It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Alien Child Molester Awarded $4.5 Million in California!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

You know I think that is probably the core of the case. There was probably some evidence of corruption or negligence. Other wise a lot of guys at Pelican Bay would be walking around with millions in their pockets.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
You just gotta laugh at the title. "Illegal Alien Child Molester"

Could you make someone sound any worse?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

As much as I believe they have a duty to protect those in their custody.. I know it's not realistic..

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the guards went so far as to incite the beating, and wait until he was thoroughly beaten to break it up. I think there's probably a lot more than a pedophile getting beaten by some guys in this case.

You would have to go pretty far in proving serious negligence or corruption on the prison to get this kind of money.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

don't paint this guy the victim, the victim is that 6 year old girl and the tax payers... the joke is the judicial system

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

This is hard for me to say because his crime disgusts me.

The irrelevant and emotive fact he is an illegal is of no real value.It is only mentioned to fuel further outrage to the case.And apparently, succeeded.

If as a society we feel the just punishment for child molestation is the offender is badly beaten and incarcerated (and perhaps it should be, I certainly wouldn't be protesting if it was a legally enforceable consequence) We need to attempt to enforce this as a legality, If as a society that is the preferred punishment.

I hear many people suggesting that all molesters deserve to be beaten.
But I am yet to hear someone say that they have a group, a lobby if you will that are campaigning to enforce physical punishment on convicted child molesters.

The fact is the current punishment for convicted child molesters does not include physical violence,
If it DID it would likely not be administered by other incarcerated individuals.

It has been well established that child molesters are regarded with contempt, and often violence within the prison environment.And yet thy seem to be held within the general prison population.Why?

Political prisoners and petty criminals aside, I do not condone convicted criminals passing moral judgment and administering punishment on others whose actions they consider to be unacceptable.
Who is a murderer ,or rapist to be deciding who is morally repugnant and dishing out punishment?

All prisoners, regardless of the actions they committed should be free from the possibility of having justice inflicted on them from other prisoners.

Of course as other posters have suggested the child who was sadly violated should be entitled to a significant sum of the pay out to compensate for the vile acts that have been committed against her.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That little girl will probably be scarred for life. I have known women who were sexually abused as children. If that man didn't break the law in the first place by coming here and then again by abusing that child, he wouldn't have been in prison. There are way more prisoners than guards, and I'm sure they can't catch everything 24/7. Though I can't stand violence of any kind, I am angered that this man got millions of dollars after sexually abusing a 6 year old!

I am sick to death of all the pedophiles and murderers and gang members and thieves that waltz over and do as they please. I am sick of our own government deciding when and if to enforce laws.

Yet another crime that could have been avoided. Yet another child left to bare scars for the rest of her life. And how many have died at the hands of an illegal who have had previous arrests and been deported only to return???? A mother and daughter coming home from the daughters dance class, a little boy in front of his house, a child eating ice cream, all minding their own business and dead! Dead and abused people everywhere because laws were not enforced. this is not the America I grew up in.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You know, they probably suggested he stay in solitary confinement for his own protection, he and his lawyer probably argued against it..

Until someone can say that isn't the case then I'd say any harm done to him was his "own fault"

I've had a few family members work in the prison system and its usual to suggest solitary for crimes such as this so I'm not just talking without some knowledge...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Poor, poor little child molester!

I swear I come to the point I am beginning
to question my sanity. Why should I
give a rats ass about this punk? The
simple fact is; is that the convicts got
more justice for this little girl than the
jury or state system.

For those who cry for this freak and his
poor past and what led him to this little
girl? It was more than likely a couple
of other kids that no one knows about.

I this punk attacked this girl in a public
park all it really shows in the end is he
did not care about the consequences.
He had done this before and got away
with it.

As far guards protecting every convict, it
will never happen. The inmate to guard
ratio is way to high and the inmates pretty
much run the place anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
don't paint this guy the victim, the victim is that 6 year old girl and the tax payers... the joke is the judicial system

I am sorry my friend, but your vision is limited. Yes, the 6 year old girl is the most INNOCENT victim, but everyone is a victim of this tragedy. If you get a flat tire on the highway, do you shout obscenities at the tire, kick it and beat it into submission, in hopes that that will fix the root of the problem?

Child molestation is a heinous crime. I know that from my own experiences. What does not fix the problem is the way we handle it today. Do we not have enough history to prove this?

Please, re-read my previous post, and think hard on what I said. Look past your own anger and see if the truth does not resonate through. Failure to do so, will only leave our society broken down on the side of the highway.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This makes me believe that it`s more than the illegal that`s playing the system here. Just on whos behalf did the lawyer sue for? The illegal, or his own? And what percentage did the lawyer get? You can be sure, he didn`t charge the standard fee.

