It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: The "Smartest person in America"?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

The obvious problem we currently have is that we have a President who actually believes he is the smartest person in the country and has surrounded himself with sychophants who reinforce that notion.

People like this are fundamentally problematic, in school, the workplace, the military, everywhere. At this time, we are unfortunate to have such a person as the most powerful person in the country, if not the world.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1b96e887dfc2.jpg[/atsimg]

# The White House brags that it will cut the deficit in half by 2013. The President does not mention that the deficit has nearly quadrupled this year. Merely cutting it in half from that bloated level would still leave budget deficits twice as high as under President Bush.
# The public national debt–$5.8 trillion as of 2008–is projected to double by 2012 and nearly triple by 2019. Thus, America would accumulate more government debt under President Obama than under every President in American history from George Washington to George W. Bush combined.

blog.heritage.org...

CBO: $10 trillion jump in debt under Obama budget

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- If President Obama's 2011 budget were put into effect as proposed, the U.S. federal government would add an estimated $9.8 trillion to the country's accrued debt over the next decade, according to a preliminary analysis from the Congressional Budget Office.

Of that amount, an estimated $5.6 trillion will be in interest alone.

money.cnn.com...

But by all means keep bashing the OP....

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: to fix formatting

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: I like editing..

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Obama is controlled just like GW was ...peace I really like the part at the end of the clip ...911 truth is popping up everywhere and that's great .

www.youtube.com... deos+by+corbettreport%29&utm_content=Google+International

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by 547000
Aaaaaaaand, here come the liberals to defend the messiah.

Why don't we defend the facts and worry about the whole "Liberal" partisan hackery later once we asses whether an anonymous email is BS or not?

Or is this where you close your eyes, plug your ears and start chanting the talking points of an anonymous spam email?

No its not BS. I remember all of these points in the past. yes bush added almost 5 trillion in 8 years but obama has added 3 Trillion in 18 months. Now just because i bring up bush doesent mean i suport him fully. Bush was to liberal of a republican, he spent like crazy and doesent represent the conservitve side of the republican party. I would say he was more of a liberal then anything. He would have fit in the Dem party just fine

edit on 13-9-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2010 by camaro68ss because: corrections and added notes

I guess this is how the partisan fires get stoked -

Maybe if the Conservative base would have found an actual conservative to replace Bush after his first four liberal years in office we would not have a problem... It seems he was fine at the time, I saw NO outrage from
"CONSERVATIVES" as Bush went on his spending spree, attack civil liberties, let the nation get raped by $5.50 gasoline (with his cabinet member DIRECTLY benefiting), Trillion dollar, one up daddy war (with his cabinet member DIRECTLY benefiting)...

SO where were you guys???

Nothing, crickets -

It is like handing you a beaten up Festiva and then being angry the next time you see the vehicle, because it is not a beautiful Camaro -

Further more WHO do you guys have? Which real conservative is going to run to be POTUS?

Cause ALL I see are a lot of BUSHLIKE conservatives who nothing but actively support corprotism -
When they screw up are you going to say?

"GEE BY GOLLY... WELL WE VOTED FOR THEM TWICE (AGAIN) BUT THEY WERE REALLY LIBERAL"

The personal responsibility crowd is big on passing it off

So TELL ME FOLKS, WHICH REAL CONSERVATIVE IS GOING TO RUN FOR POTUS???

Oh wait I know, the same ones who supported Bush's "liberal" policies -

You guys have a problem... if you guys don't figure this out in the public realm, I sure hope you do privately.

I think this fabled conservative politician, that is actually able to carry a national election is about as common
as a two horned unicorn

PS - You did just support BUSH, very well, are you sure you ain't one of them librals??? Bush is like a
two bit hooker with you folks, defend him or $@#$ him when it suits your mood.

God help us all

edit on 13-9-2010 by Janky Red because: WHAT IS IT WITH THE BIG LETTERS???

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You have Spam email saying Obama is dumb, I have video proving Bush was dumb.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

and I have a sneaky suspicion we are all being manipulated.

Let's fight over who's dumber?

edit on 013030p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: correction

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by earth2

and I have a sneaky suspicion we are all being manipulated.

Let's fight over who's dumber?

edit on 013030p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: correction

yup

I think that is the point -

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

JVM....I have been in that spot you were when you posted that. Frustrated and just in awe that people here will never, ever, learn to maybe step outside of the box, examine what has been presented and come into the debate with a cool, collective head using facts and logic. Instead, in this we see why at the larger level there is in-fighting, cross-aisle fighting, etc, etc.

I do not like maybereal's stance on a lot of things, but he has been spot on here when asserting the facts. My advice to him is don't take it so far to bring his own bias into the fray
Just messing of course..too early to be serious.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Check out Youtube videos, search for Obama and dumb. There are plenty of videos of both of them looking dumb.

Dumb does not discriminate.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

verry good ljtg123..

Yeah to those that are bashing the OP wouldn't it be nice if we just once did our research before we open mounth and inserted foot.....

taste of leather must be good

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That is indeed a great list.
Even if one or two of these are not exactly true, that's still is quite a bit of gems/flubs, enough for a book like the ones written about dubya.
I knew it would be a matter of time before the list of Obama flubs would grow, but I had no idea it had grown so large in just 18+ months.

Who knows what the next 2 years will have in store for us.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

Well in diplomatic circles I think a bow if preferred to kissing and holding hands.

1.bp.blogspot.com...

