It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm SHOCKED: My child says "Big Brother" to be monitoring her classroom via webcam,,,

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

My reading comprehension skills are adequate enough to discern that we only know that TVs were installed. All reference to webcams is anecdotal. There may well be cameras or a teacher may have just made an off hand remark to be funny, or to manipulate the students into believing they are being watched. Either way the student did not see a camera, only a television.

Well, Hefficide, it appears you are wrong on all counts after speaking with my daughter's principal. And, incidentally, the classrooms were already equipped with televisions.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So I've only glanced over this thread, reading some of back and forth and I'm still confused where the proof is that there is a webcam?

As for the mention of Cisco, they are -very- big with communication equipment, though they could be involved in just about -anything- electronic. Monitors, Webcams, and especially Router's would be common coming from Cisco. But still...I've read nothing about Webcams except conjecture on your part?

It seemed to me to be a simple monitor and the teacher was "tugging the leg" of the students, but again...I could be mistaken.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

OP - there has been no update yet? How odd. I see that you were signed into the site not 40 minutes ago. Oh, I suppose it could be that the school has not returned a phone call (that would not be the first time) though one would think that if a parent were as concerned as you seem to be, a visit to the school would not be out of line... Ahem...

This may come as a shock to you, but I do have a life outside of ATS. I am not required to rush back to my computer to post updates ASAP, especially not for someone with a demeanor like yours, which, I might add, is quite unbecoming.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

My daughter told me about the webcam and I subsequently confirmed it with my own eyes. If this is not enough evidence for you, by all means, I will get a photo if necessary.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I worked for the second largest Third Party Administrator in the World until August 31, 2010 when my job was outsourced to "Team India".

Cisco is deep into it's waste in this $hit. Research, it's a large corporation with tentecles reaching out globally.

Corporations............................control the globe. Not the government.

Trust me on this one, I've seen, I've witnessed, corporations rule almost all the governments...........almost the entire planet.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Woah Woah! There isn't a need for the hostile tone, I'm just trying to help clarify it all since I'm a -very- technical person.

My apologies, but I didn't notice where in the thread you mentioned seeing it with your own eyes? All I gathered was this.

1) Your daughter saw the monitor and inquired about it.
2) The Teacher said "Big brother will be watching" (perhaps to make them behave in the future, perhaps not)
3) Daughter tells you, and you call the school.
4) Principal is a technical -idiot- and doesn't know much about the system. When you inquired about a webcam and monitoring, the principal told you that, that wouldn't be happening.

Conclusion: Now I know you're her parent, and are probably more prone to believe your daughter, but from an outsiders standpoint I find it much easier to believe the adult principal and am prone to think perhaps, from the combination of your daughter not being familiar with the Cisco equipment, and the teacher wanting to "make them behave in the future", your daughter seemed to think it was a webcam.

Could you clarify when/how you saw the equipment and clarified there was a webcam attached? I'm confused as I didn't see where in the thread you said you went into the school? I had thought you just called up there?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

So in other words, if you have a itch on your butt, you must substain from stratching it ............... or risk being viewed and laughed at scratching that itch.

A human basic right.

No one has the right to monitor your every movement, no one.

Now ask, who the real monitors are.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Learn2Swim

Very wise post.

Fear is being use to control the herd.

David Ice is right on the money.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

This may come as a shock to you, but I do have a life outside of ATS. I am not required to rush back to my computer to post updates ASAP, especially not for someone with a demeanor like yours, which, I might add, is quite unbecoming.

and yet you rushed to start a thread that was so SHOCKING without any information to go from... and you somehow found the time to surf ATS whilst neglecting a thread that was started on supposition and paranoia. I see how this goes. anyhoo... you've the answers from the principle now, what's next?

edit on 16-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

and yet you rushed to start a thread that was so SHOCKING without any information to go from...

anyhoo... you've the answers from the principle, what's next?

I'm still confused, LadySkadi, perhaps you might be able to point out to me where NightGypsy mentioned actually seeing the webcam setup? Perhaps I'm not understanding it properly, but I thought she had -called- the principal and talked to her?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I worked until August 31, 2010 as the third party admistrator for Cisco.

Yes, have no doubt, this corporation monitors very closely it's "concerns' very closely.