Maybe the lawyer should have been asked a normal question in this case, like, what was this person doing in the country illegally in the first place?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Now the family of the child should sue him for what he did in civil court. OH and his lawyer too.

Star to you.

It seems like todays society coddles to individuals, illegal or not, who are demented and perverted like this molester. I'm surprised that the parents of the child wasn't charged for negligence for allowing this to happen. This type of action from authorities seem so common in todays society.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
The way I see it.. Is if you are in custody. You are in custody.

They have an obligation to protect you, regardless of your crime. And they failed to protect him..

Not that I sympathize with a child molestor, but his crime does not excuse the fact that they failed to protect him.

I don't post here often at all but this got to me. As Americans we pay taxes to pay the salary of police officers to protect us....so in the case of the little girl...didn't they fail to protect her, seeing as how she was in a public park when this occured? Shouldn't the parents be able to sue the county for not protecting them? We PAY them to protect us....the american citizen...we PAY them to keep people like this off the streets, out of our parks and neighborhoods....If he can sue the county for "negligence" why cant the parents do the same to say..the border patrol for not keeping this person out of the country in the first place?

I do believe they should have paid more attention to their child..i have 3 of my own, 2 girls...and they were never out of my sight at that age when we were in public. Everyone involved is at fault here except for that little girl....the police, the parents..the guards at the prison. The judge that let this even go through...and the lawyer for being greedy as all hell...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by Miraj

The way I see it, if he molested a 6 yr old then he deserved all he got and then some.

Well, the disenfranchised elite treat this as an 'it is part of thir culture' issue and lump every under a milloin dollar per year earning household as part of the same group. Goodness, which group truely pays the taxes that keep these societal parasites afloat?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
California certainly has problems beyond the mental capacity of any normal and rational people. I cannot even process this decision to grant this man a small fortune. The man met his fate in prison just like Jeffery Dahmer met his. Let's not forget the countless other inmates who are shanked, beaten or raped on a daily basis. Where is their fortune?? The precedent has been set and the bar has been lowered.

Great lesson to teach any and all illegal alien child molesters who may be lurking in the parks of California.

Any ideas on how to speed up the process of California becoming its own island???

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I'm not judging, that isn't my job... but what I do know, when you choose to live outside the law, whatever happens to you is your fault. once you go to jail, you have no real rights(except the right to 3 meals and to sue apparently)
once you operate out of the law and hurt somebody, you should go away forever... I'm not judging them on their salvation, that is between him and the maker... but this skid, does not belong amongst the population... and doesn't deserve that money...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have a friend of mine who at one point was incarcerated in the prison system.

There was a man he was in there with that went by the nickname "Mo-Raper".

Basically he was the friendly neighborhood chi-mo raper of this particular prison.

A child molester would be celled and then Mo-Raper would mysteriously get a transfer to that very cell.

He would then proceed to rape them. Viciously. My friend said you could hear their screams from every corner of the prison. He apparently took pride in his child molester raping skillz.

With that said: Am I surprised he won in a court? Nope. Am I surprised he wasn't beaten all the way to death? Yes. Yes I am.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

that is kind of funny in a sick way... It reminds me of Nasty Nate from the movie Half Baked
That is the best name for a Prison Rape Master

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
My friends,

This whole situation is but a reflection of what we have become as a society.

First, we have a person in this country as an illegal. What is an ILLEGAL?? Did God not create this Earth for Man? Is it not big enough to share? No, we would much rather draw imaginary lines in the dirt and say this part is mine and this part is yours. Why? Because that is the way the Man tells us it should be. Who is the Man? I don't know, the one in charge? Who is in charge, who is in charge of OUR will that we can be so blind to this insanity of borders. Is our fellow Man so detestable we cannot share this whole planet. For goodness sake people we are ALL Family!

Second, we have a child molester. We judge him and throw him in a cage like an animal with other men we have already conditioned to be animals. Yet, even those animals still have a bit of Humanity left for a child, misguided as it may be. Now, even if they did not beat him to a pulp, what did we do to find out why he feels that harming a child this way is right? Nothing! We know nothing of him or his past. We know nothing of what he was taught from his own childhood. We have not even bothered trying to HELP him realise what he is doing wrong. Why? because it is cheeper to just toss him in a cage than rehabilitate him. The prison industrial complex gets more of YOUR money, and with luck, when he gets out he will do it again, giving more profits to the prison system. Condemn him if you want. By supporting this system, you only help it grow. Soon, they will have more prisons, thus needing more laws, so that maybe you too can join the system.