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

Here is Bush and Reagan...teleprompters..

s2.buzzfeed.com...

and

www.historyplace.com...

I asked myself just now…do I really have to point out in every bit of this anonymous spam email where they bald-ass lie? Don’t people inherently know better?
It’s an anonymous email after all!!!.

….Answer? Evidently yes, some posters are that stupid and so ethically crippled they are unable to fact-check whether they are sitting or standing….”fact-checking” is for liberal commies!! True patriots just repeat the BS they are told.

This thread is like the movie Dumb and Dumber with a political spin.

edit on 13-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by maybereal11

You are not adding in the debt that the legislation he has signed in the first year will do to the budget and the debt. You are only going with what has now been spent. What is already in the pipeline to be spent with no way to ever pay these new entitlements back! They ARE part of the debt he has signed onto the citizenry.
Zindo

Oh Good point!!! Let's now deduct the ongoing cost of combat operations since GW started two wars, but the bill is apparently on Pres. Obama's desk by your math.

While we are at it we need to deduct Pres Bush's first Stimulas that didn't get spent until Pres. Obama took office.

Let's deduct the cost of every new program and expenditure that GW put into place that still exists today...even Republicans admit Bush grossly expanded government...

Let's calculate the percent of blame that the GWB Administration deserves for deregulating the financial industry and resultant percent of blame for the near economic collapse and associated costs in welfare and unemployment expenditures and total loss in tax dollars.

I wasn't aware that was how we were doing the math.

If you are going to take selected projections and call them current numbers and attribute them to one administration, then fairness requires that you also calculate how much of our current debt is due to PRIOR administrations.

You can't have it both ways.

Here lets look..

Critics Still Wrong on What’s Driving Deficits in Coming Years
Economic Downturn, Financial Rescues, and Bush-Era Policies Drive the Numbers

www.cbpp.org...

Nevertheless, the fact remains: Together with the economic downturn, the Bush tax cuts and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq explain virtually the entire deficit over the next ten years (see Figure 1).

The deficit for fiscal year 2009 was $1.4 trillion and, at nearly 10 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), was the largest deficit relative to the size of the economy since the end of World War II. If current policies are continued without changes, deficits will likely approach those figures in 2010 and remain near $1 trillion a year for the next decade.

The events and policies that have pushed deficits to these high levels in the near term, however, were largely outside the new Administration’s control. If not for the tax cuts enacted during the presidency of George W. Bush that Congress did not pay for, the cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that were initiated during that period, and the effects of the worst economic slump since the Great Depression (including the cost of steps necessary to combat it), we would not be facing these huge deficits in the near term.

BTW - In case you are confused, that is a link to an article...Just in case anonymous emails were your principle source of news and you were unfamiliar with other types of information.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Obama isn't even the smartest person in Kenya. He couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the a.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Haha, I actually went to youtube to search for some dumb Obama videos and couldn't find any that match the Bush videos.

As for his 57 state remark, I wonder if that was a mistake or he really thought that. I'm sure at some point in college he was taught how many states we live in and the second video is just an edit.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Isn't there 57 islamic states?

Recently I heard a radio journalist mention that there are 57 Islamic states. Is that true? And if so, which countries are Islamic states? The Answer: That exact question has been on our minds as well. We did some research and found a group called the Organization of the Islamic Conference. The OIC has 57 member states. The majority religion in these states is not necessarily Islam, but leaders in these countries believe it is necessary to ". . . speak with one voice to safeguard the interests and secure the progress and well-being of their peoples and of all Muslims in the world."

www.infoplease.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

yes, the second video is clearly a joke. David Letterman did a piece around the time of that video called the Obama "Uhm" count. Ha Ha Ha

Yes, there was plenty of ammo for Bush, Clinton, Gore, Quayle etc. Obama and Biden are certainly wasting no time in the gaffe arena. In today's 24/7 world the game is clearly on.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What I find EVEN FUNNIER is the conservatives who are on here attacking Obama's deficit don't even acknowledge the fact that their beloved George W. Bush is STILL putting us in debt thanks to...Wait a minute...Wait for it...

War in Afghanistan (Even though Michael Steele would SURE wish to make this "Obama's War"
War in Iraq
2 Different Tax Cuts which are STILL affecting our deficit at this very moment.

The point is this....Bill Clinton HANDED George W. Bush a surplus. By 2008 our economy was in SHAMBLES, jobs were being lost A LOT faster than they are now, and the stock market was going down, down, down.

Barack Obama came in riding the motto of "Change", and change he sure brought. Although...I'm sure NONE OF YOU realize this...but it's Economics 101....You can't STIMULATE an economy without spending money....hence Obama having to pump money into our economy in order to improve it and get us back on track. Only then, can we actually FOCUS on reducing the deficit.

Hmm...perhaps I better draw a picture for you....

Clinton's Surplus is up here.....

Bush's RECORD deficit

You're never going to get your economy going again if you don't PUMP money BACK into the System that GEORGE W. BUSH broke.

Conclusion: All you cons. can sit here and attack Obama all you want, but HISTORY will prove you wrong in the years to come when you realize Obama SAVED our country from a GREATER DEPRESSION at the hands of GEORGE W. BUSH thanks to his 1) Costly Wars that don't benefit us AT ALL 2) Tax Cuts for everyone INCLUDING the 2% richest Americans (Who let's be honest....DON'T need a tax-cut)

edit on 9/13/10 by ElijahWan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Please we need the picture,,,

thanks in advance...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join