It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm SHOCKED: My child says "Big Brother" to be monitoring her classroom via webcam,,,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

This is SHOCKING new. I find it very questionable to the point of direct anger that our kids are being monitored for no reason and without parents permission.

People like that Blanca Rose no not what they speak of. The reason a few kids go on killing rampages is because they are raised by crap parents who have never learnt how to teach a child to behave. I would imagine that if Blanca rose is a female and a mum she is a SHOCKING parent and that is expressed in her support for surveillance on children. Either that or she supports pedophiles who like to watch children. She should wise up and realise that we are being watched for no reason that can be justified.

I feel bad for you if your child has to go through this nonsense and be watched during lessons. Its that dirty Obama who is ruining things because he will bring America to its knees for the world to laugh at and abuse. Parents like you are needed to stop this type of action within a place of education.

good luck!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Just imagine, if a student who came to school with a gun could be located via this new way of checking, how deaths could be avoided, or stopped much faster, or even all together.

You think I am comparing apples to oranges. yet, I am seeing the forest for the trees.

The school needs to protect itself from liability when these types of things happen, too, and I see it also as a way of them protecting themselves for insurance purposes.

What a ridiculous excuse. Firstly, its "how MANY death could be avided". Secondly, its "see the forest THROUGH the trees. And thirdly, the school does not need surveillance to protect its liability. Schools have been around since Plato's time and functioned without being monitored. These cameras will do nothing to stop a gun wielding child except make him/her more careful to open fire in the hall way or playground instead. Grow up.

If English is not your first language then I may (but more than likely not) of apologized but you make zero sense. Cameras have never stopped a crime EVER. Only made the Criminal more devious and the only thing a camera will do is catch a person after the event has happened. TO LATE THEN!!! Duh!

edit on 093030p://f21Wednesday by sassyncute because: added something else

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I must say, Blanca Rose is ruining the mood of this thread, along with the forum moderator and other members who can't seem to read correctly. This is shocking news to most people who have a brain and actually use it for rational thought. I know if my child told me this, I'd be shocked.

Being shocked isn't really a judgment. It's an expression of emotion. SURPRISE! You're not judging your surprise birthday party just because you were initially shocked by it. Either way, this definitely needs a response because it would be messed up if true.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There are so many things going on in schools today and this just adds one more to consider. Don't forget not only will your child be watched but the teacher as well. In the classroom I doubt there would be much concern if Big Brother is watching as long as they don't influence the children in any way or the teacher. In other areas of the school such as the gym, locker rooms, halls, cafeteria where children have free reign they should absolutely not have a presence - that would definitely be overstepping the line regarding privacy. Best solution if a family can do it is to home school - I don't feel kids are very safe at school any more.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You want to know why?

To get our children and future generations get used to living in a surveillance society.
Our children will grow up only understanding a society has to be monitored, it won't even bother them having big brother in their homes. Eventually all the 'paranoid' and 'has been' parents will be no more and TPTB will succeed in keeping the slaves under control.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

surly if this is true it goes against privacy laws, not to mention laws against looking at underage kids? I double check tho with your school, not disbelieving your kid but she may be pullin a swifty on ya! Because I just can't see how this could be legal even if they notified you of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Bianca I respect your right to think (liberal use of the word here) whatever you want and believe whatever you want...but you are still a plonker.
Best wish's in learning critical thinking and looking beyond what your told.
regards
me

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

My reading comprehension skills are adequate enough to discern that we only know that TVs were installed. All reference to webcams is anecdotal. There may well be cameras or a teacher may have just made an off hand remark to be funny, or to manipulate the students into believing they are being watched. Either way the student did not see a camera, only a television.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by NightGypsy

I did misread what you wrote about the time frame due to reading too fast and I do apologize for that.
However, as a member too I do feel my opinion on the TV/webcam issue is still valid. And I still think you jumped to conclusions by certain keywords used. But that is neither or nor there. Best of luck in getting to the bottom of this.

edit on September 15th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Totally in 100% agreement with you GEL .
The fact is that very little facts have been given in this thread and it would be wise to stay calm until we know more .

Op, you said the school would be in contact with you soon regarding this? if so what did they say about it?