Third, what is being done to help the victim? A couple days of counselling, she'll hit her teens, become an outcast due to personality disorders, we'll medicate her (more profits for the pharmaceuticals). She'll become bi-polar or maybe even schizophrenic. She won't be able to support herself, hold a job. Chances are she'll bounce around from boy friend to boy friend looking for her innocent love that was taken so early. She will be on disability if not working the streets because all her dignity is lost. This is the typical scenario. If she is lucky and has a family with money, she may get help. Then we might have the pleasure of another Paris Hilton showing our young girls how cool it is to be flaunt your sexuality and go through life in a drunken stupor.

Lastly, how many family members have had to endure all this pain because as a society, we have become a "We take care of our own" if we are fortunate, but most likely "You take care of yourself". The parents and family of the child, the parents and family of the molester, and all of you.

Yes you. How many read that article and felt joy and happiness?

When will we grow weary of this misery? When will we wake up to how WE can fix this broken heaven?

For love of money, we weep...

With Love,

Your Brother

This is very bold and maybe even misguided even though you mean well. Let's start with a country's imaginary lines as you called them. They are there for a purpose. For instance, you should try this and see if your mind changes. Invite murderers, rapists, child molesters, thieves, etc. to your imaginary property and imaginary home. Give them shelter, food and all the love you can. Remember, it is not yours, God made all that and we should all stick together. I am not trying to degrade you, but give you my point of view. Then again maybe we should all give these sickos a pat on the back for a job well done. Heck maybe even give them some tips on how to commit another crime. That was sarcasm...sorry.

Now onto the illegal immigrant child molester. I believe in unconditional love for all life. However, I draw the line when it comes to a crime involving a victim. If your child was molested, raped or murdered, would you show compassion for the perpetrator? Would you be satisfied with him/her being awarded money for surviving the beating he took behind bars for committing such said crime? Should he have been protected? Maybe, but he sure does not deserve to be rewarded for molesting a child. This is exactly what it is.

I agree that the justice system is messed up. People are treated like crap in jail/prison. Many of them cannot be rehabilitated during their time or after. Prison is a business and a booming one. A lot of prisoners are victims of crimes committed against themselves. Where is the justice in that?

Lastly, the victim. How does a child get over such a tragedy that never should have taken place. Part of the blame does go to the adult(s) who were supposed to be watching him/her. This is a generalization. The victims in these cases are given nothing. What was done can not be taken back and no amount of legal punishment to the criminal never fits the crime. I believe that child molesters should be castrated and let them bleed out. Crime can be fixed, we just have to have harsher punishments that fit the crime. Repeated offenders shouldn't be given 3 hots and a cot. They should be put on a habitable island completely isolated from anyone and let them fend for themselves.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Third, what is being done to help the victim? A couple days of counselling, she'll hit her teens, become an outcast due to personality disorders, we'll medicate her (more profits for the pharmaceuticals). She'll become bi-polar or maybe even schizophrenic. She won't be able to support herself, hold a job. Chances are she'll bounce around from boy friend to boy friend looking for her innocent love that was taken so early. She will be on disability if not working the streets because all her dignity is lost. This is the typical scenario. If she is lucky and has a family with money, she may get help. Then we might have the pleasure of another Paris Hilton showing our young girls how cool it is to be flaunt your sexuality and go through life in a drunken stupor.

You talk about people condemning a grown man that has spent years with his desires and is known to be a criminal, yet a young girl whose life is still beginning you have condemned to a bad life.

It does not take money to make sure this girl comes out all right; it takes love and support from her family and friends. Money might be great but it is not the cure all.

People get by everyday and live normal lives without any of what you talk about that have been through what this girl did and worse. You do not know the mental faculties of this young girl. She might be a very strong type of person that can easily overcome anything from her past. The event will never leave her and she will never fully get over it, but she could very well be able to function quite easily.

In the same post about condemning a criminal for what some would call karma, you condemned a young girl to a life of misery. Why not try to have a positive outlook for the young girl instead.

Raist

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by willzilla

My point my friend, seems to have been missed. That is a failing on my part. Perhaps a different selection of words would have made it clear, perhaps not.

When one seeks to usurp the will of another, there is an underlying cause. There is a reason. None of us come into this world with that desire. It is one we come to know from the pain of living in this uncaring world. The pain we visit on others only begets more pain, and more, and more. We have the power to break this cycle. It is by forgiving. Yes, even forgiving the worst atrocities committed against us. My thoughts on the subject are not misguided. Perhaps, they are too soon in the history of Man to be delivered, but definitely not misguided.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my words, and to write out a thoughtful reply. By at least considering my perspective, I have hope for all mankind.

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join