more.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I believe Travis told the truth about his experience.......100%

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

'The answer was false.'

Shock and horror!

I was feeling the tension in those last moments too! I don't think we're any closer to knowing what really happened. The questions that he supposedly answered correctly were related to aspects of his claims also. By that, it's at least indicative that the polygraph isn't accurate.

Flagged for posting it. It's an instant part of Travis Walton folklore.

Edit to add:

.... not only has he been lying, but was always obsessed with ufos and non-sense!

It strikes me as a bias when an interest in UFOs is cited as a character flaw or used to suggest mental weakness. CSICOP associates like James Oberg, Phil Klass, Michael Shermer and guys like Ian Ridpath and Dr Clark surely fall into the same category?.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Kandinsky because: bacon and eggs

It is a well-earned bias. Take the Hills case. Those who didn't do in-depth research accepted the abduction claim as having really happened. You dig into Betty's past and you find out that she was active in UFOlogy which helps construct details that the gullible accept as real. She also spoke in her sleep and Barney lying next to her in a mentally receptive state could repeat what she said making it sound as if he also experienced whatever she was blabbing.

en.wikipedia.org...
"Dr. Simon's conclusionsAfter extensive hypnosis sessions, Dr. Simon concluded that Barney's recall of the UFO encounter was a fantasy inspired by Betty's dreams. Though Simon admitted this hypothesis did not explain every aspect of the experience, he thought it was the most plausible and consistent explanation."

"Paranormal investigator Brian Dunning reports that the hypnosis sessions occurred over two years after the reported abductions, plenty of time for the couple to discuss their encounter. In a 2008 article, Dunning calls their story "merely an inventive tale from the mind of a lifelong UFO fanatic.."

"In his 1990 article "Entirely Unpredisposed", Martin Kottmeyer suggested that Barney's memories revealed under hypnosis might have been influenced by an episode of the science fiction television show The Outer Limits titled "The Bellero Shield", which was broadcast about two weeks before Barney's first hypnotic session. The episode featured an extraterrestrial with large eyes who says, "In all the universes, in all the unities beyond the universes, all who have eyes have eyes that speak." The report from the regression featured a scenario that was in some respects similar to the television show. In part, Kottmeyer wrote:"

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by Kandinsky

'The answer was false.'

Shock and horror!

I was feeling the tension in those last moments too! I don't think we're any closer to knowing what really happened. The questions that he supposedly answered correctly were related to aspects of his claims also. By that, it's at least indicative that the polygraph isn't accurate.

Flagged for posting it. It's an instant part of Travis Walton folklore.

Edit to add:

.... not only has he been lying, but was always obsessed with ufos and non-sense!

It strikes me as a bias when an interest in UFOs is cited as a character flaw or used to suggest mental weakness. CSICOP associates like James Oberg, Phil Klass, Michael Shermer and guys like Ian Ridpath and Dr Clark surely fall into the same category?.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Kandinsky because: bacon and eggs

It is a well-earned bias. Take the Hills case. Those who didn't do in-depth research accepted the abduction claim as having really happened. You dig into Betty's past and you find out that she was active in UFOlogy which helps construct details that the gullible accept as real. She also spoke in her sleep and Barney lying next to her in a mentally receptive state could repeat what she said making it sound as if he also experienced whatever she was blabbing.

en.wikipedia.org...
"Dr. Simon's conclusionsAfter extensive hypnosis sessions, Dr. Simon concluded that Barney's recall of the UFO encounter was a fantasy inspired by Betty's dreams. Though Simon admitted this hypothesis did not explain every aspect of the experience, he thought it was the most plausible and consistent explanation."

"Paranormal investigator Brian Dunning reports that the hypnosis sessions occurred over two years after the reported abductions, plenty of time for the couple to discuss their encounter. In a 2008 article, Dunning calls their story "merely an inventive tale from the mind of a lifelong UFO fanatic.."