They have branced out, in the name of "security" to spy on private citizens as well as corporations.

The herd is being corraled into a tigher space, ready for slaugher.

edit on 16-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't understand the question you pose to me, I've only commented on the most recent post the OP made in which she said she spoke to the principle. My question is now that she has and received the information that she has from the principle, what comes next?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by Hefficide

My reading comprehension skills are adequate enough to discern that we only know that TVs were installed. All reference to webcams is anecdotal. There may well be cameras or a teacher may have just made an off hand remark to be funny, or to manipulate the students into believing they are being watched. Either way the student did not see a camera, only a television.

Well, Hefficide, it appears you are wrong on all counts after speaking with my daughter's principal. And, incidentally, the classrooms were already equipped with televisions.

Realizing that I am involving myself in an absolute exercise in futility here, but feeling a need to, once again, defend my intelligence in this thread... My statement was not wrong on all counts. What I said matches exactly the evidence that you provided in your OP.

Your knowledge of webcams, and the whole situation for that matter, was anecdotal and unconfirmed. And your OP only mentioned a television - and an anecdotal mention of a webcam from a teacher.

edit on 9/16/10 by Hefficide because: edited for clarity

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There are all sorts of collaborative projects in schools which utilize the internet and (*gasp*) webcams.

For example, classrooms across the country and around the world can interact with each other by using these systems.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I would be contacting local media and newspapers if I were you , and I would be pulling my child out of the school ASAP. Do you live in a small town, or a larger city?

This whole thing is very fishy, and I applaud you and your daughter for breaking this news. I just can't believe there was no mention of this to the parents.Actually I can. And the principle can't even inform parents to what is going on in her school. Maybe you should inform other parents and have a protest at the next board meeting .

I read most of this post last night , but I don't remember what grade your daughter is in.

Is there a chance this was discussed in school board meeting , or even PTA type meeting that you didn't happen to attend?
Please keep us posted!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spaznational

Every human being has a right to human privacy.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Conclusion: Now I know you're her parent, and are probably more prone to believe your daughter, but from an outsiders standpoint I find it much easier to believe the adult principal and am prone to think perhaps, from the combination of your daughter not being familiar with the Cisco equipment, and the teacher wanting to "make them behave in the future", your daughter seemed to think it was a webcam.

ElijahWan, Please don't take my post personal. This thread seems to have sparked an interest in some members to be unreasonably antagonistic. You were not one of them, but you did experience some of the residual irritation that I'm feeling as a result.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

No worries NightGypsy, were all on the same team here, just trying to clarify what it is that's in your daughter's classroom. But as Phage mentioned above, there are -legitimate- uses for even a webcam in school. I'm willing to wager you've seen the Cisco commercial with that young female actress in it (don't know her name)

She walks into a classroom and goes "So what are you guys doing today"

And one of the small kids goes "Were going to CHINA!"

She's like "China? Isn't that a bit ....far?"

The little girl then points at the screen behind the young actress and you see an entire classroom of Chinese students all yelling "NEEE-HOW!" (sp? don't know chinese lol)

And all the kids in the American classroom stand up in wave....

In a sense it's like a "technological penpal", which is something that I think is GREAT since back when I went to grade school we were still writing on paper and it was being snail-mailed to our penpals. (And that was only like jeez....10 or so years ago)

Point being...even IF there is a webcam there....don't let your conspiracy theorist side take over and -assume- it's being used for monitoring of your child. I like to think -ANY- technology can be abused, but you can't really call "foul" until it IS actually abused, if you catch my drift.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There are all sorts of collaborative projects in schools which utilize the internet and (*gasp*) webcams. For example, classrooms across the country and around the world can interact with each other by using these systems.

Thank you, Phage for that revelation, especially the part about webcams enabling people around the world to interact with each other. This is a webcam capability I was completely unaware of. I thought you could only interact with people on webcams if they were in the next room.

I had no idea that one day, computer technology would advance to the point it would be in my daughter's classroom.

edit on 16-9-2010 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I found the commercial I was looking for! Here this should give you a good idea of some of the -legit- uses this technology might have.

www.youtube.com...

Oh and BTW! That's the same company that's providing the equipment in your daughter's school. CISCO

edit on 9/16/10 by ElijahWan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join