It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore calls Canada 'shameful' on U.S. war dodgers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I dunno all, speaking as an American here but I figure it this way...Who is Michael Moore to insinuate Canada should allow illegal immigrants from the U.S. into Canada too use up their tax payers resources? Canada should not have to pay for someones way simply cause some people from America wanna run from their government.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
because according to the UN charter and international law, pre-emptive strikes or pre-emptive wars are considered a category of illegal war of aggression.

Care to point out the exact section of the UN charter, and exactly which "International Law" states that...

edit on 19/9/10 by dereks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I see him as a capitalist.. He is no different from Fox in his efforts to make money.
He endorses an extreme left view and denies all else in his material. I'm sure he's quite intelligent, but hes got money to make.

He's wrong on this issue. This isn't a war they were forced into, it's a voluntary military and not a draft. If you don't want to go to war don't join the military..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Son of Will

I see him as a capitalist.. He is no different from Fox in his efforts to make money.
He endorses an extreme left view and denies all else in his material. I'm sure he's quite intelligent, but hes got money to make.

He's wrong on this issue. This isn't a war they were forced into, it's a voluntary military and not a draft. If you don't want to go to war don't join the military..

But they were joining up to fight a war on politically false pretenses. They're entire enlistment was under-minded, and believing they were going there to save people only to kill them for no logical reason. What are you supposed to do in that situation? You could either gain asylum in another country, defect to the enemy, or kill yourself (and US military suicides are always on the rise).

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
In regards to the legality of this war:

The United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan said in September 2004 that: "From our point of view and the UN Charter point of view, it [the war] was illegal."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Article 1 of the Charter of the United Nations proclaims the goal of suppressing acts of aggression "in conformity with the principles of justice and international law." The International Criminal Court, which will serve a crucial purpose in the system of international justice, should be empowered to punish those who commit the supreme crime, the crime of aggression, regardless of their country of origin.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
In regards to the legality of this war:

The United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan said in September 2004 that: "From our point of view and the UN Charter point of view, it [the war] was illegal."

Except we all know why Kofi was against the war - his son was getting huge kicbacks from the oil for food programme

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Except we all know why Kofi was against the war - his son was getting huge kicbacks from the oil for food programme

This type of argument is getting old and pretty lame by now, you are probably one of the few who haven't figured it out yet.

See how you straight away targeted Kofi's credibility? Is it really about his credibility or about his comment? We are discussing his comment aren't we?

Counter his comments please.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Canada harbored cowards from the United States during the Vietnam "War" because they weren't largely involved in the conflict like the US was and this is aside the fact that the people of Canada are more liberal than the people of the United States.

I'm not sure that I like the use of the term "coward". Aside from the fact that US citizens shouldn't have been forced to fight in a pointless war, I would like to point out that being afraid for your own life isn't something that should be criticised by anyone.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

I'm not sure that I like the use of the term "coward". Aside from the fact that US citizens shouldn't have been forced to fight in a pointless war, I would like to point out that being afraid for your own life isn't something that should be criticised by anyone.

Very good point.

A coward could be a person who goes and takes the easy road to death, rather than taking care of his family, wife, kids, parents, brother and sister.

Last I heard, suicide was a way of cowards, not living.

So people who want to live, don't call them cowards

top topics

<< 1   >>

join