It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Technology Vid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks DJW001!
Saved me a bunch of time. Good explanation.
I was going to eat dinner and didn't want to spoil my appetite by going into great detail.

There is one other thing that wasn't mentioned was the power source for all of these massive vacuum pumps and fans for propulsion.
It would be better to research into Bob Lazar, he worked at Area-51!!!

He used mag lev and some other "secret" ALIEN (wooowooo) stuff.

Thanks again and 73's,
Tom

Bob Lazar is a disinfo agent. The whole alien thing was cooked up as cover for this technology, and guess what... It worked. The technology is incredibly simple and yet no one was able to figure it out because everyone figured it was incredibly complicated.

Moreover vacuum pumps do not have any need to be huge, heavy, or complicated. Ever used an air mattress? Those pumps are not very heavy are they? DJW's explanation was not good, he gave examples of plastic and aluminum containers, thinly lined and weak structures.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Symbiot,
Please, also, read the edit on my last post.

Sorry, I know Bob and he is a great guy. Even had dinner at my house once. He signed one of his posters for my son.

Sorry to trouble you, but all you have is "seeeecret" stuff. No sources or evidence.

At least Bob had a poster that had fancy physics equations and pictures and really NEEET things on it.
Tom

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Symbiot

Symbiot,
Please, also, read the edit on my last post.

Sorry, I know Bob and he is a great guy. Even had dinner at my house once. He signed one of his posters for my son.

Sorry to trouble you, but all you have is "seeeecret" stuff. No sources or evidence.

At least Bob had a poster that had fancy physics equations and pictures and really NEEET things on it.
Tom

Ah yes, well it doesn't need to be a perfect vacuum even a 90% vacuum is 90% lighter than a 0% vacuum.

As far as Bob Lazar is concerned, he doesn't have a proven airship... He worked for the government and still does...

edit on 14-9-2010 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Yeah one more thing not that I actually read your last post...

"Bob Lazar is a disinfo agent. The whole alien thing was cooked up as cover for this technology, and guess what... It worked." sources?
"The technology is incredibly simple and yet no one was able to figure it out because everyone figured it was incredibly complicated." If it is so simple that you could figure it out why can't those PhD's and other high $$
scientists figure it out?

"Moreover vacuum pumps do not have any need to be huge, heavy, or complicated." again, what volume and capacity would be needed? Sources?

"Ever used an air mattress?" Yes
Those pumps are not very heavy are they? No, Point? The volume and speed required for your UFO would probably be quite a bit more than an air mattress, don't ya,think?

"DJW's explanation was not good, he gave examples of plastic and aluminum containers, thinly lined and weak structures." No he gave a very simple explanation of what would be needed in regards to air pressure and volume of vacuum required.

See now I have to go tell my wife I'll eat later, I lost my appetite, thanks.
I am outta here...
But, 73's to ya Symbiot, (you can google 73's)
Tom

PS, Bob and his wife own a science store up north somewhere...google that too while your at it.

edit on 14-9-2010 by tomdham because: Bob Lazar info

edit on 14-9-2010 by tomdham because: fix stuff

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Symbiot

Yeah one more thing not that I actually read your last post...

"Bob Lazar is a disinfo agent. The whole alien thing was cooked up as cover for this technology, and guess what... It worked." sources?
"The technology is incredibly simple and yet no one was able to figure it out because everyone figured it was incredibly complicated." If it is so simple that you could figure it out why can't those PhD's and other high $$
scientists figure it out?
Because they are paid not to, they are threatened not to. So why is it that Bob Lazar can figure this stuff out, but non of the other PhD's can? Guess he's the smartest man on Earth huh?

"Moreover vacuum pumps do not have any need to be huge, heavy, or complicated." again, what volume and capacity would be needed? Sources? I'll look it up and get back to you, but in the mean time if you really want to know you can do your own research on Blimps and hot air balloons.

"Ever used an air mattress?" Yes
Those pumps are not very heavy are they? No, Point? The volume and speed required for your UFO would probably be quite a bit more than an air mattress, don't ya,think? There is a point, yes the pumps would be larger and more sophisticated, but the point is that the technology is not complicated and incredibly cheap.

"DJW's explanation was not good, he gave examples of plastic and aluminum containers, thinly lined and weak structures." No he gave a very simple explanation of what would be needed in regards to air pressure and volume of vacuum required. Really, I didn't see that... All I saw were references to coke cans and plastic bottles not being able to withstand a vacuum.

See now I have to go tell my wife I'll eat later, I lost my appetite, thanks.
I am outta here... You lost your appetite? I mean I come here to post information, then YOU attack me and then say you lost your appetite.
But, 73's to ya Symbiot, (you can google 73's)
Tom

PS, Bob and his wife own a science store up north somewhere...google that too while your at it.

edit on 14-9-2010 by tomdham because: Bob Lazar info

edit on 14-9-2010 by tomdham because: fix stuff

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I like the idea since, if it worked, it would be a really cool to see. I just don't see how it's practical. It still uses a combustion engine for thrust and really you're only replacing the wings with air chambers. How does this solve any problems?