"In his 1990 article "Entirely Unpredisposed", Martin Kottmeyer suggested that Barney's memories revealed under hypnosis might have been influenced by an episode of the science fiction television show The Outer Limits titled "The Bellero Shield", which was broadcast about two weeks before Barney's first hypnotic session. The episode featured an extraterrestrial with large eyes who says, "In all the universes, in all the unities beyond the universes, all who have eyes have eyes that speak." The report from the regression featured a scenario that was in some respects similar to the television show. In part, Kottmeyer wrote:"

i take it that the star map Betty drew and was later confirmed as yet of undiscovered star system or locations that matched her original star map is hoaxed too.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If polygraphs were proof that people were lying then they would be allowed as evidence in court. They are no such thing. Why don't you research the accuracy of polygraphs? It might help to prevent you from looking foolish with your posts in the future.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
snip
i take it that the star map Betty drew and was later confirmed as yet of undiscovered star system or locations that matched her original star map is hoaxed too.

www.csicop.org...
Over the Hill on UFO Abductions

Once again, the “star map” Betty Hill allegedly saw on board the UFO is trotted out as “proof” of the story. Selecting sun-like stars from the latest catalog of nearby stars, Marjorie Fish spent many long hours looking for a pattern that matches the sketch Betty Hill drew by posthypnotic suggestion, supposedly replicating a map she had seen aboard the saucer. After much effort, she believed she had found one. The controversy over the star map is so complex that it is impossible to cover in detail here. The detailed counter-argument is in my paper in the Encounters volume, arguments routinely ignored by Friedman, Marden, and all other pro-star-map writers. In brief, it is necessary to “fudge” the data to make the Fish map come out the way it does. One “favorable” star needs to be excluded, and two “almost favorable” stars selectively included, for Fish’s purpose. My conclusion was, “The apparent validity of the Fish map is due to selective inclusion of data and by misdrawing the map to make it appear to match Betty Hill’s sketch.” Perhaps the simplest and most telling argument against the Fish map was made by astronomers Steven Soter and Carl Sagan back in 1975, who pointed out that the apparent resemblance between the two patterns exists almost entirely because of the way the lines are drawn connecting the dots. View the two patterns as unconnected dots, and they appear as different as two patterns can be.

Another problem for the star map believers, for the most part ignored, is that the supposed “match” of Marjorie Fish is not unique. To date, there have been at least four other supposed identifications of the pattern. One is by Betty Hill herself, depicting the constellation Pegasus. A second is by Charles Atterberg depicting nearby stars, but different ones than Fish uses. A third is by two German UFOlogists, who attempt to match it up with our solar system’s major and minor planets. A fourth is by Yari Danjo, who finds the aliens’ home star system to be Alpha Centauri. Marden dismisses Betty’s Pegasus map as “only a coincidence” and dismisses Atterberg’s work as lacking “the solid basis found by Fish.” Actually, Atterberg’s pattern is much closer to Betty’s sketch than the Fish pattern, and accounts for a greater number of stars. The lesson of the star map? Given an almost unlimited number of degrees of freedom in selecting what you will include in your search, what scale you will use, and what vantage point you will take, it is to be expected that quite a number of apparent matches to Betty’s pattern can be found if one is willing to expend enough effort to do so.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I have to agree with what you say about the "star map". It is my understanding that it can roughly match many possible star positions. It is hard to take it seriously at all, as you have to question the accuracy of the original rendering as far as it being an exact copy of what she saw (or remembered seeing).

As far as using polygraphs as evidence of truth or lies, I think that polygraphs are pretty much quack science. The might in some case provide an interesting side show for a "documentary" but they are useless for telling us whether someone is telling the truth. In the Travis Walton case, I think that people have tried to use polygraphs to prove that Travis Walton is telling the truth and to prove that he is lying.

I don't know if his story is true, but I think that polygraphs are at best, a circus side show attraction.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

WAIT!! you mean to tell me that this one polygraph on this Hollywood show has contradicted six other polygraphs of six other people? and the first six polygraphs were done recently after the event, this ONE polygraph is decades after the event and tied to an audience on national television, A POLYGRAPH HAS CONTRADICTED A POLYGRAPH? omg such surprise and shock ill never understand why such things arent admissible in court especially seeing this were the same test had two different results,

so one test, two different results, op of the thread wants to use the second set of results to disprove the first set of results, would be equally justified to use the same excuse to say the first results disprove the second,

or the true scientific method would be to throw out all the results as inconclusive make no determination and look for a new form of testing....... anything else is just believing whatever you want to believe without logic

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yea, polygraphs are hard to beat but can be beat if you know how and practice...a lot!