Also just a reminder that Moderators are in fact Members before Moderators and as such are very much allowed to have an opinion ( which everyone is).
Personally OP myself and others found nothing remotely offensive in GELS first post and i agree that you are very much so jumping to conclusions without knowing the full story .
Like it or not GELS post was very valid and just because someone disagrees with your somewhat dramatic and unfounded thinking , does not make that persons response offensive .

It would have been better to get all the facts first.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute

Firstly, its "how MANY death could be avided".

If English is not your first language then I may (but more than likely not) of apologized

TO LATE THEN!!! Duh!

Firstly,it's AVOIDED not avided.
Secondly,it's may HAVE apologised(z optional for dodgy American spelling
)
Thirdly it's TOO late..

If you're going to be a spelling Nazi,you have to be good at it.

Sorry,couldn't resist

Anyway,on topic,my main beef with this system is its security.
There are umpteen programs available out there for hacking into webcam feeds already.

What's to stop some perv dialing in to peek under desks for his(or her) 'viewing pleasure'.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute

People like that Blanca Rose no not what they speak of. The reason a few kids go on killing rampages is because they are raised by crap parents who have never learnt how to teach a child to behave. I would imagine that if Blanca rose is a female and a mum she is a SHOCKING parent and that is expressed in her support for surveillance on children. Either that or she supports pedophiles who like to watch children. She should wise up and realise that we are being watched for no reason that can be justified.

Yes, I do know what I speak of. Having a special needs child, I can tell you that even if a child comes from a loving home, that they can go ballistic because of peer pressure from OTHER CHILDREN at school who are relentless in taunting and teasing, if the child is different in any way. Children who have not gone on shooting rampages are sometimes forced to committ suicide because of what they endure at school. Sometimes they drop out, because what they receive from the seemingly, "good kids," at school, is just too much to take. You should wise up that what happens at home is not all a child experiences during the day!

I feel bad for you if your child has to go through this nonsense and be watched during lessons. Its that dirty Obama who is ruining things because he will bring America to its knees for the world to laugh at and abuse. Parents like you are needed to stop this type of action within a place of education.

good luck!!

If you had taken the time to read the entire thread, you would have discovered that this is not because of "dirty Obama," and that some schools have been doing this for a long time. Years and years to be exact. I wouldn't pass judgement on the effectiveness of these camera's unless a person who was educated with them can come forward and state that it ruined the education they received or their life!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by k0mbination

Bianca I respect your right to think (liberal use of the word here) whatever you want and believe whatever you want...but you are still a plonker.
Best wish's in learning critical thinking and looking beyond what your told.
regards
me

Why thank you for your sentiments, and wonderful contrubution to the thread as to why you think I am a whatever the heck that is. I guess my critical thinking skills aren't keen enough to allow me to participate in a thread with just an insult, and nothing to back myself up!

Your post is exactly what I was trying to point out about peer pressure. You bring nothing to the table but an insult to boost yourself, while not explaining exactly why you think cameras in a classroom are a bad idea.

www.stayingalive.ca...

It is a very serious problem that sometimes leads to DEATH!

If you take the time to read the entire article, it explains in detail how bullying at schools can lead to deaths quite often. This is another reason why camera's are needed.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Blanca Rose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

You're doing that "giving away liberty for security" thing .... stopit, it's a bad habit.

If it's a digital TV set, it has built in camera functionality built in (theoretically possible, although everyone denies they'll use that feature
)

To the OP, maybe you should explain to your daughter what a cup of water does to electronics?

EDIT: And Blanca Rose, leather belts fix bullying, not CCTVs.

edit on 16-9-2010 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

A school has a right to protect itself from liability. The sad fact is that a lot more goes on in a school than just teaching.

I see this as a protection not only for the school, but for all the students as well.

I have shown my reasons for why I don't think that camera's are a bad idea in this thread, over and over.

I'm still waiting for somebody who had them in a school they attended to step forward and state how having a camera in their classroom ruined their education or life.

Do you know anybody who this negatively impacted? If so, please share.

edit to add: wouldn't it be wonderful if a camera in a classroom captured a student ruining electronics on purpose with a glass of water, and leather belts are corporal punishment that has no place at a school. They can also ruin the lives of families who use them at home and get reported.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Blanca Rose because: additional comments

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Which is worse:

Being bullied by kids?
Being bullied by the government?