Boeing is one company already at work on hybrid planes that reduce their carbon footprint by using less fuel and relying more on electricity (like a Prius). How would this UFO be any more efficient or faster than a hybrid plane?

Also, when I think of a UFO, I think that the real mystery in that is the ability to easily travel the universe using mind control avionics, advanced propulsion systems, and worm hole generators. This "Hindenburg UFO" doesn't address any of the sexiness that you would expect with a UFO.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by coder
I like the idea since, if it worked, it would be a really cool to see. I just don't see how it's practical. It still uses a combustion engine for thrust and really you're only replacing the wings with air chambers. How does this solve any problems?

Boeing is one company already at work on hybrid planes that reduce their carbon footprint by using less fuel and relying more on electricity (like a Prius). How would this UFO be any more efficient or faster than a hybrid plane?

Also, when I think of a UFO, I think that the real mystery in that is the ability to easily travel the universe using mind control avionics, advanced propulsion systems, and worm hole generators. This "Hindenburg UFO" doesn't address any of the sexiness that you would expect with a UFO.

These UFO's don't actually fly in space, but they can travel into the atmosphere providing a launching ground into space.

For efficiency purposes the UFO weighs so little that it takes very little energy to move it in any direction, thus lowering it's footprint, so much so that an all electric engine would be quite useful. Especially if you consider that flying higher in the sky would provide a greater amount of sun light for solar panels placed on the craft. Moreover the craft can stay in the sky indefinitely because once the vacuum is created the craft requires no power whatsoever to remain afloat.

It's also much safer than conventional air travel. In todays airplanes if an engine goes out the passengers are likely to die violent deaths. With the UFO if the engine goes out nothing happens, it just floats there awaiting rescue.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Thanks for the quick response! I've read through this entire thread and all of your responses appear to be solid and based in physics. You also seem quite passionate about this and I hope that you do something with that. I've seen people get funding for crazier ideas and perhaps you'll be able to get the funding necessary to make this a reality.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well I suppose it's possible to get funding for something like this. Problem is that it's not technically an original idea, these things are already in use by the military to the best of my knowledge. Perhaps not military, but secretive organizations such as intelligence and whatnot.

I think the biggest problem is that the whole alien visitation idea came about from the disinformation campaign regarding this type of craft. Now the government finds itself in a bit of a quandary. If they release the information regarding these things many of their own citizens will likely feel foolish and end up feeling extremely upset and taken advantage of by their own government.

It's entirely possible that the government/military did not intend for the alien visitation idea. It might be that many of the public basically assumed alien visitation due to the secrecy surrounding the technology, which secrecy is nothing new when it comes to military hardware, and greedy entrepreneurs basically took advantage of the situation in order to capitalize, thus making the problem even worse.

So what is a government to do in this situation. I mean at this point there are entire religions based upon alien visitation, Scientology I'm looking in your direction, and if the truth were released we could be talking about total chaos.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There is nothing new about this idea of course as it was first proposed by an Italian monk Franceso de Lana in 1670.

Source

Well as far as I can see the whole theory hinges on a material light and strong enough to overcome the problem of diminishing returns regards mass versus volume.

One major problem with lighter then air craft is they are at the mercy of the vagaries of the weather you would have to have a pretty powerful propulsion unit to overcome this shortcoming which of course just adds to the total weight again.

Currently it would seem we do not have the technology to build something like this which puts this subject into the realms of speculative fiction and once in that territory you could say what you like, personally I am a big advocate of good old fashioned fairy dust.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Interesting that it was first proposed in 1670 since the letters in my name add up to 167, hence the signature of 1337.

As far as light and strong material I don't believe they had titanium or carbon nano tubes in 1670, but they do now. And for weather anomalies the craft can simply fly above any rough weather. Plus with todays computers and the thrust vectoring outlined in the video a computer should be able to calculate exactly where to direct a bit of thrust in order to stabilize the craft in rough weather.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It makes complete since. I looked at wiki so I can interject some opinions:

The first thing that comes to mind is the vacuum that is used at NASA to simulate space; not saying they are floating in there. The chamber is made up of heavy metals (mu-metals). So this is one of those NASA chambers converted to a disc with lighter metals. Also one must consider the "vacuum quality" that it must take; I hope the guy that made the video has some math skills.

Like a balloon, 1st you have the helium (vacuum), 2nd you have the balloon (light metal), 3rd you have the air (nitrogen, oxygen, etc...), the helium is then acting upon the balloon, stretching the surface area, making helium more abundant then the matter (balloon) it is acting upon. Now interacting with the air, you get lift.

Now you have the NASA vacuum chamber that has metals keeping out the earth’s electromagnetic field so it would not act upon the object within. The video shows no need for there to be an object within the vacuum chamber than other metals could be considered, of course the lighter the better and perhaps it actually needs a metal to interact with the electromagnetic field to give the object some type of propulsion. So vacuum and electromagnets working together. Never really thought about it like that even though I have imagined for a long time that the earths magnetism is somehow associated with these crafts.