But the odds on all six witnesses doing this or getting six bad readings are off the charts.

Because he was into UFO's also makes him more likely a hoaxer? What kind of friggin logic is that?

After watching the testimony on that SYFY show and seeing grown men weep, I was convinced...screw the polygraphs.

This thread is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

totaly agree and btw i love your avatar, lol!

btw cia tactic to falsify a polygraph, place a thumbtack in your show under your big toe, when you want them to think your telling a lie put pressure on the tack, the pain on your toe will give the reading of a lie,

they ask control or "test" questions in the beginning which are usualy like is your name "realname" say yes ofc with pressure on the tack, so your truths look like lies and your lies (without tac pressure) will look like truths

easy peasy

oh and just posting a small detail from a link that another poster put in this thread already, thought it could use some quoting
www.skepticblog.org...

Now that the airing of the show ends the “gag clause” in my contract (with its $1 million penalty) I am free to reveal that Moment of Truth has used testing methods that the producers were informed from the beginning were long ago completely discredited by every polygraph expert, lie detector school, and polygraph professional association in existence. I’ll quote here specific condemnations of the show’s methods by four of the world’s most highly respected polygraph experts who agree: “the polygraph aspect of the show has no validity whatsoever.” I will reveal other blatant deceptions the show has committed. And I will provide details of how, after the show, I underwent two of the most rigorous new polygraph tests available anywhere in the world........

When the “false” verdict (to the question “Were you abducted into a UFO on November 5, 1975?”) was announced the audience started booing. The host, Mark L. Walberg, turned to them and asked, “How many still believe he is telling the truth?” The audience erupted in cheering, long and loud. He asked how many now disbelieved and got only a few scattered calls from the back. They cut this out. Not long after the show I wrote one of the show staff and said, “They could edit that out or cut the volume…but that would be deceptive, wouldn’t it?” My prediction was right.......

Arizona State Police polygraph examiner Cy Gilson, who tested the entire woods crew, said, “there can be no validity to the test results in such a procedure. The pseudo examiner is a whore and the show’s producer is the pimp.” .

so ya # that show
edit on 10/11/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I watched the two video clips and I was curious - so I took notes as I watched.

It's a game show! There's money to be won! It's entertainment - sensationalism!!!!

I noticed that none of the questions were probing questions. I noticed that the questions were all closed questions that would only elicit a yes or no answer. As a former Police officer - if you want to get to the truth - the last thing you do is ask closed questions!!!!!

Closed questions are a form of control and that is exactly how the game show was written. The show is completely controlled from beginning to end. I was completely amused by the doctor who had examined Travis Walton after his contact/experience and he could not make a diagnosis - he had to be creative and make one up!!!!! Afterwards Travis completed a battery of tests with all his results normal.

What is with the 'disembodied' voice telling everyone what to think????!!!! It is a sad day indeed when people watching a game show put their faith in a disembodied voice....

The skeptic was probably a narcissist - they are incapable of empathy and are pathological liars - as well as believing they are the centre of the universe. Look them up in the psychiatric diagnostic manual - once you know what to look for - you will realise I am not taking a guess but working on facts. The skeptic stated - "I just don't believe you." I can work with that but only because I could see right through him.

A disembodied voice - on a game show - where you can win money - based on an unseen polygraph - from unseen footage - by unseen people - calls Travis Walton a liar. I call the show a lie - fake - edited - not factual and completely fabricated to show just how easy it is to fool people who are asleep and unaware.

The Universe is vast and we share it with a vast number of planets in their own galaxies - anyone who truly believes that we earthly humans are the only intelligent life is not permitting their intellect to thrive!!!!

Much Peace...
edit on 11-10-2012 by Amanda5 because: Spelling

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well I'm sure many of us know this thread, now let's hear from Travis's own words about the incident.

I believe this is the only time Travis failed correct? And his friend inconclusive once. But many tests have been passed.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join