It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just witnessed something odd occur in the sky. Anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Alright, I just seen something strange happen while walking to my sisters house. This happened less than an hour ago (7:40 PM). I live in Southern California (Brawley if you want to search it up).

Okay, While I was walking to her house, I noticed a bright bright star, thought it was Venus, as it's always near that postion, also I'm able to see the other 2 planets near it just not bright as it. Well as I kept looking at it, I had to turn, causing me to have my back facing the star/object. So I was now facing the opposite direction. It must of happened within a blink of the eye and that same star/object was now in front of me. It was still at the same brightness, but now moving slowly left. I observed it for about i'd say about 3 seconds as it moved left, and it suddenly stopped and remained stationary. I even went back to the front of where she lives to see if it was just a different star/object. But it wasn't. The same star/object I had viewed walking to her house, was now in the opposite direct. That all happened within 10 seconds or so, from me turning my back and it now being in my sights again.

I also noticed alot of Airplanes and Jets back and forth.

And then..........I decided to come back home, to get my binoculars to see if I was able to see something. As I walked infront of where she live's I noticed to my right, A bright orange-reddish object. This object too was moving slowly to the left. And the same thing happened, I saw it move slowly for about 3 seconds, and it stopped, and remained stationary. So I decided to stay there for a few minutes to see what else might happen. After the few minutes passed I decided to go and home and see if I was able to view it from the front of where I live. Which I was. It was still there. So now Im looking back and forth at the stars/objects (1 to my Left - 1 to my right) And when I glance at the first star/object I described, I looked back at the other, and it was gone.

I just came in from outside, and as far as I know the 1st star/object is still there. Getting dimmer and brighter. But remaining stationary.

Honestly, I have no idea how it went from point A to point B in a blink of an eye. When I step out my house, especially at night, My head goes directly to the skys, and I know for a fact that there was no star as bright as the one i'm describing.

Well there it is. I thought this was very very odd, and was wondering if anyone else near Southern Cali, noticed this.

Please ask questions if you have any, i'm more than happy to answer them.

-Thanks.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Oozii because: Edited Title

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
very odd indeed

guess we'll see how many other people saw it.

trust me you aren't the only one noticing weird stuff in the sky. The other day I say 2 blinking lights maneuvering fairly quickly in the sky. Ive seen various flying objects move in the sky, it wasn't anything like I've seen before. And then they just disappeared.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, sometimes the mind can play tricks on you...especially with jupiter or venus.

I love watching the stars, spotting satellites, watching shooting stars, etc...I have often simply sat under the stars for a couple hours at a time nightly just watching (and of course looking for the ever elusive UFOs).

Many times I have turned my head to see...or percieve rather, a star shooting all around, moving to the left, etc...sometimes quite fast, then suddenly stop..

Eventually I realized the star didn't move, my perception was screwed either from a cloud moving nearby that made the star look like it was moving for a moment, or something of that nature.

Especially if your a bit tired, then stars start jiggling all over the place. Just something to keep in mind..What you seen may be explained by this, or may be something else, but if this seems like a reasonable answer...then I would venture to say go with that until something else comes up to make you re-examine it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghandi
very odd indeed

guess we'll see how many other people saw it.

trust me you aren't the only one noticing weird stuff in the sky. The other day I say 2 blinking lights maneuvering fairly quickly in the sky. Ive seen various flying objects move in the sky, it wasn't anything like I've seen before. And then they just disappeared.

Yeah, i've had my share of odd sightings aswell, this one is one of the top. I'd be ecstatic if anyone also witness this.

I'd also like to add that I live in area where im surrounded by fields. If I walk across the street, I'm directly infront of a field. And they go on for miles. And also i'm on the outskirts of town. So when the stars are out and shining, I can view them better than people who live near town.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, sometimes the mind can play tricks on you...especially with jupiter or venus.

I love watching the stars, spotting satellites, watching shooting stars, etc...I have often simply sat under the stars for a couple hours at a time nightly just watching (and of course looking for the ever elusive UFOs).

Many times I have turned my head to see...or percieve rather, a star shooting all around, moving to the left, etc...sometimes quite fast, then suddenly stop..

Eventually I realized the star didn't move, my perception was screwed either from a cloud moving nearby that made the star look like it was moving for a moment, or something of that nature.

Especially if your a bit tired, then stars start jiggling all over the place. Just something to keep in mind..What you seen may be explained by this, or may be something else, but if this seems like a reasonable answer...then I would venture to say go with that until something else comes up to make you re-examine it.

Yeah I understand what you mean. As for the weather out here, it's clear skies. I know sometimes I'll be outside sitting down and stargazing, and thinking I see something moving, But what I'd do is look at a different spot in the sky and view the object I think I see moving out the corner of my eye.

As for the objects im describing, As soon as I saw the object was moving, I stopped walking and stood still just to see if it wasn't me.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Dear Oozii

I think I can answer this one.

Venus is in the WEST and Mars is in the east. Right now Mars is very close and very bright much the same as Venus.

So it is my guess that Venus was obscured by Cloud and you saw Mars then Visa versa.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by Oozii

Dear Oozii

I think I can answer this one.

Venus is in the WEST and Mars is in the east. Right now Mars is very close and very bright much the same as Venus.

So it is my guess that Venus was obscured by Cloud and you saw Mars then Visa versa.

I've been outside looking in the same area I saw it in the first place.

There was no clouds, no darker area in the sky, I can see stars in the same area. Just not the one I saw there in the first place.

Im gonna re-install the Stallerium right now and see what comes up for my area.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

hey Oozii, I just wanted to let you know out here on the east coast things are odd too. Not as odd as what you've just explained to me but I must say I've noticed an oddly placed "planet". Out to the East there's a bright object but I cannot place exactly what it seems to be. I just posted about it in another thread and really, it could be Jupiter or Venus, I assume it's one of those two because it's pretty bright. But, as I said as well, it seems to flash for no more than a fraction of a second. Like, it flashes once and it doesn't do it again. It could just be my eyes though. Odd, thank you for the thread though
Good to know I'm not going crazy...

Oh wait...I still might be, but I think this lessens the odds a little. I'll post again tomorrow or sometime if I notice anything else (or if I find out what it really is).

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
reply to post by Oozii

hey Oozii, I just wanted to let you know out here on the east coast things are odd too. Not as odd as what you've just explained to me but I must say I've noticed an oddly placed "planet". Out to the East there's a bright object but I cannot place exactly what it seems to be. I just posted about it in another thread and really, it could be Jupiter or Venus, I assume it's one of those two because it's pretty bright. But, as I said as well, it seems to flash for no more than a fraction of a second. Like, it flashes once and it doesn't do it again. It could just be my eyes though. Odd, thank you for the thread though
Good to know I'm not going crazy...

Oh wait...I still might be, but I think this lessens the odds a little. I'll post again tomorrow or sometime if I notice anything else (or if I find out what it really is).

Hey PS. Thanks for the reply. Im glad i'm not the only one witnessing strange incidents in the night sky.

Ofcourse the things I'm seeing doesn't always have to be something "not of this world". and could have a simple explanation, but this one I just cannot think of 1 that makes sense to me.

We better hope we are not going crazy or we might end up in a padded cell

top topics

join