So since vacuum has no elements within it, it does not need to interact by stretching, or another way, to the metal that is surrounding it, so the vacuum is really just interacting with the air, thus giving it lift and the earth driving its velocity. Again, we need a mathematician. I have read all of the post made by the youtube video guy, and he seems very frustrated and comes to conclusions about advanced civilizations do not exist and just points to this simple video to disprove it and calls people shills. If we come to find out this is possible, then what about other civilizations that CAN exist in other planets and having a couple of centuries of a head start. What will we do in a decade with this “technology”?

Final thought: So this craft needs light metals, a vacuum, batteries or another type of energy source to drive the vacuum system or maybe just to get it started and the turbines to do the rest; not too hard.

edit on 14-9-2010 by scar7 because: sp

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I am the YouTube guy. I called people shills because I posted over at glp and some of the people over there have been trying to discredit me, I believe they followed the link and posted on the YouTube page just the same. Yes it is frustrating when that type of thing happens. One guy accused me and another poster of working for the government and another guy accused me of being "bereft of clue." He also said I needed to attend physics 101 because a vacuum cannot float, which is clearly not the case. That same guy also flagged one of my posts as spam, even though I was posting on my own video. Quite annoying.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
Quite annoying.

Yeah, it’s hard sometimes for people to accept certain things for reasons we don’t understand, unless they tell us; people have a hard time communicating.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

As far as light and strong material I don't believe they had titanium or carbon nano tubes in 1670, but they do now

Ok, here is something to think about, a vacuum has only 8% more lift then hydrogen and 16% more then helium so how much heavier is the vacuum balloon containment then say a hydrogen or helium envelope ?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think the most important factor is that the craft can go up and down at any time by adjusting the amount of air in the chambers. A blimp can release helium to descend, but it cannot add helium mid flight in order to ascend.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If this vehicle is only supposed to test the boundaries of technology by just going up and down, than what is the point? The point seems just to be that a vacuum lifts light metals. Kind of seems boring. This world is filled with endless possibilities, hence us not knowing the ends of space, if there is an end. And if you do know, contact the news. The only thing we can come up with is hey look, a balloon going up and down, but wait there is more, there’s a vacuum in it; cough, sneeze, NASA chamber anyone in balloon form. Wow guys test the limits, what are you trying to do, suppress this "technology".

edit on 14-9-2010 by scar7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
man where to begin. How is a simple fan going to produce the acceleration observed in UFO's Like hows the fan going to push the disc at 10,000mph.

Hows the disc going to protect it's self and it's occupants from the inertia.

HOws the thrust vectoring going to make the disc instantly change direction.

Hows the titanium or even the nano particles going to resist the amazing heat generated by the friction of traveling through the air at 10,000mph.

HOws the disc going to fly in space. a vacuum it's self if there is nothing for the fan to suck in and eject.

How are the crew supposed to get anything done inside a cabin so damned cramped

Hows the disc not going to flip end over end and cartwheel about with the thrust being ejected horizontally from the top.

How exactly does the vacuum negate gravity again?

how fast would this thing be able to change altitude. last time I checked UFO's don't fly like blimps or even subs they change 1000's of feet in altitude in a matter of seconds.

How on earth are we manufacturing nano tubes and buckyballs so fast and in such quantities to create a fleet of these things.

What about the power source.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The crafts I've seen completely glow with self-illumination.

The closest one I've seen (guessing maybe 100' away or so directly overhead) was glowing a deep purplish and brightest on the leading edge.

This year I saw one shoot up out of sight, and it did so in distinct equal-distanced spacing, in less than a second. The entire sky in that area lit up like a flash of lightning when it did so.

Another one I saw this year was shimmering/bursting bright light randomly in different places all over it's surface as it, too, flew overhead.

The one my wife saw zipped to and fro short distances until it stopped, got very bright, elongated to a point, and zipped off out of sight in the blink of an eye.

... In my opinion there is more to their functioning than vacuums. BUT, the principle might be similar.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by scar7
If this vehicle is only supposed to test the boundaries of technology by just going up and down, than what is the point? The point seems just to be that a vacuum lifts light metals. Kind of seems boring. This world is filled with endless possibilities, hence us not knowing the ends of space, if there is an end. And if you do know, contact the news. The only thing we can come up with is hey look, a balloon going up and down, but wait there is more, there’s a vacuum in it; cough, sneeze, NASA chamber anyone in balloon form. Wow guys test the limits, what are you trying to do, suppress this "technology".

edit on 14-9-2010 by scar7 because: (no reason given)

Umm... It does more than just go up and down. Did you forget the 360 degrees of movement? That makes this craft incredibly more maneuverable than standard fighter jets, a fighter jet wouldn't stand a chance against this craft because of it's maneuverability. If a missile were fired at this craft all it would need to do is side step out of the way, a missiles turning radius is nothing compared to 360 degrees of movement.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join