You're only trading one for the other.

Both are humiliating, although only enough to hurt INSIDE, no marks required.

As to leather belts ... we didn't have bullying problems at school (20 years back) since CORPORAL PUNISHMENT was used. Now that CORPORAL PUNISHMENT is not used, we having bullying problems. See the pattern?

And as to water on electronics, now THAT'S education!!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Where I use to work there were cameras everywhere in the building, even the lounge and cafeteria.

Cameras are on most of our major intersections and toll roads employ them as well.

All major government buildings, hospitals, corporations, parking lots, stores, you name a place and as each year goes by more and more cameras are going up.

No I don't agree that cameras should be installed everywhere. But, people are being conditioned to accept handing over their rights..........now it's coming down to our children's level.

Read 1984. The movie is here: www.youtube.com...

1984 is already here.

Put down your Twilight Novel (there are real vampires but they don't drink your blood), turn off dancing with the stars and start researching, read books and watch videos like the ones I have provided below.

To the person that posted: Oh you should be grateful your school is so concerned about your safety......look at the shootings.

Start researching mind control. Really research this one subject. The school shootings, many of the mass shootings as probably many assassinations, I suspect are now controlled and manipulated through mind control.

The other videos on mind control can be found here: www.youtube.com...

We are systematically becoming a society being monitored and controlled, think zombiefied.

Wake the frak up people, more and more and more of your human rights are being taken away from you and the majority of you like the poster that thinks this is for our children's safety are being fooled.

We are becoming, slowly right before your eyes a World Wide Big Brother NWO.

This creates a closed subservient society. This isn't being done to protect, it's being done to monitor you and now your children, it's done to make sure we all become good little servant drones.

Wake up.............rise up...............rebel...............or you will die on your knees as will your children.

Now the ten million dollar question is who the man behind the curtain is.

We now even have body scanners in our airports and state buildings.

Anyone that doesn't see that our human rights are slowing being snatched from us is a moron.

When you give away your basic human rights in exchange for a false sense of security you deserve to be a prisoner on a prison planet.

TPTB are using the fear factor to make everyone think they have to have cameras on every street corner and now in your child's classroom.

Finally in closing..............our government is run by and for the large corporations not by and for the people. I keep stating this in all my posts. The 13 Cubed book and videos, fascinating.

edit on 16-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Your post is fantastic, as you put up a lot of information that I look forward to watching. Lot's of video's.

I would like to ask you though, outside of posting the information that you have, here on ATS, what are you doing about this? How are you rising up and protesting what you see as an invasion of our privacy and rights?

Do you write letters to your congressmen? Organize protests? Withhold your income tax? Setting up sit-ins at public schools?

What exactly are you doing about this, besides posting on ATS?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
OfHumanDescent, an excellent post, thank you!

It's 1984, i watched it again and got really really afraid, it's hre, no doubt. The OP's child referring to "big brother" on a tv set was also a wtf moment.

BlancaRose: If i may suggest, a glass of water, for starters? (don't let the camera see you!! [spraypaint good for that])

edit on 16-9-2010 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Tell me, if you have a webcam and a big screen tv, could you not just eliminate the teacher altogether?

I mean really, just hire some security personnel, run your programming erm teaching lessons on the tube, keep an eye on the conduct of the kids through the webcam and all is GOOOD.

Now you may think that sounds like a prison or RE education center, and you would be right.

Tell me, does it look like this?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Yes I do a weekly e-mail to The White House on various topics.

I have signed various petitions.

Am a member of several organizations that deal with human and animal rights.

Protested openingly the Vietnam War and had a line of armed policemen in battle formation come towards us. That was scary.

Do you know that our American Right to Protest in large numbers is no longer valid, now you have to acquire a permit.

Protested openingly to both President Bush and Obama via e-mails and (to Bush) a formal letter against the War in Iraq as well as am pushing for a valid investigation into 911.

The list goes on........I am surprised I haven't had CIA agents at my door. But, I am respectful in my letters and petitions.

Yes, I am actively opposed to my oppresion.

edit on 16-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join