It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eiffel Tower evacuated after bomb alert: AFP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by tarifa37

I'm getting this from the cam at the moment.

Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.

Peace.
ALS

I got that but reloaded and is now working again.

Finaly its on the breaking news banner of Sky News. Why are sky news sooo slow nowadays?

edit on 14-9-2010 by tarifa37 because: sky info

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
CNN Story:

Paris, France -- The Eiffel Tower and the park around it were evacuated Tuesday night after a telephoned bomb threat, police said.

The police press office said the alert, which was reported at 8:20 p.m., was being treated as a routine occurrence and the tower was being inspected to determine whether the threat was real. Police said the inspection was expected to be completed by 11 p.m. (5 p.m. ET).

Some 2,000 people were in the area when the evacuation was ordered, police said, according to CNN affiliate BFM-TV . Also evacuated were a number a nearby apartment buildings and businesses, according to news reports.

"One person on the scene said the police came by and said there was a problem and they had to leave the area quickly, and that's what they did," CNN's Jim Bittermann reported.

Eiffel Tower and surrounding park evacuated

CNN late like always

they usualy say less than others sources
but they have the correct number of peoples being evacuated which is 2000 not 25 000
we never know it could be 25 000 .. its hard to proove and to count

edit on 9/14/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is the reason in details that connect the dots
on why this strange bomb scare is happening today
like i said many time .. coincidence are rares

French senate approves burqa ban

The French senate approved Tuesday a law banning any veils that cover the face -- including the burqa, the full-body covering worn by some Muslim women -- making France the first European country to plan such a measure.

The law passed by a vote of 246 to 1, with about 100 abstentions coming essentially from left-leaning politicians.

The legislation was overwhelmingly approved by the lower house of parliament in July and will go into effect next spring.

French people back the ban by a margin of more than four to one, the Pew Global Attitudes Project found in a survey earlier this year.

Some 82 percent of people polled approved of a ban, while 17 percent disapproved. That was the widest support the Washington-based think tank found in any of the five countries it surveyed.

Clear majorities also backed burqa bans in Germany, Britain and Spain, while two out of three Americans opposed it, the survey found.

A panel of French lawmakers recommended a ban last year, and lawmakers unanimously passed a non-binding resolution in May calling the full-face veil contrary to the laws of the nation.

"Given the damage it produces on those rules which allow the life in community, ensure the dignity of the person and equality between sexes, this practice, even if it is voluntary, cannot be tolerated in any public place," the French government said when it sent the measure to parliament in May.

The law imposes a fine of 150 euros ($190) and/or a citizenship course as punishment for wearing a face-covering veil. Forcing a woman to wear a niqab or a burqa will be punishable by a year in prison or a 15,000-euro ($19,000) fine, the government said, calling it "a new form of enslavement that the republic cannot accept on its soil."

The French Council of State has warned that the ban could be incompatible with international human rights laws and the country's own constitution. The council advises on laws, but the government is not required to follow its recommendations.

The ban pertains to the burqa, a full-body covering that includes a mesh over the face, and the niqab, a full-face veil that leaves an opening only for the eyes. The hijab, which covers the hair and neck but not the face, and the chador, which covers the body but not the face, apparently are not banned by the law.

However, a 2004 law in France bans the wearing or displaying of overt religious symbols in schools -- including the wearing of headscarves by schoolgirls.

The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life estimates that France has about 3.5 million Muslims, or about 6 percent of the population.

France does not keep its own statistics on religious affiliation of the population, in keeping with its laws requiring the state to be strictly secular.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
Another thought I just had...is this bomb threat because of the French Senate passing the Muslim women veil ban?

You have to ask if they are related??? Who else is pissed off at the French???

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

n

IMO,it warrants attention by the MSM because they are the mouthpiece for the Mafia agenda. They seem to be resuscitating the terrorism scares recently...something tells me we're in for another false flag event at some point fairly soon/

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by Chamberf=6

n

IMO,it warrants attention by the MSM because they are the mouthpiece for the Mafia agenda. They seem to be resuscitating the terrorism scares recently...something tells me we're in for another false flag event at some point fairly soon/

i got the same feeling

were overdue to have another false flag

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by lasertaglover
Another thought I just had...is this bomb threat because of the French Senate passing the Muslim women veil ban?

You have to ask if they are related??? Who else is pissed off at the French???

This bloke thinks so anyway..

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Most likely this is a prank - hope it wasn't done to divert attention from something else. I don't mind if women wear the burqa in their own country - however for security reasons elsewhere one should be able to see the face. Any criminal could hide behind a burqa. I don't know how many US states have this law now but at one time no one over the age of 16 was allowed to wear a mask (Halloween, etc.) this was passed for security reasons and applied to all citizens. Seems they took the cam down, huh.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
No new news? Why the prank meme?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
OMG I just heard about this.

What the heck?! I am glad everything turned out ok.

That is a lot of people to evacuate.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It seems the " All Clear" was given three hours after the tower was first evacuated. www.independent.co.uk...

More than 2,000 tourists were cleared from the Eiffel Tower and surrounding areas last night after a series of bomb threats. One of the French capital's largest metro interchanges, at Saint-Michel near Notre Dame cathedral, was also cleared after a warning call to authorities.

The station was re-opened after an hour but the tower was closed for more than three hours while a large police presence kept tourists and onlookers at bay. The all-clear was finally given just before midnight.

A senior French security official had warned earlier this week that the terrorist threat to France was regarded as acute. A law to ban the burka, or full-length veil, in public places passed its final legislative stage when it was approved by the upper house of the French parliament, the Senate, earlier yesterday.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I was at work when this happened and found out later that night from another ATS member.

I have been in love with Paris my entire life and the Eiffel Tower is my favorite so it freaked me out to hear this.

I guess people think it had to do with them banning the burka but I am not sure.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Eiffel Tower evacuated after bomb threat

The Eiffel Tower was being evacuated Tuesday after a bomb threat made by telephone call from a phone booth in the vicinity of the tower, police told CNN.

It is the second time the landmark has been evacuated in about two weeks.

The 1,063-foot (324-meter) tower was the subject of another bomb threat on September 14 that police later said was bogus.

The threat closed the tower and a nearby metro station. About 2,000 people were evacuated from nearby homes and businesses.

Again ...
why the scare now ?? do they know something more then they tell ?
obviously related to the burka ban in France

top topics

<< 1   >>

join